PDA

View Full Version : Posting and bailing

gabosaurus
11-25-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't understand the whole big deal about "posting and bailing."

Not everyone has the time to sit on DP all day, posting crap and waiting for replies.

I realize that some of you are retired or otherwise non-employed, living off the government.

But I can't do that. I often post while at work, or at home while riding herd on the family.

Many times, things come up and I have to make a quick exit.

Being a "blonde in disguise," I often forget where I have posted last and don't go back and check it.

Other time, I say what I have to say and don't feel the need to post otherwise, since I have already said what I have to say.

I didn't attend Southern California, though my sister does have a degree from there.

I attended the University of California at Berkeley, where I do have two degrees. It is a job requirement.

Some professions require that you be intelligent. Others don't have that requirement and give you the leeway to be less than intelligent.

I am smarter than many people. Though I can't apply that to Abbey or Kathianne, who are certainly smarter than I am. I will give a pass to Nukeman, who is smart and a good parent.

Posts and bails to church

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks Gabby, though I'm not nearly so smart as more well read. LOL! I don't think degrees matter all that much, other than as an example of as Nixon used to say, 'our iron butts.' They demonstrate the ability to follow through, that's all.

An equal assessment would be someone working on a year or more project and successfully bringing it to completion.

jimnyc
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I don't understand the whole big deal about "posting and bailing."

Not everyone has the time to sit on DP all day, posting crap and waiting for replies.

I realize that some of you are retired or otherwise non-employed, living off the government.

That'll win you respect!

And I call bullshit. If someone posts something controversial, and others ask for backup, or engage you in questions and such, one should be prepared to backup their words/posts. Not everyone spends the day here as you imply. I have made controversial posts and replies all the time - and even if I am gone for a week, I will look back to see if I need to answer questions. It's called intellectual honesty. And now you try to make fun of others to make a smoke screen for the crap you pull. But if I posted the actual garbage you spew 90% of the times, I suppose I would bail from certain threads and never look back either.

But, with that said - what IS it called when someone makes posts, solely to get a rise out of others, and then doesn't participate in said thread any longer?

And you want to criticize people for "living off of the government"? WHO specifically? And are they living off of the government, or maybe receiving payments they have earned? I'd like some backup for this statement, because it once again sounds like "make fun of the other person" to deflect attention away from yourself.

Your act is getting dull - you are NO better than anyone that posts here, just as I am no better than anyone here. Although I will debate you one on one on ANY subject and match wits or intelligence with you any day of the week. But since you have a glorious life and 9 jobs, I guess you wouldn't have time for me to make you look stupid.

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 02:28 PM
That'll win you respect!

And I call bullshit. If someone posts something controversial, and others ask for backup, or engage you in questions and such, one should be prepared to backup their words/posts. Not everyone spends the day here as you imply. I have made controversial posts and replies all the time - and even if I am gone for a week, I will look back to see if I need to answer questions. It's called intellectual honesty. And now you try to make fun of others to make a smoke screen for the crap you pull. But if I posted the actual garbage you spew 90% of the times, I suppose I would bail from certain threads and never look back either.

But, with that said - what IS it called when someone makes posts, solely to get a rise out of others, and then doesn't participate in said thread any longer?

And you want to criticize people for "living off of the government"? WHO specifically? And are they living off of the government, or maybe receiving payments they have earned? I'd like some backup for this statement, because it once again sounds like "make fun of the other person" to deflect attention away from yourself.

Your act is getting dull - you are NO better than anyone that posts here, just as I am no better than anyone here. Although I will debate you one on one on ANY subject and match wits or intelligence with you any day of the week. But since you have a glorious life and 9 jobs, I guess you wouldn't have time for me to make you look stupid.

This site like others, has a handy feature to show you the forums you've previously participated in. Granted, sometimes it's just a comment. I find it useful to click the 'replies' and find out what I said before, I then look to see if anyone responded to my posts. Not so hard.

