PDA

View Full Version : Women Come Forward To Identify Stolen Underwear

nevadamedic
05-27-2007, 11:05 PM
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- There's an unusual request from Fort Collins police. If you're missing underwear and you live near Colorado State University, they want to hear from you.

At least 11 women have come forward to claim that their underwear was stolen by an alleged panty thief, and police are looking for additional victims, Fort Collins police said.

Officers say Chih Hsien Wu stole more than 1,300 undergarments, including bras, panties and pantyhose from laundry facilities near CSU.

Police want victims to go to the police station to identify their underwear so they can solidify the case against Wu.

One woman who said she saw at least 10 of her panties among those that police had in evidence, and said she actually saw Wu in her laundry room.

"He was in the laundry room when I came back to switch my clothes from the washer to the dryer. He just kept his head down and wouldn't move, so I kind of had to scoot around him and I thought that was kinda weird. I didn't notice until later that all my undergarments were missing," said CSU senior Christina Watanuki.

Watanuki said that she saw signs posted in her apartment complex warning residents of a panty thief but she said she never took it seriously.

Watanuki said she identified her undergarments by viewing individual photos of all the items that were allegedly stolen.

Wu, 43, was arrested on suspicion of felony theft, and has since bonded out.

Police say Wu is suspected of stealing the undergarments, valued at more than $6,000, between Sept. 23 and May 18 in the Campus West area of Fort Collins.

Police say victims will have the opportunity to claim their stolen items after the criminal case is closed but Lt. Hal Dean said he doesn't believe many women will be taking their undergarments back.

Anyone with additional information about the underwear thefts can contact Detective Keith Maynard at 970-416-2051.

Previous Stories:
May 24, 2007: Police Trying To Find Victims Of Panty Thefts
May 22, 2007: Man Accused Of Stealing 1,300 Women's Undergarments

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/13393197/detail.html?subid=22100484&qs=1;bp=t

This guy is only being charged with theft? You got to think there is another charge where he can be convected as a sex offender. Someone like this wont stop. Atleast if hes convicted as a sex offender he will be monitored and have to goto mandatory therapy. In a way that it still violating someone, underwear are very personal to someone.