PDA

View Full Version : Was Jesus gay?

gabosaurus
11-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Some scholars believe he was. Not that if reflects badly upon His teachings.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2012/apr/20/was-jesus-gay-probably

cadet
11-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Seriously? :lame2:

gabosaurus
11-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Give me a reason why it isn't so.

There are a many reasons why Jesus is gay as there are that Muhammad was a pedophile.

Marcus Aurelius
11-23-2012, 11:34 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2012/apr/20/was-jesus-gay-probably

'Some scholars'? Really? 1 guy constitutes 'some' (multiple) now?

Perhaps you could list a few of the scholars that agree with his contention???

Marcus Aurelius
11-23-2012, 11:36 AM

There are a many reasons why Jesus is gay as there are that Muhammad was a pedophile.

Show me in the Bible where Jesus had sex with a man. Islamic writings specifically state Mohammed consummated his marriage to a 9 year old girl.

Dumb ass.

jimnyc
11-23-2012, 11:39 AM

Same here, didn't see any "scholars" and it's certainly not in the Bible or any other writings, as it is right there in the Quran in black and white that the pedoprophet enjoyed the young 'uns.

Drummond
11-23-2012, 12:35 PM

.. Because you had to rely on a bolshie Leftie rag to try and assert such a thing ?

aboutime
11-23-2012, 12:47 PM

Gabby. If you and your trash mind insist Jesus was gay, just to make you feel better, and prove your superiority over everyone else. You can say, insist, and believe whatever you NEED.

Like those who must always demand, and create conspiracy theory junk to impress your tiny minds. Whatever makes you feel better is fine with everyone else.

Too bad your parents never had any children that lived to appreciate life, and brought you into the world to destroy it.

SassyLady
11-23-2012, 08:45 PM

Gabby, do you need him to be classified as gay for some reason or other?

jimnyc
11-23-2012, 08:47 PM

Yes, because she's upset that others have classified Muhammad as a pedophile in another thread. This is her way of having "revenge".

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-23-2012, 08:51 PM

The bible condemns homosexuality, if you had ever bothered to read it you'd know that dumbass. Jesus came to fullfill the law not to contradict his Father(aka God)! Good grief, you are truly one mixed up leftist, muslim loving dipshit. No wonder you love and worship obama's sorry ass.
Show one valid reason that proves that Jesus was gay.. I can wait.... -Tyr

http://christianity.about.com/od/Bible-Verses/a/Bible-Verses-Homosexuality.htm

Leviticus 18:22
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (NLT)
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (NLT)

Judges 19:16-24
That evening an old man came home from his work in the fields. He was from the hill country of Ephraim, but he was living in Gibeah, where the people were from the tribe of Benjamin. When he saw the travelers sitting in the town square, he asked them where they were from and where they were going.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes, because she's upset that others have classified Muhammad as a pedophile in another thread. This is her way of having "revenge".

Because she has about as much integrity and honor as that big pile of dogturds that I saw on my neighbor's frontyard this morning.-Tyr

tailfins
11-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Gabby Springer.

jimnyc
11-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Gabby Springer.

I used to think people were nuts that watched Jerry Springer. Then I found out he was mayor in Cinci at one point. The people who watched his show were sane, compared to whomever voted that jackass into office!

aboutime
11-23-2012, 09:07 PM
The way I see it for Gabby is. I hope she believes whatever she wants to believe. It's much easier to always laugh, and understand how simple it is for Gabby, and others like her. To prove our suspicions about Ignorance, Stupidity, Hypocrisy, Hyperbole, and any number of other descriptive words that appear in a dictionary. All fittingly describing Gabby's needs to INFECT others with her blind desires to prove. STUPIDITY is hers.
I see Gabby as the Up and Coming feminine version of a jafar that plays switch with her thumbs. Placing one thumb up her behind, and the other in her mouth. Then...when anyone yells "SWITCH!" Gabby Obey's and tastes the STUPIDITY in person.

DragonStryk72
11-23-2012, 11:37 PM

No. There is absolutely no way to prove it conclusively, and I get just plain sick of this crap. I'm for gay marriage, but not every famous person in history was gay, and you are dumbing down the entire side trying to prop this sort of crap up.

