PDA

View Full Version : Strategy

Kathianne
11-21-2012, 01:46 PM
A Bushism now and then, is a good thing. ;)

Just saw this, much truth in it:

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/presidential-campaign/268953-gop-ignores-low-information-voters-at-their-peril

GOP ignores low-information voters at their peril
By Amelia Chassé, vice president, Hynes Communications - 11/20/12 03:45

...The wisdom of urging everyone and anyone – regardless of how disinterested or ill-informed they are – to vote for voting’s sake could reasonably be disputed, but the reality is that Republicans have bought in wholesale to the ‘Rock the Vote’ movement along with their counterparts on the left. Agree with it or not, this movement has created a statistically significant rise in low-information voters turning out on Election Day.

Most in the chattering class believed turnout for these voters reached its height in 2008, but with four solid years of seeking out, registering, and turning out new voters, turnout actually rose in nine key swing states in 2012.

Low-information voters trend younger and are more likely to be unmarried. They typically remain at least nominally ‘undecided’ until the bitter end, and generally do not read or watch extensive political or news coverage. They may care about economic issues in theory, but the tax rate doesn’t impact their day-to-day existence.

One thing I noticed when blog reading, lots of stories about not only Obama & Family, but the Clintons, even Rahm Emanuel's doings. The dems seem to want to be 'on terms' with these voters. Seems a decent strategy for the conservatives, telling their stories and highlighting their values.

Kathianne
11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I had the 'earth question' in mind while thinking about the above post. Just saw this:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/21/theyre-trying-to-palinize-marco-rubio/#ixzz2CrZWsixR

They’re trying to ‘Palinize’ Marco Rubio

And just like Palin — whom they feared — they wan’t to destroy his credibility; to make him a joke.
For obvious reasons, it is vital that Rubio — and, in fact, all conservatives going forward — be able to articulate a serious conservative worldview that doesn’t fit the “anti-science” stereotype. (This is part of what I mean when I talk about cosmopolitan conservatism.)
Rubio might think he’s just getting his feet wet, but it’s “game on.”

Read the whole article.

aboutime
11-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Whenever this discussion comes up. The same people always seem to voice their opinion to either prove, or disprove what they are hearing, reading, or seeing.

And still. After century, after century.

NOT ONE person has ever been able to provide the actual PROOF, or DISPROOF to back up their opinion. NONE, NEVER!

Can anyone now living, anywhere in the World say...without reservation. They know the real answer to the questions?

If anyone here can demonstrate, prove, validate, and certify their Opinion is the ONE, SOLE Answer.

Let's hear it. Right here. Right now!

Who wants to be the first to come here to honestly tell the rest of us. HOW OLD THE EARTH IS?

If you can. Do it!

Kathianne
11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Whenever this discussion comes up. The same people always seem to voice their opinion to either prove, or disprove what they are hearing, reading, or seeing.

NOT ONE person has ever been able to provide the actual PROOF, or DISPROOF to back up their opinion. NONE, NEVER!

Can anyone now living, anywhere in the World say...without reservation. They know the real answer to the questions?

If anyone here can demonstrate, prove, validate, and certify their Opinion is the ONE, SOLE Answer.

Who wants to be the first to come here to honestly tell the rest of us. HOW OLD THE EARTH IS?

If you can. Do it!

Rubio would be well advised to say that the President is not a geologist and leave that there.

aboutime
11-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Rubio would be well advised to say that the President is not a geologist and leave that there.

Kathianne. Rubio is just like you, and me. He's an American citizen, and according to the very same constitution, and First Amendment we cherish, and follow. Can say whatever he likes, and has no need to take advice from any of us.

We all know. As Mister Rubio does. That Mister Obama is a liar, and a geologist has nothing to do with what Rubio, You, or I believe.

Kathianne
11-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Kathianne. Rubio is just like you, and me. He's an American citizen, and according to the very same constitution, and First Amendment we cherish, and follow. Can say whatever he likes, and has no need to take advice from any of us.

We all know. As Mister Rubio does. That Mister Obama is a liar, and a geologist has nothing to do with what Rubio, You, or I believe.

Of course he may say whatever he likes, however if he means to say 'creationist' he's not going to find most agree with him and lose. So he can basically tell the media to 'pound sand' or he can get tangled up as they want him to.

You may love Sarah Palin, many do. More don't and they are not liberals alone.

fj1200
11-22-2012, 06:20 AM

If you can. Do it!

That attitude is exactly the problem. Dismissing almost out of hand science based evidence.

Rubio... Can say whatever he likes...

... and get painted into a corner and not get elected to POTUS just like Romney.

Thunderknuckles
11-22-2012, 10:07 AM
From the GQ article:

"GQ: How old do you think the Earth is?
Marco Rubio: I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I'm not a scientist. I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

That is about as close to a perfect answer as you can get. Of course the left will paint him as an idiot for it. The fact is, most of them don't truly understand science or history. My respect for Rubio just went up a notch.

aboutime
11-22-2012, 01:15 PM
From the GQ article:

"GQ: How old do you think the Earth is?
Marco Rubio: I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I'm not a scientist. I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."
That is about as close to a perfect answer as you can get. Of course the left will paint him as an idiot for it. The fact is, most of them don't truly understand science or history. My respect for Rubio just went up a notch.

ThunderKnuckles. This is just another of those kinds of Liberal Gotcha moments they play with, and dance around their Kool-aid bar to celebrate.
Much like Atheists always try to corner Christians like myself. Always trying to get us to Prove there is a God, or a Holy Book we read and follow...and they call it Blind Faith. But....as a Christian. I know. I have no need, nor am I required to provide any Proof to those who do not believe, or doubt the existence of a God.
In fact. It is much easier to just allow them to carry on, make all the demands they want, and feel anyway they want to feel. I, as a Christian. OWE them nothing.
The God I worship, and the Faith I have is far stronger than any of their doubts, threats, or accusations.

Which is where I believe the expression "They can kiss my ass" came from. In the Bible the word "ass" is used freely. And I tend to take it's use LITERALLY when it comes to laughing at those who will never get me to prove anything to them.

So. As I said before. NOBODY knows how, or when the Earth began.

And. There is NOBODY ALIVE who can prove any of it.

Kathianne
11-22-2012, 01:39 PM
ThunderKnuckles. This is just another of those kinds of Liberal Gotcha moments they play with, and dance around their Kool-aid bar to celebrate.
Much like Atheists always try to corner Christians like myself. Always trying to get us to Prove there is a God, or a Holy Book we read and follow...and they call it Blind Faith. But....as a Christian. I know. I have no need, nor am I required to provide any Proof to those who do not believe, or doubt the existence of a God.
In fact. It is much easier to just allow them to carry on, make all the demands they want, and feel anyway they want to feel. I, as a Christian. OWE them nothing.
The God I worship, and the Faith I have is far stronger than any of their doubts, threats, or accusations.

Which is where I believe the expression "They can kiss my ass" came from. In the Bible the word "ass" is used freely. And I tend to take it's use LITERALLY when it comes to laughing at those who will never get me to prove anything to them.

So. As I said before. NOBODY knows how, or when the Earth began.

And. There is NOBODY ALIVE who can prove any of it.

Abouttime, the problem is that you are talking about something other than politics. No problem, you're not running for President. The point of the OP posted, was to address how conservatives can get in control of their definition, not letting the media and liberals do it.

As you said earlier, if a candidate feels compelled to go to a 'higher power' for all explanations, they have that right. Without question.

They will not win of course, but one would figure that was their intention from the get go.

OTOH, they can put a line they won't allowed crossed for answers they'll give. Any issues that have to do with the office of President? Of course. Income tax returns? They should. School grades? If they want to. Scandals in their past? Yeah, they'll come out no matter what. Religion? Their choice if they wish to name a denomination or not. Specific beliefs? I'd say that's a no win for conservative candidates. If they are of one mind, they risk Evangelicals; of another mindset, those who have a broader point of view.

I'm pro-life, I can defend it. I also can recognize the law of the land. If a candidate cannot see the difference, they will not win.