PDA

View Full Version : War on men

tailfins
11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
I have a simple solution: Outsourcing! It worked for me. For a leg up, learn your target country's language first.

And in doing so, I’ve accidentally stumbled upon a subculture of men who’ve told me, in no uncertain terms, that they’re never getting married. When I ask them why, the answer is always the same.

Women aren’t women anymore.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/#ixzz2DMt8pPfh

aboutime
11-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I have a simple solution: Outsourcing! It worked for me. For a leg up, learn your target country's language first.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/#ixzz2DMt8pPfh
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

tailfins. Not only "Are they not women anymore!" Like Pork..."They are now...the Other men!"

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I have no opinion on this matter. While there may be a little something to what the author writes, I'd still like to use my little buddy, if I could. :laugh: :beer:

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 05:05 PM
No, women are not Harriet Nelson or June Cleaver anymore. Our No. 1 priority in life is no longer to get married, have children and serve our husbands.
I tell this to girls every day. They can be more than just mothers and housewives. They can attain important positions in life. They can rule the world if they wish. They can anything they want to do.

Modern relationships are 50-50. Men no longer make all the decisions. Everything has to be subject to discussion.

My mom was part of this 40 years ago. She told my dad that she was willing to be part of a traditional marriage. As long as it included her being able to work. They shared in every decision made in our family.

If you want men to be top dog every moment of the day, become a Muslim. :cool:

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I agree that there is a 'war on men', particularity white men. May I suggest if interested, google: Dr. Helen Smith war on men.

tailfins
11-26-2012, 05:11 PM
No, women are not Harriet Nelson or June Cleaver anymore. Our No. 1 priority in life is no longer to get married, have children and serve our husbands.
I tell this to girls every day. They can be more than just mothers and housewives. They can attain important positions in life. They can rule the world if they wish. They can anything they want to do.

Modern relationships are 50-50. Men no longer make all the decisions. Everything has to be subject to discussion.

My mom was part of this 40 years ago. She told my dad that she was willing to be part of a traditional marriage. As long as it included her being able to work. They shared in every decision made in our family.

You're grooming girls to be alone. Becoming Muslim isn't necessary, just cross the Rio Grande. Any Latin American country except Cuba will do.

If relationships are 50-50, mom and dad are interchangeable.

aboutime
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM

Gabby. Right you are. Today. Instead of Harriet Nelson, and June Cleaver. We have Rachel Maddow, and Rosy O'Donnell as the spokesMEN you seem happy to applaud.
That WAR ON MEN...the opposite of the phony Democrat War on Women has more GOOD GUYS today.

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree that there is a 'war on men', particularity white men. May I suggest if interested, google: Dr. Helen Smith war on men.

It begins with the war on boys. Schools have always preferred female behaviors, less physical and more verbal, in the past though they took into account the differences between sexes.

Not necessary today. Boys are labeled with LD and BD at astounding rates. Then folks wonder why boys aren't completing high school, much less college at levels in the past.

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 05:17 PM
You're grooming girls to be alone. Becoming Muslim isn't necessary, just cross the Rio Grande. Any Latin American country except Cuba will do.

If relationships are 50-50, mom and dad are interchangeable.

Actually the consensus seems to be that Mom is preferably alone with kids. It's screwy times.

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Show me a boy with body issues. How often do you see boys obsessing about whether they are fat or not? How often do boys worry about whether they are too smart or too athletic to attract boys?
Why is it that boys who sleep with girls are "studs," but girls who sleep with boys are "sluts?"
Why is it that a cute boy is considerable desirable, but a cute girl with curve is automatically branded "slutty?"
If a teen couple has sex and the girl get pregnant, who get stuck with the child? Who gets the lifelong disgrace that comes with being a teen mom? The guy can walk away if he chooses. And many of them do.

