PDA

View Full Version : Larry Hagman dead at 81

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Who shot JR?

I liked him, he was a good actor. RIP

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-larry-hagman-20121124,0,5294713.story

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Who shot JR?

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-larry-hagman-20121124,0,5294713.story

He was a good actor and man did he have people hating him when he played JR in the Dallas tv series.
I remember people really hating him and I'd have to say to them its just acting, its not real. Most of those were women, so emotional..
Hector -Macho Camacho died after being shot in the face four days ago.-Tyr

fj1200
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Who shot JR?

Maggie Simpson right?

logroller
11-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Maggie Simpson right?
That's what they want you to believe.:tinfoil: :laugh:

aboutime
11-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Forget JR. Let's not forget this guy....4072

Robert A Whit
11-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Who shot JR?

Yes he was. Who can forget "I dream of Jeannie"?

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 04:36 PM

Forgot about that, that was an awesome show! Been a long, long time since I've seen any episodes.

Little-Acorn
11-24-2012, 05:01 PM

"Jeannie" was the peak of his career. He played a colonel (or captain? Not sure) who couldn't quite handle the weird things going on. A role that fit him well.

Later in "Dallas" he was cast as a gredy, uncaring millionaire, but wound up looking like someone who couldn't quite handle what was going on around him. Though it was a good role with a lot of potential, he was badly mis-cast. He looked even more silly and out-of-place with the hat.

Unfortunately, people remember him more for the "Dallas" role than the "Jeannie" role.

AllieBaba
11-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I grew up on, and LOVED, I Dream of Jeanie..

Larry wrote, directed, and I think produced that show...apparently he was wound a bit tight and very difficult....his mother was a stage actress, I guess...

But boy was he fun to watch. No matter what he was in, it was always entertaining.

Robert A Whit
11-24-2012, 10:22 PM
"Jeannie" was the peak of his career. He played a colonel (or captain? Not sure) who couldn't quite handle the weird things going on. A role that fit him well.

Later in "Dallas" he was cast as a gredy, uncaring millionaire, but wound up looking like someone who couldn't quite handle what was going on around him. Though it was a good role with a lot of potential, he was badly mis-cast. He looked even more silly and out-of-place with the hat.

Unfortunately, people remember him more for the "Dallas" role than the "Jeannie" role.

What was great about I DREAM OF JEANNIE, was that it was a fun show.

Dallas was drama. I believe that Jeannie was so hot she had many viewers as her fan.

Larry I think, was an Air Force captain and even his boss, a Major was not too swift. Now, maybe his boss was a Lt col or col. That I just don't recall. I will check it out.

Robert A Whit
11-24-2012, 10:27 PM
What was great about I DREAM OF JEANNIE, was that it was a fun show.

Dallas was drama. I believe that Jeannie was so hot she had many viewers as her fan.

Larry I think, was an Air Force captain and even his boss, a Major was not too swift. Now, maybe his boss was a Lt col or col. That I just don't recall. I will check it out.

Oops, Both were Majors.

hjmick
11-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Oops, Both were Majors.

Majors Anthony Nelson and Roger Healey.

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Majors Anthony Nelson and Roger Healey.

JR and Tony, two more different characters you'd be hard pressed to meet.