PDA

View Full Version : Government help - blaming Bush

fj1200
11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
And they still blame Bush as apparently 50% do, according to exit polls, according to Rush.

Little-Acorn
11-19-2012, 04:01 PM
And they still blame Bush as apparently 50% do, according to exit polls, according to Rush.

Any comment on the subject of the thread? (why govt should or should not "help us"?)

gabosaurus
11-19-2012, 04:12 PM

There is a very good reason why people blame Bush for much of the current mess we are in.

fj1200
11-19-2012, 04:15 PM
There is a very good reason why people blame Bush for much of the current mess we are in.

Why would that be?

gabosaurus
11-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Why would that be?

Bush was so preoccupied with his war, he left Wall Street and big business totally unwatched and unregulated. When someone tried to apply the brakes to the carnage, banks and businesses went into a free fall.
If someone is shot during one administration and dies during the next, who is responsible?

Kathianne
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Bush was so preoccupied with his war, he left Wall Street and big business totally unwatched and unregulated. When someone tried to apply the brakes to the carnage, banks and businesses went into a free fall.
If someone is shot during one administration and dies during the next, who is responsible?

Wherever his attention, he was not the one that would be watching or regulating Wall Street, you do know that, right?

Marcus Aurelius
11-19-2012, 04:26 PM

That would be that it absolves Obama of any responsibility or of the need to take any corrective action.

tailfins
11-19-2012, 04:32 PM

That all depends if someone in the second administration tried to "cure" the patient with leeches.

fj1200
11-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Did you miss when Bush wanted to tighten regulations on FNMA and FHLMC but was rebuffed by Democrats and Bennett from Utah? Are you ignoring that it was Democrats who cheerleaded the repeal of Glass-Steagall (not that I blame GS though). Do you not want to recognize that Democrats had taken control of Congress in January of '07 and weren't about to let Bush do anything on his own? Do you have any idea how massively regulated Wall Street and Big Business are in this country and calling them "unwatched" is utterly ignorant? Did Bush have control over mark-to-market rules?

Any more talking points? ;)

Robert A Whit
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I guess if there were some stats to go with your comments then it would help your analysis but with 50% still just blaming Bush, that fulfills the "voter ignorance" section quite well. Also why government should or should not help us speaks to whether Romney was an effective candidate or not. Which goes to my point that we didn't have an effective educator explaining his positions to the great unwashed.

EDIT:

Oh, and government should not due to moral hazard.

When Obama first ran for office, his tactic was the mumbo jumbo called hope and change.

I pressed every democrat poster to explain Obama's views and they never could. It was hope and change.

I feel Romney tried the same thing but this time it did not work.

Romney had a plan and it was posted by him.

But for some reason, he as did Obama also did, just not lay it out clearly.

But since Obama was the incumbent and the election proves that this nation is still biased and still listens to the media, Obama managed to win.

Obama still was hurt by his tactics since he lost 9 million voters over what he had the last time.

A lot of voters got off the Obama bandwagon.

And he is still preaching to all of us that if the evil rich would only do as king Obama orders them.

The public is just that stupid.

Obama taught me two times that lying DOES pay.

jimnyc
11-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Posts split from original thread at OP's request. I don't want to get into a habit of splitting off topic posts, as we might end up doing so in every thread, but honored this request...

Little-Acorn
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Posts split from original thread at OP's request. I don't want to get into a habit of splitting off topic posts, as we might end up doing so in every thread, but honored this request...

Thank you, Jim. I didn't want to see posts simply deleted or otherwise "censored" (although on a private board like this it is not censorship at all). Putting them in their own separate thread like this, is a much better idea, so that people can still read and discuss them all they want, without diverting the discussion of the original thread's topic.

aboutime
11-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Here's a sample of that Government help. See how many will blame BUSH for this.

http://youtu.be/DL-a-r7iJIU

Robert A Whit
11-19-2012, 05:19 PM

That is not true. The Generals and Admirals get paid a lot of money to be the professionals running wars. Bush simply turned them loose.

Bush added to regulations. Bear in mind those regulations he signed into law due to what Enron did as well as the rest that one might, using your theory, blame on Clinton who did not restrain Enron or a lot of others.

I don't think like you so I don't blame Clinton either for the regulations that let Enron and others cause so much damage. But you Bush blamers just can't try to learn how it really does work.

Who tried to stop the problem well ahead of the crash?

Bush tried.

Who blocked Bush?

Democrats blocked Bush.

To this day, I see no posts by you blaming Obama for the failures of his administration.

Obama came to change. But thus far what he changed has not solved the real problem.

The Government unemployment figures are very skewed to ignore tens of millions who but for the poor economy would love to have a job. They got so broke and lost so much they can't afford to go find a job. There are millions of unemployed who simply can't afford fuel costs and thus can't afford to locate a job given they spent all they had just trying to find a job.

Their reward for being broke is to be removed from the Fed unemployed list.

Obama could have tried to get fuel costs back down to a proper amount but he enjoys the high cost of fuels. This of course means that not only you must pay more for fuel, so does the military. I see little evidence that Obama lost a thirst for war. We have men dying daily but the Obama media decided once Bush was out of office, they did not have to make it an issue.

What a break that the media put it on ignore. The war was not even debated.

I fault Romney for not priomising to end wars.

He sure did not do more than back Obama's wars.

Robert A Whit
11-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Did you miss when Bush wanted to tighten regulations on FNMA and FHLMC but was rebuffed by Democrats and Bennett from Utah? Are you ignoring that it was Democrats who cheerleaded the repeal of Glass-Steagall (not that I blame GS though). Do you not want to recognize that Democrats had taken control of Congress in January of '07 and weren't about to let Bush do anything on his own? Do you have any idea how massively regulated Wall Street and Big Business are in this country and calling them "unwatched" is utterly ignorant? Did Bush have control over mark-to-market rules?

Any more talking points? ;)

You and I have argued I believe over Mark to Market rules.

What would you have done?

And who do you blame for Mark To Market rules?

fj1200
11-19-2012, 06:18 PM
You and I have argued I believe over Mark to Market rules.

What would you have done?

And who do you blame for Mark To Market rules?

We have? I don't recall your position on the issue.

What would I have done when? Certainly relax mtm much sooner and it's a FASB rule although I think the Fed and SEC have some say in how its implemented.