DragonStryk72
11-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Okay, so here we go, from the article:

Those last words of Jesus (http://www.rc.net/wcc/readings/apr6.htm) would not let me escape. "When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, 'Woman behold your son!' Then he said to the disciple. 'Behold your mother!' And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home."

So then, why isn't his conviction that Mary is incestuous? Both stood with him, so what's the exact difference in the leap of "logic"?

That disciple was John whom Jesus, the gospels affirm, loved in a special way. All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus. In all classic depictions of the Last Supper, a favourite subject of Christian art, John is next to Jesus, very often his head resting on Jesus's breast. Dying, Jesus asks John to look after his mother and asks his mother to accept John as her son. John takes Mary home. John becomes unmistakably part of Jesus's family.

Okay, where to begin: Ever heard of Brotherly Love? I know, all love not for a woman has to be gay or incestuous love for your children (please note the sarcasm of that), but stick with me here. What if John was simply his best friend?

The Last Supper proves nothing, as it was painting done by Da Vinci in the Renaissance, somewhat after the events of the New Testamen, but only by 1400 years, so clearly a mistake anyone could make :rolleyes:

Really? Jesus was so great a guy that he pawned a gay man off on his mother? Isn't ever so slightly more likely that he was trying to make sure his mom was taken care of? Why does it prove anything about Christ's sexuality?

Jesus was a Hebrew rabbi. Unusually, he was unmarried. The idea that he had a romantic relationship with Mary Magdalene is the stuff of fiction, based on no biblical evidence. The evidence, on the other hand, that he may have been what we today call gay is very strong. But even gay rights campaigners in the church have been reluctant to suggest it. A significant exception was Hugh Montefiore (http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2005/may/14/guardianobituaries.religion), bishop of Birmingham and a convert from a prominent Jewish family. He dared to suggest that possibility and was met with disdain, as though he were simply out to shock.

Uh, yes, he was unmarried, and while not a common occurrence in those days, did happen for reasons other than homosexuality. There is no biblical evidence thus far to support this assertion, and at least the Mary Magdelene line of thought was less of a leap.

After much reflection and with certainly no wish to shock, I felt I was left with no option but to suggest, for the first time in half a century of my Anglican priesthood, that Jesus may well have been homosexual. Had he been devoid of sexuality, he would not have been truly human. To believe that would be heretical.

That does not make him gay, and screw this guy for talking down to all the asexual humans out there. Yes, that's right, they exist. People who just aren't into sex, and this guy apparently says they're human. But of course Christ gave him permission to judge.... oh wait.

Heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual: Jesus could have been any of these. There can be no certainty which. The homosexual option simply seems the most likely. The intimate relationship with the beloved disciple points in that direction. It would be so interpreted in any person today. Although there is no rabbinic tradition of celibacy, Jesus could well have chosen to refrain from sexual activity, whether he was gay or not. Many Christians will wish to assume it, but I see no theological need to. The physical expression of faithful love is godly. To suggest otherwise is to buy into a kind of puritanism that has long tainted the churches.

Intimacy is completely different than you are projecting it to be. It does not necessarily mean a relationship of a sexual nature, and even less so back in those days. It is modern day that has narrow the scope of that word, and since the Bible is some 2000 years old, we're kinda gonna have to learn that they didn't speak the language, or in the same style, as we do know.

Whether he refrained or not is beside the point of there being no evidence of Christ's sexuality. Here's one: Why would God have made him gay? Let's go with this for a moment: At the time, women were stoned to death for adultery, as were homosexuals. So why, for the love of God, would He have made Jesus contrary to the overwhelming majority of humans that exist? Why do something to where, if Christ, in human form errs, he's fucking dead, with no martyrdom, no Christianity, and his teachings being struck down?

All that, I felt deeply, had to be addressed on Good Friday. I saw it as an act of penitence for the suffering and persecution of homosexual people that still persists in many parts of the church. Few readers of this column are likely to be outraged any more than the liberal congregation to whom I was preaching, yet I am only too aware how hurtful these reflections will be to most theologically conservative or simply traditional Christians. The essential question for me is: what does love demand? For my critics it is more often: what does scripture say? In this case, both point in the same direction.

No, it does not. It does not point there, unless you pervert the words of the Bible for your own purposes. You are hurting your congregation by twisting the facts of the Bible to suit your personal worldwide, and presenting it as substantiated. This aids no one, and brings negative attention.

