PDA

View Full Version : The truth about the Koran, from a former Muslim

Marcus Aurelius
11-26-2012, 08:27 AM
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/september/ex-muslim-speaks-out-about-the-koran-dilemma/

Al Fadi, a Saudi native, said it's no coincidence that a majority of the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia... "If Islam has to prosper, be the superior religion, then certain steps must be taken by its followers, including spreading Islam at any cost, including the sword and killing any opposition," he said.

These days al Fadi, which is a pseudonym, lives in the West. He also left Islam for Christianity, a move that would bring a death sentence in his native country.

According to Fadi, life under Islam is much different than the whitewashed version often presented by the Western media and Muslim pressure groups... "It is basically a proscriptive demand found in the Koran when it comes to jihad - killing the infidels, spreading Islam until there is no other religion on earth except the religion of Allah," Fadi explained.

"You cannot stand against the religion, you cannot critique the prophet or the teaching of the Koran, and you cannot leave the religion because you're not free to do so," Fadi said. "There is no equality between genders, there is no equality between people of other faiths."

Fadi experienced this belief system firsthand growing up in Saudi Arabia, Mohammed's birthplace. He was a radical Wahhabi Muslim who knew members of the bin Laden family.

As a young man, Fadi wanted to follow in Osama bin Laden's footsteps and take on Soviets in Afghanistan.

"I was willing to go fight and die. And then that opportunity didn't take place," Fadi recalled.
That's when he decided to attend college in the West - in the very backyard of his sworn enemies. Fadi planned to promote Islam to anyone who would listen.

But a funny thing happened along the way. For the first time in his life, Fadi actually met and spent time with Christians.

"Basically, the more I met people who follow Christ, the more I realized that they are distinct and unique in their character. They're kind, they're patient, they're loving, they have moral values, they don't look at others with hatred," he recalled.

Before long, Fadi was ready to do what had once been unthinkable: to accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.

Fadi wants to bring these bitter truths about Islam's holiest book to a Western audience. Like other former Muslims, he's written a book called 'The Qur'an Dilemma.' (http://www.amazon.com/Quran-Dilemma-English/dp/1935577034/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315845131&sr=1-2)
You should read his book, Jafar.

aboutime
11-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Marcus. Thank you for posting that very interesting, exposure.

I see discussions like this similar, in many ways to the intentionally disrupted, always cut-off conversations about Race, Racists, and Racism here in the United States.

Any attempts to honestly discuss, or find ways to remove the obvious hatred buried behind the Koran, being Muslim, or those directed at Black Americans in order to have a civil conversation....almost always ends in either Declarations of RACISM, or as in the Muslim condition. A Death blow against Non-believers.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Propaganda and lies, all from a website that solely wants to smear Islam! Oh, wait, never mind, I'm not Jafar! :)

Marcus Aurelius
11-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Propaganda and lies, all from a website that solely wants to smear Islam! Oh, wait, never mind, I'm not Jafar! :)

that will most likely be his response... a general 'that's not true', as opposed to actually trying to argue the point and post supporting information from credible sources.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Sia graduated a university in Iran and was a teacher there. Due to a heart condition, he got approval to depart Iran and go to Germany. As much as Americans love to cite the German health system, for Sia it was not worth much. He had to get a visa to come to America. Here he got his heart problem fixed.

Anyway, he was one of the clowns burning American flags and screaming on TV down with America during the hostage crisis during Carter.

Once he got to America, he violated his visa and had to go underground as it were.

I think it was due to the Reagan illegal alien Amnesty program that he was able to become a citizen.

When I met him in the early 90s, he was still a muslim.

Today he is a Catholic.

When he told me he had changed religions, I wanted to be sure he had. I figured if I asked him the right question, he could be smoked out.

I asked Sia

"Sia, is the Muslim religion a violent religion?"

He said, YES.

I won't go into why he became a Catholic but devoted Muslims won't claim they are Catholics.

He was able to go back to Iran on occassion and he would tell me the history of that country as well as how he had to evade the leaders goons to enjoy some small amount of freedom when there.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 04:10 PM
I had a conversation with my buddy a little while ago, who is from Jordan. He is Sunni. I asked him whether or not Shiites were a part of Islam and his initial response was no. Then he lectured me for about 20 minutes about why they hate one another and how Shia doesn't properly follow the Quran and what not. I then prodded him further, and asked why they were labeled Muslims and Islamic, and he stuttered a tad. I wanted to know that if they weren't Islam, what were they. He said Shiite. So then I said he was Sunni and not a part of Islam and he said Sunni is Islam. I then showed him several websites showing the amount of Shiites throughout the world and how they are considered part of Islam. I then showed him some Islamic based websites showing them to be a part of Islam. He eventually relented, and said that they were born Muslims but don't follow the religion properly, so therefore they are not part of Islam. In other words, they have major disagreements within the religion, and therefore, as I alluded to earlier, are cast aside and told they are not Islam.

I was only able to text my buddy from Iran, and I asked him if Sunni were part of Islam. He replied "Of course, why?". I just told him I would go into it more later this evening when he is working.

I suppose it would be akin to Catholics telling other believers of Christ that they follow the religion differently and wrong in their opinion, therefore they are no longer counted.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I had a conversation with my buddy a little while ago, who is from Jordan. He is Sunni. I asked him whether or not Shiites were a part of Islam and his initial response was no. Then he lectured me for about 20 minutes about why they hate one another and how Shia doesn't properly follow the Quran and what not. I then prodded him further, and asked why they were labeled Muslims and Islamic, and he stuttered a tad. I wanted to know that if they weren't Islam, what were they. He said Shiite. So then I said he was Sunni and not a part of Islam and he said Sunni is Islam. I then showed him several websites showing the amount of Shiites throughout the world and how they are considered part of Islam. I then showed him some Islamic based websites showing them to be a part of Islam. He eventually relented, and said that they were born Muslims but don't follow the religion properly, so therefore they are not part of Islam. In other words, they have major disagreements within the religion, and therefore, as I alluded to earlier, are cast aside and told they are not Islam.

