PDA

View Full Version : So much for Sharia Law not being applied to non-Muslims...

Marcus Aurelius
11-29-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8120142/Christian-woman-sentenced-to-death-in-Pakistan-for-blasphemy.html

A Christian woman has been sentenced to hang in Pakistan after being convicted of defaming the Prophet Mohammed.

As of 2009, much of Pakistan operates under Sharia law.

jafar00
11-29-2012, 01:17 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8120142/Christian-woman-sentenced-to-death-in-Pakistan-for-blasphemy.html

As of 2009, much of Pakistan operates under Sharia law.

Actually Pakistan has been a lawless "wild west" for quite some time.

Remember these are the same people that shot that schoolgirl for wanting an education.

logroller
11-29-2012, 01:29 AM

Remember these are the same people that shot that schoolgirl for wanting an education.
The "wild west" wasn't all that wild. That's just what the movies played it up as. Just because something is popularized doesn't make it true; its a stereotype, like all Muslims being jihadi terrorists.
But I was thinking about that girl who was shot; that atleast this woman had a trial. I'm hoping the execution might be vacated. I'm against the death penalty when there's a reasonable chance of the person feeling remorse. Blasphemy, I would think, would be an act which one could repent and be forgiven. Even the grand inquisition allowed for such.

Marcus Aurelius
11-29-2012, 01:30 AM

Pakistan has Sharia Law in the vast majority, and has since 2009. To claim otherwise is a lie.

jafar00
11-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Pakistan has Sharia Law in the vast majority, and has since 2009. To claim otherwise is a lie.

I'm sorry but if the Taliban are involved, it is Taliban law, not Sharia law. They even lock men up and give them beatings for not having long enough beards.

Marcus Aurelius
11-29-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm sorry but if the Taliban are involved, it is Taliban law, not Sharia law. They even lock men up and give them beatings for not having long enough beards.

dumb ass

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2009/04/pakistan_signs_shari.php

Pakistan signs sharia bill into law

jafar00
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
dumb ass

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2009/04/pakistan_signs_shari.php

Pakistan signs sharia bill into law

So the Taliban forced the Pakistani govt to sign the bill through terrorism. Their version of what they call sharia is not sharia but talibania.

Marcus Aurelius
11-29-2012, 01:33 PM
So the Taliban forced the Pakistani govt to sign the bill through terrorism. Their version of what they call sharia is not sharia but talibania.

Again, you claim to know better than the rest of the world.

You're an arrogant, narcissistic prick.

aboutime
11-29-2012, 01:48 PM
I am fully convinced. jafar is a proxy, pretend, terrorist in Obama Clothing.

jimnyc
11-29-2012, 01:56 PM

Let's look back at the article that started this thread - what are typical punishments for blasphemy then, in a country run by Sharia law?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2012, 07:19 PM
The "wild west" wasn't all that wild. That's just what the movies played it up as. Just because something is popularized doesn't make it true; its a stereotype, like all Muslims being jihadi terrorists.
But I was thinking about that girl who was shot; that atleast this woman had a trial. I'm hoping the execution might be vacated. I'm against the death penalty when there's a reasonable chance of the person feeling remorse. Blasphemy, I would think, would be an act which one could repent and be forgiven. Even the grand inquisition allowed for such.

Why would you think one must be forgiven for blasphemy , as if not doing so would justify a death sentence(?)
In no sane or just world does blasphemy call for taking a human's life! The fact that the woman got a trial that was sure to give her a death sentence is not a positive LOG. Whether she denies her faith or feels or admits remorse is not relevant. Simply because the death sentence for blasphemy is insane, barbaric and unjust by any decent standard in the world. Here, I call their Allah a damn worshipping of Satan. Now should I be put to death?
F-them!! I will not yield to such barbaric and insane garbage myself. That a rational person can even try to justify such evil is insanity itself IMHO..-TYR

Drummond
11-29-2012, 09:48 PM

.... but ... WHY WOULD THEY ?

