PDA

View Full Version : Obama tells Republicans to 'go after me' on Libya

jimnyc
11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
President Obama, assuming a tough-talking tone, warned Republicans Wednesday to lay off U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice over her controversial Sept. 16 comments on the Libya consulate attack -- and at the same time opened his administration up to questions about why, if she "had nothing to do with Benghazi," the White House chose her to explain it to the public.

At issue is Rice's claim, on five Sunday shows five days after the attack, that the assault was "spontaneous."

Calling Rice an "easy target," Obama challenged Republican lawmakers during his press conference to "go after me" instead -- a challenge quickly picked up by Sen. Lindsey Graham. The South Carolina Republican fired back: "Mr President, don't think for one minute I don't hold you ultimately responsible for Benghazi. I think you failed as commander in chief before, during and after the attack."

The president's full-throated defense of Rice follows weeks of criticism from Republicans about Rice's TV appearances. In those interviews, she insisted the Benghazi attack was sparked by outrage over an anti-Islam film -- despite evidence that it was a coordinated terror attack.

Amid speculation that Rice could be tapped to succeed Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and others vowed to do "whatever is necessary" to block such a nomination.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/14/obama-challenges-republicans-hammering-rice-on-libya-to-go-after-me/

Little-Acorn
11-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Mr. Obama, They weren't going after Susan Rice. They would have asked the same question if you had picked anyone else who knew nothing about Benghazi, to explain it.

They weren't concerned about Susan Rice. They were concerned that you picked someone who knew nothing.

Now that we've cleared that up, Mr. Obama, would you please explain why you picked someone who had nothing to do with Benghazi, to explain it?

Oops, press conference is over. Sorry, folks, move along, nothing to see here.

aboutime
11-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Mr. Obama, They weren't going after Susan Rice. They would have asked the same question if you had picked anyone else who knew nothing about Benghazi, to explain it.

They weren't concerned about Susan Rice. They were concerned that you picked someone who knew nothing.

Now that we've cleared that up, Mr. Obama, would you please explain why you picked someone who had nothing to do with Benghazi, to explain it?

Oops, press conference is over. Sorry, folks, move along, nothing to see here.

Little-Acorn. The Pretender screwed-up today. He admitted that Rice was given her Instructions from the White House. And now. Obama is pretending AGAIN...to be the Big Guy, with crocodile tears...playing the SIR LANCELOT for Rice...while his ONE TRICK PONY has run out of QUARTERS for the next ride into Stupidity.