PDA

View Full Version : World War Z - based on the novel

darin
11-14-2012, 06:20 AM
This might be THE Zombie Movie of all time. Looks Scary as heck - Finally zombies are super-human, fast, lethal.</SPAN>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk

Nukeman
11-14-2012, 07:18 AM
This might be THE Zombie Movie of all time. Looks Scary as heck - Finally zombies are super-human, fast, lethal.</SPAN>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-ukSeems to be taking a LOT of liberties with the book..... Have you read it yet??

darin
11-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Seems to be taking a LOT of liberties with the book..... Have you read it yet??

Am reading now. Am impressed with the movie's polish, and production value though :)

Noir
11-14-2012, 08:43 AM
What ever hppened to th idea that zombies were decying humans, rather than super-humans =/

Trigg
11-14-2012, 10:03 AM
In the book they're slow, can't climb and rot in warmer climats.

The follow-up is the zombie survival guide, also a fun read

mundame
11-14-2012, 11:12 AM
I am looking forward to it. Whoa, that flowing effect of people swarming like bees!

I'm a horror buff, but I have not yet seen either of the two great Romero ones!!!! I have them and I think I'll start this week.

If the book is good --- I'll put it on the Kindle app and try it.

Apparently it isn't going to be opening until next year sometime? I read that Brad Pitt and the director got on so badly that Pitt just about refused to cooperate (sulked in his trailer like....ahem....Achilles: hey, he DID know how to do that after making Troy!) and the movie had to have the whole second half remade, so that delayed it a lot.

mundame
11-14-2012, 11:17 AM
It opens June 21, 2013, Google says.

gabosaurus
11-14-2012, 11:44 AM
"World War Z" is a fascinating, very well written book. It's basis is a future historian looking back at a war pitting humans against zombies. It is a series of oral histories told by survivors. I totally recommend it.

As always, the movie will likely take only the basic premise of the book and use it. The movie looks good if it avoids being too melodramatic.

mundame
11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
I'll try reading it.

Zombies are an interesting metaphor (?). The idea is to have an enemy without being non-PC! A totally neutral enemy that isn't an ethnic group. Or outer-space aliens. It's even being used in disaster training now, I've read.

blarset
11-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Weird zombie shit... Hey Mun...where did your get your name?