PDA

View Full Version : Now that Obama is re-elected, FORWARD to the next step

Little-Acorn
11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/Foden20121112-Ask-Tell20121112055931.jpg

gabosaurus
11-13-2012, 05:24 PM
RSR just called. He wants his cartoon back. :cool:

aboutime
11-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Wait till GABBY learns the real meaning of "BARRACKWARD" in January. Gabby claims to be one of those FILTHY rich people.

We'll all see how that works out, come 2013.

Kathianne
11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Wait till GABBY learns the real meaning of "BARRACKWARD" in January. Gabby claims to be one of those FILTHY rich people.

We'll all see how that works out, come 2013.

$250k isn't 'filthy rich.' Not close.

aboutime
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Kathianne. I know it's not even close. But Obama always manages to NOT mention...how so many small business owners, or couples with growing families EARN...what totals up to...with Both the Husband, and Wife working....to over 250k per year.

He also never seems to mention those small business owners who are punished with his tax idea's...because they intend to make a profit, instead of breaking even. It's called Capitalism...and he's punishing ALL AMERICANS who do earn that much, or those Americans who would LIKE to earn that much. Telling them. IT'S BETTER TO FAIL IN AMERICA to keep your Idiot President happy, and Democrats holding the CHECK BOOK.

Kathianne
11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Kathianne. I know it's not even close. But Obama always manages to NOT mention...how so many small business owners, or couples with growing families EARN...what totals up to...with Both the Husband, and Wife working....to over 250k per year.

He also never seems to mention those small business owners who are punished with his tax idea's...because they intend to make a profit, instead of breaking even. It's called Capitalism...and he's punishing ALL AMERICANS who do earn that much, or those Americans who would LIKE to earn that much. Telling them. IT'S BETTER TO FAIL IN AMERICA to keep your Idiot President happy, and Democrats holding the CHECK BOOK.

I'm quite aware. Indeed, he's demonizing the engine of our train. It's not going to end pretty.

gabosaurus
11-14-2012, 04:57 PM

$250k is barely middle class in Southern California. We are pretty much the paupers of our neighborhood.

Kathianne
11-14-2012, 05:01 PM
$250k is barely middle class in Southern California. We are pretty much the paupers of our neighborhood.

Only if you're living in an area of $2million homes. Paupers, not. Not shedding any tears for those making over $60k, they really can curtail their spending. Below that? Depending on family size and whether or not one is self-employed, things go downhill, fast in this 'new and unsustainable' economy.

It truly is unsustainable. That which cannot be sustained, will not be.

Little-Acorn
11-14-2012, 05:05 PM

From the Democrat Handbook of Diversion and Deceit:

Definition of the different levels of "Rich":

"Rich": You have a job.
"Filthy Rich": You have two jobs.
"Obscenely Rich": You create jobs.

gabosaurus
11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Only if you're living in an area of $2million homes. Paupers, not. Not shedding any tears for those making over $60k, they really can curtail their spending. Below that? Depending on family size and whether or not one is self-employed, things go downhill, fast in this 'new and unsustainable' economy.

It truly is unsustainable. That which cannot be sustained, will not be.

Which is exactly why those making $60 million (as opposed to 60k) can afford to pay more taxes.

We don't live in an area of $2 million homes. Those are about a half-mile closer to the beach. Our home is only worth about half that.

tailfins
11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Which is exactly why those making $60 million (as opposed to 60k) can afford to pay more taxes.

We don't live in an area of $2 million homes. Those are about a half-mile closer to the beach. Our home is only worth about half that.

Soak the rich was Woodrow Wilson's plan in 1912 when the income tax was introduced and we see what proportion of the population pays an income tax 100 years later. Obama's soak the rich plan will have the same results.

Kathianne
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM

Which is why no tears shed. Here's my problem, Gabby, with your and my friends pronouncements, the government is not a solution, indeed more often a hindrance to addressing the issues you most want to. That was one thing Reagan and even Clinton, eventually, got right. Look at the Hurricane Sandy or Katrina for examples. They mean well, but...

Same with the poor. What are the causative issues? You do know, you write about them when in thinking mode. Homes, parents on drugs or just abusive, teen pregnancies, (going down, good). Those types of issues. Government can give 'free condoms, but that's already being done, there really wasn't a need for a seconding. Private groups are more likely to sit a girl or boy down and while giving a condom or not, speak about what is involved in a sustainable relationship. What is involved in STD's, etc. The government prints booklets and the schools hand them out. It's not enough and YOU know it's not enough.

I guess somehow you believe they'll get it 'better' if more money is spent. Don't think for a moment that Obama doesn't agree. He's not going to 'cut' anything but military. No, he plans to spend much more subsidizing 'experimental' sources of energy, which would be fine in flush times, but we're not. On top of that, if you haven't noticed his 'choice' of 'researchers' are companies that donated to his campaign, too many of which have already gone for bankruptcy after taking millions for the donors. That's really NOT how you planned on your 'donations' to be spent, was it?

gabosaurus
11-14-2012, 05:31 PM
It is all about investment and return. If you invest in private business, and give them an incentive to succeed, many of them will.
So why not invest in people?