Personally I take heart when I am the last poster on a thread, seems no one has anything to add. LOL!

jimnyc
11-25-2012, 02:32 PM
This site like others, has a handy feature to show you the forums you've previously participated in. Granted, sometimes it's just a comment. I find it useful to click the 'replies' and find out what I said before, I then look to see if anyone responded to my posts. Not so hard.

Personally I take heart when I am the last poster on a thread, seems no one has anything to add. LOL!

Yep, right across the navigation bar there is an option to view your recent threads/posts, takes mere seconds to pickup where you left off - unless you have no desire to, or never planned on doing so, or your intent from the outset was to get a rise out of others. And you know what, that's cool, others are guilty of the same offense at times. But don't blame others and then try and humiliate or make fun of them, as that has NOTHING to do with why someone comes back to reply or not. It was just another dig.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
That'll win you respect!

Gabby posts and bails because she knows most of her crap stinks and are lies, the other 2% is when she agrees with a smarter poster, which would be just about any other member here!-Tyr

Abbey Marie
11-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Sometimes I just want to make a point and move on. Other times I really want to engage in a debate/discussion. Both are valid behavior, imo. Just different. I draw the line with someone who regularly comes into a particular forum to stir the pot, then leaves.

aboutime
11-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Gabby posts and bails because she knows most of her crap stinks and are lies, the other 2% is when she agrees with a smarter poster, which would be just about any other member here!-Tyr

We should all take a step back, and recognize Gabby as BOTH people she wants us to believe, and think she is.

On one hand. She brags about being so much more superior to everyone else here. Brags about how comfortable she claims her life is, kinda like Rubbing it in everybody's face.

Then she turns the other side of her face, and begins speaking from the other side of her mouth, putting down the very same people she claims to be...on one hand, but sounds terribly unhappy, miserable, tired, and useless....complaining about all of the jobs she MUST do...and daring to TAKE TIME out of her Lousy, Pretend Schedule to.....COME HERE and pretend to be something she will never be.

As in Eligible to even Like Being Gabby.

aboutime
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Sometimes I just want to make a point and move on. Other times I really want to engage in a debate/discussion. Both are valid behavior, imo. Just different. I draw the line with someone who regularly comes into a particular forum to stir the pot, then leaves.

Abbey. I agree with you. However. When I do try to further engage some. I get scolded for doing so.
Kinda SIX OF ONE, HALF DOZEN OF THE OTHER.

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 03:10 PM

I agree. I do wish Gabby would be more of a return to her own pot stirs, it would lend credibility if she could defend. Perhaps I've missed some, but not seen any.

gabosaurus
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM

It's not called "intellectual honesty." It's called "remembering when and where you post." Which I don't a lot.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. I might think you post trash 90 percent of the time. It depends on which side of the fence you post from.

Baiting perhaps? Throwing out red meat looking for the animals to circle?
I might say all I have to say in my original thread. If others wish to discuss (or, more likely, attack) what I have to say, so be it.

And are they living off of the government, or maybe receiving payments they have earned? I'd like some backup for this statement, because it once again sounds like "make fun of the other person" to deflect attention away from yourself.

Payments you have earned -- aren't those otherwise known as "entitlements?" Don't pensions and social security quality as entitlements?

My "act" never gets dull. You just don't appreciate it like you should
Never said I was better than anyone else. Just smarter. :cool:
I am not a good debater. I have always admitted to such.
I do have a glorious and blessed life. I am thankful for such.
There is no way you can make me look stupid.

aboutime
11-25-2012, 07:08 PM
It's not called "intellectual honesty." It's called "remembering when and where you post." Which I don't a lot.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. I might think you post trash 90 percent of the time. It depends on which side of the fence you post from.

Baiting perhaps? Throwing out red meat looking for the animals to circle?
I might say all I have to say in my original thread. If others wish to discuss (or, more likely, attack) what I have to say, so be it.

Payments you have earned -- aren't those otherwise known as "entitlements?" Don't pensions and social security quality as entitlements?

My "act" never gets dull. You just don't appreciate it like you should
Never said I was better than anyone else. Just smarter. :cool:
I am not a good debater. I have always admitted to such.
I do have a glorious and blessed life. I am thankful for such.

