PDA

View Full Version : Man sentenced to jail for slapping wife with penis

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 11:29 AM
And no, it's not April fools day, this is a real story!

ROCKLAND, Maine — A 62-year-old Cushing man will spend five days in jail after pleading guilty Wednesday to assaulting his estranged wife.

Fred E. Thomas pleaded guilty to 180 days in jail with all but five days suspended and was placed on probation for a year for domestic violence assault and indecent conduct. A third charge of unlawful sexual contact was dismissed.

The incident occurred in July in Warren when his wife of 39 years, who was estranged from him, stayed at his place. He offered her $20 for sex, and when she refused he took out his penis and struck her with it, according to the prosecution’s version of events to which he pleaded guilty.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/11/23/news/midcoast/cushing-man-gets-jail-for-striking-estranged-wife-with-genitalia/

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Pretty funny.

I wonder what the 3rd charge of 'Unlawful Sexual Contact' was all about. There's some pretty quirky laws on the books, especially on the East Coast.

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Rick! What's up, buddy, awesome to seeya around! On break from work?

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Hey bud!

Yep, got 4 whole days off... been travelling hard this year. Was home a total of 2 days in 3 months before Thanksgiving, my partner and I are pretty burned out.

The money is killer, but it's certainly not everything!

Abbey Marie
11-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I think he was just being friendly. :eek:

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 12:34 PM

I was thinking maybe I would be friendly with my wife! Then again, she'd likely punch me for just telling her about this story!

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey bud!

Yep, got 4 whole days off... been travelling hard this year. Was home a total of 2 days in 3 months before Thanksgiving, my partner and I are pretty burned out.

Damn, you set to retire soon and enjoy the beauty of Alaska?

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Damn, you set to retire soon and enjoy the beauty of Alaska?

LOL, I wish!

4 kids, my fiance and all of us like expensive toys... it'll be a few years yet!

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 12:41 PM
LOL, I wish!

4 kids, my fiance and all of us like expensive toys... it'll be a few years yet!

I suppose you got a point there, gotta have the toys! Is the marriage imminent? I saw a while back some vids you posted of cheerleading I believe it was? Cute!! (on FB)

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 12:44 PM
I suppose you got a point there, gotta have the toys! Is the marriage imminent? I saw a while back some vids you posted of cheerleading I believe it was? Cute!! (on FB)

We signed the marriage license Wednesday down at the courthouse. I'm letting Sharon decide where we want to go get hitched... I think she's leaning toward somewhere Tropical, but she hasn't ruled out Vegas yet, but I keep hearing Bahamas mentioned.

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 12:45 PM
We signed the marriage license Wednesday down at the courthouse. I'm letting Sharon decide where we want to go get hitched... I think she's leaning toward somewhere Tropical, but she hasn't ruled out Vegas yet, but I keep hearing Bahamas mentioned.

Sweet, congrats! The woman and I went to St. Lucia, to one of those all inclusive resorts (Sandals Halcyon). No kids allowed, and although a little pricey, all you can eat and drink is included!! Remember to take lots of pictures to share with us!!

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Sweet, congrats! The woman and I went to St. Lucia, to one of those all inclusive resorts (Sandals Halcyon). No kids allowed, and although a little pricey, all you can eat and drink is included!! Remember to take lots of pictures to share with us!!

I will, for sure. I think the blindingly white Alaskan guy should be indicator enough to pinpoint who I am on the beach! lol

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 12:50 PM
I will, for sure. I think the blindingly white Alaskan guy should be indicator enough to pinpoint who I am on the beach! lol

That was me! In 1994 I was about 140lbs, rail thin and full of tattoos! I stood out like you couldn't imagine. The hilarious part, was that the locals would sneak around the fences and onto the beach. Whenever Diana and I would walk by they would all find me and see if I wanted to buy some weed! LOL

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 01:03 PM
That was me! In 1994 I was about 140lbs, rail thin and full of tattoos! I stood out like you couldn't imagine. The hilarious part, was that the locals would sneak around the fences and onto the beach. Whenever Diana and I would walk by they would all find me and see if I wanted to buy some weed! LOL

Funny stuff... last time I went to Hawaii, my buddy and I were obviously from somewhere non-tropical and the locals there would keep casually walking by and quietly say, "Buds, guys? Buds?" Finally after a day of no purchases from us they gave up on us.

