PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Katrina Continues

red states rule
11-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Here is another reason why the left hates Fox News. As the snow flies and the temps drop - people in NY are still without the help they desperately need. Meanwhile Obama did take time for a photo-op and then forgot about them
Sandy Victim Promised ‘Immediate Help’ by Obama Speaks Out on Fox News: ‘I’ve Gotten Nothing’ On Sunday, TheBlaze reported (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sandy-victim-promised-immediate-help-by-president-obama-still-in-the-cold/) on Sandy victim Donna Vanzant’s progress in the wake of the storm that left her business with roughly $500,000 in losses.
Vanzant’s case is special, in particular, because in many ways she became the public face of President Obama’s sympathy after the storm. The photo of the two hugging has been prominently featured (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/10/31/president-obama-new-jersey-we-are-here-you) on the White House website since October 31.
The president personally told Vanzant that she would get help “immediately,” issuing a public statement to the federal government that they were to cut any and all “red tape.”
Still on her own roughly a month later, Vanzant said last week that she’s come to believe President Obama “wasted a lot of people’s time” during his tour.
On Monday Vanzant appeared on Fox News, where she went a step further.
“It’s frustrating for me that that picture is even out there right now,” she said.
When asked how she felt when Obama first arrived, she said:
“I was very excited and felt warmed by the embrace, thinking, ‘This is really gonna happen, I’m going to get the help I need, because you promised that,’ [but] it’s been almost a month now and I’ve gotten no help. [I've] gotten nothing but, ‘No you’re not covered for this, no you’re not covered for that.’”

Vanzant explained that she’s been in the marina business since 1996 and has flood insurance, but because of the way the storm hit– the damage caused more by rising sea levels than torrential rain– her insurance apparently won’t cover it.
She has been offered a loan at 4-6%, she added, but at this point would not be able to make the monthly payment.
“It’s kind of confusing to me, I didn’t expect that. I expected when I was introduced to the director of FEMA, and the president told him to get me immediate help, I thought I was getting help from FEMA itself, not that I would have to go get a loan,” she explained. ”It’s just greatly affected so many people…My family, my employees…”
Watch the complete interview, via Fox News (http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/11/27/sandy-victim-says-president-didnt-follow-through-on-promise-to-help/#more-99419), below:
<iframe width="466" height="263" src="http://video.insider.foxnews.com/v/video-embed.html?video_id=1991349468001&w=466&h=263&loc=theblaze.com" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><noscript>Watch the latest video at &lt;a href="http://video.insider.foxnews.com"&gt;video.insider.foxnews.com&lt;/a&gt;</noscript>

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sandy-victim-promised-immediate-help-by-obama-speaks-out-on-fox-news-ive-gotten-nothing/

taft2012
11-28-2012, 08:06 AM
The NY Times is trying to provide Obama with some air cover by playing to class envy. They point out that Sea Gate in Brooklyn and Breezy Point in Queens are "gated communities".

IOW, screw them, and completely ignore the fact that Breezy Point is largely a middle-class enclave of first responders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/27/nyregion/new-york-city-enclaves-long-gated-want-to-let-in-storm-aid.html?smid=fb-share&_r=1&

Sea Gate looks the same as many storm-scattered waterfront communities do. Home after home torn apart by the ocean. Streets filled with sand. Shattered sidewalks and clogged sewers. A sea wall, which had already been inadequate to the task of safeguarding residents, reduced to rubble.

Ordinarily, New York City or other governmental entities might take over the tasks of restoring a middle-class neighborhood like this. But Sea Gate, with its 850 homes on Coney Island’s western tip, is not an ordinary neighborhood. It is a 113-year-old private, gated community, where the razor-wire-topped fences and armed security checkpoints that keep outsiders from its streets, beaches and parks serve as a constant reminder that the residents of this community have chosen to live somewhat apart.

Once the gilded retreat of the Vanderbilt family, Sea Gate, like other gated communities in New York, preserved its exclusivity with the promise that the residents would assume the costs of community upkeep, maintaining their own streets, parks and sewer systems and even fielding the distinct Sea Gate Police Department.

The special status endured, through occasional controversy and political efforts to open the streets to the public, because of the community’s self-sufficiency.

But the damage inflicted by Hurricane Sandy (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/h/hurricanes_and_tropical_storms/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) to Sea Gate, in Brooklyn, and another gated community, Breezy Point, in Queens, was so monumental that residents who are already struggling to figure out how they will pay to rebuild their homes say they cannot afford to pay the additional cost of repairing communal infrastructure. So neighborhoods that have long held the rest of the city at arm’s length now seek the financial embrace of the city, state and federal governments.