Do you want to know the No. 1 reason why kids join gangs? Because they don't have anything better to do. Most of those kids are looking for structure and authority figures to look up to.
If you go to inner city schools, the kids who succeed are the ones given a chance to do such. They get involved in sports or academic or vocational programs. They receive training and leaderships skills.
You can keep cutting programs just to save money. People's lives are like businesses. It takes money to make money.
A lot of historians write about how successful the Reagan administration was. About how the standard of living improved. Reagan raised taxes 11 times. Each time was necessary because so many vital programs were underfunded.
If someone is need, they often need medication. And that doesn't come cheap.

mundame
11-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Do you want to know the No. 1 reason why kids join gangs?

That's easy --- because there's something seriously wrong with their parents.

Can't fix that; that's irremediable.

Kathianne
11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
It is all about investment and return. If you invest in private business, and give them an incentive to succeed, many of them will.
So why not invest in people?

Do you want to know the No. 1 reason why kids join gangs? Because they don't have anything better to do.(I disagree. Most kids that join gangs are looking for family, not out of boredom). Most of those kids are looking for structure and authority figures to look up to. (Now you are changing what you said the sentence before.)
If you go to inner city schools, the kids who succeed are the ones given a chance to do such. (Gabby, to do what such? Grammatically incorrect, but this sentence I'm responding to, doesn't fit in with what you wrote prior.) They get involved in sports or academic or vocational programs. They receive training and leaderships skills. (Ok, somewhere you dropped something earlier, I'm assuming a program that the government is giving money for. It's not in what you wrote, I'm 'ass'uming.)
You can keep cutting programs just to save money. People's lives are like businesses. It takes money to make money.
A lot of historians write about how successful the Reagan administration was. About how the standard of living improved. Reagan raised taxes 11 times. Each time was necessary because so many vital programs were underfunded. (I actually responded to your Reagan and 11 this morning, why no mention?) ;)
If someone is need, they often need medication. And that doesn't come cheap. (Huh? Right out of left field.)

Funny thing, you and I actually agree on a lot of points, I just want the most cost effective. I also believe in educating the recipients, not the kids, the parents.

Kathianne
11-14-2012, 05:39 PM
That's easy --- because there's something seriously wrong with their parents.

Can't fix that; that's irremediable.

However, one can find better substitutes than gangs. The government however, is not the solution.

aboutime
11-14-2012, 07:30 PM

Gabby. Living in California is YOUR problem. If you moved about 3000 miles East. Let's say. Near my neighborhood. That 250k would make you one of the Filthy Rich, living in a Gated community, with private security, and a limo driver in many cases.

California has no STANDARDS of living. Everything is so high. No wonder Brown needed tax hikes. Nobody can support themselves out there.

Kathianne
11-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Gabby. Living in California is YOUR problem. If you moved about 3000 miles East. Let's say. Near my neighborhood. That 250k would make you one of the Filthy Rich, living in a Gated community, with private security, and a limo driver in many cases.

California has no STANDARDS of living. Everything is so high. No wonder Brown needed tax hikes. Nobody can support themselves out there.

There is no where in the US that $250k is filthy rich. Even in North Dakota. Really.

aboutime
11-14-2012, 08:03 PM
There is no where in the US that $250k is filthy rich. Even in North Dakota. Really.

Kathianne. I can't disagree with you. Never been in the 250k category to know what the real definition is.

250k To me, and my wife would qualify as filthy rich. Mainly because, according to U.S. Standards. We are in the lower than middle income class. More like qualified as poor, but since we have nothing to compare it to. It's fine for us. Just above survival mode.

Kathianne
11-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Kathianne. I can't disagree with you. Never been in the 250k category to know what the real definition is.

250k To me, and my wife would qualify as filthy rich. Mainly because, according to U.S. Standards. We are in the lower than middle income class. More like qualified as poor, but since we have nothing to compare it to. It's fine for us. Just above survival mode.

Regardless of where one lives, $250k is at best, (given locale), upper middle class. Very nice home afford cleaning person, afford child care for school age and preschoolers. A $15k family vacation per year. Minimums met for 401k and other perks. Maybe $3k in savings, if don't have a 3rd child.

tailfins
11-14-2012, 08:11 PM

I have had good luck in New England. The trick is to balance the upward pressure on salaries in areas within commuting distance of Boston with the lower cost of living in places too far to commute to Boston. For example you can work 30 or 40 miles from Boston and live 60 miles from Boston for a 20-30 mile commute outside of the slow traffic zone. Look at housing costs in places like Manchester, NH, Waterbury, CT or Worcester, MA to see what I mean.

red states rule
11-17-2012, 10:56 AM
It is amazing how Obama was able to buyoff so many voters after they were told what would happen if Obama was re-elected. We have seen tens of thousands lose their jobs, thousands more have seen their full time status reduced to below 30 hours, a spike in bankruptcy filings, and store and business closings. As in Cool Hand Luke, what he had was a failure to communicate :laugh:

http://youtu.be/SnO9Jyz82Ps