They would have had much better luck asking me, "Booze guys? Booze?", but I have a knack of getting that stuff without assistance.

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Funny stuff... last time I went to Hawaii, my buddy and I were obviously from somewhere non-tropical and the locals there would keep casually walking by and quietly say, "Buds, guys? Buds?" Finally after a day of no purchases from us they gave up on us.

They would have had much better luck asking me, "Booze guys? Booze?", but I have a knack of getting that stuff without assistance.

I'd love to go to Hawaii, never been there myself. I did have some Hawaiian bud many years ago though! It was like a bright orange color, and VERY expensive, so it was a one time thing. This was probably like '88 or '89, in that area, and was from a Jamaican guy in NYC (never been to Jamaica either). All I remember for sure is that it was like getting the mask at the dentist, where you wander into another world, and have a sort of out of body experience. Man, I did a lot of dumb shit in my life! LOL

NightTrain
11-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I didn't really care for Hawaii much, other than there were some really hot girls in skimpy outfits and the snorkeling was a lot of fun but the heat and humidity were killing me.

That's why I'm kind of dreading having to be in a tuxedo in the Bahamas... I'll have a heat stroke in short order, and I suspect that would kind of screw up the whole marriage ceremony.

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 01:45 PM
I didn't really care for Hawaii much, other than there were some really hot girls in skimpy outfits and the snorkeling was a lot of fun but the heat and humidity were killing me.

That's why I'm kind of dreading having to be in a tuxedo in the Bahamas... I'll have a heat stroke in short order, and I suspect that would kind of screw up the whole marriage ceremony.

Maybe so, but good entertainment value for any onlookers (you'd have to survive of course!). I always crack up at the guys who pass out in Churches from the heat and anxiety. But when my brother got married, and I was the best man, I came awfully close. I felt REAL dizzy, and then the thought of falling on my face in front of everyone only made it worse. I was sweating profusely and staring like a zombie, hoping no one was looking at me. I was SO uncomfortable that I more or less missed the whole thing! Then later in the evening I had to give the 'ol best man's toast. I'm VERY shy, so the standing in front of crowd thing isn't my cup of tea, and certainly not speaking to them. But this time, I was kind of hammered. Man, my Dad videotaped the whole thing, and boy did I look like an idiot. I just kinda mumbled into the microphone and was sipping my vodka throughout as if it would make it all easier!

But the best "best man speech" ever:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SBB6pmixR4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Robert A Whit
11-24-2012, 02:33 PM

I wonder if the court examined the evidence?

Next, I wonder how many women are trying to contact that guy?

Then I wonder what Nighttrain does for a living?

logroller
11-24-2012, 02:37 PM
^Ah man, somebody slap that best man with a cock already.:laugh2:

jimnyc
11-24-2012, 02:37 PM

Tis a great question! All I know is that it's something with communications and wiring, and he does non-stop traveling to perform installs and fixes. He once posted a long time back some footage of arriving on-site for a job via a helicopter, and posted some awesome photos of the wickedly cold looking area. At least, if I recall correctly, once things are running he has an internet connection at some of the remote places. Those types of jobs have allowed him to share some great photos with us over the years. But it's his pictures when he's home and snowmobiling or out fishing/hunting that rule. Man, I'd love to visit Alaska!

Robert A Whit
11-24-2012, 02:50 PM
I'd love to go to Hawaii, never been there myself. I did have some Hawaiian bud many years ago though! It was like a bright orange color, and VERY expensive, so it was a one time thing. This was probably like '88 or '89, in that area, and was from a Jamaican guy in NYC (never been to Jamaica either). All I remember for sure is that it was like getting the mask at the dentist, where you wander into another world, and have a sort of out of body experience. Man, I did a lot of dumb shit in my life! LOL

Panama Red is the only weed I could stand and I quit all of it. I have spent several weeks at Hawaii enjoy it.

NightTrain
11-25-2012, 12:59 AM

I am a Telecommunications Journeyman in Wasilla, Alaska.

I build cellular and wired internet systems in Alaska, my specialty is fiber optics. We are usually on the road or mountaintop upgrading or installing new sites for various companies or Government around Alaska.

