PDA

View Full Version : Star Calls Show ‘Filth,’ Begs People to Stop Watching

Abbey Marie
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
It's nice to see someone in Hollywood who has opened their eyes. And he has a tough road ahead for it.

‘Two and a Half Men’ Star Calls Show ‘Filth,’ Begs People to Stop Watching

The drama around “Two and a Half Men” didn’t end with Charlie Sheen.
In a video published on YouTube today, Angus T. Jones, who plays Jake
Harper on the hit CBS sitcom, trashes the show, calling it “filth” and
begging people to stop watching.

“Jake from ‘Two and a Half Men’ means nothing,” he says. “He is a
non-existent character. If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop
watching ‘Two and a Half Men.’ I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men’ and I don’t
want to be on it.”

Jones made his comments in an interview with the Forerunner
Chronicles about his religious awakening. In the nearly 15-minute long
video, he also talks about taking an “all inclusive evangelism class”
and coming to the realization that “God is good.” That apparently led
him to believe that the comedy he’s on is bad.

“Please stop watching. Please stop filling your head with filth,
please,” he says. “People say it’s entertainment … the fact that it’s
entertainment … do some research on the effect of television on your
brain and you’ll have a decision to make.”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/11/two-and-a-half-men-star-calls-show-filth-begs-people-to-stop-watching/

Larrymc
11-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Celebrity stands for what right, How refreshing

jimnyc
11-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I used to like the show until Charlie Sheen left! I will admit that it is kind of filthy at times though, and certainly not a show you want your kids watching. And while I do give him kudos for standing up for his beliefs, it would be less hypocritical if he stopped showing up and making more per episode than most people make in 6 or 7 years!

Thunderknuckles
11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
He has to know he shot his career in the face by outing himself as a Christian conservative. Hollywood doesn't take too kindly to those folks.
He'll probably be teaming up with Kirk Cameron soon for some more Christian apocalyptic movies.

aboutime
11-27-2012, 03:48 PM
It's nice to see someone in Hollywood who has opened their eyes. And he has a tough road ahead for it.

Abbey. Of course we all know, from past experience. Whenever anyone denounces something in Hollywood. That usually means an end to their future in Hollywood.

Kathianne
11-27-2012, 04:04 PM
I used to like the show until Charlie Sheen left! I will admit that it is kind of filthy at times though, and certainly not a show you want your kids watching. And while I do give him kudos for standing up for his beliefs, it would be less hypocritical if he stopped showing up and making more per episode than most people make in 6 or 7 years!

Must agree.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/jake-men-disses-show-article-1.1208810

<!-- INPUT TEMPLATE: nydn.StandardArticle --> TV & Movies (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies) <style> .story-body .story-img .credit{margin-right:10px;} .story-body .story-img .caption{margin-left:-10px;padding-right:10px;} </style> Angus T. Jones hasn't quit, isn't fired after calling ‘Two and a Half Men’ ‘filth’ in church testimonial

Hey, what’s new about a rant from a star of Charlie Sheen’s old hit show? Now it comes from the religious Angus Jones, who plays teen Jake. He’s made a testimonial tape for the Forerunner Chronicles, a group linked to the Voice of Prophecy Seventh-Day Adventist church, where he worships. Of course, he pulls in $350,000 per episode and hasn’t resigned, either...

aboutime
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Must agree.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/jake-men-disses-show-article-1.1208810

Give it time. Anyone remember what actually happened to Charlie Sheen????

Thunderknuckles
11-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Why do they keep talking about him not "resigning"? He has a contract. Unless both parties agree to settle the score, neither side just walks away without risking legal action.
I suspect they'll land up just killing him off in a season finale. Isn't he in the military now in the story line? Easy way to throw an IED at him and be done with it.

fj1200
11-27-2012, 04:26 PM

Except for what's in the bank and the buku residuals.

aboutime
11-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Why do they keep talking about him not "resigning"? He has a contract. Unless both parties agree to settle the score, neither side just walks away without risking legal action.
I suspect they'll land up just killing him off in a season finale. Isn't he in the military now in the story line? Easy way to throw an IED at him and be done with it.

Thunderknuckles. You sound like you are suggesting another "WHO KILLED J.R." Fun stuff, no matter what. It's just another attention grabber, to change the subject, and take the heat off the other MORE IMPORTANT things in life....like that CLIFF we are all facing on january 1st.

Or, perhaps. There is a conspiracy at work (not really) to distract attention from the ongoing "Ben Ghazi" SHOW.

Kathianne
11-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Thunderknuckles. You sound like you are suggesting another "WHO KILLED J.R." Fun stuff, no matter what. It's just another attention grabber, to change the subject, and take the heat off the other MORE IMPORTANT things in life....like that CLIFF we are all facing on january 1st.

Or, perhaps. There is a conspiracy at work (not really) to distract attention from the ongoing "Ben Ghazi" SHOW.

I'm feeling this way in general regarding talk. Feel guilty talking about things of little import, but the big issues seem to be silent. Right now I'm into education, thanks to Bob.

11-27-2012, 04:40 PM

He's under contract. If he violates, he is being just as hypocritical because he is breaking his word. Some times situations are less than ideal. people need to work through them with prayer and humility. I dont know if that's what he is doing. But it isnt easy to change everything in one's life at once.

jimnyc
11-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Give it time. Anyone remember what actually happened to Charlie Sheen????