I was only able to text my buddy from Iran, and I asked him if Sunni were part of Islam. He replied "Of course, why?". I just told him I would go into it more later this evening when he is working.

I suppose it would be akin to Catholics telling other believers of Christ that they follow the religion differently and wrong in their opinion, therefore they are no longer counted.

I got into that bit over Sunni Vs Shiite too with Sia.

Sia said our media portrays them as against each other.

While they do differ a bit in doctrine, he says they don't fight each other over doctrine.

Since he came from Iran, he was a Shiite when he was a Muslim. He never could understand why in America, we presume they are against each other. They are against us.

We don't need to talk if they are against each other since we are their target.

Marcus Aurelius
11-26-2012, 10:05 PM
wonder where Jafar is in this thread???

jafar00
11-26-2012, 11:56 PM
wonder where Jafar is in this thread???

What do you want me to say to contribute? Are you making all these threads just for little 'ole me? How sweet.

11-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Wouldn't it be wiser if we read the book for ourselves so we don't have to rely on what others say about it to form our opinions on the matter?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Wouldn't it be wiser if we read the book for ourselves so we don't have to rely on what others say about it to form our opinions on the matter?

Or one could use google to study its history(violence past and present) , its commandments and its goal. After a good study of that the conclusion is its a quasi paramilitary/political /religious movement that embraces all three elements with strict discipline and total intolerance of any criticism. -Tyr

Trigg
11-29-2012, 08:00 PM
My son goes to school with a few Saudi's. Most are Sunni and apparently one is Shia and has not told the other Saudi's what he is.

It's very interresting to listen to my son discuss his conversations with the Shia. I suppose it's a kin to how some people used to regard Catholics and other Christian religions.

Larrymc
11-29-2012, 09:38 PM
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/september/ex-muslim-speaks-out-about-the-koran-dilemma/

You should read his book, Jafar.i firmly believe they are doing the same thing they have done in other country's, and that is be peaceful until there numbers are high enough, and use our on Freedoms against us, quietly undermine the prominent religion in this country, which the immoral, deviants and the spoiled do what fells good crowd will do most of the work for them, those and Obama have furthered there cause greatly, it will take something drastic to turn it around now, not sure there is enough left in this country that will take a stand,

Kathianne
11-29-2012, 09:45 PM

The deal though with Islam, it's not only the Koran, but all the other writings too. As one can see, Jafar isn't saying, "Stick to the Koran", no, he's saying, "Interpretation of peripheral readings is wrong, hijacked!"

11-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Would any of us who believe the Bible take seriously an article titled: "The Truth about the Bible, from a former Christian"? Or would we immediately be suspicious of the intent of the article and its accuracy?

11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
The deal though with Islam, it's not only the Koran, but all the other writings too. As one can see, Jafar isn't saying, "Stick to the Koran", no, he's saying, "Interpretation of peripheral readings is wrong, hijacked!"

I know. It just seems to me that too many of us in today's society are looking to the interpretations of others rather then finding things out for ourselves. I'd like to see more people read things for themselves and reach their own conclusions.

Kathianne
11-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Would any of us who believe the Bible take seriously an article titled: "The Truth about the Bible, from a former Christian"? Or would we immediately be suspicious of the intent of the article and its accuracy?

Good point, for those of evangelical persuasion. Many of the rest of us are skeptics by nature. Probably why were not in a camp of Christians or Muslims, unless we are put there.

aboutime
11-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Good point, for those of evangelical persuasion. Many of the rest of us are skeptics by nature. Probably why were not in a camp of Christians or Muslims, unless we are put there.

Kathianne. In many ways. I see that kind of information almost like someone telling me how they think...I should live my life, according to their beliefs, and recommendations.

My response to anyone like that has always been. "The only people I allow to run my life are those who will, unquestionably, agree to forever pay all of my bills!"

Otherwise. I listen, but that's all.

Larrymc
11-30-2012, 07:59 AM
The deal though with Islam, it's not only the Koran, but all the other writings too. As one can see, Jafar isn't saying, "Stick to the Koran", no, he's saying, "Interpretation of peripheral readings is wrong, hijacked!"i admit i haven't wasted my time reading it, i have seen enough in the news to convince me that it dangerous, and that its followers or loyal, and the hundreds of thousands who live here peaceably will change instance if there religion takes control, it also fits the religion that will be in control that the Bible talks about in the end times

darin
11-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I guess I don't care about the Koran. I don't care what people think it teaches. I only care how folks behave themselves, individually. I've met Muslims who absolutely, as betrayed by their spirit, know God more than some christian pastors i've met.

Larrymc
11-30-2012, 08:37 AM
I guess I don't care about the Koran. I don't care what people think it teaches. I only care how folks behave themselves, individually. I've met Muslims who absolutely, as betrayed by their spirit, know God more than some christian pastors i've met.like i said before, i think some come here and enjoy our freedom and or peaceable, but that will change if there religion takes control because they know all to well what that means

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-30-2012, 08:40 AM
...... Many of the rest of us are skeptics by nature. Probably why were not in a camp of Christians or Muslims, unless we are put there.

You are far more likely to be put into a real camp for "sentencing" by the muslims than ever by any Christians.
Just sayin'..--Tyr