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Show me a boy with body issues. How often do you see boys obsessing about whether they are fat or not? How often do boys worry about whether they are too smart or too athletic to attract boys?
Why is it that boys who sleep with girls are "studs," but girls who sleep with boys are "sluts?"
Why is it that a cute boy is considerable desirable, but a cute girl with curve is automatically branded "slutty?"
If a teen couple has sex and the girl get pregnant, who get stuck with the child? Who gets the lifelong disgrace that comes with being a teen mom? The guy can walk away if he chooses. And many of them do.

What does any of the above have to do with 'a war on men?' A 'war' that seems to be causing a fall in male graduation rates and advanced degrees?

Note: I'm not discounting eating disorders and other proportionally female psycho disorders, i.e. cutting. In fact, these tend to emphasize the differences between males and females.

Today though, the girls are being centered for care and the boys labeled.

tailfins
11-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Parents would to well to observe a session of family with their sons and review the court orders. Men must realize that a bad marriage or even dating decision is almost a life-ending mistake.

The girl gets "choices". The boy gets a burden resembling a felony criminal conviction and almost no say on how the child is raised or if it gets raised.

You should perhaps research how often males get jailed for making an honest, but failed effort to keep up with child support, with each arrest being an addition to a criminal record.

aboutime
11-26-2012, 06:42 PM

The only one, really stupid thing you didn't manage to ask above in your rant Gabby was..."What if the boy gets pregnant?"

Otherwise. You sound like the perfect candidate, running for president of the San Francisco Lesbian, and Gay association.

And excuse for everything to prove your hatred for males, boys, men, and those who look like you.

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM

What gibberish, I expect better from you. The 'boy' will be paying for that night of fun for at least 18 years. More if he manages to straighten out his life and doesn't employ a top lawyer if he succeeds.

Look, I'm not anti-female, far from it. What is going on now is nothing less than a war on culture and of that, I don't want to go along.

cadet
11-26-2012, 07:27 PM

I wrestled. Let me tell you, everywhere...

Never do we men assume they're slutty, not till we see her talking to some guy.

That's just poor parenting. Those of us that don't live in the ghetto take care of our mistakes.

cadet
11-26-2012, 07:33 PM
And in doing so, I’ve accidentally stumbled upon a subculture of men who’ve told me, in no uncertain terms, that they’re never getting married. When I ask them why, the answer is always the same.

Women aren’t women anymore.

Just once, I would like to find a girl that takes as good care of herself as i do myself. I just want to find a girl that's not going to get fat. I try to stay muscular, but every girl i meet just doesn't seem to care.

I'll admit, I enjoy being in shape, I try to be for my future wife, but try to find a girl that won't call me a sexist pig for thinking that she should try to look good.

This, is what's wrong with the world today, no one cares a lick about anything anymore.
Why should they care about morals? they're just a matter of opinion, how dare you push them on them.
Who should care about looking nice? I should be able to go to walmart in my pajama's.
What the hell is a REAL woman? Sexist pig.

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Just once, I would like to find a girl that takes as good care of herself as i do myself. I just want to find a girl that's not going to get fat. I try to stay muscular, but every girl i meet just doesn't seem to care.

I'll admit, I enjoy being in shape, I try to be for my future wife, but try to find a girl that won't call me a sexist pig for thinking that she should try to look good.

This, is what's wrong with the world today, no one cares a lick about anything anymore.
Why should they care about morals? they're just a matter of opinion, how dare you push them on them.
Who should care about looking nice? I should be able to go to walmart in my pajama's.

How one looks has little to do with this topic, though I do hear what you are saying. OTOH, it's pretty easy for those in their 20, 30's to look great, unless of course one has undergone multiple pregnancies. Then not so easy. Still doable for most, but not easy. Oh, men don't have that problem. Yeah, hear that.

