PDA

View Full Version : Board timing out

Robert A Whit
11-28-2012, 02:12 PM
I read that Drummond has problems with the board timing out as he tries to post.

When I arrived, that also happened to me. I lost posts that were done because of it. I would hit submit and get informed I had to sign in. Singing back in, the post was gone.

Anyway, I had no idea how to solve it.

Suddenly out of the blue, i could post and not be timed out. I don't even have to log in as of now.

God, please don't let anybody force me to log in. I enjoy being able to start right in and no longer lose my posts.

I have no idea how to help Drummond short of telling him that the gods of this forum made some change that helped me.

Abbey Marie
11-28-2012, 02:26 PM
I read that Drummond has problems with the board timing out as he tries to post.

When I arrived, that also happened to me. I lost posts that were done because of it. I would hit submit and get informed I had to sign in. Singing back in, the post was gone.

Anyway, I had no idea how to solve it.

Suddenly out of the blue, i could post and not be timed out. I don't even have to log in as of now.

God, please don't let anybody force me to log in. I enjoy being able to start right in and no longer lose my posts.

I have no idea how to help Drummond short of telling him that the gods of this forum made some change that helped me.

Same here. After one of the board upgrades, I stopped having that problem. Jim is the techie and can address this much better than I. Anyway, my solution at the time was to copy my post into memory every line or so, so that it wouldn't be lost when the board timed out.

I DO have to log in, though. :eek:

Robert A Whit
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Same here. After one of the board upgrades, I stopped having that problem. Jim is the techie and can address this much better than I. Anyway, my solution at the time was to copy my post into memory every line or so, so that it wouldn't be lost when the board timed out.

I DO have to log in, though. :eek:

I had kept checking the box "remember me" but that was not saving me. The last time I checked it, I am able to not have to log in. Something changed. I can't explain it.

I don't see that check box now. Also, I don't log out.

jimnyc
11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Checking the box to remember you is a great first step. But the board will still log you out after 30 minutes of inactivity. And writing a very long post counts as inactivity, as far as the board is concerned, your session is idle as you type away.

If you're going to take that long to write a post, open a second tab and refresh the site or do anything every ten minutes or so, just to keep your current session active.

Or, does this happen when making posts that take less than 30 minutes? That shouldn't happen and never happens to me, but I rarely take so long to write a post. Sometimes when you have "session" issues like that, it's wise to delete your cookies and start again.