PDA

View Full Version : Why taxing the rich won't work

Robert A Whit
11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Let's compare the Feds tax demands currently on the rich.

We all realize that the rich pay for almost all of what the Feds do other than social security and medicare.

I mean of course for the running of Government. Paying for national defense, etc.

Many of us have seen the math proving that the taxes Obama want could only run the government for around 8 days.

And if he took not only the the taxes he wants, but the entire income from the rich, it would pick up a few more days.

The main point is it will not remotely come close to fixing anything.

The Goverment is a massive spender. They won't talk very much about cutting spending.

Want a shock?

Go back to the final year of Bill Clinton.

Bill spent I believe about 1.8 trillion dollars.

Why won't that work again?

Democrats brag all day long that he caused a good economy.

We all know that democrats love lying so discount that he caused the economy, but he did play an active part in spenging a mere 1.8 trillion dollars and he got a lot for that money.

Obama does not want to spend 1.8 trillion dollars.

He spends something in area of 3.4 trillion.

But does he point the finger at spending?

We all know he does not. He wags his finger at those greedy sons of Bchs, the Rich. They are the problem according to him.

Their payment of over 90 percent of all taxes used to keep government running and growing mean they are greedy according to Obama.

If he could tax the rich more and solve the problem, I think he could get support.

In general the money of people such as Oprah Winfrey never finds it's way into my area, so if the Feds can rip her off, I can see why some would want that to happen.

But if we couild look at the tax return of Winfrey, I suspect she pays a couple hundred million dollars in taxes. But she is the type that Obama calls greedy and not deserving of their current tax rates.

I don't get it.

Do any of you get it?