War on men has nothing to do with looks, other than skin color and appendage that women don't have, and the hormones that go with that appendage.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-26-2012, 07:40 PM
My ex-wife and I divorced in 2004, I had gotten custody of my daughter in Febuary of 2001 when we seperated. Some fathers are treated terribly by the courts but I spent borrowed money to make sure my daughter got to remain with me. I even offered the house and money in our accounts for that but my ex refused . She wanted it all. After my 14 year old daughter signed that she wanted to live with me my lawyer filed for temporary custody. I raised my daughter by myself for the next 4 years. She turned 18 and my ex got her to move in with her by buying her a new car and letting her run wild. That lasted about 9 months then my daughter decided to act decent again and reject her mom buying her. Now my daughter is a dential hygeniest and doing well . Yes white males get ripped on by most everybody. Some of us fight for whats right and love our kids as much as and in some cases even more than the mother does!
Boys today are being pansified in schools. Its deliberate and its total bullshat too! I will not let that happen to my son because America needs its boys to be boys until they become brave, honorable men! The kind we needed so desperately in WW2 and was proven that we had! Not a nation of pansies but a nation of brave men. They are trying to destroy that and its deliberate..I didnt let them detroy my daughter and damn sure will not let them destroy my son.
Boys need special protection from the indoctrination they are using to change our culture and our nation!
Any decent father will see this truth and act prudently to counter it IMHO.-Tyr

tailfins
11-26-2012, 07:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5QfXjsoNe4

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 08:00 PM

Sorry dear, but a lot of women don't have any choice. A lot has to do with heredity. Medications also cause weight gain in some.
Not to mention the added girth that often comes from having kids.

Your comments are very revealing. Way too many girls your age struggle with body image issues. If you inherited a large frame, there is nothing you can do to become a size 0. Or if you have an active metabolism, you might gain more weight that others.
The perfect girl will accept who she is, large or small.

tailfins
11-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Sorry dear, but a lot of women don't have any choice. A lot has to do with heredity. Medications also cause weight gain in some.
Not to mention the added girth that often comes from having kids.

Your comments are very revealing. Way too many girls your age struggle with body image issues. If you inherited a large frame, there is nothing you can do to become a size 0. Or if you have an active metabolism, you might gain more weight that others.
The perfect girl will accept who she is, large or small.

I think lots of guys would be grateful for a gal that makes an EFFORT to do the best with what she has. The problem is that many gals don't even try.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 09:33 PM
It begins with the war on boys. Schools have always preferred female behaviors, less physical and more verbal, in the past though they took into account the differences between sexes.

Not necessary today. Boys are labeled with LD and BD at astounding rates. Then folks wonder why boys aren't completing high school, much less college at levels in the past.

Mom married the wrong guy. Mom also gave birth to her children. She wanted to take care of us.

Mom also wanted to work. My step father married mom with the belief he would take care of the kids. I mean provide the income. Believing mom had her hands full with 5 kids, he thought she had too much work to take another job. I recall Mom discussing this. Mom was not one who wanted to spend her day taking care of kids. I became very independent very young because Mom did not keep me on a leash. What I did as a small boy, today most Moms would gasp and say it could not be true.

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Mom married the wrong guy. Mom also gave birth to her children. She wanted to take care of us.

Mom also wanted to work. My step father married mom with the belief he would take care of the kids. I mean provide the income. Believing mom had her hands full with 5 kids, he thought she had too much work to take another job. I recall Mom discussing this. Mom was not one who wanted to spend her day taking care of kids. I became very independent very young because Mom did not keep me on a leash. What I did as a small boy, today most Moms would gasp and say it could not be true.

What are you trying to say here? It's lost in the narrative.

Abbey Marie
11-28-2012, 09:35 AM
The real key to men not wanting marriage was finally mentioned by the author well into the article:

It’s all so unfortunate – for women, not men. Feminism serves men very well: they can have sex at hello and even live with their girlfriends with no responsibilities whatsoever.

I would argue that our grandmothers were quaintly correct: "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"?