That's your problem Gabby. Your act cannot be appreciated when you constantly attempt your lame adventures with rhetoric, and semantics, based on condescending snobbery.

jimnyc
11-25-2012, 07:09 PM

You just did that for yourself. Of course you couldn't name the people you were trying to make fun of, so your stupidity in making baseless claims about others is noted. If you're going to personally attack people, have the courage to name them and have the decency to backup said personal attacks.

gabosaurus
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
You just did that for yourself. Of course you couldn't name the people you were trying to make fun of, so your stupidity in making baseless claims about others is noted. If you're going to personally attack people, have the courage to name them and have the decency to backup said personal attacks.

What makes you think I had anyone specific in mind? I have no idea who sits here (or anywhere) all day because they are retired or unemployed.
If I ever feel like personally attacking someone, I will be sure to name them. I have done so in the past.

jimnyc
11-25-2012, 07:19 PM

What makes you think I had anyone specific in mind? I have no idea who sits here (or anywhere) all day because they are retired or unemployed.
If I ever feel like personally attacking someone, I will be sure to name them. I have done so in the past.

Please, just like when you implied RSR should have been aborted. You were trying to imply others are here all day because they are living off of the government. So you are simply making broad brushed statements to anyone you hope will be offended.

gabosaurus
11-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Please, just like when you implied RSR should have been aborted. You were trying to imply others are here all day because they are living off of the government. So you are simply making broad brushed statements to anyone you hope will be offended.

I never implied that RSR should have been aborted. You (and a few others) merely chose to interpret it that way. I only wanted to point out that if RSR's parents would have been liberal and pro-choice, he might look at things in a much different way.
My mom is as liberal as they come, but she doesn't believe in abortion. Liberals tend to be a lot more open minded about a lot of things.

A lot of people live off the government. Including my mom, who receives a nice pension package for having worked for the same school system for 25 years. If my mom read the internet (which she doesn't), she would be included in my broad brushed statement.
If you receive a military pension or social security, you are living off the government. That should be construed as "offensive" by anyone.

jimnyc
11-25-2012, 07:53 PM
I wish you lived in my neck of the woods so that I could teach my dogs to pee on your leg.

aboutime
11-25-2012, 08:00 PM
I wish you lived in my neck of the woods so that I could teach my dogs to pee on your leg.

jimnyc. If you taught your dogs to pee on her leg. She'd just try to convince herself...IT'S JUST RAINING.

jimnyc
11-25-2012, 08:08 PM
jimnyc. If you taught your dogs to pee on her leg. She'd just try to convince herself...IT'S JUST RAINING.

Truth be told, I've already taught my dogs to be little perverts, they would more likely try to pull her top off or look up her skirt! :coffee:

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I had a dog sit on my foot today, not so comfortable for the dog as I could recon. However, the owner told me that he does that, to animals he's attracted to. Luckily I was out of there pretty quickly. ;)

Missileman
11-25-2012, 08:21 PM
If you receive a military pension or social security, you are living off the government.

Really? Do you consider an active duty soldier who draws a paycheck "living off the government"? You can take trying to equate military retirement and second, third, or fourth generation welfare recipients and stick it straight up your arse.

jimnyc
11-25-2012, 08:22 PM
I had a dog sit on my foot today, not so comfortable for the dog as I could recon. However, the owner told me that he does that, to animals he's attracted to. Luckily I was out of there pretty quickly. ;)

Be happy it wasn't my little 25lb Pug, when he "humps" he wraps his front legs all the way around and holds on for dear life, there's no getting away - unless you have food. He's more of a pig than he is a perv.

gabosaurus
11-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Really? Do you consider an active duty soldier who draws a paycheck "living off the government"? You can take trying to equate military retirement and second, third, or fourth generation welfare recipients and stick it straight up your arse.

Active duty is not retired. Welfare is not the same as drawing a pension or social security.
Military retirement is the same as any of type of retirement.

