PDA

View Full Version : America, the land of taxes

Robert A Whit
11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
You can't often get politicans of any party to give you the straight truth about taxes. They want to divert by speaking of taxing the rich. Guess what, read the following by Wikiepedia and learn that this is the nation of taxes,

If it moves, tax it. If it has cash in the bank, but uses the cash to purchase, tax that already taxed money.

Wikipedia has a super long article on the various taxes so when any politician says we need more taxes, tell him you paid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_the_United_States

gabosaurus
11-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CzLe8R1bL4c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

NightTrain
11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Does the trolling ever get old?

Kathianne
11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Simplifying:

the liberal point:

http://youtu.be/6Q3NPgHZzDo

and this:

http://youtu.be/0efqnvYz4YI

gabosaurus
11-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Never.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NmDoBPCAldA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Kathianne
11-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Congress could learn a lesson:

http://youtu.be/GawH48QNDfc

Kathianne
11-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CzLe8R1bL4c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Great argument Gabby,

lyrics:

...Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman...

Robert A Whit
11-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Well, maybe I should have made it about music.

Do you suppose?

Maybe somebody would have diverted to taxes.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-27-2012, 07:52 PM
No nation in history has ever taxed its way into prosperity!! No state either!
Foolish mortals, dont they know (trixs)tricks are for kids? ;)--Tyr

Robert A Whit
11-27-2012, 08:03 PM
No nation in history has ever taxed its way into prosperity!! No state either!
Foolish mortals, dont they know (trixs)tricks are for kids? ;)--Tyr

To hear Democrats tell the story, one would think that taxing more helps them.

I agree with the above.

Government is not intended to be the major thing in our lives. It should only carry out duties named by the constitution. I don't mean wild ass claims that the constitution dictates the Feds own and run the health care, but that they let us run it for our own use.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
To hear Democrats tell the story, one would think that taxing more helps them.

I agree with the above.

Government is not intended to be the major thing in our lives. It should only carry out duties named by the constitution. I don't mean wild ass claims that the constitution dictates the Feds own and run the health care, but that they let us run it for our own use.

Actually taxing more does help dems.The more billions coming into the government coffers the more they can give away in government freebies programs thus buying more votes. And they will loudly proclaim thier giving while screaming that the opposition wants to take ALL THAT away. Fear being a great motivator they get their voters enraged and the media enraged and the Republicans suffer the consequences. All that without even breaking a sweat while tossing way hard earned workers tax money to lazy bastards that are 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation leeches. Most having never worked a day in thier worthless lives! Thats how they won again the Presidency..-Tyr

red states rule
11-28-2012, 03:16 AM
One of the better ways to explain the US tax system and how unfair it is to the minority already paying the vast majority of taxes collected

<tbody>

How taxes really work... 10 Men Going to a $100 Dinner

http://www.citydebate.com/florida/miamibeach/stories/0104150710.jpg

How Taxes Work . . . the story of ten men going out to dinner representing how our tax system in the U.S. works... and why its not smart to continually overtax the rich?
This is a VERY simple way to understand the tax laws. Read on -- it does make you think!!

Let's put tax cuts in terms everyone can understand. Suppose that every day, ten men go out for dinner. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men — the poorest — would pay nothing; the fifth would pay $1, the sixth would pay $3, the seventh $7, the eighth $12, the ninth $18, and the tenth man — the richest — would pay $59.

That's what they decided to do. The ten men ate dinner in the restaurant every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement — until one day, the owner threw them a curve (in tax language a tax cut).

"Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily meal by $20." So now dinner for the ten only cost $80.00.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still eat for free. But what about the other six — the paying customers? How could they divvy up the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share?"

The six men realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, Then the fifth man and the sixth man would end up being PAID to eat their meal. So the restaurant owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so the fifth man paid nothing, the sixth pitched in $2, the seventh paid $5, the eighth paid $9, the ninth paid $12, leaving the tenth man with a bill of $52 instead of his earlier $59. Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to eat for free.

But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. "I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man who pointed to the tenth. "But he got $7!"

"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man, "I only saved a dollar, too . . . It's unfair that he got seven times more than me!".

"That's true!" shouted the seventh man, "why should he get $7 back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison, "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up. The next night he didn't show up for dinner, so the nine sat down and ate without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered, a little late what was very important. They were FIFTY-TWO DOLLARS short of paying the bill! Imagine that!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college instructors, is how the tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up at the table anymore. There are lots of good restaurants in Monaco and the Caribbean.