Whether Jesus was gay or straight in no way affects who he was and what he means for the world today. Spiritually it is immaterial. What matters in this context is that there are many gay and lesbian followers of Jesus – ordained and lay – who, despite the church, remarkably and humbly remain its faithful members. Would the Christian churches in their many guises more openly accept, embrace and love them, there would be many more disciples.

If it is immaterial, then why bring it up? Why post an article on the web for the world to consume? Why try to teach it to your parishioners? You completely bury the good message at the end with all the crap that comes before it.

gabosaurus
11-24-2012, 01:33 AM

Not at all. This is more of a "devil's advocate" thread than anything else.
There are multiple threads claiming multiple things about Muhammad. Truth is, none of that can be proven. Just as it can't be proven whether Jesus was gay.
So what is the purpose of the threads? Mostly a need to express hate and derision.

There is even a comedy line about the subject:
"Jesus knew he had one night left. So who does he spend it with? A dozen guys! And how do they spend it? Washing each other! Come on people, how much proof do you need?"

Not that I believe it personally. But some people do.

Voted4Reagan
11-24-2012, 09:47 AM
There are multiple threads claiming multiple things about Muhammad. Truth is, none of that can be proven. Just as it can't be proven whether Jesus was gay.
So what is the purpose of the threads? Mostly a need to express hate and derision.

"Jesus knew he had one night left. So who does he spend it with? A dozen guys! And how do they spend it? Washing each other! Come on people, how much proof do you need?"

so why would you put forth and advance this "Theory" about Jesus being gay?

are you doing it to simply anger and inflame conservatives or those that are devout in their Christian Faith? if so you have proven you are nothing more than a TROLL.

Try advancing an idea that can be proven rather then the preposterous inciteful piece of crap you just tried to put forward as FACT.

All you continue to do is prove the assertions of many of us here... that Liberals hate christianity and will stoop to any level to degrade the Christian Faith.

I would guess you are against Christmas trees in school as well....right?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-24-2012, 10:10 AM

You are crazy coming off with that kind of talk.. Many of the accusations made against Mohammad have been proven with historical /documented facts including mohammad's own recorded words! Yet you ignorantly lie and say -NONE- of that has been proven. You lie about this just like a muslim does. Quite often Mohammad is CONVICTED BY HIS OWN RECORDED WORDS, THAT IS UNLESS YOU CALL THE KORAN A BOOK OF LIES! DO YOU? -TYR

Thunderknuckles
11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I think Gabby just pulled off an epic chain yanking :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-24-2012, 10:56 AM

Actually here past record of posts here prove that she is stupid enough , gullible enough and/or crazy enough to believe the crap she posts . After all, she supports and defends muslim murdering scum that deliberately murder innocent women and children! She is currently doing that on another thread here now! Maybe she does want to yank our chains also but I have no doubt that she is crazy enough to believe her own shat..-Tyr

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 12:30 PM

Yup.

However, I think most of you are missing the big picture here :

Gabby got two degrees from So Cal. It's very prestigious, you know.

I think it would be a safe bet to let her do the thinking for us, from now on.

aboutime
11-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Yup.

However, I think most of you are missing the big picture here :

Gabby got two degrees from So Cal. It's very prestigious, you know.

I think it would be a safe bet to let her do the thinking for us, from now on.

Degree's mean nothing anymore. Anyone, anywhere, at any time can get all the Degree's they want. Right here Online.
And for those who actually took part in college, and earned their degree's.
Still no big deal if they must mark their hands, and feet with "R" and "L". Book Educated Degree's do not mean the
recipient is Smarter than anyone else. Gabby is the best example of that falsehood.

Just look at all of the bragging celebrities who occupy Hollywood, with degree's in Entertainment. And who also think they are
smarter than average Americans who HONESTLY earned their degree's without selling their soul.

Trigg
11-24-2012, 06:19 PM

I was going to write and tell everyone to calm down, gabby is just trying to get a rise out of everyone.

Sure enough that was the case.

as far as the "claiming" things about muhammad. It's in black and white that he married a young girl. That is hardly in dispute.

aboutime
11-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I was going to write and tell everyone to calm down, gabby is just trying to get a rise out of everyone.

