PDA

View Full Version : Gunstore owner bans obama voters from buying weapons in his store.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-17-2012, 06:02 PM
http://now.msn.com/cope-reynolds-bans-obama-voters-from-his-gun-store

Gun store owner bans Obama voters from setting foot inside his store14 hrs ago
Residents of Pinetop, Ariz., who voted for Barack Obama in this year's election, don't bother going to Southwest Shooting Authority for all your firearm needs. You're not welcome there. Owner Cope Reynolds has taken out a full-page ad in the White Mountain Independent telling Obama voters that their business is "not welcome" in his store. The ad reads: "If you voted for Obama, your money is no good here. You have proven beyond a doubt that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm." So touchy. We think Reynolds should take a cue from his first name and learn to
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His store, his property , his right! He has a point too. They are too stupid to be allowed to buy guns.. Let them go somewhere else and I agree with the man. Worthless, ignorant liberal and blinded scum deserve no better treatment.. -Tyr

jafar00
11-17-2012, 06:16 PM
The election is over. Obama won. Deal with it.

The more I hear about these childish temper tantrums, the more I am relieved that Romney lost.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-17-2012, 06:25 PM

The more I hear about these childish temper tantrums, the more I am relieved that Romney lost.

Why are you such a big obama supporter, you live in Australia. When most of the rest of the world wants a guy to be our president we all should know its never in our best interests for the guy to be our president. When you are number one everybody wants you knocked down a few pegs, thats why the world favors obama, he is doing the knocking.
Why are you relieved??? Other than the fact that obama favors muslims...-Tyr

jimnyc
11-17-2012, 06:27 PM

Why, would it had made a difference what a private business owner did if Romney had won? This is a private business and he made a decision. If he loses business it's his own fault. But I really don't see how this is a "tantrum" or how the election would have changed how people ran their business. Childish maybe, but I don't see it as a tantrum. And even though it may be childish, if he can afford to make this decision, it's certainly his right to do so.

aboutime
11-17-2012, 08:15 PM

jafar. Reality is. Nobody here gives a crap about you, or whether you are relieved. You had nothing to do with the election anyhow.

And, like millions of Obama voters who made the same mistake twice. Like you. They had no idea what they were doing either.

Robert A Whit
11-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Why, would it had made a difference what a private business owner did if Romney had won? This is a private business and he made a decision. If he loses business it's his own fault. But I really don't see how this is a "tantrum" or how the election would have changed how people ran their business. Childish maybe, but I don't see it as a tantrum. And even though it may be childish, if he can afford to make this decision, it's certainly his right to do so.

I wonder if he can hold out for 4 years?

Some ignorant pus buckets don't understand what a danger that man is to the USA.

Nell's Room
11-17-2012, 11:31 PM
What a fool. Just go in and pretend to be a die hard Romney voter. Easy.

logroller
11-18-2012, 01:55 AM
http://now.msn.com/cope-reynolds-bans-obama-voters-from-his-gun-store

Gun store owner bans Obama voters from setting foot inside his store

14 hrs ago
Residents of Pinetop, Ariz., who voted for Barack Obama in this year's election, don't bother going to Southwest Shooting Authority for all your firearm needs. You're not welcome there. Owner Cope Reynolds has taken out a full-page ad in the White Mountain Independent telling Obama voters that their business is "not welcome" in his store. The ad reads: "If you voted for Obama, your money is no good here. You have proven beyond a doubt that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm." So touchy. We think Reynolds should take a cue from his first name and learn to
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His store, his property , his right! He has a point too. They are too stupid to be allowed to buy guns.. Let them go somewhere else and I agree with the man. Worthless, ignorant liberal and blinded scum deserve no better treatment.. -Tyr
I'm pretty sure one's vote is private information and you cannot compel them to reveal it. Makes a good headline though. I wonder if he'll be so smug when the ATF revokes his permit.

Kathianne
11-18-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm just sort of the mindset that the store owner can't 'read' whom folks voted for.

CSM
11-19-2012, 08:32 AM

Aw c'mon Jafar. I seriously doubt that you harbor that same philosophy in reality. "The Israellis won, the Palestinians (and Egyptians, Syrians, Jordanians etc) lost; deal with it."

Folks, just so ya know, I do not think Jafar is a terrorist or terrorist sympathiser. Jafar, just so ya know, I don't think you realize sometimes how partisan some of your posts sound.

aboutime
11-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Aw c'mon Jafar. I seriously doubt that you harbor that same philosophy in reality. "The Israellis won, the Palestinians (and Egyptians, Syrians, Jordanians etc) lost; deal with it."

