PDA

View Full Version : lmao

Trinity
11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Some of you may remember the whole saga of my 16 year old moving back in with me. I went back in August and filed for change of address for him and to have child support re-evaluated since he was living with me again.

I got a court date set for September.

My ex then calls me and tells me the day before court he has a lawyer and his lawyer wants to speak with me, and they are going to ask for a continuance. I started laughing and said why do you need a lawyer and why do you need a continuance? Its cut and dry, very simple there is a calculation system for child support and you are not fighting me over our son living with me. Sorry you can't negotiate child support.

After getting his lawyers name, I looked him up online he is a business attorney who works at the same company as my ex. :rolleyes:

So I contacted his lawyer and spoke with him he tells me he needs time to get together the papers for my ex's income, to do the calculations. I was like seriously dude it doesn't take that long to plug in numbers. I can do it in like 5 minutes. And last time we went to court for child support the judge did it himself in like 20 minutes. So whats up? He says well I just want to make sure I have everything together first. I went ahead and agreed to the continuance.

The judge accepted the continuance and pushed it out 45 days so we are now at 2 months after the original filing.

I get a call last night from my ex, he says my lawyer is going to ask for another continuance so you don't have to got to court tomorrow. :wtf:

I said why? Your lawyer has had 45 days to get this shit done, why would he need another continuance? My ex says he needs to get the paperwork completed. SERIOUSLY he has had enough time to get it ready. My ex says well my lawyer wants you to call him so he can discuss it with you.

Needless to say I spoke with the lawyer this morning and he needs about another week because he wants to make sure he has the answers for everything listed in the calculation for child support. I said look we have done this before, the judge is completely fine with any agreement we come to, as long as it is being done. All they care about is that me and my ex are in agreement. I doubt he is going to ask you a whole bunch of questions on the income amounts reported and why we have made an agreement. I told him it is very simple cut and dry. His lawyer says well you have had more experience in this then I have, and you may be right. I then said why didn't my ex tell you how it went last time we went to court, when my son moved in with him, he was there. His lawyer said well I don't think he really understands this stuff. :laugh: so my ex's lawyer basically called him a dumb ass in a nice way....that was great!

And I still have no idea why my ex hired a lawyer for child support re-evaluation. Oh wait yes I do he's an idiot :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Some of you may remember the whole saga of my 16 year old moving back in with me. I went back in August and filed for change of address for him and to have child support re-evaluated since he was living with me again.

I got a court date set for September.

My ex then calls me and tells me the day before court he has a lawyer and his lawyer wants to speak with me, and they are going to ask for a continuance. I started laughing and said why do you need a lawyer and why do you need a continuance? Its cut and dry, very simple there is a calculation system for child support and you are not fighting me over our son living with me. Sorry you can't negotiate child support.

After getting his lawyers name, I looked him up online he is a business attorney who works at the same company as my ex. :rolleyes:

So I contacted his lawyer and spoke with him he tells me he needs time to get together the papers for my ex's income, to do the calculations. I was like seriously dude it doesn't take that long to plug in numbers. I can do it in like 5 minutes. And last time we went to court for child support the judge did it himself in like 20 minutes. So whats up? He says well I just want to make sure I have everything together first. I went ahead and agreed to the continuance.

The judge accepted the continuance and pushed it out 45 days so we are now at 2 months after the original filing.

I get a call last night from my ex, he says my lawyer is going to ask for another continuance so you don't have to got to court tomorrow. :wtf:

I said why? Your lawyer has had 45 days to get this shit done, why would he need another continuance? My ex says he needs to get the paperwork completed. SERIOUSLY he has had enough time to get it ready. My ex says well my lawyer wants you to call him so he can discuss it with you.

Needless to say I spoke with the lawyer this morning and he needs about another week because he wants to make sure he has the answers for everything listed in the calculation for child support. I said look we have done this before, the judge is completely fine with any agreement we come to, as long as it is being done. All they care about is that me and my ex are in agreement. I doubt he is going to ask you a whole bunch of questions on the income amounts reported and why we have made an agreement. I told him it is very simple cut and dry. His lawyer says well you have had more experience in this then I have, and you may be right. I then said why didn't my ex tell you how it went last time we went to court, when my son moved in with him, he was there. His lawyer said well I don't think he really understands this stuff. :laugh: so my ex's lawyer basically called him a dumb ass in a nice way....that was great!

And I still have no idea why my ex hired a lawyer for child support re-evaluation. Oh wait yes I do he's an idiot :laugh:

For what its worth, Ive been through two divorces and the second one I won custody of my daughter !
My advice is to not do him or his lawyer any favors, they've had plenty of time and this stalling is just yanking your chain IMHO.
Do not agree or even talk to his attorney if they attempt another continuance. Reject it and get 'er done!--Tyr

Trinity
11-28-2012, 11:54 AM
For what its worth, Ive been through two divorces and the second one I won custody of my daughter !
My advice is to not do him or his lawyer any favors, they've had plenty of time and this stalling is just yanking your chain IMHO.
Do not agree or even talk to his attorney if they attempt another continuance. Reject it and get 'er done!--Tyr

