PDA

View Full Version : CSPAN features Robert Greifeld on how to fix this mess

Robert A Whit
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I am watching this live this Monday AM and I doubt this is on CSPAN just yet. I assume that today this will be on the CSPAN video library.

Robert Greifeld is talking plain sense. He is the CEO of Nasdaq-OMX and Brookings got him to speak.

A point he made several times is that small business has no access to capital. He says that the commercial market has NEVER supplied them with capital. While banks can supply owners with a line of credit, it made no sense to me. But I do know that if you want to open your own business, most of the time you use your own savings and perhaps funds from family or friends or you get some cash via partnerships. Partnerships trouble me since it is super hard to find a decent partner.

He says when you have money off shore, that it is very difficult to get it back to the USA due to excessive taxes.

I suggest some of you discuss this and when you can, please watch the CSPAN video.

fj1200
11-19-2012, 02:29 PM
I'd be worried if Brookings got him to speak. But taxes have an impact on savings and investment? Not exactly a news flash.