Sure enough that was the case.

as far as the "claiming" things about muhammad. It's in black and white that he married a young girl. That is hardly in dispute.

Trigg. Yeah. Most all of us know Gabby is just a juvenile with a keyboard. And it's so much fun helping her prove how dumb she is, but pretends to be otherwise.

She can't help it. The tests all failed.

revelarts
11-24-2012, 10:15 PM

no, he wasn't.

Jesus said in his own words and challenged the Jewish leaders of the day to find ANY sin in him. They would have LOVED to have shown ANY SIN in Jesus. They were constantly looking for an excuse to make Jesus look bad before the people (same as now). Homosexuality was a capitol offense, punishable by stoning. the Pharisees where trying to use things like his disciples (not even him) picking grain on the Sabbath day. And Jesus healing on the sabbath, not paying taxes and being touched by a woman of ill repute as an excuse to accuse him of sin.

The scholar's an idiot.
Is the scholar gay? i'm just speculating based on his writing youknow. it'd have no affect on his teaching i'm sure.

And then he supposedly get this idea from the the Book of John.
I'd bet $100 bucks that he/they DO NOT believe that Jesus was God in the flesh. Which the same book of John CLEARLY teaches, without daydreaming on the study to reach the conclusion. I'd bet there is a list as long as my arm of the things Jesus plainly said and did that they do not believe. But this 7/8 arse speculation they assume to be "true".

This portion of John comes to mind, Jesus speaking to the Jewish "scholars" of the time:
John 8
43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” 48 The Jews answered him, “Aren’t we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?”
49 “I am not possessed by a demon,” said Jesus, “but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”

52 At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?”
54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

the scholar is an idiot.

As far as it not affecting his teachings. well we see above one teaching it affects pretty badly. Jesus is saying that he has no sin. OH Yeah and the whole point of his coming was he was suppose to be the Sinless Sacrifice for the sins of all mankind. the one who would do what we cannot do, live a sinless life.
Being gay kinda messes that whole thing up some doesn't it? Homosexuality being a sin along with all other sex out of heterosexual wedlock.

Jesus was a sinless sacrifice to take away the sins of the world, in ...
OH it's the book of John again
chapter 1:
29 The next day John (the baptist) saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

The apostles say that he was without sin and was the perfect spotless sacrifice. That makes our forgiveness before God possible.
So, yes, it kinda does mess up the primary teachings of Christianity as well.

It's just wrong on every level Gab.

And frankly it a low politically motivated slur on the character of Jesus. By people that really don't care for his teachings or those that try to follow Jesus with some sincerity.

Robert A Whit
11-24-2012, 10:30 PM

That is one of the dumbest words ever invented.

Why don't you ask if Jesus was a homosexual?

I find no evidence to support him being a homosexual.

Gay is happy. Show me a happy homosexual.

KarlMarx
11-24-2012, 10:40 PM

Jesus said "I came to fulfill the Law (of Moses) and the Prophets"... Mosaic law forbids homosexuality....

So to answer your question.. NO

Robert A Whit
11-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Degree's mean nothing anymore. Anyone, anywhere, at any time can get all the Degree's they want. Right here Online.
Still no big deal if they must mark their hands, and feet with "R" and "L". Book Educated Degree's do not mean the
recipient is Smarter than anyone else. Gabby is the best example of that falsehood.

Just look at all of the bragging celebrities who occupy Hollywood, with degree's in Entertainment. And who also think they are
smarter than average Americans who HONESTLY earned their degree's without selling their soul.

I believe that degrees do matter to employers.
As to the worth of the human being, I agree with you.

Also, I have never claimed to hold a degree so those who have accused me of trying to show up as being superior need to knock that crap off.

Gabby has tried to put me down as well. She needs a dose of human being syrup.

That is the stuff that you drink to become fully human.

Robert A Whit
11-24-2012, 10:50 PM

Unless you define pedophile as those children not yet having reached puberty, you might be wrong.

Trying to reach back to what I know of Muhammad has me reclaling him having teen girls in his group of wives but teens don't make a person a pedophile.

I dunno why so many posters lump in teens with the children who are not in puberty.

revelarts
11-24-2012, 11:12 PM
the scholars thinking is sick.
In the greek there are 4 words for Love.

