PDA

View Full Version : Florida GOP leaders admit voter suppression

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Very interesting development here...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/early-voting-curbs-called-power-play/nTFDy/

revelarts
11-26-2012, 05:05 PM
one of many. its criminal every time it happens. There seems to be little deterrent for this type of thing.
A little more sunlight is good but not enough.

what about the 100% Democratic votes in various areas Gab? that seems REAL fishy to.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Gotta wonder if being under criminal indictment for stealing $200k and being shitcanned would make someone want to slander the people who tossed them aside and will be looking to help place said person in jail.

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
All I see here are two former GOP government office holders with grudges against the GOP. One indicted, the other a liberal who changes party allegiance the way most change their furnace filters.

Thunderknuckles
11-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Sounds like a bad breakup story to me.
I still don't understand how asking someone for photo ID somehow suppresses anyone's right to vote.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:07 PM
one of many. its criminal every time it happens. There seems to be little deterrent for this type of thing.
A little more sunlight is good but not enough.

what about the 100% Democratic votes in various areas Gab? that seems REAL fishy to.

Yep, crap from both sides. This is why I want all types of fraud eliminated, to the best we can anyway, and having picture ID is a good start. When a very young white man can vote as Eric Holder, you know there are issues.

Robert A Whit
11-26-2012, 05:08 PM
That reads like it came from the Inquirer rather than from a decent media report.

Too much spin in the article.

First one has to realize that any slow down of voting also impacts on republican voters.

There was no proof in that article that the law only applies to democrats.

Then they cite a man who has been indicted for a crime.

gabosaurus
11-26-2012, 05:18 PM
All I see here are two former GOP government office holders with grudges against the GOP. One indicted, the other a liberal who changes party allegiance the way most change their furnace filters.

That is how it normally is.
If someone reveals wrongdoing on the Dem side, it is evidence of corruption and malfeasance of criminal proportions.
If someone reveals wrongdoing on the GOP side, it is a disgruntled former employee with an axe to grind. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
11-26-2012, 05:20 PM
If someone reveals wrongdoing on the Dem side, it is evidence of corruption and malfeasance of criminal proportions.
If someone reveals wrongdoing on the GOP side, it is a disgruntled former employee with an axe to grind. :rolleyes:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/early-voting-curbs-called-power-play/nTFDy/

Ok, so you posted the #1 post, why? Calling it 'an interesting development?' Same old, same old. Nothing interesting in that.

jimnyc
11-26-2012, 05:24 PM

Post about the Dem who has been revealed, that was fired, and I'll say the same thing.

fj1200
11-27-2012, 09:17 AM
:rolleyes:

More interesting to me is where you choose to post and "bail."

Marcus Aurelius
11-27-2012, 09:30 AM
That reads like it came from the Inquirer rather than from a decent media report.

Too much spin in the article.

First one has to realize that any slow down of voting also impacts on republican voters.

There was no proof in that article that the law only applies to democrats.

Then they cite a man who has been indicted for a crime.

Incorrect. First, one has to be 'smart enough' to realize that any slow down of voting also impacts on Republican voters.

Of course, I'm sure with her 2 degrees, Gabby can easily produce proof that the long lines in FL ONLY affected Democratic voters... right Gabby???

red states rule
11-28-2012, 03:52 AM
Sounds like a bad breakup story to me.
I still don't understand how asking someone for photo ID somehow suppresses anyone's right to vote.

That is an easy question to answer. if every voter had to show a photo ID to vote it would cripple several of the key Dem voting blocks. The dead would be wasting their time from rising up from their grave to show their undying support of Dems. A huge number of illegals would not be able to vote for the party of amnesty. Libs so excited over their candidates would not be able to vote multiple times the same day. So it is easy to see how having to show a photo ID would be detrimental to the far left voting base

aboutime
12-01-2012, 05:31 PM
That is an easy question to answer. if every voter had to show a photo ID to vote it would cripple several of the key Dem voting blocks. The dead would be wasting their time from rising up from their grave to show their undying support of Dems. A huge number of illegals would not be able to vote for the party of amnesty. Libs so excited over their candidates would not be able to vote multiple times the same day. So it is easy to see how having to show a photo ID would be detrimental to the far left voting base

Locally. Before the last election. Obama made several visits to campaign around our area in the Hampton Roads, Eastern side of Virginia. And. Unlike the Democrat demands that a PHOTO ID only causes Racial Disenfranchisement...to the Minority. It just so happened that Everyone who attended an Obama rally. Was required to have a PHOTO ID in order to get into the venue.

Funny how the usual, Racist voices who claim Discrimination due to the requirements for a Photo ID...said nothing about such requirements on those occasions. In fact. It appeared. NONE of the people who wanted to see Mr. Obama had any problem finding their ID card. But somehow...on election day. It was Declared Disenfranchisement, and Discrimination???

Anyone care to take a stab at how anything changed between the days before and after the election????

Voted4Reagan
12-01-2012, 07:29 PM

And the Black Panthers show up in Philadelphia with Nightsticks because they are there for SECURITY....

Right Gabby?

Or were they suppressing the vote as well?

April15
12-01-2012, 08:44 PM
And the Black Panthers show up in Philadelphia with Nightsticks because they are there for SECURITY....

Right Gabby?

Or were they suppressing the vote as well?The black panthers? You have got to be kidding. Those guys are as gutless as republicans. They most likely need the sticks to feel safe. It is Philly!

jimnyc
12-01-2012, 08:46 PM
The black panthers? You have got to be kidding. Those guys are as gutless as republicans. They most likely need the sticks to feel safe. It is Philly!

Philly areas were reported to have ZERO Romney votes. It's being looked at of course, but I would say it was a small victory for the Panthers looking to bolster the head Chimp in Chief.

April15
12-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Philly areas were reported to have ZERO Romney votes. It's being looked at of course, but I would say it was a small victory for the Panthers looking to bolster the head Chimp in Chief.My take is the people of Philly are smarter than you think and weren't fooled by the RMoney BS.

aboutime
12-01-2012, 08:51 PM
My take is the people of Philly are smarter than you think and weren't fooled by the RMoney BS.

Of course you would, and must say that April15. That's how good, obedient, easily led followers of Obama operate if they want to avoid being labeled Racists.

jimnyc
12-01-2012, 08:53 PM
My take is the people of Philly are smarter than you think and weren't fooled by the RMoney BS.

Wouldn't argue that. I would only argue that ANY populated area anywhere in the country, is not going to go literally 100% - and in multiple precincts.

Larrymc
12-02-2012, 12:32 AM

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/early-voting-curbs-called-power-play/nTFDy/if they were current members, or leaving the party for this, it might be creditable, but they were kicked out, So it holds no water for me

NightTrain
12-02-2012, 12:42 AM

You're asserting that there are 100% welfare recipient precincts in Philly?

I was unaware of that Fun Fact.

fj1200
12-02-2012, 06:19 AM

:laugh:

Oh I see what you did there, "RMoney" = Romney but two letters switching places.

:laugh: :laugh:

The same order of brilliance that comes up with "Rethuglican."

aboutime
12-02-2012, 10:54 AM
You're asserting that there are 100% welfare recipient precincts in Philly?

I was unaware of that Fun Fact.

A reminder, in supporting April15's assertion....4100 which began before the 2008 Obama Knighthood!