PDA

View Full Version : Check out our newest Interview

Abbey Marie
11-26-2012, 03:06 PM
It's Jim's interview of our friend across the pond, Drummond. (In the forum called "Member Interviews", oddly enough).

To our newer members: If you haven't seen them, I wanted to mention that there are a lot of interesting interviews in that forum. It is a good way to get to know some of our longer-time members as well

ETA: Great interview!

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Additionally, if you want to volunteer to be interviewed, or recommend someone, post here and I'll see if we can work it out!

tailfins
11-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Additionally, if you want to volunteer to be interviewed, or recommend someone, post here and I'll see if we can work it out!

With all the nutcases and stalkers online, I wonder if it's a good idea to reveal information that could narrow it down who you are and let people find you.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 03:55 PM
With all the nutcases and stalkers online, I wonder if it's a good idea to reveal information that could narrow it down who you are and let people find you.

Well, as you can see from most interviews, no one is revealing enough for that to happen, save a few like Darin and myself. You can read the interview "Drummond" just gave and not have a clue about where he is currently, what his real name is or anything else. And like I tell everyone I interview, all questions are 100% optional and we can skip anything they are uncomfortable with. I would never expect anyone to reveal too much information or anything they feel violates their circle of privacy. And anyone that would still be nervous, I'd be more than happy to tailor all the questions 100% away from person things. I only ask some of that stuff to mix things up and learn more about people. In my experience, members tend to be friendlier and kinder to others the more they get to know them.

Drummond
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM

Anyone taking part can just answer what they want to answer. The extent to which you want to reveal any information about yourself is under your control.

I recommend these interviews .. I was happy with my own !

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I found them useful and enjoyed them.

I feel quite at home here and that is a sign the host is awesome.

tailfins
11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I found them useful and enjoyed them.

I feel quite at home here and that is a sign the host is awesome.

You're one of the nutcases I'm worried about stalking me. :laugh: :2up:

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 05:10 PM
You're one of the nutcases I'm worried about stalking me. :laugh: :2up:

It is not my doing that you are batshit paranoid.

I see you took this as a chance to insult and taunt.

Who did you vote for?

Also, I am 74 and you fear me?

ROFLMAO

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:12 PM
It is not my doing that you are batshit paranoid.

I see you took this as a chance to insult and taunt.

Who did you vote for?

I think he was just yanking your chain aka not being serious.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Jimmy, the crap spewed by Tail Fins got your thanks?

Do you agree with him as your thanks seems to imply?

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Also, I am 74 and you fear me?

I think you may have set the record for our oldest member. God Bless You!! :salute: :beer:

And I mean that respectfully, it's nice to have members around that have lived through times before me, and give some first hand accounts of things instead of us reading about them.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Jimmy, the crap spewed by Tail Fins got your thanks?

Do you agree with him as your thanks seems to imply?

Not if he was serious, I thanked his post as I thought he was trying to be funny. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly apologize, but I still think he was being funny.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 05:25 PM
I think you may have set the record for our oldest member. God Bless You!! :salute: :beer:

And I mean that respectfully, it's nice to have members around that have lived through times before me, and give some first hand accounts of things instead of us reading about them.

Jim

When I was 8, I saw a 12 year old as pretty grown up. Don't know why now. LOL
When I was young, I did think .... suppose I live till 2000.

I would then be 62 and in my family I figured that might be the end of me.

Back then, as I wondered, Polio was not yet cured.

I remember WWII pretty well for a kid of that age for a couple reasons.

My uncles were in that war. We lost one uncle in Korea. I remember my parents ration stamps.

Few today realize that the way FDR held down inflation was both stamps for products and there was next to nothing over the basics to buy. The country spent it all on war.

I argue that FDR did not cure the depression and that all war did was destroy countries who we then could sell to. Soldiers have a hard time in combat spending money so the money got sent back home. When the troops came home, naturally with money on hand, they wanted to spend it.

But age has it's merits. When you get into your 70s, you hope to be in your 90s and then become 100. Not that you need to be old, but at least you did not die.