Drummond
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM

If you don't have anyone specific in mind, then what you're describing is a more generalised approach.

Does that conform to the act of debate, as most would regard it (which is, of course, why forums such as this exist in the first place) ? Or .. is it more reminiscent of a troll mentality ?

Missileman
11-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Active duty is not retired. Welfare is not the same as drawing a pension or social security.
Military retirement is the same as any of type of retirement.

You're the one who made the bullshit statement that those who draw a military pension (AKA miltary retiree) or drawing social security are living off the government. Newsflash! In both of those cases, the check recipients earned what they get every month. You tried to equate them with the slugs who actually do live off the government (AKA, on the dole) and I called you on it. In the case of military, think of it as deferred compensation for working for shitty pay, working shitty hours, in shitty places, in a lot of cases for shitty bosses and often in shitty conditions, far away from loved ones for months or years at a time, often in life threatening circumstances. Before you start trying to drag down the military, I suggest you drag your ass down to a recruiter and sign up for a hitch.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-25-2012, 11:33 PM
If you don't have anyone specific in mind, then what you're describing is a more generalised approach.

Does that conform to the act of debate, as most would regard it (which is, of course, why forums such as this exist in the first place) ? Or .. is it more reminiscent of a troll mentality ?

More like troll mentality with a healthy dose of arrogance because she is so much smarter than everybody here.:rolleyes:
The fact that many of her posts show that exactly the opposite is true means nothing in her little liberal fantasy world.
Only liberals are "enlightened" , dont ya know?--;)--Tyr

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
You're the one who made the bullshit statement that those who draw a military pension (AKA miltary retiree) or drawing social security are living off the government. Newsflash! In both of those cases, the check recipients earned what they get every month. You tried to equate them with the slugs who actually do live off the government (AKA, on the dole) and I called you on it. In the case of military, think of it as deferred compensation for working for shitty pay, working shitty hours, in shitty places, in a lot of cases for shitty bosses and often in shitty conditions, far away from loved ones for months or years at a time, often in life threatening circumstances. Before you start trying to drag down the military, I suggest you drag your ass down to a recruiter and sign up for a hitch.

Everyone who gets a pension or social security earned what they got. That is why I specifically stated that, in many cases, living off the government is not a bad thing. A pension is a pension.
I never compared retirement benefits to other benefits such as welfare or food stamps.
No one is "dragging down the military." Everybody's job is important. If you work for 30 or 40 years and pay into a system, you deserve the benefits you earned when you retire. No matter what kind of job that you did.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Everyone who gets a pension or social security earned what they got. That is why I specifically stated that, in many cases, living off the government is not a bad thing. A pension is a pension.
I never compared retirement benefits to other benefits such as welfare or food stamps.
No one is "dragging down the military." Everybody's job is important. If you work for 30 or 40 years and pay into a system, you deserve the benefits you earned when you retire. No matter what kind of job that you did.

Now the little bird chirps a different song. After being called on her liberal minded crap.. :laugh2:
Backpeddled so fast that her wheels are smoking! -:laugh:--Tyr

Missileman
11-26-2012, 11:52 AM

My argument is that drawing a pension that was earned is no more living off the government than getting paid by the government while on active duty. There are definitely people living off the government, military retirees and social security recipients aren't among them IMO.

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 11:56 AM
My argument is that drawing a pension that was earned is no more living off the government than getting paid by the government while on active duty. There are definitely people living off the government, military retirees and social security recipients aren't among them IMO.

To me, it is all a matter of semantics. If you get a check from the government each month, and it is your primary means of subsistence, you are technically living off the government.

Now pardon me while I bail for a 9 a.m. meeting.

Missileman
11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
To me, it is all a matter of semantics. If you get a check from the government each month, and it is your primary means of subsistence, you are technically living off the government.

Now pardon me while I bail for a 9 a.m. meeting.

They are living off the fruits of their labor, period!

aboutime
11-26-2012, 01:38 PM

Missileman. Not according to the Liberally, Mentally challenged Liberals like Gabby.

