PDA

View Full Version : Egypt's Morsi stands by decree

jimnyc
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi has told the country's senior judges that he did not infringe on their authority when he seized near absolute powers.

An aide to Morsi said the decree was limited to "sovereignty-related issues,'' but that did not satisfy his critics.

The uncompromising stance came during Monday's meeting between Morsi and members of the Supreme Judiciary Council in a bid to resolve a four-day crisis that has plunged the country into a new round of turmoil with clashes between the two sides that have left one protester dead and hundreds wounded.

The judiciary, the main target of Morsi's edicts, also has pushed back, calling the decrees a power grab and an "assault'' on the branch's independence.

Judges and prosecutors stayed away from many courts in Cairo and other cities on Sunday and Monday.

Meanwhile, the Muslim Brotherhood has called off a mass demonstration in Cairo, originally planned for Tuesday, "until futher notice" in order to "avoid clashes".

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/11/2012112520126225396.html

Kathianne
11-27-2012, 03:56 PM
It's going to be interesting to see where this all goes. No doubt in my mind that Morsi is 100% MB, but the protesters are also 100% against dictator, which he is claiming now. Will the protesters be able to unseat?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-28-2012, 12:32 AM
It's going to be interesting to see where this all goes. No doubt in my mind that Morsi is 100% MB, but the protesters are also 100% against dictator, which he is claiming now. Will the protesters be able to unseat?

I do not think the protesters will unseat Morsi. I believe that Morsi has already made plans with Iran and will eventually gain a strong enough position to attack Israel along with other nations there. Morsi is evil and evil will win there for they are muslim. Sad but true..-Tyr

red states rule
11-28-2012, 04:18 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/aria_c10533820121128120100.jpg