PDA

View Full Version : Now that Congress can TAX you

Robert A Whit
11-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Tax you trying to compel you to purchase insurance, ....

Can Congress try to compel you to purchase a car of their choosing?

Bear in mind, that in many ways, Congress took over health care.
They demand X be done by insurance companies.
They demand Y be done by companies.
They demand Z be done by you.

So, since they assume that awesome ability as decided by Justice Roberts who had the power to nagate that premise, how about the issue with a car? Suppose the congress decides to back the two auto makers they funded?

As an aide, today I heard the first on Book TV to rightly credit Bush with saving the auto industry. No doubt the liar Obama does not care.

If they can compell you to buy auto X,
What if Obama decides you must own a home?

I see elements in the Clinton era and Bush era of that taking place.

What if to spur the economy, you wake up to hear on TV that as of one year, the crooks in DC, otherwise called congressmen decide based on the health care law that it also applies to articles of clothing.

Do you understand where this is going?

Elect enough democrats and it will happen.

I have no doubt.

What say the forum?

taft2012
11-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Great Britain and Canada have had their health care systems in place for quite some time now, and neither nation has entered the realm of compelling its citizens to buy homes and automobiles. Granted, neither of those nations ever had a Stalinist as their Prime Minister, yet even a Stalinist at the helm of the US gov't is capable of only so much.

Robert A Whit
11-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Great Britain and Canada have had their health care systems in place for quite some time now, and neither nation has entered the realm of compelling its citizens to buy homes and automobiles. Granted, neither of those nations ever had a Stalinist as their Prime Minister, yet even a Stalinist at the helm of the US gov't is capable of only so much.

Are they the same thing as our system?
Has their courts decided the fate of the law?

Bear in mind, you do not have to purchase health insurance. And you will pay a tax should you refuse.

I also see the people of the UK and Canada as very different than we in this country.