PDA

View Full Version : Cat places third in Virginia Senate race

gabosaurus
11-13-2012, 06:49 PM
In the 2012 election for U.S. Senator from Virginia, Democrat Tim Kaine defeated Republican George Allen by a smart margin. I believe it was 20,000 votes.
What was more interesting was that a cat named Hank ran for the office and got 6,000 write-in votes. :laugh:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pets/Feline-candidate-plays-role-in-whisker-thin-VA-Senate-victory.html

mundame
11-13-2012, 06:55 PM
a cat named Hank ran for the office and got 6,000 write-in votes. :laugh:

Okay, good, that's another sign that people are bailing out of the Republic.

WEST Virginia ran an incarcerated Texas felon, IIRC, and didn't he actually win, or come in second?

It's not a good sign for the integrity of a nation when people start expressing their general disgust this way.

KarlMarx
11-13-2012, 09:38 PM
In the 2012 election for U.S. Senator from Virginia, Democrat Tim Kaine defeated Republican George Allen by a smart margin. I believe it was 20,000 votes.
What was more interesting was that a cat named Hank ran for the office and got 6,000 write-in votes. :laugh:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pets/Feline-candidate-plays-role-in-whisker-thin-VA-Senate-victory.html

And when Hank gets to the Senate his first act on behalf of the people of his state will be to bury Senator Reid in his litter box....

jimnyc
11-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Okay, good, that's another sign that people are bailing out of the Republic.

WEST Virginia ran an incarcerated Texas felon, IIRC, and didn't he actually win, or come in second?

It's not a good sign for the integrity of a nation when people start expressing their general disgust this way.

Goes to show how Obama got elected too, people don't vote for what is good for the country but rather with emotions, and other factors that really don't better our country. Integrity you say? LOL That, AND personal responsibility seem to have taken a vacation together.

aboutime
11-13-2012, 10:18 PM
And when Hank gets to the Senate his first act on behalf of the people of his state will be to bury Senator Reid in his litter box....

How will anybody be able to tell the difference between what the Cat deposits, and Harry Reid. "TURDS of a FEATHER, STINK together."

gabosaurus
11-14-2012, 12:47 AM
If the GOP had run a cat instead of Romney, they might have had a better chance.
An older white cat with a trust fund, of course. :rolleyes:

KarlMarx
11-14-2012, 07:30 AM
If the GOP had run a cat instead of Romney, they might have had a better chance.

Good idea, after all, the Democrats ran a skunk against Romney

aboutime
11-14-2012, 03:41 PM

Thanks again Gabby. As someone who claims to be the smartest person here. We never tire of your willingness to expose your ignorance, racism, bigotry, and just plain stupidity. Every time you post here.

mundame
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Good idea, after all, the Democrats ran a skunk against Romney

A skunk?

I'd say more of a black panther.

gabosaurus
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
A monkey? A skunk? A blank panther?
You guys gotta make up your minds!
Besides, it would follow in line with animals occupying the Oval Office.

http://www.seedsofdoubt.com/zendaba/images/bush-chimp-again.jpg

mundame
11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
We really, really need to stop electing presidents that look like monkeys.

gabosaurus
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
So we should bring back Slick Willy?

mundame
11-14-2012, 05:02 PM
So we should bring back Slick Willy?

Clinton?

It's true, he didn't look like a monkey, and he brought us peace and prosperity, so he's okay with me.

Well, except for that, ahem, lapse in the Oval Office.

tailfins
11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Clinton?

It's true, he didn't look like a monkey, and he brought us peace and prosperity, so he's okay with me.

Well, except for that, ahem, lapse in the Oval Office.

Don't kid yourself, Lewinsky was a smoke screen for selling our military secrets to the Chicoms for campaign money.

mundame
11-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Don't kid yourself, Lewinsky was a smoke screen for selling our military secrets to the Chicoms for campaign money.

Gore and the Buddhist nuns with the envelope?

That was odd.

gabosaurus
11-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't call it a "smoke screen." Smoke doesn't stain your clothes. :rolleyes: