PDA

View Full Version : Factories stifle freedom

Robert A Whit
11-23-2012, 12:50 AM
I support a theory that factory jobs stifle freedom.

Since you want to know why, this is the reasoning.

Factory jobs ensure workers are compliant to authority.

Factory jobs, being boring, tune down the thinking process.

Acts done in repetion thousands of times promote the act of non thinking.

Even when in a union, the workers know they must obey the union.

Kathianne
11-23-2012, 01:10 AM
So are you advocating ending factories?

Robert A Whit
11-23-2012, 01:13 AM
So are you advocating ending factories?

What??? And end the place to store Democrats?

Kathianne
11-23-2012, 01:17 AM
What??? And end the place to store Democrats?

So Robert, did you have a good Thanksgiving? Meet perhaps Johnnie Blue?

Robert A Whit
11-23-2012, 02:25 AM
So Robert, did you have a good Thanksgiving? Meet perhaps Johnnie Blue?

Yes.

No idea who that is.

Robert A Whit
11-23-2012, 02:26 AM
This day, Turkeys can be thankful I did not eat one.

Kathianne
11-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Yes.

No idea who that is.

You mean your innate curiosity didn't compel you to google: 'Johnnie blue'?

Robert A Whit
11-23-2012, 02:44 AM
You mean your innate curiosity didn't compel you to google: 'Johnnie blue'?

I was busy grabbing material for my next topic. Did you google Johnnie Blue?

If it is booze, I leave that to your expertise.

tailfins
11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
I know you were trying to make a joke, but you swerved into a sad reality. Much of the corporate culture resembles that factory. Schools have "dumbed down" and so has the workplace. It's a real fight to not be dumbed down. IT departments are all locked down these days. You can't just fix something. The method of "working hard on something" is putting in a ticket and constantly begging the recipient of the ticket to make it a higher priority. Almost everyone gets pigeonholed in a small repetitive area of responsibility. One small reprieve is to work as a contractor/consultant which causes you to move from company to company. Our society is in serious trouble and just gets dumbed down more and more. It's one reason I resent public school teachers. Why have they sat idly by watching our nation get dumbed down? Do they WANT the US to become a third world country?

Kathianne
11-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I know you were trying to make a joke, but you swerved into a sad reality. Much of the corporate culture resembles that factory. Schools have "dumbed down" and so has the workplace. It's a real fight to not be dumbed down. IT departments are all locked down these days. You can't just fix something. The method of "working hard on something" is putting in a ticket and constantly begging the recipient of the ticket to make it a higher priority. Almost everyone gets pigeonholed in a small repetitive area of responsibility. One small reprieve is to work as a contractor/consultant which causes you to move from company to company. Our society is in serious trouble and just gets dumbed down more and more. It's one reason I resent public school teachers. Why have they sat idly by watching our nation get dumbed down? Do they WANT the US to become a third world country?

The problem with the 'dumbing down' of public schools, at least in my area seems to be on the desire for the districts to prevent one of the schools, teachers from being 'superior' to the other district schools. Every time the ISATS or now Prairie State Achievements come out, many parents from the lower ranked district schools, want their little darlings moved to the highest achieving school, even when the points separating them are insignificant. Within school with multiple classrooms of same grade, kids want to be in the room with Ms. So and so, for whatever reasons.

Thus the district basically writes a curriculum that states that all Grade 3 classes of English will have completed through Chapter 4 on 10/15. All grades of that subject will be literally on the same page on 10/15.

Classes skewed by make-up of the students, high or low, does not matter. If the class was interested in learning more about some story, writer, time period? There isn't time or you will not be where you need to be if they pull your lesson plans. Teachers must keep portfolios documenting what they are teaching.

About the only option for enrichment of students in regular classes is an opportunity to take on an outside project that the teacher is willing to advise on during free times of student and teacher. Many do, but that isn't really an option in very troubled schools.

The 'gifted' and 'special needs' kids have IEP's which allow for more teachers to do special projects. These students aren't restricted to being 'at the same place' as is the case in 'regular classes.'

Private schools do not do the same. Teachers develop, write, and evaluate their own lessons. This is likely the reason that most private schools tend to have higher achievement rates.

gabosaurus
11-23-2012, 11:31 AM
I was busy grabbing material for my next topic.

You sound like RSR's boyfriend. :p