PDA

View Full Version : Question from a pal

Robert A Whit
11-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Bob,

The next time somebody says to you the rich don't pay their fair share, ask them what the fair share is for the 49% who pay no income taxes at all.

It is outrageous that the 49% who pay no income taxes are telling those who pay 86% of all the income taxes that they don't pay their fair share.

Don

I sent a note to Don and this is his reply to me.

He asks a very good question.

Don spent years in the Air Force as a high ranking officer.

So, who wants to tackle his question?

SassyLady
11-11-2012, 10:08 PM

Progressives will say that it's not about the "fair share of the taxes"; it's about the fair share of economic equality.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-11-2012, 10:48 PM

The golden goose and the laying of golden eggs has a limit and we are fast approaching even that great limit as a nation. How many think that obama's 6 trillion new debt is not part of a plan? Think that its only greed, o' yes part of its greed and corruption but the main part is destruction and weakness. Watch the coming military cuts and the weakening of our currency and how they combine to weaken our influence in the world. Can not have that One World Government with USA still the number one power in the world or even with it being a super power! Rather than fight it destroying it from within is far less risky. What we have now is a well laid plan coming in to bear its fruit. Show aint pretty but tis the truth..-Tyr

gabosaurus
11-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Apples and Oranges.
Most of the 47 percent who don't pay taxes either earn no income or earn below the minimum level of taxation.
If someone is trying to scrape by on $8,000 a year, do you really think it is fair to take 10 to 15 percent from them?
Then there are those who make $10 million per year or more. Are you saying they can't afford to pay more?
One of my husband's clients grosses $40-45 million per year. He has tax shelters out the wazoo. He ends up paying about a much taxes as my husband and I, who earn significantly less.

Next time you get disgusted about who pays taxes and who doesn't, decide who you want to be -- the person who makes $8,000 a year and pays no taxes, or the person who makes $10 million a year and pays higher taxes.

Robert A Whit
11-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Progressives will say that it's not about the "fair share of the taxes"; it's about the fair share of economic equality.

That is the same excuse bank robbers use. Burglary victims realize that they are not being robbed by the rich, but by the poor or lower rung of the middle class.

So, why not pass laws to let banks be robbed by the poor or homes broken into so long as the criminal is poor?

It is the same thing done by goverment. If we are the government, we are criminals for letting this go on.

Robert A Whit
11-12-2012, 03:29 AM
Apples and Oranges.
Most of the 47 percent who don't pay taxes either earn no income or earn below the minimum level of taxation.
If someone is trying to scrape by on $8,000 a year, do you really think it is fair to take 10 to 15 percent from them?
Then there are those who make $10 million per year or more. Are you saying they can't afford to pay more?
One of my husband's clients grosses $40-45 million per year. He has tax shelters out the wazoo. He ends up paying about a much taxes as my husband and I, who earn significantly less.

Next time you get disgusted about who pays taxes and who doesn't, decide who you want to be -- the person who makes $8,000 a year and pays no taxes, or the person who makes $10 million a year and pays higher taxes.

You get their vote in general for giving them for free what they ought to pay for.

Is it FAIR?

Are you joking?

Is it FAIR to rob the rich? See my other reply where I speak of robbing banks and homes.

Your rich pal still pays a lot more to the Feds than you pay.

What did he do to force the rotten congress to mess things up then expect to fix things all on his back?

Robert A Whit
11-12-2012, 03:32 AM
If one is making 45 millilon year, which is peanuts compared to Oprah Winfrey, (450 million in only 12 months) and one is a teacher, even if her husband makes a million dollars per year, I don't accept she knows the taxes some guy making 45 million pays.

Nope, not believable.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Apples and Oranges.

Yes, lets destroy the economy and the nation all in the name of the social justice you ignorantly want! And guess what no nation has ever devised a way to implement this fantasy you so happily embrace.
All attempts have resulted in failure causing massive deaths and decades of pure misery. You and people like you are the real enemies of this nation. Thats a fact..-Tyr

mundame
11-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I think the whole concept that people who make more money should pay out more money in taxes is grossly illogical.

Why shouldn't everyone pay exactly the same in dollars for government?

We all pay the same to go see "Skyfall."

We all pay the same for a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce.

Why should we pay different amounts for government?

It makes no sense to me; it's robbery, of course. Muggers don't stick up bums -- they stick up people they think have some money. So does government.

Robert A Whit
11-12-2012, 09:11 PM
I think the whole concept that people who make more money should pay out more money in taxes is grossly illogical.

It makes no sense to me; it's robbery, of course. Muggers don't stick up bums -- they stick up people they think have some money. So does government.

I think the little man realizes that so long as he can be party to class warfare, he will force others to pay his FAIR share of government.

I agree with you 100 percent.

Why does the little man like this?

Because he has proven over his life that he is not able to do work to earn a lot of money. Thus he believes his disability of ethics and efforts entitle him, just like the bank robber,to property owned by others.

Congress loves it because it is how they stay in power. To cater to the masses, one makes them promises. Hope and Change.

Remember?

aboutime
11-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Apples and Oranges.

Gabby. Using the CLASS WARFARE excuse to avoid honestly discussing the topic. How Liberally Californian of You. Snob.

Robert A Whit
11-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Very well stated. I agree entirely.

I have often cited as proof most things.

Bridge or highway tolls are equal to all. Merchants don't seek a tax return to establish charges for goods.

Only government has this perversion that they feel they must charge for the same thing, a lot more to some and nothing to many others.

IT is not FAIR, but it is how dirty politics works.