Where would that leave the rest? Unfortunately, most taxing authorities anywhere cannot seem to grasp this rather straightforward logic! http://www.citydebate.com/florida/miamibeach/stories/0104150710.htm

</tbody>

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-28-2012, 09:44 AM
One of the better ways to explain the US tax system and how unfair it is to the minority already paying the vast majority of taxes collected

Obviously the nine men failed to levy proper punishment.
ACCORDING TO THE OBAMA AGENDA THEY SHOULD ALSO HAVE WENT TO THE RICH MAN'S HOME, TAKEN ALL THE FURNISHINGS, MONEY IN THE SAFE THERE AND HIS THREE VEHICLES , BURN THE HOUSE DOWN AS THEY WERE LEAVING.
Much closer to the truth than most will admit .. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-28-2012, 10:18 AM

Congress could learn a lesson:

http://youtu.be/GawH48QNDfc

Why should our government do that when it has an eternal cashcow it can just milk more often?
Crap like making wise choices, spending/wasting less , serves no purpose when the cow can ALWAYS give more milk!!
What, you say not true! Face it, history shows that there is always more money to steal. Looooooooook it up..
And stop questioning your masters;)

Larrymc
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
You can't often get politicans of any party to give you the straight truth about taxes. They want to divert by speaking of taxing the rich. Guess what, read the following by Wikiepedia and learn that this is the nation of taxes,

If it moves, tax it. If it has cash in the bank, but uses the cash to purchase, tax that already taxed money.

Wikipedia has a super long article on the various taxes so when any politician says we need more taxes, tell him you paid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_the_United_Statesits sad how taxed we are, two that really get me is Estate, and Gift sense they have already been taxed, oh and Savings if your lucky enough to have some then the Government wants a piece of what ever you make on it, no wonder only the richest one can truly retire

Robert A Whit
11-28-2012, 01:30 PM
its sad how taxed we are, two that really get me is Estate, and Gift sense they have already been taxed, oh and Savings if your lucky enough to have some then the Government wants a piece of what ever you make on it, no wonder only the richest one can truly retire

I endured that SOB Obama this AM trying to put all the blame on republicans as usual and prattling on and on about getting people to send e mails or make phone calls, etc. with the aim of keeping middle class tax hikes from happening. He already fooled the democrats as the election proved and he thinks so little of the rest of us, he believes that will work.

I honestly don't post with the aim of saving the rich one dollar. I happen to be honest and it's based on honesty of purpose that I can't stand what that SOB is up to.

Someone posted a chart with an explanation showing that the tax hikes will hit many more than just the rich.

Here is why I don't agree with shoving this problem over onto the rich.

First, if he taxes them, will it solve the problem. NO

No it will only mean he got funding for a few days.

And by taking that money, he believes he can keep spending. Notice in his talks, he does not say he will prove he will first cut spending since that is his ace in the hole.

He knows his party history. That of fooling republicans who cave into taxing the rich with the deal of cutting spending, yet they refuse to pass laws to cut spending.

What is cutting spending?

To me and most of you, it means that the spending of the federal goverment is less dollars than last year. Since Obama nas raised super spending to the highest level in history, he ought to have plenty to use. HE knows very well he will veto any bill that has spending cuts.

I don't trust that SOB.

In the past, we did have one president who wanted tax cuts and spending cuts who did send in an honest proposed law that did both. Year to year he spent less.

Now who was that? Some of you may want to give the answer. I am surprised. I heard this on CSPAN. Days ago in fact.

Obama is a con artist. This is how he got elected then elected again. He cons people.

The man is a blame artist. Notice he is never at fault.

Always takes all teh credit.

Won't admit it was Bush that shoved billions at the auto industry and all Obama did is do more of it.

I am so sick.

And the public being stupid put him back in office.

What has this country turned into?

red states rule
11-29-2012, 02:58 AM
100 years ago, America was not the land of taxes. Here is a list of taxes that did not exist 100 years ago, and producers could prosper without giving a large portion of their profits to the government
Regardless, you'll be appalled to learn that over the last 100 years, the following taxes have mysteriously appeared:
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75
cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS
Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Sales Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal
Service Fee T ax
Telephone Federal, State and
Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage
Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and
Nonrecurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and
Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License
Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relentless-conservative/taxes-who-needs-em-americ_b_895125.html

Larrymc
11-29-2012, 07:31 AM
100 years ago, America was not the land of taxes. Here is a list of taxes that did not exist 100 years ago, and producers could prosper without giving a large portion of their profits to the governmentwe all know were being tax to death but when you see it laid out like that its upsetting, especially the bubbled taxed,

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2012, 09:46 AM
I am so sick.

And the public being stupid put him back in office.

What has this country turned into?

What indeed!???
Its turned into the BAMA REPUBLIC, that is a bananna republic that hasnt quite falllen into third world status. Have no fear, I predict the bama can get us all the way there this term. He will nurse this newly created baby right on into its proper role just like his masters instruct him to do.--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
100 years ago, America was not the land of taxes. Here is a list of taxes that did not exist 100 years ago, and producers could prosper without giving a large portion of their profits to the government

King George, err I mean king obama knows the colonists arent paying enough taxes. He rides in to punish those that have too much. All those making over 250K a year! Thats the ticket, steal from those that produce, that take risks, and that employ most of the others. Destroy the engine that drives the nation. Its not a mistake on his part, its intentional and he knows what the results will be--More poverty and misery! A far lesser nation, one that has far less influence in he world and thats the goal! We had those that crashed airplanes into buildings , now we have one that crashes the nation into a debt wall in order to effect great change! And the insanity is he is being praised for it by his fans.. Stupidity knows no limits.... His treason is applauded because most are too damn blind to see it.. -Tyr