Storge Love- Storge is the natural bond between mother and infant, father, children, and kin. William Barclay states, "We cannot help loving our kith and kin; blood is thicker than water" (N.T. Words, 1974).

Phileo Love - Phileo love is a love of the affections. It is delighting to be in the presence of another, a warm feeling that comes and goes with intensity. The Bible encourages it but it is never a direct command. God never commands phileo since this type of love is based on the feelings. God Himself did not phileo the world but rather operated in agape love towards us. I cannot have a warm tender feeling toward an enemy but I can agape love them.

Agape Love - Agape love is God's kind of love. It is seeking the welfare and betterment of another regardless of how we feel. Agape does not have the primary meaning of feelings or affection. Jesus displayed it when he went to the cross and died for you and me regardless of how He felt. In the gospels Jesus prayed, "Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt" (Mt. 26:39; Mk. 14:36; Lk. 22:41-43; Jn. 18:11). Jesus sought the betterment of you and me, regardless of His feelings. Matthew 7:12 states it this way, "So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets"

Eros Love - A word that was not actually used in the New Testament but was alluded to. It meant physical passion; its gratification and fulfillment. The Greek word is probably not used in the New Testament because the origin of the word came from the mythical god Eros, the god of love. It is inferred in many scriptures and is the only kind of love that God restricts to a one-man, one-woman relationship within the bounds of marriage (Heb. 13:4; Song 1:13; 4:5-6; 7:7-9; 8:10; 1 Cor. 7:25; Eph. 5:31).

the word used in the passages the "scholar" quotes that Jesus uses is the word Agapeo.
the Disciple whom he loved.
in other passages he uses the same word where he tells the disciples the father's loved toward him and the fathers loved toward the disciples. Is God in homosexual relations with all the disciples. Jesus said he loved all the disciples ,same word, and said they all should "love one another as he loved them" what does that mean?
there another verse where it's said that Jesus loved -same word- Mary, Martha AND their brother Lazarus. "The people could tell." Should we wonder what that means too? the Bible also says that the Church is the bride of Christ? What does the scholar think of THAT!!???:eek:

A sex drenched culture does not like to fathom or allow for non sexual affection.
Or as Grandma might have put it "the scholars and others that go for that have disgusting filthy minds."

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 11:18 PM

Hi there, Aboutime. I'm NightTrain, or NT as most older board members refer to me as.

I'm not around as much as I should be, due to work restraints. 7-10s on the road and helicopter stretch me thin, but I still keep track of the board even though I don't post much these days because I refuse to be a Gabby and 'post and run'.

That is my excuse.

My post that you quoted was sarcastic, and if I had the energy now I'd quote it for you with the thread link. She basically said we're a bunch of morons (surprise surprise) and she's one sharp chick with TWO degrees from So. Cal.

I should have included more hints that I was being facetious, but for newer members and the thousands of guests that frequent this board, I should have been more clear about my intent of my post.

For the record, let it be known that NT considers Gabby as a useless twit, and nothing more.

Even Gabby knows this about herself, which is why she posts something she thinks will rile up the members and then bail.

Honest Injun.

jimnyc
11-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi there, Aboutime. I'm NightTrain, or NT as most older board members refer to me as.

Yeah, for those that don't remember, NT was posting with us and was a huge part of starting USMB when I got things rolling. It was him, another guy "Creek" and my sister. Fun times!

aboutime
11-25-2012, 01:42 PM

I'm not around as much as I should be, due to work restraints. 7-10s on the road and helicopter stretch me thin, but I still keep track of the board even though I don't post much these days because I refuse to be a Gabby and 'post and run'.

That is my excuse.

My post that you quoted was sarcastic, and if I had the energy now I'd quote it for you with the thread link. She basically said we're a bunch of morons (surprise surprise) and she's one sharp chick with TWO degrees from So. Cal.

I should have included more hints that I was being facetious, but for newer members and the thousands of guests that frequent this board, I should have been more clear about my intent of my post.

For the record, let it be known that NT considers Gabby as a useless twit, and nothing more.

Even Gabby knows this about herself, which is why she posts something she thinks will rile up the members and then bail.

Honest Injun.

Thanks very much NT. Your record noted, and agreed. Being facetious isn't something anyone needs to apologize about. There's a really Thin Line here when it comes to such things. In any event. I enjoy the opportunity to come here to learn how easy it is for some to believe they are smart enough to do what you described. Then they bail.
Such is the nature of the entire Internet Experience.

