PDA

View Full Version : John Edwards is calling on people to protest the war on Memorial Day..

stephanie
05-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Speak Out in Public
On Memorial Day, get your friends, kids, co-workers, neighbors, aunts, uncles, grandfathers, grandmothers, and anyone and everyone you know together to show your support for the troops and end the war. Bring "Support the Troops! End the War!" signs. Invite any local speakers who you think share our message of patriotic responsibility.

Be sure to check with your local authority for any permits you need for public gatherings. Contact local media to publicize your event.

Make sure you conduct yourself respectfully-both for those serving in Iraq and the memory of the brave servicemen and women that Memorial Day honors.
http://www.supportthetroopsendthewar.com/create.php?t=1

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Speak Out in Public
On Memorial Day, get your friends, kids, co-workers, neighbors, aunts, uncles, grandfathers, grandmothers, and anyone and everyone you know together to show your support for the troops and end the war. Bring "Support the Troops! End the War!" signs. Invite any local speakers who you think share our message of patriotic responsibility.

Be sure to check with your local authority for any permits you need for public gatherings. Contact local media to publicize your event.

Make sure you conduct yourself respectfully-both for those serving in Iraq and the memory of the brave servicemen and women that Memorial Day honors.
http://www.supportthetroopsendthewar.com/create.php?t=1

Shameful. Celebrating the memory of service men and woman who have died by staging a protest? This guy is a disgrace. The irony of it is he voted for the war while he was a Senator!

Trigg
05-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Shameful. Celebrating the memory of service men and woman who have died by staging a protest? This guy is a disgrace. The irony of it is he voted for the war while he was a Senator!

I was going to write the same thing. This is not the weekend for a war protest. The weekend is about remembering the sacrifices made by our military personnel.

Abbey Marie
05-27-2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.revolutionarywebdesign.com/032203/images/x.shame.jpg

Kathianne
05-27-2007, 04:35 PM

Agreed, I feel the same about 'Memorial Day Sales', especially when they mention nothing about WHY the 'holiday.'

Hugh Lincoln
05-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I was going to write the same thing. This is not the weekend for a war protest. The weekend is about remembering the sacrifices made by our military personnel.

Agreed. Keep these separate. If you want to protest the war, fine --- try the weekend before or the weekend after. This weekend is MEMORIAL DAY weekend, for the MEMORY of soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

stephanie
05-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Edwards has become very slimy....

Seems he'll do anything for a Vote...

He makes me sick....

Yurt
05-27-2007, 05:49 PM

He makes me sick....

Absolutely. He has nothing else to offer except some controversy. This will sink his campaign, if he ever had one to begin with...

The guy is done. Plus if you really listen to him, he has no original ideas.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh, what a Piranah Party if there ever was one. The best way to protest a war is to go to the very people who are fighting in it. The majority of them now feel this war was a mistake and with all of the fumbling of the war effort by Chimpy & Company it's no small wonder. You have to really be incompetent to alienate the very people doing your bidding. General after general speaking out against the war as well as scandal after scandal concerning our troops and their welfare. Enough is enough.

Honor our fallen soldiers by not creating more fallen soldiers.

http://www.goodstorm.com/files/images/nyamerica-button-alt_0.preview.png

stephanie
05-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Edwards is a slimy loser...

He can go to hell...

:fu:

Hugh Lincoln
05-27-2007, 06:44 PM
The majority of them now feel this war was a mistake and with all of the fumbling of the war effort by Chimpy & Company it's no small wonder.

Perhaps, but I have this instinct that many of the people who claim to care about the soldiers really don't. Your average war protester, I sense, would just be using soldiers a la Forrest Gump. But I'd concede there are some "patriotic" types who also don't care about the soldiers...

Baron Von Esslingen
05-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Perhaps, but I have this instinct that many of the people who claim to care about the soldiers really don't. Your average war protester, I sense, would just be using soldiers a la Forrest Gump. But I'd concede there are some "patriotic" types who also don't care about the soldiers...

The actions of those who "supposedly" care about our troops speak much louder than their words. I'll fall in with the Edwards crowd long before I trust the Bush crowd to do right by our troops. Their track record sucks bigtime.

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 07:13 PM

He makes me sick....

He has become? He always has been slimy.:laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 07:14 PM
The actions of those who "supposedly" care about our troops speak much louder than their words. I'll fall in with the Edwards crowd long before I trust the Bush crowd to do right by our troops. Their track record sucks bigtime.

Once again the peanut gallery chimes in.

OCA
05-27-2007, 07:17 PM

What the hell are you still posting here for? Your credibility is about as good as Dan Rather's credibility, that is to say shot to shit...........coward.

Nobody friggin cares what you think.

OCA
05-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Once again the peanut gallery chimes in.

Exactly, this clown once denied that the Demo party takes advantage of Blacks and cares only about their vote instead of their wellbeing, he's a complete fucking ignoramus.

