PDA

View Full Version : With all these candidates

05-28-2007, 01:15 AM
In the primary, what do you think the chances of an independent run from someone in the general election who doesnt like the results?

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 01:47 AM
In the primary, what do you think the chances of an independent run from someone in the general election who doesnt like the results?

Doub't that would happen.

Pale Rider
05-28-2007, 02:42 AM

If this amnesty bill passes, I think the chances are going to get real good.

Doniston
05-28-2007, 11:09 AM
In the primary, what do you think the chances of an independent run from someone in the general election who doesnt like the results? At one time I thought McCain might, and would actually have a chance. (But he has shot himself in the foot)

Now, tho I can see a possibility of that happening. the Political mood is not quite to the point that even with 65% of the people willing ti Jump ship from their present parties I don't think they would have the confidence to jump to a third or independant party. ( and in general thinking, wasting their vote.

HOWEVER, In a few months it may be an entirely different story when more of the DITW Republicans decide that the present party is no longer their cup-of-tea.

Frankly, I would be happy to see a ground-swell for an independent third party demo/republican contestant.

5stringJeff
05-28-2007, 03:27 PM
With both fields wide open, no independent has a shot this year.

If this were 2004, and it was Dubya vs. Shillary (two party-line candidates), a third-party candidate would be a great option. There are no such candidates on either side this year, with the GOP nomination wide open and Hillary being seriously challenged by at least Edwards and Obama right now.

That said, if the GOP candidate is McCain, I'll vote for the Constitution Party candidate.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 04:41 PM
With both fields wide open, no independent has a shot this year.

If this were 2004, and it was Dubya vs. Shillary (two party-line candidates), a third-party candidate would be a great option. There are no such candidates on either side this year, with the GOP nomination wide open and Hillary being seriously challenged by at least Edwards and Obama right now.

That said, if the GOP candidate is McCain, I'll vote for the Constitution Party candidate.

Theres always Ross Perot :)

5stringJeff
05-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Theres always Ross Perot :)

Cue "giant sucking sound" video... :D

Doniston
05-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Theres always Ross Perot :) or "the donald" HEH HEH

(with Rosey as his running Mate). LMAO

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 07:35 PM
or "the donald" HEH HEH

(with Rosey as his running Mate). LMAO

Do you try to be an itiot or does it come natural?

Doniston
05-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Do you try to be an itiot or does it come natural? what's an itiot? and BTW it was joke.

DragonStryk72
05-29-2007, 04:10 AM
I think the chances are fairly good, most likely from Ron Paul, who has definitely done against the stream that everyone else is taking. I mean, his points are extremely valid, and that's the problem, he won't make it through the primaries.