Marcus Aurelius
11-26-2012, 11:43 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by gabosaurus http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=594716#post594716)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...s-gay-probably (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2012/apr/20/was-jesus-gay-probably)

still waiting for that list of 'multiple scholars', gab. Find it yet???

Marcus Aurelius
11-26-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by gabosaurus http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=594725#post594725)

Show me in the Bible where Jesus had sex with a man. Islamic writings specifically state Mohammed consummated his marriage to a 9 year old girl.

Dumb ass.
No comment, gab? using equivalent sources, there is evidence Mohammad had sex with his 9 year old wife, and NOTHING about Jesus being gay.

you FAIL.

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 11:48 AM
No comment, gab? using equivalent sources, there is evidence Mohammad had sex with his 9 year old wife, and NOTHING about Jesus being gay.

There is nothing about Mohammad having sex with his 9 year old wife. The prophet had many wives. He had sexual relations with very few of them. Many were merely household staff.
Jesus was never married and had no Biblical associations with women. He hung out with men all the time. All his dinners were with men. All his travels were with men.
If you read history from around the time of Jesus, homosexuality was very common and not considered wrong.

Marcus Aurelius
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
There is nothing about Mohammad having sex with his 9 year old wife. The prophet had many wives. He had sexual relations with very few of them. Many were merely household staff.
Jesus was never married and had no Biblical associations with women. He hung out with men all the time. All his dinners were with men. All his travels were with men.

If you read history from around the time of Jesus, homosexuality was very common and not considered wrong.

Bullshit. The Quar'an specifically states he consummated the marriage to one wife when she was 9 years old. You DO know what that word means, right? Consummated???

As did 99% of the male Jewish population in the day. Women were even barred from worship services in the same room as men. Does that make all Jewish men of the day gay?

Link to proof of that last statement please.

You're a moron of epic proportions.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 12:02 PM
There is nothing about Mohammad having sex with his 9 year old wife

Bullshit. The Quar'an specifically states he consummated the marriage to one wife when she was 9 years old. You DO know what that word means, right? Consummated???

From the hadith of Bukhari, volume 5, #234

"Narrated Aisha: The prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six. We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Harith Kharzraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's messenger came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age."

Bukhari vol. 7, #65:

"Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: "I have been informed that Aisha remained with the prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death).""

From the hadith of Muslim, volume 2, #3309

Aisha reported: Allah’s Messenger married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine….

From the hadith of the Sunan of Abu Dawud, volume 2, #2116

"Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old."

From "The History of Tabari", volume 9, page 131

"Then the men and women got up and left. The Messenger of God consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me"...(The Prophet) married her three years before the Emigration, when she was seven years old and consummated the marriage when she was nine years old, after he had emigrated to Medina in Shawwal. She was eighteen years old when he died.

From the Encyclopedia of Islam, under "Aisha":

"Some time after the death of Khadija, Khawla suggested to Muhammad that he should marry either Aisha, the 6 year old daughter of his chief follower, or Sawda Zama, a widow of about 30, who had gone as a Muslim to Abyssinia and whose husband had died there. Muhammad is said to have asked her to arrange for him to marry both. It had already been agreed that Aisha should marry Djubayr Mutim, whose father, though still pagan, was friendly to the Muslims. By common consent, however, this agreement was set aside, and Muhammad was betrothed to Aisha... The marriage was not consummated until some months after the Hidjra, (in April 623, 624). Aisha went to live in an apartment in Muhammad's house, later the mosque of Median. She cannot have been more than ten years old at the time and took her toys to her new home."

revelarts
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM

Wow,
Mohammad had a 9 year old wife and many wives but you give him beny of the doubt that he DID NOT have sex with the 9 year old or other wives that LIVED with him and ate with him etc.
But you say wrongly that Jesus was never near women(Several women traveled with him,) But traveled with Men hung out with men and therefore MUST HAVE had sex with them? really?

When you have an honest point to make there might be something to talk about but this is just trying to rattle the can Gab. Why? there are other things that might have merit against Christianity or Christians but this one is just needlessly provocative.