OCA
05-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Not my style, I like to be more out in the open with my disapproval.

Kathianne
05-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I agree with OCA, what was that about?

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I agree with OCA, what was that about?

What was what about?

Nukeman
05-27-2007, 07:29 PM

I'll sitck with my stand by when it come sto BVE

BVE is a jerk....BVE is a jerk....BVE is a jerk....BVE is a jerk....BVE is a jerk....
BVE is a jerk....BVE is a jerk....BVE is a jerk....BVE is a jerk....BVE is a jerk....

Nukeman
05-27-2007, 07:29 PM
And to think BVE neg repped me for this......

Kathianne
05-27-2007, 07:34 PM
What was what about?

The attempt to bandwagon neg rep. Why would you suggest that?

Nukeman
05-27-2007, 07:36 PM

I find this way much more fun!!!!!!!!!!!:poke::poke:

Yurt
05-27-2007, 07:54 PM
What the hell are you still posting here for? Your credibility is about as good as Dan Rather's credibility, that is to say shot to shit...........coward.

Dude, we should not try to get everyone we don't agree with off this site.

Yurt
05-27-2007, 07:56 PM

What "actions" by Edwards? You have nothing.

Yurt
05-27-2007, 07:58 PM

TBH, I thought this was the main thrust of Jim's goal with this board, to allow people to debate, no matter how stupid, unless they become like looosy.

Unless I missed something....

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 08:02 PM
TBH, I thought this was the main thrust of Jim's goal with this board, to allow people to debate, no matter how stupid, unless they become like looosy.

Unless I missed something....

He is getting like Looosy though. His comments are more like attacks then debates.

lily
05-27-2007, 09:32 PM

Well, all I had to do was read another thread. Here:

In his remarks, Edwards said the administration does not do enough to address financial hardships veterans currently face. He said he would call for a fixed budget stream for the VA system that would not fluctuate with annual budget allocations. In addition, Edwards said he would address financial concerns for military families dealing with child care while a parent is deployed overseas, educational and vocational support for troops returning from the battlefield, and a suspension of student loan obligations for returning troops until they are financially able.

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/

lily
05-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Dude, we should not try to get everyone we don't agree with off this site.

It seems that's the aim.

5stringJeff
05-27-2007, 09:55 PM
The attempt to bandwagon neg rep. Why would you suggest that?

(Kathianne, this is not aimed at you.)

Abuse of the reputation system through bandwagoning will not be tolerated. Please feel free to give out reputation as you see fit. Please refrain from posting things like 'let's all neg rep this person since he/she is clearly wrong/stupid.' Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 12:38 AM

Coming from the debate dodger of the board (the Face, if you will) you are nothing more than a clown. It's obvious that you cannot debate a topic without descending into your little childish rants and personal attacks. No wonder you no longer have an official position here.

The exact same thing has been said about you for quite some time now, gutter dweller.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Exactly, this clown once denied that the Demo party takes advantage of Blacks and cares only about their vote instead of their wellbeing, he's a complete fucking ignoramus.

You are so correct in your brilliant analysis that millions of blacks have registered as Republicans once they read your screed. I mean, it has shifted the balance of power and made the GOP the majority party, hasn't it?

If your line of shit was true the previous statement would be true as well. Just goes to prove what a total liar and bottom feeder you are. Get a life, punk.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 12:46 AM

BVE is the coolest guy I know....BVE is the coolest guy I know....BVE is the coolest guy I know....
BVE is the coolest guy I know....BVE is the coolest guy I know....BVE is the coolest guy I know....

FIXED!

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 12:50 AM
He is getting like Looosy though. His comments are mor like attacks then debates.

From the champion of the "me, too" posts with :clap::clap: galore, you have a lot of room to talk. Still nothing from the right about Edwards' stand. Just more of the Piranah Party...

Truly pathetic.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 12:53 AM
And to think BVE neg repped me for this......

Returning the favor of a neg rep really gets to you, doesn't it?

You should try staying on topic as well, if that's not too much to ask.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 12:57 AM

The "actions" I made reference to were of this administration, not Mr Edwards. There is plenty of ugliness to go around in the conduct of this crowd, as it pertains to our troops, that is sadly lacking.

The best way to honor our troops is to keep any more of them from being killed in a sectarian war that we no longer have a horse in. Bring them home.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 01:58 AM
I have nightmares about the fall of Siagon in 1975. I have more nightmares about all of our TROOPS that died and were injured. I have more nightmares about those that would take us right back there for another no good reason.

The "actions" I made reference to were of this administration, not Mr Edwards. There is plenty of ugliness to go around in the conduct of this crowd, as it pertains to our troops, that is sadly lacking.

The best way to honor our troops is to keep any more of them from being killed in a sectarian war that we no longer have a horse in. Bring them home.

