PDA

View Full Version : Win and Lose and Win

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
A pity party post, along with an "I'm sometimes lucky at the weirdest times post."

Most of you know I've hit hard times, very hard times. Pretty interesting being in late 50's, underemployed, without healthcare, and 1/3 of previously low-moderate income. Oh yeah, the lifelong issue of being functionally deaf.

This week has been interesting. One district closed the entire week, the other went to school Monday and Tuesday. No work. Just before the holidays, crap! 3rd year of this.

At the end of last week, I got a call from the daughter of one of my best friends, her company was looking for someone to train as an auditor, no phones! I sent my resume that day. Over qualified. "We're concerned we would pay for training and she'd take the training elsewhere." Egads. The assumption that someone with less experience or education wouldn't do the same? In actuality I'm less likely to do so. Handicap and age.

Then there is the short sale of my home. Offer from back in Feb of 2012, within $8k of what is owed. Still waiting for the bank to act. Good news, seems after the last court appearance, they are getting serious and sent out a guy for 'field inspection.' Problem is, they didn't let me know. I can't hear knocking or doorbell. With a phone call, I'll be there. i found his note on the front door.

Now if I'd had a phone call, I'd have said, "Can we make it 3 days from now?" Last New Year's, my friend, (mother of the daughter that tried to help me with job as auditor), was sitting at dining room table and her elbow hit her 1/3 full cup of coffee. It spilled and sent multi droplets across my new carpeting. With this 'field inspection' the time for carpet cleaning had arrived.

So this morning called the friend and said, "I've got to rent a 'Rug Doctor Rents' don't have a credit card, I'll pay, but can you come and rent it?

Her daughter's inlaws have the home version. Went and picked it up this morning. No hassles on getting it back in 24 hours, can keep for whenever. Finished the downstairs already. Looks great. I planned on buying the shampoo and other stuff, no. They gave it too me. Saved over $100 today and rugs look good!

fj1200
11-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Then there is the short sale of my home. Offer from back in Feb of 2012, within $8k of what is owed. Still waiting for the bank to act. Good news...

Good luck with that. It seems to be the biggest hold on any future options for you.

Kathianne
11-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Good luck with that. It seems to be the biggest hold on any future options for you.

It's very difficult. However I'll call tomorrow and ask for the inspector's number, to set a time. Then I can be ready for him.