Marcus Aurelius
11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Gabby must have thought Mohammad had consommé with his 9 yr old wife.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Even the thought of marrying a 6 year old is sickening. How in the world can a 6 year old consent to such a thing and understand what is happening? And yes, I know it wasn't just Muhammad, and other did so too, and I think they're all sick. And while Muhammad became a pedophile by having sex with a 9yr old, I suppose it's possible that other sickos did the same. But there's only one that I am aware of that is held in the highest esteem as a prophet.

aboutime
11-26-2012, 01:22 PM

GABBY. I will say it for everyone. GABBY. YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Marcus Aurelius
01-09-2013, 09:38 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=595326#post595326)

on your first point...
http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Aisha_Age_of_Consummation

"Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old."
Abu-Dawud 2:2116

As to your second point, link???

Abbey Marie
01-09-2013, 10:00 AM
I can't believe how many people fell for this one!

mundame
01-09-2013, 10:06 AM

It's the usual leftwing tactic, trying to smear a famous person with the behavior they are trying to normalize.

It's like trying to smear Jefferson with miscegenation so that will normalize miscegenation.

The last famous person the homosexual lobby tried to smear was Lincoln, remember that? This lurid book came out about how Lincoln was homosexual, supposedly.

Lincoln had a wife and a number of children and never showed any signs of such a tendency; I don't know what you have to do to prove you aren't one if that's not enough.

The Jesus thing is just more of this sort of normalization drive.

Once NAMBLA gets working on normalization of "man-boy love" we'll be hearing that George Washington and Jesus and Franklin Delano Roosevelt were all pedophiles, I'm sure.

Life is too short to waste on freakazoids' political agendas, IMO. No insult meant to you Gabby, maybe some people will like to discuss this.

Abbey Marie
01-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Oh heck, some people have even tried to say that Sherlock Holmes - (a fictional character!) was gay. Best just to ignore the nonsense.

mundame
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
I am listening to a course on science fiction, and the prof said that there is an entire line of Star Trek books that portrays all the major characters as homosexuals! Captain Kirk and Spock and so on. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-09-2013, 10:38 AM
I am listening to a course on science fiction, and the prof said that there is an entire line of Star Trek books that portrays all the major characters as homosexuals! Captain Kirk and Spock and so on. :laugh:

Well, duh. ;) :laugh2:

tailfins
01-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Oh heck, some people have even tried to say that Sherlock Holmes - (a fictional character!) was gay. Best just to ignore the nonsense.

Tinky-winky of the teletubbies is.

WiccanLiberal
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Been reading this thread and I am surprised at how easy it is to bait so many people with such a silly statement. I am sure no reputable scholar would venture such an opinion on such a distant figure as the Galilean teacher. It seems a misguided attempt to make him a more approachable figure for those who are gay when, in actuality, his message was, if believed, to be for all people anyway. As my subject line says, I don't have a horse in this race so my opinion might bear a little more attention. I personally think everyone who responded so vehemently has been had and the original thread was an attempt to do just that - stirring the pot. Again just my opinion and YMMV. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

WiccanLiberal
01-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Well, duh. ;) :laugh2:

Look up fanfiction online. And no, Spock and Kirk together - never happen IMO. However, Captain and the Doctor - very hot. And no, I will not discuss this any further. <going to eat cadbury's and read a smutty novel on my sick day at home>

tailfins
01-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Been reading this thread and I am surprised at how easy it is to bait so many people with such a silly statement. I am sure no reputable scholar would venture such an opinion on such a distant figure as the Galilean teacher. It seems a misguided attempt to make him a more approachable figure for those who are gay when, in actuality, his message was, if believed, to be for all people anyway. As my subject line says, I don't have a horse in this race so my opinion might bear a little more attention. I personally think everyone who responded so vehemently has been had and the original thread was an attempt to do just that - stirring the pot. Again just my opinion and YMMV. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

God will deal with the blasphemers. May he have mercy on their souls.

DragonStryk72
01-09-2013, 02:45 PM

No, problem with gabs is that she's serious, and jumps on crap like this quickly.

aboutime
01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
First, and foremost. Will the One member here who knows for certain, and has proof to present to the rest of us as to whether Jesus was gay, or not PROVE IT here?