In a month we'll be in Seattle and Portland upgrading a few sites... that'll be fun just because it's a change of pace.

But here's a Fun Fact for you, Robert: I am a very conservative Republican and yet am a member of the IBEW Union.

Nice to meet you.

NT

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 01:02 AM

I build cellular and wired internet systems in Alaska, my specialty is fiber optics. We are usually on the road or mountaintop upgrading or installing new sites for various companies or Government around Alaska.

In a month we'll be in Seattle and Portland upgrading a few sites... that'll be fun just because it's a change of pace.

But here's a Fun Fact for you, Robert: I am a very conservative Republican and yet am a member of the IBEW Union.

Nice to meet you.

NT

LOL! I was in IBEW from 1977-1981. ;)

NightTrain
11-25-2012, 01:08 AM
But the best "best man speech" ever:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SBB6pmixR4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Hahahaha!!

Jim, if you can top this speech, then you can be my Best Man!

NightTrain
11-25-2012, 01:23 AM
LOL! I was in IBEW from 1977-1981. ;)

I remember you saying that! Did you get vested?

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 01:25 AM
I remember you saying that! Did you get vested?

I don't think so, that was only 4 years. I stayed at home for the next 12.

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Hey my friend, I know I 'congratulated' you on your upcoming nuptials prematurely, but now I offer them again. Congratulations!

NightTrain
11-25-2012, 02:15 AM
Hey my friend, I know I 'congratulated' you on your upcoming nuptials prematurely, but now I offer them again. Congratulations!

Thank you!

Sharon and I thank you for that.

NightTrain
11-25-2012, 02:21 AM
I don't think so, that was only 4 years. I stayed at home for the next 12.

It is only 4 to Vest with IBEW!

Better check that out.

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 02:31 AM
It is only 4 to Vest with IBEW!

Better check that out.

I will, thanks!

NightTrain
11-25-2012, 02:41 AM
I love that my official Welcome Back thread has to do with a guy Dick-Whipping his ex-wife!

That's really awesome!

That's why this board rules.

Robert A Whit
11-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Tis a great question! All I know is that it's something with communications and wiring, and he does non-stop traveling to perform installs and fixes. He once posted a long time back some footage of arriving on-site for a job via a helicopter, and posted some awesome photos of the wickedly cold looking area. At least, if I recall correctly, once things are running he has an internet connection at some of the remote places. Those types of jobs have allowed him to share some great photos with us over the years. But it's his pictures when he's home and snowmobiling or out fishing/hunting that rule. Man, I'd love to visit Alaska!

During WWII, at Dutch Harbor, the Navy needed a base. Dad was there working on the base when the Japanese attacked. I kept some empty .50 cal brass the Navy used to shoot at the Japanese war planes. I plan to sell the brass. I used brasso on them to take most of the tarnish off.

Dad was told to take his construction crew to another island to recover a Japanese zero. Mom was not then married to him. I stood on a platform of that same airplane in Oakland, CA while WWII was going on. I later learned from Dad he had recovered it. He told me the whole story.

I suspect as huge as Alaska is, that Nighttrain keeps very busy and I suspect he works on cell phone sites. Discovery channel has had a lot of good alaska material on it. They have programs of gold mining currently. If any of you happen to have the time life books done after those shut down, the magazine has photos of that Japanese Zero that Dad recovered. i showed it to him once and he identified it.Plane landed on mushy soil and flipped over, breaking the pilots neck. Dad's crew removed the pilot.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/AkutanZero1.jpg/300px-AkutanZero1.jpg (http://www.debatepolicy.com/wiki/File:AkutanZero1.jpg)

Robert A Whit
11-25-2012, 04:07 AM

Nice to meet you.

NT

In the late 1950's, I also worked in telecommunications, but in a central office. I mentioned to Jim moments ago that I figured you did the job you now say you do. Then I saw this message from you. Glad to meet you also. Well, maybe you get to see Sarah Palin around town and also you may know her.

I was a member of the CWA union back then and they sucked. I saw nothing they did for me but take part of my wages.

You mentioned liking this board. I too find it very much fun.

Down where I live the systems are all fibre optics.

