PDA

View Full Version : What? ANOTHER BILL?

Doniston
05-27-2007, 12:01 PM
(not what you may think)

I was Listening to Bill Richardson this morning, and mostly, he and I think alike.

I would suggest he is presently the best of the Democratic side. I think I would vote for him. (I'm still looking for a good republican Candidate-- the ones I really like, aren't running ---------yet)

05-27-2007, 04:39 PM
I listened to him and ended up losing all respect for the man.

Doniston
05-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I listened to him and ended up losing all respect for the man. "Interesting"

05-27-2007, 05:25 PM
"Interesting"

He sounds just like any other Democrats. He was asked about his change of positions on Iraq and he completely dodged the question. I just don't see much difference at all between him and the other candidates.

Dilloduck
05-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Just another Clintonista. Blah ~

lily
05-27-2007, 09:44 PM
(not what you may think)

I was Listening to Bill Richardson this morning, and mostly, he and I think alike.

I would suggest he is presently the best of the Democratic side. I think I would vote for him. (I'm still looking for a good republican Candidate-- the ones I really like, aren't running ---------yet)

Was this on Meet the Press? I thought he did a terrible job. I really want to like the man, but after the debates where he looked more nervous and sweated worse than Nixon, makes me think he will not be good under pressure. Sorry, Russert nailed him. I think that's what I like best about his show. It goes for about 20-25 minutes before commercial, instead of the usual 10-15 and it puts them on the hot seat without the commercial time to regroup.

Abbey Marie
05-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Was this on Meet the Press? I thought he did a terrible job. I really want to like the man, but after the debates where he looked more nervous and sweated worse than Nixon, makes me think he will not be good under pressure. Sorry, Russert nailed him. I think that's what I like best about his show. It goes for about 20-25 minutes before commercial, instead of the usual 10-15 and it puts them on the hot seat without the commercial time to regroup.

Just curious- who do you see yourself voting for? :)

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 11:19 PM
(not what you may think)

I don't think he would make the Democratic ballot, although he would stand a better chance then Hilary or Obama.

05-27-2007, 11:33 PM

Yeah.. I heard his name argued as a possible white horse for the Democrats. After seeing that interview I dont think he could do better than Clinton or Oboama... And thats saying something coming from me.

lily
05-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Just curious- who do you see yourself voting for? :)

At this stage in the game, Abbey I honestly can't say. How can I put this? I believe in tradition. I don't start my Christmas shopping until after Thanksgiving. It's just too early to say. I'd like to say that I voted for the first women, but I honestly don't see me voting for Hillary. I'd like to say I voted for the first Black, but I don't see myself voting for Obama. I'd also like to say that I voted for an actual conservative, but Paul doesn't have a chance. Hunter is strong on enviorment, but that's about it. Trancredo is strong on immigration, but that's not my thing. I'm more concerned about the ports being secured. Edwards has my values and right now I'm leaning that way. Romney is just too slick.......so as you can see I'm open for someone to sway me. I haven't really been excited about a candidate since Anderson.

lily
05-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah.. I heard his name argued as a possible white horse for the Democrats. After seeing that interview I dont think he could do better than Clinton or Oboama... And thats saying something coming from me.

He may get the vice-president spot, but only for the Hispanic vote, which is a shame because he seems to have the credentials for a diplomat.

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 11:55 PM
He may get the vice-president spot, but only for the Hispanic vote, which is a shame because he seems to have the credentials for a diplomat.

He used to be a Diplomat..........

lily
05-28-2007, 12:02 AM
He used to be a Diplomat..........

Yes, I know....

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 12:12 AM
And he continues to be one of the best diplomats ever produced in this country. His interests in energy, war making, environment, economy, health care and political longevity are well known to many of us.

Yes, I know....

Bill is certainly no "Bill" but neither are any of the rest of the Democratic candidates.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 12:15 AM
And he continues to be one of the best diplomats ever produced in this country. His interests in energy, war making, environment, economy, health care and political longevity are well known to many of us.

Bill is certainly no "Bill" but neither are any of the rest of the Democratic candidates.

Your right none of them are no "Bill" they haven't had an internship scandal yet.

lily
05-28-2007, 12:21 AM

Yes, I have given him his due on diplomacy, but he doesn't do well under pressure. You have to have confidence in the person you are voting for. Also he made too many excuses in that interview. Sorry Psycho I don't have enough confidence in him to vote for him. When a Democrat takes office in 2008, they better snatch him up for a position, if they didn't already grab him for vice-president, but he;s not presidential material.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Bill Richardson is 1,000 times more qualified than the current CIC, lily.

Yes, I have given him his due on diplomacy, but he doesn't do well under pressure. You have to have confidence in the person you are voting for. Also he made too many excuses in that interview. Sorry Psycho I don't have enough confidence in him to vote for him. When a Democrat takes office in 2008, they better snatch him up for a position, if they didn't already grab him for vice-president, but he;s not presidential material.

Maybe I'm just looking at it from a different perspective. But, like you, I am also looking for a better Democratic candidate to come along. We may come to a time when we have to make a choice and that may not be the ideal one for us. In fact, I don't recall ever having an ideal candidate and I've been around presidential elections since 1968.

lily
05-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Bill Richardson is 1,000 times more qualified than the current CIC, lily.

I never said he wasn't qualified, he's just not electable.

Maybe I'm just looking at it from a different perspective. But, like you, I am also looking for a better Democratic candidate to come along. We may come to a time when we have to make a choice and that may not be the ideal one for us. In fact, I don't recall ever having an ideal candidate and I've been around presidential elections since 1968.

Like I said, I haven't been fired up about a candidate since Anderson.......what was that 1980?

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 12:41 AM
I dig it, lily, but I respectfully disagree with your electability analysis of BR.

I never said he wasn't qualified, he's just not electable.

Like I said, I haven't been fired up about a candidate since Anderson.......what was that 1980?

Even the credible closeness of the 2000 election told me plenty about the electability of any idiot that had the backing and the money to pull off even an American Presidential election. Sorry to be so cynical. I would much rather be optomistic.