Hell yeah, was all over it. Charlie is certifiable at times and makes it fun to watch his antics. They wanted him to act like he lived, then complained when he got into trouble outside of the job. He told them to buzz off, they hung him out to dry. Dude was making a cool million per episode!! And now Ashton is getting $750k per episode. That's a lotta dough!!

Kathianne
11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Hell yeah, was all over it. Charlie is certifiable at times and makes it fun to watch his antics. They wanted him to act like he lived, then complained when he got into trouble outside of the job. He told them to buzz off, they hung him out to dry. Dude was making a cool million per episode!! And now Ashton is getting $750k per episode. That's a lotta dough!!

Yep, Sheehan is the male version of Lindsay Lohan.

NightTrain
11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Never watched it... not even once.

When I'm home, I'll watch History, Discovery or Military channel in bed... or one of the movie channels. I absolutely hate commercials, and as soon as one appears I am off surfing other channels... so I steer clear of network TV.

Pretty stupid that I have 300 channels and I only watch 8 of them.

I lost $50 bucks to a co-worker when Charlie Sheen was on his runner and telling the world he was 'WINNING!!!!' antics, I bet he'd be dead in 3 months but I lost that bet.

jimnyc
11-27-2012, 05:11 PM
He's under contract. If he violates, he is being just as hypocritical because he is breaking his word. Some times situations are less than ideal. people need to work through them with prayer and humility. I dont know if that's what he is doing. But it isnt easy to change everything in one's life at once.

This is true. I suppose he has quite the dilemma then. If violating would only mean giving up any future money, that's what he should do. If he would, and most likely, be liable for damages, then he has little choice. Which is perhaps why he did what he did. After Charlie I would imagine contract renewals and such have a morality clause, if they didn't already, or something preventing them from bashing the show like Charlie did. I have a suspicion they will ultimately let him go.

jimnyc
11-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Never watched it... not even once.

When I'm home, I'll watch History, Discovery or Military channel in bed... or one of the movie channels. I absolutely hate commercials, and as soon as one appears I am off surfing other channels... so I steer clear of network TV.

Pretty stupid that I have 300 channels and I only watch 8 of them.

I lost $50 bucks to a co-worker when Charlie Sheen was on his runner and telling the world he was 'WINNING!!!!' antics, I bet he'd be dead in 3 months but I lost that bet.

Or that he had "tiger's blood" and that he was a warlock! LOL

Abbey Marie
11-27-2012, 05:48 PM

I understand he is under contract for another year, so he would have to break it to stop acting in the show. It takes guts to stand up for what you believe, especially in Hollywood. I dont think he will be employed for long in that business.

Abbey Marie
11-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Except for what's in the bank and the buku residuals.

Yes, that will certainly help. But money has a way of being spent, and it's hard to be shunned in the only business you know.

gabosaurus
11-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Unfortunately, most "comedy" sitcoms are filthy. Has anyone seen "Two Broke Girls?" That is total garbage.

11-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, most "comedy" sitcoms are filthy. Has anyone seen "Two Broke Girls?" That is total garbage.

Seen about half an episode in passing. Wasn't very impressed.

Hollywood is just totally uncreative. They go for the lowest common denominator and put zero effort into their gutter humor.

Abbey Marie
11-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Seen about half an episode in passing. Wasn't very impressed.

Hollywood is just totally uncreative. They go for the lowest common denominator and put zero effort into their gutter humor.

Smart, clever shows often get cancelled. It's a chicken or egg thing, imo. Is the country dumb and filthy, and TV writers just write to those levels, or is TV helping to make America dumber and filthier?

aboutime
11-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Smart, clever shows often get cancelled. It's a chicken or egg thing, imo. Is the country dumb and filthy, and TV writers just write to those levels, or is TV helping to make America dumber and filthier?

Abbey. Based on how little, and how low the entertainment values, and the needs for this society for Instant gratification, as shown on the TV channel lineups.

Americans need very little to hold their attention when large segments of society thrive on being challenged with FOUR LETTER words as their educational level.

Nobody really cares what the nation is becoming...as long as they are led to believe..it doesn't apply to them.

Abbey Marie
11-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Update: Perhaps he realized how bad things were about to get for him. However, I'm not seeing him recanting his characterization of the show.

"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that," Jones said in a statement.
He goes on, thanking the creators and producers of the comedy show, saying "Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/11/27/angus-t-jones-apologizes-after-two-and-a-half-men-remarks/#ixzz2DWkG0deb

Abbey Marie
11-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Abbey. Based on how little, and how low the entertainment values, and the needs for this society for Instant gratification, as shown on the TV channel lineups.

Americans need very little to hold their attention when large segments of society thrive on being challenged with FOUR LETTER words as their educational level.

Nobody really cares what the nation is becoming...as long as they are led to believe..it doesn't apply to them.

I agree with the bolded part. And to further the problem, anyone who brings it up is instantly mocked and villified for it. So we continue to wallow in our, as Angus so aptly describes it, "filth".

I feel sorry for the children whose parents let the TV and Internet babysit for them.

Thunderknuckles
11-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Update: Perhaps he realized how bad things were about to get for him. However, I'm not seeing him recanting his characterization of the show.

I guess he thought nobody would ever catch wind of what he said to his fellow Christians in Alabama.
Now that the cat is out of the bag, he's backtracking.
So much for his conscience and conviction.

On the bright side, the kid has the skills to make a good politician :p