When i worked for the phone company, I worked on brand new X-Bar 5 equipment. Of course today it is all electronic.

gabosaurus
11-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Hey bud!

NT, was that you that cut me off on the 710 heading toward Long Beach Harbor last week?

aboutime
11-25-2012, 02:03 PM
I love that my official Welcome Back thread has to do with a guy Dick-Whipping his ex-wife!

That's really awesome!

That's why this board rules.

NT. That's the nature of the Beast down here in the Lower, of the Lowest 48 these days.

Any topic can become a headline in seconds. You must know that very well in your line of business.

Nothing is Sacred, or Secret anymore. Adds more suspense to the old Newspaper admonition about "If it Bleeds, it Leads".

We've come from a man having his TALLYWHACKER cut off, and thrown in the street to (PARDON THE PUN) "Literal MEAT Beatings".

NightTrain
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
During WWII, at Dutch Harbor, the Navy needed a base. Dad was there working on the base when the Japanese attacked. I kept some empty .50 cal brass the Navy used to shoot at the Japanese war planes. I plan to sell the brass. I used brasso on them to take most of the tarnish off.

Dad was told to take his construction crew to another island to recover a Japanese zero. Mom was not then married to him. I stood on a platform of that same airplane in Oakland, CA while WWII was going on. I later learned from Dad he had recovered it. He told me the whole story.

I suspect as huge as Alaska is, that Nighttrain keeps very busy and I suspect he works on cell phone sites. Discovery channel has had a lot of good alaska material on it. They have programs of gold mining currently. If any of you happen to have the time life books done after those shut down, the magazine has photos of that Japanese Zero that Dad recovered. i showed it to him once and he identified it.Plane landed on mushy soil and flipped over, breaking the pilots neck. Dad's crew removed the pilot.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/AkutanZero1.jpg/300px-AkutanZero1.jpg (http://www.debatepolicy.com/wiki/File:AkutanZero1.jpg)

That's very cool that your Dad was one of the guys sent to retrieve that Zero. That was a huge deal and it was instrumental in our victory in the Pacific over the Japanese. Our pilots were getting the snot shot out of them by the Zero, it was much more maneuverable and could climb faster than anything we had.... but then we got ahold of the Zero out on the Aleutians, shipped it south and rebuilt it, and flew the hell out of it and got the stats from it.

After that, we knew where it's weakness was (no armor) and where to shoot the damn thing to blow it up - the fuel tanks weren't self-sealing and it wouldn't take anything to set it on fire. Plus the pilot was completely exposed with nothing more than sheet metal between him and bullets.

Back in 1988, I was at Dutch Harbor and had about 2 days before the fishing vessel came to port to pick me and a co-worker up. With nothing else to do, we wandered around the island and explored the old WWII bunkers. We found an underground hangar and walked down the trenches... it was very cool. I didn't find any shell casings or anything, unfortunately. But I saw the cliff faces around the area that had shell craters in them from the fighting.

NightTrain
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
In the late 1950's, I also worked in telecommunications, but in a central office. I mentioned to Jim moments ago that I figured you did the job you now say you do. Then I saw this message from you. Glad to meet you also. Well, maybe you get to see Sarah Palin around town and also you may know her.

I was a member of the CWA union back then and they sucked. I saw nothing they did for me but take part of my wages.

You mentioned liking this board. I too find it very much fun.

Down where I live the systems are all fibre optics.

When i worked for the phone company, I worked on brand new X-Bar 5 equipment. Of course today it is all electronic.

Yeah, I do quite a bit of work in C.O.s, usually these days it's upgrading DSL equipment to allow 15 to 20 meg service or we're installing the new Ericsson LTE switching equipment to handle the local Cell traffic. The LTE technology is pretty amazing and the data transfer rates are stupidly fast - especially when there's no one but you on the system. I keep expecting to see the cell phone start smoking.

CWA is a pretty weak union down in the Lower 48, they aren't present at all in AK. I think their members get paid 1/3 of what we get paid to do the same work... with less benefits. I don't know if they're any higher than a non-union shop, if they are it can't be very much.

X-Bar 5? Is that the old X-Y clickety-clacks?