I've been through this argument so many times over the last twenty years. It has become boring, having to repeat the answers to BRAINLESS Gotcha Contestants who couldn't fight their way out of WET PAPER BAGS.

Let it go. Gabby is just representative of the JAMIE FOXX crowd, who honestly believe Obama is their SAVIOR, and MESSIAH.

Let them think whatever they want.

I look forward to April 15th next year, and to 2014. When all of the Obama Idiots finally GET what they asked for as the largest portion of OBAMACARE goes into effect. And then...we'll all see what a DEPRESSION looked like....FIRST HAND, and IN PERSON.

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM

Don't all retired people live off the fruits of their labor?

aboutime
11-26-2012, 04:58 PM

Yes Gabby. And unlike that growing number of Government Dependent Americans the Obama gang is so proud of. Those of us who are living off the fruits of our labors...ACTUALLY DID EARN IT. No need to expect a handout when the contract agreed to said 20 or more years, in return for a Retirement check.

tailfins
11-26-2012, 04:59 PM

Unless they are living off SSDI disability.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:03 PM

Yes, but you made them separate. Retired AND then those living off of the government. The implication was as clear as day to me, being cute and trying to say that some have time to sit here all day, instead of working, as they are living off the government. Sure, there are some who are retired, who ARE NOT living off of the government, and other than that, I honestly don't know of a single person who is a member here "living off the government". That statement clearly means someone getting money for free, or it wouldn't be "off the government".

I understand though, you put your foot in your mouth so often that the taste must really be getting to you. :coffee:

aboutime
11-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Yes, but you made them separate. Retired AND then those living off of the government. The implication was as clear as day to me, being cute and trying to say that some have time to sit here all day, instead of working, as they are living off the government. Sure, there are some who are retired, who ARE NOT living off of the government, and other than that, I honestly don't know of a single person who is a member here "living off the government". That statement clearly means someone getting money for free, or it wouldn't be "off the government".

I understand though, you put your foot in your mouth so often that the taste must really be getting to you. :coffee:

Here jimnyc. This is for Gabby. Hope it helps her get the picture....4077

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 05:15 PM

"Otherwise non-employed" meaning those who are disabled or otherwise unable to work. Some people are "retired" involuntarily.
If someone in their 20's or 30's is disable, either by injury or some other disability, would you refer to them as freeloaders?

I meant what I meant. If you are retired or unable to work, and you get a check from the government, they are providing your means of living. It is not the same as getting something for nothing. It is getting a return for your life of employment by someone.

If you want to be combative, or pick a fight, feel free to do so. I think you are intentionally misinterpreting what I say in your own manner in order to be combative.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
If you want to be combative, or pick a fight, feel free to do so. I think you are intentionally misinterpreting what I say in your own manner in order to be combative.

Ok, let's fight then, bitch! What subject this time?

aboutime
11-26-2012, 05:24 PM
"Otherwise non-employed" meaning those who are disabled or otherwise unable to work. Some people are "retired" involuntarily.
If someone in their 20's or 30's is disable, either by injury or some other disability, would you refer to them as freeloaders?

I meant what I meant. If you are retired or unable to work, and you get a check from the government, they are providing your means of living. It is not the same as getting something for nothing. It is getting a return for your life of employment by someone.

jimnyc: IMAGINE THAT! Gabby accusing someone of being combative. Here?

Guess Gabby really doesn't, ever bother reading her own posts.

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Ok, let's fight then, bitch! What subject this time?

I didn't say pick a fight with me. Go pick a fight with someone else.
It's like my dad used to say: Children fight. Adults settle their differences.
Everything negative said to you should be like water off a duck's back.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I didn't say pick a fight with me. Go pick a fight with someone else.
It's like my dad used to say: Children fight. Adults settle their differences.
Everything negative said to you should be like water off a duck's back.