That turnaround has been ill-received among some on the other side of the fence from Sea Gate, in historically troubled apartment towers like Sea Rise, where Cesar Catala, 29, picked up some hot food from a relief tent on Monday.

“They seclude themselves,” said Mr. Catala, who has lived in Coney Island nearly his entire life. “We don’t have problems with Sea Gate, but they put their noses down at us. We get treated like we’re second class, just because they live in houses and we live in the projects and we rent. They say they need assistance and, fine, maybe they do need assistance. But they have insurance on their houses. We don’t have insurance. We don’t have much out here.”

Oh, if only those rich 1 percenters played ball with the rest of us, we would help them.

The NY Times is setting the table to explain why Obama's help will never arrive.

Maybe we need a country & western singer to do a Kanye West at the Country Music Awards and say "President Obama doesn't care about white people."

I'd love to see it, but it'll never happen.

aboutime
11-28-2012, 09:15 AM
How long will it take for those people who so LOVINGLY voted for Obama...living in NY and NJ, to finally get it?

Many of us have been trying to tell them; since long before the 2008 election that put Obama in the W/H. They should beware of voting for a LIAR who's only purpose in life was to FOOL the easily led, gullible, uninformed Americans LIKE THEM.

So. How's that working out for all of you? Now, almost a month after the OBAMA PHOTO OP?

Trigg
11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Obama doesn't feel the need to help rich white people. They're not the ones voting for him.

I'm sure bambam's constituancy is loving the fact that it's the wealthy who are hurting instead of them for once.

His entire presidency seems to be based on class envy.

red states rule
11-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Obama doesn't feel the need to help rich white people. They're not the ones voting for him.

I'm sure bambam's constituancy is loving the fact that it's the wealthy who are hurting instead of them for once.

I am willing to bet he carried Stanton Island and yet these same Dems would probably vote for him again as they are still homeless and freezing their liberal asses off waiting for the government to "help" them

Larrymc
11-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Here is another reason why the left hates Fox News. As the snow flies and the temps drop - people in NY are still without the help they desperately need. Meanwhile Obama did take time for a photo-op and then forgot about themhttp://www.theblaze.com/stories/sandy-victim-promised-immediate-help-by-obama-speaks-out-on-fox-news-ive-gotten-nothing/Is anyone surprised that they have been forgotten, I mean really like who were dealing with and there's no election and no hope for reelection so why would he wast any more time on them?? Wonder how many voted for him??

aboutime
11-28-2012, 05:46 PM

Trigg. I agree with you about who voted for him. But. We cannot forget WHERE most of the Money Obama got during the campaign came from. You know? Those terrible Rich people from the LEFT Coast we call Hollyweirdo"s?

red states rule
11-29-2012, 03:17 AM
I stand corrected. I forgot how the liberal media shaped the election. Obama played Santa Claus and promised to give people all sorts of handouts and freebies even though he knew he knew he way lying. The election was all about how Obama "cared" about people and that evil bastard Mitt does not care about people. Remember the exit poll on which candidate "cared" the most about the voters? I think it was 81-17% for Obama. OK folks - you voted for it and now you got it.

taft2012
11-29-2012, 07:52 AM
How long will it take for those people who so LOVINGLY voted for Obama...living in NY and NJ, to finally get it?

Many of us have been trying to tell them; since long before the 2008 election that put Obama in the W/H. They should beware of voting for a LIAR who's only purpose in life was to FOOL the easily led, gullible, uninformed Americans LIKE THEM.

So. How's that working out for all of you? Now, almost a month after the OBAMA PHOTO OP?

I can assure you that Obama did not pick up many votes on Staten Island's south shore, in Breezy Point, or along Long Island's south shore. And Obama is well aware of that.

Obama borrowed $1 billion from China and handed it over to Haiti quicker than he's gotten anything to people in these areas.

Quite frankly, Obama is a hateful and vindictive man and these people aren't going to get shit. It's obvious, and that's why the NY Times is already constructing excuses for him. If you read the "comments" section in the NY Times piece you will also see how much Obama supporters in NY and NJ absolutely despise the people who live in these areas as well, which is something else that Obama is well aware of too.

And since the media never calls Obama out on his lies he's going to come out of this smelling like a rose.