You will probably read about my nightmares about this war in a posthumous rendition of mine and others attitudes and writings pertaining to unjustified killing and maiming all in the obscured names of power and security.

The history of this war ain't gonna be pretty. This one can't be glossed over like Viet Nam has been.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 02:03 AM
I have nightmares about the fall of Siagon in 1975. I have more nightmares about all of our TROOPS that died and were injured. I have more nightmares about those that would take us right back there for another no good reason.

You will probably read about my nightmares about this war in a posthumous rendition of mine and others attitudes and writings pertaining to unjustified killing and maiming all in the obscured names of power and security.

The history of this war ain't gonna be pretty. This one can't be glossed over like Viet Nam has been.

Viet Nam has not been glossed over.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 02:12 AM

But the lessons of Viet Nam have been forgotten and every mistake that LBJ and Nixon made is being repeated before our very eyes by the CIC, the Chickenhawk in Chief.

George Santayana:
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

George Wilhelm Hegel:
What experience and history teach is this -- that people and governments never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 02:19 AM
You have no clue.

And I can't educate you on the topic. That is what is totally sad about WAR.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 03:33 AM
Which is exactly why we have to stop this war now and bring our troops home. They do not deserve this.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 03:36 AM
Which is exactly why we have to stop this war now and bring our troops home. They do not deserve this.

They dont deserve you guys saying weve lost the war and not supporting them.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 03:55 AM

YOU said we were not supporting them and that, of course, is your standard Republican lie. This war, which was supposed to be ovor some 1800 days ago when the Mission Accomplished banner was unfurled, has gone on longer than WW2 and with much less success. Somehow I seriously doubt that my posting a comment on an internet forum that the war is unwinnable seriously affects the war itself. But you can believe that I have that much power to affect the war if you really want to. I won't stop you.

This has turned into a war without end. The Iraqis won't stand up because it will mean that they take the casualties. Why bother when the Americans are still around to do that for them? Why bother splitting oil revenue with the Sunni? The Americans haven't made them do that yet either and the money keeps rolling into Shia/Iraqi govt coffers. Why stop the violence? The more Sunni that can be slaughtered under our watchful eye means fewer to kill later. Who's side are you on in this war, Nevada? The Shia, the Sunni, or the Kurds? How will you end the bloodshed if you could?

My solution is simple: withdraw the troops. Once the Iraqis see how ugly killing each other is with no Americans in sight, they will either commit genocide upon themselves or they will quit. Either way, it's not our war and hasn't been for a few years now. There is no winning or losing anymore. It's just dieing or surviving. I choose the latter.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 04:08 AM
Can you say that again, BVE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Never mind, I'll say it for you. Read this quote!!!!!!!!

YOU said we were not supporting them and that, of course, is your standard Republican lie. This war, which was supposed to be ovor some 1800 days ago when the Mission Accomplished banner was unfurled, has gone on longer than WW2 and with much less success. Somehow I seriously doubt that my posting a comment on an internet forum that the war is unwinnable seriously affects the war itself. But you can believe that I have that much power to affect the war if you really want to. I won't stop you.

This has turned into a war without end. The Iraqis won't stand up because it will mean that they take the casualties. Why bother when the Americans are still around to do that for them? Why bother splitting oil revenue with the Sunni? The Americans haven't made them do that yet either and the money keeps rolling into Shia/Iraqi govt coffers. Why stop the violence? The more Sunni that can be slaughtered under our watchful eye means fewer to kill later. Who's side are you on in this war, Nevada? The Shia, the Sunni, or the Kurds? How will you end the bloodshed if you could?

My solution is simple: withdraw the troops. Once the Iraqis see how ugly killing each other is with no Americans in sight, they will either commit genocide upon themselves or they will quit. Either way, it's not our war and hasn't been for a few years now. There is no winning or losing anymore. It's just dieing or surviving. I choose the latter.

It ain't perfect and it ain't what you might have been looking for but it is certainly the truth.

stephanie
05-28-2007, 04:10 AM

:clap:

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 04:13 AM
:clap:

Thanks.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks.

Try answering the questions I posed without using your hand clapping emoticon. That is if you are capable.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Try answering the questions I posed without using your hand clapping emoticon. That is if you are capable.

Hey stupid Steph used the hand clap icon, and dont tell people what to do, like anyone will listen to your ignorant worthless ass.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey stupid Steph used the hand clap icon, and dont tell people what to do, like anyone will listen to your ignorant worthless ass.

I know what "stupid Steph" did. I was directing the response to you. Half your posts are hand claps but I guess it makes it easy to dodge the questions posed to you.

:clap::clap: = easier than thinking

stephanie
05-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I know what "stupid Steph" did. I was directing the response to you. Half your posts are hand claps but I guess it makes it easy to dodge the questions posed to you.

:clap::clap: = easier than thinking

Hey....both of you, leave me out of your stupid posts....