As to your claim that Tailfins was joking, go back to see the name he called me. If you think that is a joke, maybe we can all call each other nutcases and see how calm this forum stays.

Should I address the rest of the posters as nutcases and tell them that I fear them as he told me?

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:26 PM
As to your claim that Tailfins was joking, go back to see the name he called me. If you think that is a joke, maybe we can all call each other nutcases and see how calm this forum stays.

Should I address the rest of the posters as nutcases and tell them that I fear them as he told me?

I don't think he was being literal, just joking, but hopefully he'll reply and clear things up!

tailfins
11-26-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't think he was being literal, just joking, but hopefully he'll reply and clear things up!

I came close not to replying. This was almost as fun as when I was a kid fashioning kite twine to look like a downed power line, hiding in my dad's camper while watching cars driving too fast down our street get a big surprise.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I came close not to replying. This was almost as fun as when I was a kid fashioning kite twine to look like a downed power line, hiding in my dad's camper while watching cars driving too fast down our street get a big surprise.

As you mature, you will grow out of such childish things.

I believe your comments show why you are paranoid.

tailfins
11-26-2012, 05:56 PM
As you mature, you will grow out of such childish things.

I believe your comments show why you are paranoid.

That was just TOO easy! I wish I had taken bets.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
It's Jim's interview of our friend across the pond, Drummond. (In the forum called "Member Interviews", oddly enough).

To our newer members: If you haven't seen them, I wanted to mention that there are a lot of interesting interviews in that forum. It is a good way to get to know some of our longer-time members as well

ETA: Great interview!

A great interview because the man being interviewed has as much honor as I 've ever seen in any man. A man of principle and keen intellect backed by the courage to stand against the world's rapidly growing evil. Reminds me of my father and grandfather but with a Brit accent and they were the two most honorable men I've ever known.. As the wild young man I was after my father's death I was lucky enough to meet and become friends with over the years 3 Marines all much older than me. Each proved to be honorable and worldwise. Each had endured the trials and tribulations of battle. Each one proved to be a truly great friend to me , sadly all have passed on now. I am honored to call Drummond my friend and I truly respect his insight and friendship enormously. Saddens me deeply to see what has happened to his mother country. Should he ever visit the states I'd move heaven and earth to get the chance to welcome him into my home for a visit.-Tyr

Abbey Marie
11-27-2012, 01:49 PM
That was just TOO easy! I wish I had taken bets.

It's always good to know which threads will make you look foolish if you try to sour them. :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
11-27-2012, 01:53 PM

Perhaps if any of the questions or answers did that, there would be something to possibly worry about. Until then, it's a non-issue.

Drummond
11-27-2012, 02:06 PM
A great interview because the man being interviewed has as much honor as I 've ever seen in any man. A man of principle and keen intellect backed by the courage to stand against the world's rapidly growing evil. Reminds me of my father and grandfather but with a Brit accent and they were the two most honorable men I've ever known.. As the wild young man I was after my father's death I was lucky enough to meet and become friends with over the years 3 Marines all much older than me. Each proved to be honorable and worldwise. Each had endured the trials and tribulations of battle. Each one proved to be a truly great friend to me , sadly all have passed on now. I am honored to call Drummond my friend and I truly respect his insight and friendship enormously. Saddens me deeply to see what has happened to his mother country. Should he ever visit the states I'd move heaven and earth to get the chance to welcome him into my home for a visit.-Tyr:clap:

.. Wow ! This is very appreciated, Tyr - thank you !

I don't know when I'll be in the US, but it will be a revisit when it happens - I've visited New York (.. well, Manhattan, anyway ..) several times in the past (in fact, as I type this, I'm wearing a watch I bought in Macy's, on W34th Street). Manhattan .. and from there, I've travelled to Hartford, Connecticut (via New Haven) to visit a friend I used to work with in London.

So I do know just a little bit of America from personal experience already.

If you ever visit the UK, Tyr, likewise, I'll look forward to welcoming you here. All being well, it MIGHT be possible to plot you a route that bypasses some mosques .. though in the longer term, quite possibly not ...

tailfins
11-27-2012, 02:58 PM

In a word .... YES!