His attorney just called me back...He contacted the judge and the judge said NO....:laugh:

jimnyc
11-28-2012, 12:01 PM
There should be NO negotiations when it comes to child support, IMO. My sister was receiving child support for a long time and then one day the boys Dad just stopped paying and went off the radar. Being he lives in NY and she in NJ, it went between 2 offices, and neither really wanted to do anything other than wait, while the financial hit took it's toll on her and her son. After 13 months they finally issued a warrant, but really wouldn't enforce it. Somehow he must have found out as he did finally show for a court date, but told the judge that his lawyer was on vacation and he needed an extension to wait for him, and they allowed it without ever asking about the support. The next date they asked for a continuance, which was granted, again with no questions asked. Finally, after about 15 months overdue, he showed in court for a hearing and brought a cashiers check. While that's all great, when he finally reared his ugly head after not paying for so long, they should have grabbed him then and there and forced his hand.

Little-Acorn
11-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Yep, they were yanking your chain. I'm surprised you fell for it the first time. Good job not caving twice.

Kathianne
11-28-2012, 12:04 PM
There should be NO negotiations when it comes to child support, IMO. My sister was receiving child support for a long time and then one day the boys Dad just stopped paying and went off the radar. Being he lives in NY and she in NJ, it went between 2 offices, and neither really wanted to do anything other than wait, while the financial hit took it's toll on her and her son. After 13 months they finally issued a warrant, but really wouldn't enforce it. Somehow he must have found out as he did finally show for a court date, but told the judge that his lawyer was on vacation and he needed an extension to wait for him, and they allowed it without ever asking about the support. The next date they asked for a continuance, which was granted, again with no questions asked. Finally, after about 15 months overdue, he showed in court for a hearing and brought a cashiers check. While that's all great, when he finally reared his ugly head after not paying for so long, they should have grabbed him then and there and forced his hand.

That should not happen to anyone. Of all the nasty things I could say and think of my ex, the one he never pulled was screwing with child support. It was taken out of his check. When he switched companies, he had them automatically send the support to me.

jimnyc
11-28-2012, 12:07 PM
That should not happen to anyone. Of all the nasty things I could say and think of my ex, the one he never pulled was screwing with child support. It was taken out of his check. When he switched companies, he had them automatically send the support to me.

Nevermind everything that happens prior to a child coming into this world - one he/she does, he has 2 parents, and both need to remain committed and responsible. Not only did this dipshit not pay for that amount of time, he hasn't seen his son but a few times after he was born, but nothing, no contact at all since he turned 1, and the kid is like 8yrs old now.

Kathianne
11-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Nevermind everything that happens prior to a child coming into this world - one he/she does, he has 2 parents, and both need to remain committed and responsible. Not only did this dipshit not pay for that amount of time, he hasn't seen his son but a few times after he was born, but nothing, no contact at all since he turned 1, and the kid is like 8yrs old now.

That's sad, though the boy is probably better off not being influenced by him.

tailfins
11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
I was lucky in that my relationships with American women disintegrated early in the dating stage. My credit my mom with raising me as anti-feminist. I have seen a couple of my nephews on the child support treadmill. Jim sounds like a Democrat on this issue. Sometimes a person's life goes down the toilet and they disappear because they don't want anyone to see how far they have fallen. Unless it can be expunged after a payment agreement has been reached warrants, charges and arrests are not the solution because it makes the defendant unemployable. If they owe child support, the liberal line of not leaving the disabled destitute goes right out the window. I just don't see how choking away the will to live helps bring about payment. No-fault divorce laws make it necessary not to accumulate assets. Having assets just puts a huge bounty on filing for divorce.

Robert A Whit
11-28-2012, 01:46 PM
I read the replies.

I have gone through this very thing.

The idea here is to put the child first. That is both parents job. The child is the innocent party.

I have read great replies. What I can't understand is why he has not paid zip. Does the man think his child does not have needs? Later in life, the child will only return as much love and respect as the dad gave him/her.

Trinity
11-28-2012, 03:54 PM
so court proceeded as it was supposed to.......... and I found out he was making more money then he originally told me, when I met with his lawyer before court started.

So needless to say he is paying more then he thought he was going to be paying, and I stuck him with the court costs :laugh: he said "damn you took me to court then made me pay for it too"....well duh

aboutime
11-28-2012, 03:56 PM
so court proceeded as it was supposed to.......... and I found out he was making more money then he originally told me, when I met with his lawyer before court started.

So needless to say he is paying more then he thought he was going to be paying, and I stuck him with the court costs :laugh: he said "damn you took me to court then made me pay for it too"....well duh

Good for you. Stay strong. The children MUST always come first. Cowards who try to hide from their responsibilities deserve Nothing.

tailfins
11-28-2012, 03:59 PM

Based on what you have told me, even I have no sympathy for your ex. It would be a different story if he was downsized and living in squalor.

Trinity
11-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Based on what you have told me, even I have no sympathy for your ex. It would be a different story if he was downsized and living in squalor.

You know at one point he did get laid off and I understand that, things happen, but even with that being said he has no house payment, no car payment and a girlfriend who pays all the utilities. So no I do not feel bad for him having to pay $300.00 more a month then what he was paying me.