Yes, I planned on settling our differences by kicking your ass in any subject. And I do pick fights with others, only some of them have a fighting chance. You're down to a deteriorating brain which has little squirrels and/or hamsters running the show, and even those little bastards are drunk or otherwise defective. Would that be considered a handicap? :)

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I do think Robert needs to return to his thread:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?37888-Be-better-educated-lay-off-teachers

One can say that there were issues one was unaware of. Telling you right now, if I get into home building or financing, I'm going to go down as a no nothing, because I don't.

red states rule
11-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Seems to me Gabby does have a lot more time now to post since her guy won the election, and her comments have become even more snarky as well. I am sure it is just a coincidence however

taft2012
11-27-2012, 07:25 AM
I attended the University of California at Berkeley, where I do have two degrees. It is a job requirement.

Some professions require that you be intelligent. Others don't have that requirement and give you the leeway to be less than intelligent.

I am smarter than many people.

Long ago I had a teacher in high school, who gave us this demonstration that I've never forgotten:

Teacher: OK everyone, repeat after me; 'Unga bunga bunga!"
Class (confused): Unga bunga bunga
Teacher: Unga bunga binga!
Class: Unga bunga binga
Teacher: Unga bunga bunga!
Class: Unga bunga bunga
Teacher: OK, you can all have your diplomas now. Because that is all high school is... you just have to show an ability to hear and absorb what your teachers tell you and be able to repeat it back to them. When you get to college you will find a totally different standard. You will have to explain on your own why something is unga bunga bunga and not unga bunga binga.

How right was my teacher.

.... unless one of us went on to a university that sacrificed critical thinking for ideologies, such as political correctness for instance. Gabby went to Berkeley..... is it really any wonder she can't articulate a position beyond the point of "unga bunga bunga"?

Gabby is essentially a liberal lab rat. All of her higher education consisted of mouthing back liberal platitudes to liberal professors, who conditioned her with rewards of food pellets.

When lab rats are released into the wild they can not defend themselves. Nor can Gabby. She comes in here and proclaims "Unga bunga bunga!" and leaves, because she was never taught the importance of being able to articulate why something is "unga bunga bunga" and not "unga bunga binga". To her, people who ask for explanations are stupid and uneducated.

In Gabby's world, truly intelligent and educated people know that blind unquestioning acceptance of ideologies presented by pipe-smoking professors with elbow patches is ultimate indicator of brilliance.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Long ago I had a teacher in high school, who gave us this demonstration that I've never forgotten:

Teacher: OK everyone, repeat after me; 'Unga bunga bunga!"
Class (confused): Unga bunga bunga
Teacher: Unga bunga binga!
Class: Unga bunga binga
Teacher: Unga bunga bunga!
Class: Unga bunga bunga
Teacher: OK, you can all have your diplomas now. Because that is all high school is... you just have to show an ability to hear and absorb what your teachers tell you and be able to repeat it back to them. When you get to college you will find a totally different standard. You will have to explain on your own why something is unga bunga bunga and not unga bunga binga.

How right was my teacher.

.... unless one of us went on to a university that sacrificed critical thinking for ideologies, such as political correctness for instance. Gabby went to Berkeley..... is it really any wonder she can't articulate a position beyond the point of "unga bunga bunga"?

Gabby is essentially a liberal lab rat. All of her higher education consisted of mouthing back liberal platitudes to liberal professors, who conditioned her with rewards of food pellets.

When lab rats are released into the wild they can not defend themselves. Nor can Gabby. She comes in here and proclaims "Unga bunga bunga!" and leaves, because she was never taught the importance of being able to articulate why something is "unga bunga bunga" and not "unga bunga binga". To her, people who ask for explanations are stupid and uneducated.

In Gabby's world, truly intelligent and educated people know that blind unquestioning acceptance of ideologies presented by pipe-smoking professors with elbow patches is ultimate indicator of brilliance.

I believe Gabby must have learned "bunka bunka bunka" because about 85% of what she posts is pure bunk. :laugh: -Tyr

SassyLady
11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
I never implied that RSR should have been aborted. You (and a few others) merely chose to interpret it that way. I only wanted to point out that if RSR's parents would have been liberal and pro-choice, he might look at things in a much different way.
My mom is as liberal as they come, but she doesn't believe in abortion. Liberals tend to be a lot more open minded about a lot of things.