And by milk, I don't just mean sex. I mean all the benefits of a loving relationship, and a home, without a lifelong commitment.
You notice that these men still want all of those other things. Blaming women for working isn't telling the true story, imo. In fact, I have heard many men say that their wives had better work and contribute monetarily to the family.

tailfins
11-28-2012, 09:39 AM
The real key to men not wanting marriage was finally mentioned by the author well into the article:

I would argue that our grandmothers were quaintly correct: "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"?

And by milk, I don't just mean sex. I mean all the benefits of a loving relationship, and a home, without a lifelong commitment.
Blaming women for working isn't telling the true story, imo. In fact, I have heard many men say that their wives had better work and contribute monetarily to the family.

That's interesting. Where my wife comes from, the wife needing to work is a failure on the husband's part. It means he's not man enough to support his family.

Abbey Marie
11-28-2012, 09:42 AM

Your standards for a wife are, uh, well, quite superficial. And right in line with what the media pushes on you all day, every day. I am sure you can find many, many women who will stay thin. As for their other qualities, I guess those are way down on the list?

Abbey Marie
11-28-2012, 09:46 AM
That's interesting. Where my wife comes from, the wife needing to work is a failure on the husband's part. It means he's not man enough to support his family.

I don't know many families where the wife doesn't work, and even fewer where it is frowned upon. All of my SIL's, (and my mother when she was living), work.

aboutime
11-28-2012, 09:47 AM

Blaming women for working isn't telling the true story, imo. In fact, I have heard many men say that their wives had better work and contribute monetarily to the family.

Abbey. Tim Allen...the "Home Improvement' star, and comedian had a stand-up show he called "Men are Pigs!"

As the husband of a very smart, wonderful woman. The mother of our children. The woman who has stood by my side for nearly 44 years now, and been my best friend. I agree with Tim Allen.
We ARE Pigs. And life without our wives, mothers, grandmothers, and women in general would be enough to make us all even more sloppy, dirty, filthy, dumb, hungry Pigs.

Truth is. None of us...But None of us would be here.....without women.
That's not a WAR on men.
As Jack Webb used to say in "DRAGNET". "Just the facts!"

tailfins
11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't know many families where the wife doesn't work, and even fewer where it is frowned upon. All of my SIL's, (and my mother when she was living), work.

Being married to an anti-feminist isn't all upside. A TRUE anti-feminist will cross her arms and say "not my job" for tasks that are considered masculine. That means letting the grass grow until you get a fine on your door even if away on business. It means not giving a second thought to bills or even knowing what they are. My wife has her own bank account and asks for money to be put in. I put some one when we can afford it. It means dropping any dispute in your husband's lap. It took five years to convince her to learn how to drive. Even then it meant hiring an instructor in her language and failing the driver's exam twice.

Abbey Marie
11-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Being married to an anti-feminist isn't all upside. A TRUE anti-feminist will cross her arms and say "not my job" for tasks that are considered masculine. That means letting the grass grow until you get a fine on your door even if away on business. It means not giving a second thought to bills or even knowing what they are. My wife has her own bank account and asks for money to be put in. I put some one when we can afford it. It means dropping any dispute in your husband's lap. It took five years to convince her to learn how to drive. Even then it meant hiring an instructor in her language and failing the driver's exam twice.

I take it your wife is from another culture? That may explain some of the differences in outlook?

tailfins
11-28-2012, 10:36 AM
I take it your wife is from another culture? That may explain some of the differences in outlook?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caboclo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tup%C3%AD_people

Caboclo culture follows beliefs from a mixture of Brazilian, Tupi and Christian missionary cultures.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Your standards for a wife are, uh, well, quite superficial. And right in line with what the media pushes on you all day, every day. I am sure you can find many, many women who will stay thin. As for their other qualities, I guess those are way down on the list?