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 12:19 AM
That's very cool that your Dad was one of the guys sent to retrieve that Zero. That was a huge deal and it was instrumental in our victory in the Pacific over the Japanese. Our pilots were getting the snot shot out of them by the Zero, it was much more maneuverable and could climb faster than anything we had.... but then we got ahold of the Zero out on the Aleutians, shipped it south and rebuilt it, and flew the hell out of it and got the stats from it.

After that, we knew where it's weakness was (no armor) and where to shoot the damn thing to blow it up - the fuel tanks weren't self-sealing and it wouldn't take anything to set it on fire. Plus the pilot was completely exposed with nothing more than sheet metal between him and bullets.

Back in 1988, I was at Dutch Harbor and had about 2 days before the fishing vessel came to port to pick me and a co-worker up. With nothing else to do, we wandered around the island and explored the old WWII bunkers. We found an underground hangar and walked down the trenches... it was very cool. I didn't find any shell casings or anything, unfortunately. But I saw the cliff faces around the area that had shell craters in them from the fighting.

You seem interested so let me tell you more of what Dad told me.

He and his crew drove piling to hold heavy structures up. A lot of the buildings had thick walls so they drove a lot of piling under them.

When the attack started, Dad said that in one personnel barracks, a bomb hit and blew it up, killing many in the navy.

They did not know where the fighter airplanes had come from. It was a major sneak attack. There was a supply ship in the harbor that had some guns on the deck. They were to be taken off and set up by the Navy. But sailors on the deck fired at the Japanese warplanes.

It was a repeat of Pearl Harbor.

Dad took a barge with a crane on it to pick up the Japanese Zero.

Dad brought up what you mentioned. I believe as you do that getting that one airplane had a direct impact on the battles later fought.

My Algebra teacher in High school flew P-38s during the war. He did speak of this when me and some of the boys could divert him. I can't recall him saying he had shot and killed anybody. But it is likely he had.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I do quite a bit of work in C.O.s, usually these days it's upgrading DSL equipment to allow 15 to 20 meg service or we're installing the new Ericsson LTE switching equipment to handle the local Cell traffic. The LTE technology is pretty amazing and the data transfer rates are stupidly fast - especially when there's no one but you on the system. I keep expecting to see the cell phone start smoking.

CWA is a pretty weak union down in the Lower 48, they aren't present at all in AK. I think their members get paid 1/3 of what we get paid to do the same work... with less benefits. I don't know if they're any higher than a non-union shop, if they are it can't be very much.

Keep in mind that when I worked for then Pacific Bell, part of ATT, there were no transistors of any sort in the equipment. It was some years later that I studied transistors to learn how they worked.

X-Bar 5 probably can still be googled.

The CO was a two story building with the frames on the first floor with the rest of the switching equipment upstairs. When a phone call was made, you could hear a click. That was some relay. During a slow part of the day, they all were automatically tested by an IBM punch card producing testing device. It was at the time, (1957) the latest switching equipment.

I have not been in a CO since then. A pal who worked with me at Pac Bell later visited me and told me that they quit using that equipment and went entirely to electronic switching.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Bear in mind that I worked with this system in the late 1950s and when I got hired, all the equipment was installed. It no doubt was installed prior to 1956 I think.

This site has some decent photos. A photo included is the testing bank. We had several bank since our office handled tens of thousands of lines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_Five_Crossbar_Switching_System#Switching_Fa bric

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 05:45 AM

1 & 5 cross bars replaced the old clickety-clacks of second generation. cross bars allowed touch tone and 5 introduced the 'supplemental' services such as call waiting. They were replaced by ESS-electronic switching systems, also I think given 1 & 5 designations. These allowed for central office phone changes with features, no tech needed on site. Pretty cool. ESS allowed for data lines, in big cities the switch to ESS was pretty much completed in the 70's, but in 'rural areas' like some pockets 50 miles outside of Chicago, 1 crossbar was still in use.

taft2012
11-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Married for 39 years (admittedly estranged), he offers her a place to stay..... and $20 on top of that for a little play. And he winds up in jail.....go figure.

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Married for 39 years (admittedly estranged), he offers her a place to stay..... and $20 on top of that for a little play. And he winds up in jail.....go figure.

Sounds like prostitution to me. :cool: