PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles City Council declares all future Mondays to be 'meatless'

red states rule
11-12-2012, 10:48 AM
The arrogance of libs is amazing.Right now libs are saying they are not going to "force" people not to eat meat on Mondays - but like everything else libs enact - give them time. They will get around to it later. So now libs think they can tell people what they can and cannot eat on Monday's? Oh well, the voters of CA deserve this since they voted these nanny state libs into office
The Los Angeles City Council has declared every Monday to be a so-called 'meatless Monday,' and is urging all residents to participate in the weekly day of vegetarianism.
NBC Los Angeles reports that with the vote Los Angeles has become the largest city to embrace the Meatless Monday campaign, a nonprofit with the goal of cutting down on meat consumption for health and environmental reasons.
Neither city officials nor law enforcement will be allowed to force residents to not eat meat, The Los Angeles Daily News reports. Rather, the resolution is meant to encourage residents to not eat meat once a week in the hopes of starting a city-wide trend.
Councilwoman Jan Perry, who has pushed for a ban on new fast-food restaurants in South Los Angeles, said the resolution is part of an overall "good food" agenda for the city.
"We can reduce saturated fats and reduce the risk of heart disease by 19 percent," Perry said according to the Los Angeles Daily News. "While this is a symbolic gesture, it is asking people to think about the food choices they make. Eating less meat can reverse some of our nation's most common illnesses."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/12/los-angeles-city-council-declares-all-future-mondays-to-be-meatless/?test=latestnews#ixzz2C5BuzmDK

gabosaurus
11-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Sorry Red. This is REALLY old news. Can't you choose a more recent scandal to whine about?

red states rule
11-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Sorry Red. This is REALLY old news. Can't you choose a more recent scandal to whine about? And I am sure you would become one of the Meat Meter Maids Gabby generating revenue for the underfunded government as people illegally ate meat on Monday. As I said, libs like you deserve everything you get in CA Gabby since you people keep begging for more

jafar00
11-12-2012, 07:46 PM
You know, it's not such a bad idea. We eat too much meat anyway. I usually have a few vegetarian meals during the week. Usually on weekends when I get to cook my Asian style lunches with lots of crispy green vegetables!

I don't know what the fuss is about. Isn't this a little like casual fridays? Not everybody participates, and not everyone agrees with it, but for those who do participate, it has benefits.

aboutime
11-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Sorry Red. This is REALLY old news. Can't you choose a more recent scandal to whine about?

Gabby. Once again. Many of us agree with you. YOU CERTAINLY "ARE" SORRY.

Robert A Whit
11-12-2012, 08:26 PM
You know, it's not such a bad idea. We eat too much meat anyway. I usually have a few vegetarian meals during the week. Usually on weekends when I get to cook my Asian style lunches with lots of crispy green vegetables!

I don't know what the fuss is about. Isn't this a little like casual fridays? Not everybody participates, and not everyone agrees with it, but for those who do participate, it has benefits.

If you try to take a person's power with raw force, they get scared then angry and fight back.

The way you remove freedom is bits at a time. Things such as a law not to eat meat on mondays.

In a dictatorship, it is simply done faster and with less resistance.

So long as we have people willing to let government dictate their food, it is a short step to dictating other things.

You may like a law. But why like it when it offends many others?

Thunderknuckles
11-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't know what the fuss is about.
There's a fuss because it is against the principles of why this country was founded. It's really quite simple. Limited government that stays out the way of its citizenry and lets them determine their own futures. It should be obvious that telling people what they can and cannot eat and when is clearly against such a principle and we take even small encroachments on our freedom seriously. People died for it after all.

aboutime
11-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Jafar. Has anyone on this forum told you You are not permitted to EAT PORK?

Do you eat pork products?

If not. Why?

Then use your illogical reasoning to tell us why Americans in Los Angeles, or any other city should be told HOW, and WHAT to eat, WHEN?

jafar00
11-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Jafar. Has anyone on this forum told you You are not permitted to EAT PORK?