My wife arrived here from the Philippines she was a thin 92 pounds. Now after 8 years marraige and one beautiful son she is a very pleasing and beautiful 121 pounds. At 92 pounds she was very thin , now at 121 pounds her curves are all filled out and even were she to gain another 29 pounds I'd still love her and not complain! When a man finally learns that true beauty isnt just skin deep he finds happiness. I am very lucky, my wife is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. The inner beauty is by far the greater treasure. Took me fifty years to discover that truth and only then because I finally became smart enough to go searching for it. Men are programmed to be lustful animals but are much happier when that programming is truly defeated IMHO.. -Tyr

Dilloduck
11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
You mean the testosterone level finally drops ?

Robert A Whit
11-28-2012, 03:35 PM
How one looks has little to do with this topic, though I do hear what you are saying. OTOH, it's pretty easy for those in their 20, 30's to look great, unless of course one has undergone multiple pregnancies. Then not so easy. Still doable for most, but not easy. Oh, men don't have that problem. Yeah, hear that.

War on men has nothing to do with looks, other than skin color and appendage that women don't have, and the hormones that go with that appendage.

My last wife had a body that men would kill to get. And when we were married, she was super hot. She vanished last year and hoping somebody could have seen her and can shed light on her missing, I posted a thread about her. True in the photo shot where she worked, she was not glamorous. But she also was much younger when we were married.

I mention her because not only did she have a super hot body, she also had 7 kids.

She enjoyed swimming a lot. Sadly it was very close to the ocean that her car was found containing her purse and cell phone.

We had a very lovely daughter who misses her mom terribly.

Robert A Whit
11-28-2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=595537#post595537)

What are you trying to say here? It's lost in the narrative.

I am floored by the question. Some thanked my post. Wonder if they also did not get it?

I am trying to see how I can reconstruct my statement to help you understand.

I happen to really appreciate the job my mother did given she had terrible conditions she endured. I appreciate my step father for the way he was a man, a fine human being and kind to his step kids.

I could walk all over the place as a child and not get into trouble. I at age 6 walked from my house to the Oakland Airport to see the airplanes during World War 2.

I dunno. Maybe it's my age that causes you to not get it.

It is not that I want to be off topic or ramble. I just appreciate my parents.

Could it be that I have lived through plenty of wars that this country fought?

Could it be that as a child, we had no idea what TV was?

That my teachers could whip us if they wanted to?

I was very sure not to rile up any teacher.

Kathianne
11-28-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=595537#post595537)

I am floored by the question. Some thanked my post. Wonder if they also did not get it?

I am trying to see how I can reconstruct my statement to help you understand.

I happen to really appreciate the job my mother did given she had terrible conditions she endured. I appreciate my step father for the way he was a man, a fine human being and kind to his step kids.

I could walk all over the place as a child and not get into trouble. I at age 6 walked from my house to the Oakland Airport to see the airplanes during World War 2.

I dunno. Maybe it's my age that causes you to not get it.

It is not that I want to be off topic or ramble. I just appreciate my parents.

Could it be that I have lived through plenty of wars that this country fought?

Could it be that as a child, we had no idea what TV was?

That my teachers could whip us if they wanted to?

I was very sure not to rile up any teacher.

With your explanation I believe I was confused because it appeared you were writing in the third person, now I see it was more as your younger self?

Kathianne
11-28-2012, 06:34 PM

I don't think there is a position I value more than being a mother. If the right person came along, that would be likely #1 now, as my children are independent; even with the arsehole, he came before any job. So did my parents. LOL! There just isn't anything more important than family.

No relationships are 50-50 for more than a day or an hour or two, usually during something like spring housecleaning.

