PDA

View Full Version : The Dems have nothing and are disjointed

Yurt
05-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Its amazing to read crap like this. It is long bitch fest about Bush's handling of the war, but also a stark admission that the dems are disjointed and have no real solution. What I am seeing over and over is that dems are great at whining and saying how bad it is, but yet have nothing constructive to offer.

Bush's illusions and a war without end

Never mind how badly the war is going in Iraq. President George W. Bush has been swaggering around like a victorious general because he cowed a wobbly coalition of Democrats into dropping their attempt to impose a time limit on his disastrous misadventure.

By week's end, Bush was acting as though that bit of parliamentary strong-arming had left him free to ignore not just the Democrats, but also the vast majority of Americans, who want him to stop chasing illusions of victory and concentrate on how to stop the sacrifice of young Americans' lives.

And, ever faithful to his illusions, Bush was insisting that he was the only person who understood the true enemy.

There is no doubt that organized Islamist terrorism - call it Al Qaeda or by any other name - is a dire threat. There is also no doubt that terrorists entered Iraq - mostly after the war began.

We, too, believe that Iraq has to be made as stable as possible so the United States can withdraw its troops without unleashing even more chaos and destruction. But Bush is not doing that, and his version of reality only makes it more unlikely. The only solution lies with the Iraqi leaders, who have to stop their sectarian blood feud and make a real attempt to form a united government. That is their best chance to stabilize the country, allow the United States to withdraw and, yes, battle Al Qaeda.

The Democrats who called for imposing benchmarks for political progress on the Iraqis, combined with a withdrawal date for American soldiers, were trying to start that process. It's a shame they could not summon the will and discipline to keep going, but we hope they have not given up.

As disjointed as the Democrats have been, their approach makes far more sense than Bush's denial of Iraq's civil war and his war-without-end against terror.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/05/27/opinion/edwar.php

So even though they have no clue what they are talking about, it is better....

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Its amazing to read crap like this. It is long bitch fest about Bush's handling of the war, but also a stark admission that the dems are disjointed and have no real solution. What I am seeing over and over is that dems are great at whining and saying how bad it is, but yet have nothing constructive to offer.

So even though they have no clue what they are talking about, it is better....

:clap:

Doniston
05-27-2007, 01:50 PM

So even though they have no clue what they are talking about, it is better.... I really don't see why people like you can not see the truth. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. it is impossible.

Of course the Dems, or if you wish (anti-war people) have nosolution to the war. IT CAN NOT BE WON, so there is no solution possible. There is only a holding action which simply delays the inevitable, at the cost of many more lives.

diuretic
05-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Bush's tactic is clear. He's going to wait it out until he leaves office then whoever is the next president has the problem.

Yurt
05-27-2007, 05:02 PM
I really don't see why people like you can not see the truth. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. it is impossible.

Of course the Dems, or if you wish (anti-war people) have nosolution to the war. IT CAN NOT BE WON, so there is no solution possible. There is only a holding action which simply delays the inevitable, at the cost of many more lives.

And what do you know about sows and silk...

What truth Bugaboo :coffee:

IT CAN NOT BE WON, so there is no solution possible

You just proved my point.... Stick to sows and silk...

Yurt
05-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Bush's tactic is clear. He's going to wait it out until he leaves office then whoever is the next president has the problem.

?? Since this is a completely unprovable assertion, enjoy your soapbox... Oh, and go ahead and continue ingoring what Bush is doing "now"

Doniston
05-27-2007, 09:54 PM
And what do you know about sows and silk...

What truth Bugaboo :coffee:

You just proved my point.... Stick to sows and silk... Sorry but I can make no sense of your comments. please try again.

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I really don't see why people like you can not see the truth. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. it is impossible.

How can it not be won?

Doniston
05-28-2007, 11:35 AM
How can it not be won? To try to answer that would be like trying to prove a negative. like saying the bell didn't ring because I didn't hear it. The question might be "WHY" can't it be won. but that isn't what you asked. That answer would be rather long-winded.

Yurt
05-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Sorry but I can make no sense of your comments. please try again.

You're reading the wrong post, read mine not yours bugaboo...

lily
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
?? Since this is a completely unprovable assertion, enjoy your soapbox... Oh, and go ahead and continue ingoring what Bush is doing "now"

What is Bush doing now that he hasn't tried already, Yurt?

It's right there in your article:

We, too, believe that Iraq has to be made as stable as possible so the United States can withdraw its troops without unleashing even more chaos and destruction. But Bush is not doing that, and his version of reality only makes it more unlikely. The only solution lies with the Iraqi leaders, who have to stop their sectarian blood feud and make a real attempt to form a united government. That is their best chance to stabilize the country, allow the United States to withdraw and, yes, battle Al Qaeda.

We can want it to work until the cows come home. We can fight their battles for them, but until they want it, it's not going to happen. As I've said, this latest surge was supposse to be to stabalize Baghdad, so the parliment could actually do what they were elected to do, instead of filling their coffers, so in this time of transition what do they decide to do?

Cripes......it's been 4 years now.........just when are those Iraqis going to stand up? Would you if you didn't have to? It's time to take the training wheels off.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 11:15 PM
To try to answer that would be like trying to prove a negative. like saying the bell didn't ring because I didn't hear it. The question might be "WHY" can't it be won. but that isn't what you asked. That answer would be rather long-winded.

Will you ever answer a question someone asks you?

Yurt
05-29-2007, 07:46 PM
So thats it, just leave, right now....

What is Bush doing now that he hasn't tried already, Yurt?

It's right there in your article:

We can want it to work until the cows come home. We can fight their battles for them, but until they want it, it's not going to happen. As I've said, this latest surge was supposse to be to stabalize Baghdad, so the parliment could actually do what they were elected to do, instead of filling their coffers, so in this time of transition what do they decide to do?

Cripes......it's been 4 years now.........just when are those Iraqis going to stand up? Would you if you didn't have to? It's time to take the training wheels off.

Doniston
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
You're reading the wrong post, read mine not yours bugaboo... This one doesn't make sense either.

Doniston
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Will you ever answer a question someone asks you?iF it is answerable, OF course, I will.
the one you asked is unanswerable. would you like to try again???