A lot of people live off the government. Including my mom, who receives a nice pension package for having worked for the same school system for 25 years. If my mom read the internet (which she doesn't), she would be included in my broad brushed statement.
If you receive a military pension or social security, you are living off the government. That should be construed as "offensive" by anyone.

Gabby, you are wrong to imply people collecting pensions are "living off the government". People who collect food stamps, get free medical, etc. are living off the government. People who are collecting social security and/or pensions FROM the government are merely collecting what they earned through their hard labor throughout the years. Surely, even you, with your two degrees, can see the difference between "living OFF the government" and "collecting earned benefits".

SassyLady
11-27-2012, 12:21 PM

Gabby, under your definition of "living OFF the government", that would make President Clinton a scumbag, right. You know, just sitting around collecting tax dollars ..... living off the government because he's collecting a pension and getting free medical care. Oh, and probably collecting social security benefits too .... what a low life scumbag he is.

jimnyc
11-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Gabby, you are wrong to imply people collecting pensions are "living off the government". People who collect food stamps, get free medical, etc. are living off the government. People who are collecting social security and/or pensions FROM the government are merely collecting what they earned through their hard labor throughout the years. Surely, even you, with your two degrees, can see the difference between "living OFF the government" and "collecting earned benefits".

Yeap, she tried to take a dig at unknown others again, trying to make it sound as if unknowns were sitting here because they are living off the government. But as per usual, when called on it, she turns them pedals faster in reverse than most do forward.

gabosaurus
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM

I have said that all along. But like I said before, it is all a matter of semantics.
When you refer collectively to those who are "not earning income," you inadvertently place together both groups. Which was my point all along.
There are able bodied people who, rather than admit that they don't work, say "I get a check from the government." They are NOT collecting earned benefits. I pointed this out earlier. But they are not technically wrong in saying so.
You can either follow the discussion, or you can argue about specific points.

jimnyc
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Did ya'll know that Gabby could sing? LOL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nauLgZISozs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gabosaurus
11-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Jim, you need to gather your fig leaf and go back to the nudity thread. :p

SassyLady
11-27-2012, 12:37 PM
I have said that all along. But like I said before, it is all a matter of semantics.
When you refer collectively to those who are "not earning income," you inadvertently place together both groups. Which was my point all along.
There are able bodied people who, rather than admit that they don't work, say "I get a check from the government." They are NOT collecting earned benefits. I pointed this out earlier. But they are not technically wrong in saying so.
You can either follow the discussion, or you can argue about specific points.

Gabby, you made an inference that you can't answer every response to posts you make because YOU, unlike others on this forum, have a job and don't sit around living OFF the government.

Gabby,

I am not currently employed. I am on disability ... LTD .... being paid to me through insurance policy premiums I and my employer paid for. However, the first year was paid to me through my state goverbment .... short term disability.... which was also paid for through SDI insurance that has been taken out of my check for the last 40 years. I feel that when one pays for an insurance policy ... even if that insurance was paid to the government, and one is now collecting on that insurance policy ... one is not "living OFF the government".

I also am collecting a pension from the DOD ... from earned benefits. I don't see that as "living OFF the government". When I start collecting my social security I don't see that as "living OFF the government" because I've been paying into that for over 45 years.

Can you not see how you using the term "OFF THE GOVERNMENT" is a disgusting term to use for those of us who are not freeloading OFF the government.

When you retire from the teacher's union and start collecting your pension check are you going to see yourself as "living OFF the government"?

As I've mentioned to you before, if you truly took the time to think about the "semantics" of what you say here, on this board, before you just do your drive-by postings, you might not been so "misunderstood".

aboutime
11-27-2012, 01:34 PM
We can all solve this stupid Gabby problem at a fitting time, prior to Christmas.

Let's all get together and donate our BROOMS to the Gabby Foundation.

Address everything here on DebatePolicy by clicking on this.....4080 4081