Kathianne
11-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Then there are the accusations of rape, even when 'unfounded' the guy pays the price:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/details-on-mizzou-s-dixon-are-out/article_aaa19f3b-0567-5252-acf5-3f6e0497192e.html

Details on Mizzou's Dixon are out
COLUMBIA, Mo. • Mizzou senior guard Michael Dixon was accused of rape in August, but the case was closed Nov. 16 after an investigation led Tracy Gonzalez of the Boone County prosecuting attorney’s office to conclude there was insufficient evidence to file criminal charges, according to a Columbia police report obtained by the Post-Dispatch.
<!--p:BC body copy dateline-->

Dixon, who was never interviewed by police or charged, has been suspended from the MU basketball team since at least early October for what coach Frank Haith has repeatedly called violations of team rules.

His future remains unclear, and MU officials declined to comment Tuesday night.

Dixon is still attending classes at Mizzou and last week traveled with the team for a tournament in the Bahamas.

While MU was there, it became public knowledge that Dixon’s continued suspension had been administered by the MU Student Conduct Committee after a string of Twitter postings by former Tiger Kim English.

“The Univ of Missouri’s ‘student board’ is a joke,” he wrote in part in reference to Dixon’s status. “Acting and making a decision without actual facts. University should be ashamed!”

English, now with the Detroit Pistons of the NBA, later added: “Thank God we have an AMAZING chancellor who I trust will make the right decision soon. And do what’s right by reinstating Michael Dixon Jr.”

All of which prompted several tweets in response from a woman who wrote, “The student board is not ‘a joke.’ ... Dixon is a rapist and I know this because im the victim.”

The woman who posted those tweets – and soon shut down her account – is the same woman who made the accusation in August, the Post-Dispatch has confirmed.

While English’s tweets suggested the committee, made up of seven faculty members, had already made a ruling on Dixon, any such verdict is not public knowledge.

Per the University of Missouri System Rules of Procedures in Student Conduct Matters, the committee can impose sanctions that include a warning, probation, temporary dismissal or “university expulsion” – “permanent separation of the student from the University.”
If the committee has, in fact, made a ruling, Dixon has, as suggested by English, the right of appeal to Chancellor Brady Deaton.

The chancellor’s charge, according to MU’s student conduct rules and regulations, would be to “review the record of the case and the appeal documents and (he or she) may affirm, reverse, or remand the case for further proceedings and shall notify each party in writing of the decision on the appeal. The action of the Chancellor shall be final unless it is to remand the matter for further proceedings.”

Deaton has been out of the country and won’t be back until later this week.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-28-2012, 08:14 PM
You mean the testosterone level finally drops ?

Hardly, my wife can attest to that fact.. A man can wise up to many things, some come easier than others.
After my second divorce , my wife of over 21 years , I decided to examine my relationship with women and not make a 3rd mistake. I wanted a lady that would be great to my daughter as a stepmother. That meant good character and kindness was priority. Luckily my brother brought me a picture of his wife's cousin in the Philippines. Then he lied about her age and said she was 29 when she was really only 23, even then I thought 29 was too young as I was 46 but agreed to talk to her. After that I saw a beautiful person that had great inner strength and beauty. We had a 4 year relationship long distance, I went to visit for a month and we agreed to marry, best decision I ever made! I never looked back, 8 years with her now and with my soon to be 6 year old son and I know that God blessed me. I was vastly undeserving but apparently he thought better..Why I havent a clue.. -Tyr

Kathianne
11-28-2012, 08:41 PM
The same type of stupidity we are seeing being waged against me, is also being waged regarding science.

I'll make a new post on that, but watch for it, find the connections.

11-28-2012, 11:59 PM

More than just mothers and housewives???? You act as if that's degrading. Being a mother and a wife is the highest calling a woman can have. Just like being a father and a husband is the highest calling a man can have.

There is nothing more important than being a good parent to our children. My wife, of her own choice, would rather be a mother than working in a 9-5 job. If we could afford it right now, I'd encourage her not to be working. As it is now, we try to keep her hours to a minumum. And my little daughter is incredibly blessed because of it.

Also, the problem with modern relationships is that they are 50-50. They should be 100-100.