Folks, just so ya know, I do not think Jafar is a terrorist or terrorist sympathiser. Jafar, just so ya know, I don't think you realize sometimes how partisan some of your posts sound.

CSM. Keep in mind, when talking about jafar. Many people had the very same kinds of things to say about someone we knew who was killed in Pakistan in 2011. His name was OBL.

He was a rich Saudi, who was highly educated right here in the USA.

And we all know how he turned out.

jafar00
11-20-2012, 05:15 AM

So, the election wasn't actually an election, but a war between Democrat and Republican?

CSM
11-20-2012, 06:29 AM
So, the election wasn't actually an election, but a war between Democrat and Republican?

Nice try but that won't work. You know what the intent of that post was so trying to drag it down some rabbit hole is something I will not engage in. We all know that folks just don't change their beliefs because one side or another won an election. They don't "just get over it" and they won't until some compromise between ideologies is reached. I also believe that what the Palestinians are engaged in right now is a bit more than a "childish temper tantrum". The point is, telling people to "just get over it" is about as immature as it gets. You, personally, will not "get over" your preceived assault on your core beliefs as expressed on this board, nor will those posters in opposition to your stance "just get over it" either. In our two party system, there are many on both sides who hold strong beliefs ... they won't "just get over it" either but then you knew that. By the way, when one says "just get over it" they are (IMO) telling others to "just surrender/accept" which would be very convenient for the "winner" as then they no longer have to deal with any opposition/confrontation. Fortunately or unfortunately, humans are not built that way.

Noir
11-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Great publicity stunt, but nothing more than that.

fj1200
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Great publicity stunt, but nothing more than that.

At least it's unlikely to make his insurance company nervous (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?32674-Florida-firm-offers-free-AK-47s-to-new-customers).

BettyW
04-24-2013, 03:14 AM
I don't think it would be the best for all to ban Obama voters in a store like this. What a childish idea! No one should be blamed for the Obama's re-election. Also, this isn't a good business practice. But still many people continuously hate Obama voters. Same with a property manager in Colorado is promising an Obama-voters-rent hike. Whether or not he's serious remains to be seen, but numerous reports of backlashes against the election and anybody who affected it are coming out.

Have a review on this internet page! bettywhite600@yahoo.com

What do you think? :D

Voted4Reagan
04-24-2013, 04:55 AM
wow.... what a NECRO

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2013, 07:49 AM
What a childish idea! No one should be blamed for the Obama's re-election.

???.....why not?......if I knew someone stupid enough to vote for him I would be reminding him every week.....

jimnyc
04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
I don't think it would be the best for all to ban Obama voters in a store like this. What a childish idea! No one should be blamed for the Obama's re-election. Also, this isn't a good business practice. But still many people continuously hate Obama voters. Same with a property manager in Colorado is promising an Obama-voters-rent hike. Whether or not he's serious remains to be seen, but numerous reports of backlashes against the election and anybody who affected it are coming out.

Hello, Betty!

I don't think the others were aware that you were simply making 5 posts as fast as possible, because until you have 5 posts you are not allowed to post links, so we can avoid spammers.

Anyhow, I looked over your review page, very cool! I think it would be better if you handled it directly though, so I hope you don't mind that I changed your spamming link to your email address? :)

aboutime
04-24-2013, 01:13 PM

BettyW. There are more than FIFTY million Americans who still brag about voting for Obama twice. And I blame them for his re-election. If someone doesn't like such a business practice, based on the Constitutional freedoms by the business owner. They can go somewhere else to make their purchases.
The FIRST Amendment to the Constitution gives the owner of that business the authority to do whatever he wants with his business as long as he is not violating anyone else's rights.
NOBODY has a right to determine WHO becomes a customer. Not Obama, and Not Congress. Which the SCOTUS determined about Americans being forced to purchase OBAMACARE. And called it a Tax.

Drummond
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM

I've seen the 'banned' status you hold as of right now, Betty. Even so, I want to reply.

My view ... that store ban on Obama voters was nothing less than apt. For one thing, those who think that gun curbs are the 'right' way to go, should really get a taste of their own medicine, when it comes to having someone with the means to arrange it to inflict controls over them that THEY might not like.

But, for another .. you talk about its not being 'good business practice'. Well, if more stringent gun controls are somehow applied, wouldn't THAT have its damaging effect on this individual's business, when he finds the act of selling his wares made substantially more difficult ???

Blame for Obama's re-election rests squarely with those who voted for him !!!! What could be more obvious ?? OK, if Obama had just started his FIRST term, you could say that those voting for him only had his hype to judge him on. But, Betty, this is Obama's SECOND term, and he already has an instructive track record.

So, no. Blame is appropriate, and definitely due. Those to blame don't just drag themselves down to whatever fate Obama has in store ... they lumber everyone else with the same outcome.

For that, they richly DESERVE their share of blame.

Marcus Aurelius
04-24-2013, 04:21 PM
I wasn't going to comment as this is an old and useless thread. However, I couldn't help myself...lol.

Being an Obama supporter, while proof of vast stupidity, is not a 'protected class' in this country. Therefore, the store owner is within his rights not to sell to them.

red states rule
04-24-2013, 04:38 PM

Why not - make them suffer right along with the rest of us

In 2008 many people voted for Obama to prove they were not racist

in 2012 people voted for Obama to prove they are idiots

Robert A Whit
04-24-2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by BettyW http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=633633#post633633)

Why not - make them suffer right along with the rest of us

In 2008 many people voted for Obama to prove they were not racist

in 2012 people voted for Obama to prove they are idiots

She made a couple of posts but her name has a word ... Banned beneath it.

Makes me curious as to why a brand new poster has that word under her name.

Clearly if she is banned, she has no way to respond.

Marcus Aurelius
04-24-2013, 05:13 PM
She got banned. Easy enough to figure out.

aboutime
04-24-2013, 06:23 PM
She got banned. Easy enough to figure out.

Marcus. Another "Hello, McFly" moment.

http://youtu.be/7_sA9bmJrW0

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2013, 08:55 AM

the explanation is only a few posts up.....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2013, 09:27 AM

Apparently she is a spammer advertising something. So Jim rightly banned her.
She/he(?) was too dumb to use the moniker Betty White and give us great cake recipes I suppose..:laugh:

My wife makes the best German chocolate cake I have ever pigged out on! Occasionally she reads on here to see if I really brag about her as much as I tell her I do. Then she sees my complaints about all the money sent to her family in the Philippines and I'm in the doghouse for a couple hours, brief as it may be it is still annoying.
So I ask her to make me that fantastic cake to soothe my bruised and shattered ego(I'm so fragile).- ;)--Tyr

logroller
04-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Apparently she is a spammer advertising something. So Jim rightly banned her.
She/he(?) was too dumb to use the moniker Betty White and give us great cake recipes I suppose..:laugh:

My wife makes the best German chocolate cake I have ever pigged out on! Occasionally she reads on here to see if I really brag about her as much as I tell her I do. Then she sees my complaints about all the money sent to her family in the Philippines and I'm in the doghouse for a couple hours, brief as it may be it is still annoying.
So I ask her to make me that fantastic cake to soothe my bruised and shattered ego(I'm so fragile).- ;)--Tyr
Sounds like a brilliant rouse to get her to make a cake. :clap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Sounds like a brilliant rouse to get her to make a cake. :clap:

Works too. ;)----:beer:

Good thing she doesn't think in such devious terms like we men often do.;)--Tyr

jimnyc
04-25-2013, 07:14 PM

Robert, "she" came here and made a quick 5 nonsensical posts, as one is not allowed to post a link until they have 5 posts under their belt. As soon as she made her 5th, she made the above post, but instead of where you see the email address at Yahoo, formerly it was a spam link to some shitty site trying to get reviews or something.

When someone gets banned, that word automatically goes there. Otherwise I believe the defaults are junior and senior member.

Robert A Whit
04-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Robert, "she" came here and made a quick 5 nonsensical posts, as one is not allowed to post a link until they have 5 posts under their belt. As soon as she made her 5th, she made the above post, but instead of where you see the email address at Yahoo, formerly it was a spam link to some shitty site trying to get reviews or something.

When someone gets banned, that word automatically goes there. Otherwise I believe the defaults are junior and senior member.

I saw where you modified her link. But had thought till seeing the word banned, she was going to keep posting. When you removed the spam, it caused my confusion. I did not realize one can be banned that fast.

Now I know how that works. I appreciate the explanation.

jimnyc
04-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I saw where you modified her link. But had thought till seeing the word banned, she was going to keep posting. When you removed the spam, it caused my confusion. I did not realize one can be banned that fast.

Now I know how that works. I appreciate the explanation.

Generally a ban is pretty hard to achieve, unless you're a spammer, which is a one and out deal. Or if your name is 'Psychoblues', then being banned was like chewing bubble gum.