Let he who knows Absolutely, Positively. What the answer to the thread's question is....PLEASE show us how dumb you are?

mundame
01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Look up fanfiction online. And no, Spock and Kirk together - never happen IMO. However, Captain and the Doctor - very hot. And no, I will not discuss this any further. <going home="" to="" at="" day="" sick="" my="" on="" novel="" smutty="" a="" read="" and="" cadbury?s="" eat="">

Well, darn! How tantalizing. :laugh:
</going>

tailfins
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
First, and foremost. Will the One member here who knows for certain, and has proof to present to the rest of us as to whether Jesus was gay, or not PROVE IT here?

Let he who knows Absolutely, Positively. What the answer to the thread's question is....PLEASE show us how dumb you are?

It's called faith. Attributing ANY sin to Jesus is blasphemy.

mundame
01-09-2013, 04:35 PM
It's called faith. Attributing ANY sin to Jesus is blasphemy.

So if Jesus did it that makes it automatically not a sin?

Cle-ver agenda promoting.

tailfins
01-09-2013, 04:44 PM
So if Jesus did it that makes it automatically not a sin?

Cle-ver agenda promoting.

Committing a sin would have voided the capacity for Jesus to provide atonement. There would be no path for sinful man to reconcile with a sinless God.

Robert A Whit
01-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Here are some of the arguments I have read thus far.
1. Jesus was a homosexual.

However, it is not debate. It is not logical either.
Saying he was Gay given the lack of hard evidence he even lived short of using but one book to confirm his existance is nuts. When one reads the old testament, you don't get the run down on Jesus. It is in the new testament he appears. And what do you cite in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke or John that mentions his having sex? I could argue he had a lot of sex with plenty of women too. But that makes just as much sense as claiming he was a homosexual.

2. Mohammed was a pedophile.

Again, silly talk. Who here believes Arabs laws apply to me or you? Do you accept Arab law as your law?

They do things different. They follow different laws.

We can't simply impose the law of the USA on Arabs. It makes no sense or they can do it to us.

Also, most use the improper definition of a pedophile. In the case of a girl, she has to be too young to conceive. If one has sex with such a child, per US law, one is a pedophile. I don't know if that particular 9 year old child could conceive or not. I don't think any of us know that much about her. She was still a child based on USA standandards but what about using Arab standards? Again, we can't simply wish our laws applied to them. Especially since when it took place, there was no such thing as USA.

I hope this did not sail over your heads. Laws of one nation do not mean those laws apply to other nations. Simple enough?

glockmail
01-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Only a retard would ask the op question.

tailfins
01-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Only a retard would ask the op question.

It's not meant as a question, rather as a put-down of Christians. Gabby will answer for her blasphemy.

Galatians 6:7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Robert A Whit
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Committing a sin would have voided the capacity for Jesus to provide atonement. There would be no path for sinful man to reconcile with a sinless God.

Lissen up.

I too believe in GOD. As to Jesus, I decided to believe in Jesus and base it on my understanding of the 4 gospels and one can also add that the whole of the new testament can also be used.

We Mormons believe that we can become a God too. Christians claim Jesus was a GOD. God can't be Jesus Father unless God produced another God.

Were I you, I would not get too hung up on stuff like the above. We impute to Jesus a lot of things. But we don't have rock hard evidence to support our claims about him.

Maybe he loved sex. Maybe he had kids.

We don't know if you base it on the Bible.

Do you know what the hope of Jesus is?

Believe it or not, it is the hope you too get to be a God.

It would not make a bit of sense for there to be no gods in the land of God. Can those gods do what the big GOD can do?

I have no idea. If God hands them such powers, why not?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-13-2013, 12:32 AM

^^^^^ This why others here are wrong about you and your level of understanding. You have decided that historic fact about mohamboy and his child molesting habits can only be defended by false accusations against Jesus. Then you to avoid my pointing out your lies and follies have like Jafar put me on ignore so as to not have to defend against the truth. Jafar has his cult to cling too what do you have and why do you defend Islam? Got too many prayer rug burns on your knees trying to be a blind servant for Islam??-Tyr

gabosaurus
02-13-2013, 01:11 AM
As usual, Robert says a lot while actually saying nothing at all.

02-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Im sure Jesus's wife would be surprised.

gabosaurus
02-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Im sure Jesus's wife would be surprised.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DSwG9Tojg9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>