Do you eat pork products?

If not. Why?

Then use your illogical reasoning to tell us why Americans in Los Angeles, or any other city should be told HOW, and WHAT to eat, WHEN?

Nobody has told me I'm not allowed on this forum.

No I don't eat Pork.

Why?

He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'aan 16:115)

Also a friend of mine almost died and ended up having 6 inches of necrotic intestines removed because of a parasite found in pork products. Allah commanded us not to eat it several times for a reason.

So why is my reasoning illogical? They are just suggesting to people that having a meatless Monday would be beneficial to health and could save money too. It's not like they made it criminal not to participate. Mountains out of molehills.

aboutime
11-12-2012, 09:42 PM

No I don't eat Pork.

Why?

He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'aan 16:115)

Also a friend of mine almost died and ended up having 6 inches of necrotic intestines removed because of a parasite found in pork products. Allah commanded us not to eat it several times for a reason.

So why is my reasoning illogical? They are just suggesting to people that having a meatless Monday would be beneficial to health and could save money too. It's not like they made it criminal not to participate. Mountains out of molehills.

You are incapable of reading, or comprehending. So the least of your problems would be eating anything. Show me where I said anything about you not being able to come here to this forum.
Never mind. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID. Not even you.

red states rule
11-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Gabby. Once again. Many of us agree with you. YOU CERTAINLY "ARE" SORRY.
I see Gabby has plenty of time on her hands to post now that Obama won. I am sure it is purely a coincidence. Of course given the sorry shape of the CA economy who can afford to buy meat in the first place to eat any day of the week; let alone on Monday?

Marcus Aurelius
11-13-2012, 07:53 AM

No I don't eat Pork.

Why?

he should have cooked it better.

taft2012
11-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Right now libs are saying they are not going to "force" people not to eat meat on Mondays - but like everything else libs enact - give them time.

Terrific. Another great idea for Bloomberg.

Marcus Aurelius
11-13-2012, 08:08 AM
If I were in LA, I would open up a hot dog cart on Mondays, right where the council meets.

aboutime
11-13-2012, 08:57 AM
I see Gabby has plenty of time on her hands to post now that Obama won. I am sure it is purely a coincidence. Of course given the sorry shape of the CA economy who can afford to buy meat in the first place to eat any day of the week; let alone on Monday?

red states rule. Ya know? Since I agree with you, and it is obvious how much time Gabby has on her Liberal, Obama hands now.

We should all AGREE with Gabby about everything. No negatives at all. And when we agree. Merely ask her to PROVE how truthful her statements are with Documentation, Verifiable, Proven Facts.

Wonder how long the Obama-ite would last. Being told to prove her lies?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-13-2012, 11:03 AM

No I don't eat Pork.

Maybe your friend should get himself a wife and stop having love sessions with his camel , or else learn to cook meat adequately.
How about a city that mandates pork is the only meat allowed to be eaten on Mondays?
How about a state that forces muslims to eat pork or else leave?
Both are good ideals and should go on the ballot. According to your reasoning both are ok to be tried.-Tyr

mundame
11-13-2012, 11:09 AM
The way you remove freedom is bits at a time. Things such as a law not to eat meat on mondays.

Sure. Like mandatory daylight savings time. It trains the people they have to submit to the government.

Like getting naked-searched in every airport. Hey, it's only people who fly, right? So no problem, right?

You may like a law. But why like it when it offends many others?

I think this is rather a deep point.

I suppose it's libertarianism, basically. I like it. Keep our laws off other people's preferences.

jafar00
11-13-2012, 03:26 PM
You are incapable of reading, or comprehending. So the least of your problems would be eating anything. Show me where I said anything about you not being able to come here to this forum.
Never mind. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID. Not even you.

Perhaps I should have added (to eat pork) in there to help you comprehend my answer.