The Taliban had threatened to renew the violence in Swat if the sharia law was not signed by President Zardari. Amir Izzat, a spokesman for the pro-Taliban Tehrik-e-Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammed [TNSM or the Movement for the Enforcement of Mohammed's Law] threatened (http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/pakistan/nwfp/tnsm-warns-lawmakers-not-to-oppose-nizam-i-adl--za) to declare any member of parliament as a non-Muslim if they voted against the law. Sufi Mohammed, the leader of the TNSM, which serves as a front for the Taliban (http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2009/04/analysis_pakistani_t.php) in northwestern Pakistan, walked out on the peace agreement (http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2009/04/swat_peace_agreement.php) after bashing Zardari for not signing the sharia regulation into law.
Pakistan think they've been involved in signing Sharia Law into their legislation. The Taliban think so too, and got rather nasty when there was any hint of that not going through.

Yet YOU, Jafar, say that the Taliban don't even practice Sharia Law ???

How come everyone's getting this wrong except you ??

Face it, Jafar, Islam is a violent religion, it spawns savagery. Or will you keep denying the blindingly obvious ... and why even bother ??

revelarts
11-29-2012, 10:58 PM

Repent of offending Allah or Mohammed?

Look in my agnostic days if I was in country that worshiped mickey mouse and they told me i needed to kiss the Stone mickey Ear from heaven or die, Ida been a kissin to get my arse outta the crazyland.
But now, as a believer sitting here comfortably typing, I'd like to think that I'm not going to ask forgiveness of ANY false gods or prophets. sorry.
Just as many of the people during the inquisition didn't recant or give allegence to the popes and the R.C. church.

The blasphemy laws no doubt are sincere and in their minds justified, but frankly, it's BAD religion.

Some religions are worse than other. And though not without some positives, hardcore Islam is very Bad religion.

logroller
11-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Why would you think one must be forgiven for blasphemy , as if not doing so would justify a death sentence(?)
In no sane or just world does blasphemy call for taking a human's life! The fact that the woman got a trial that was sure to give her a death sentence is not a positive LOG. Whether she denies her faith or feels or admits remorse is not relevant. Simply because the death sentence for blasphemy is insane, barbaric and unjust by any decent standard in the world. Here, I call their Allah a damn worshipping of Satan. Now should I be put to death?
F-them!! I will not yield to such barbaric and insane garbage myself. That a rational person can even try to justify such evil is insanity itself IMHO..-TYR
i feel the same way about somebody convicted of murder. I have a standard for death punishment that is universal-- it's rather there is a reasonable expectation of the convicted finding remorse (real remorse, as opposed to merely not wanting to die). I'm against blasphemy laws btw; but that doesn't change my standard for the death penalty.
Damn tyr, you talk about Christianity having been reformed from its evil ways, yet here is a modicum of improvement that you refuse to recognize. Would it not have been worse if she'd been stoned and beaten by a vigilante mob? That's all I said. Didn't imply that I thought she deserved life; just not death.
Just as you think death for blasphemy is cruel and unusual punishment-- Plenty Of civilized societies think the death penalty is always cruel and unusual; yet i believe Ive seen you defend some executions as just-- even said your celebrate the killing of people you thought we're traitors for doing nothing more than gathering in support of civilians suffering from war-- that makes you barbaric to them.

I don't think you have as much respect for human life as you let on. ff everybody who gets in your way. So spare me the self- righteous insanity lecture. I don't take any better to insults than you do. I'm aware your stand, but just because you think it's right for you, doesn't mean it's right for everybody. If you want to convince someone of something you stand for you'd have better luck by encouraging them for every little thing they do that isn't wrong. Condemning them at every turn will only harden their resolve. If you want them to be peaceful, do so with encouragement, not kicks in the ass.

gabosaurus
11-29-2012, 11:48 PM
If you live in a Muslim country that observes Sharia law, you can't expect to escape law by claiming to be a non-Muslim.

In Singapore, you can be jailed for six months for spitting on the sidewalk. In China, you can be jailed for speaking against the government.

If you know something is a crime in the country you are in, don't expect lenience if you it anyway.

CSM
11-30-2012, 06:58 AM
If you live in a Muslim country that observes Sharia law, you can't expect to escape law by claiming to be a non-Muslim.

In Singapore, you can be jailed for six months for spitting on the sidewalk. In China, you can be jailed for speaking against the government.

If you know something is a crime in the country you are in, don't expect lenience if you it anyway.

In the US, illegal immigrants ... oh, never mind ....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-30-2012, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=revelarts;596467]Repent of offending Allah or Mohammed? QUOTE]

Does not matter much , they will execute a person for offending either one . Yet they claim they do not worship Muhammad. Yet treat the lying, murdering , robbing , child molesting pervert as deity.. --Tyr

Larrymc
11-30-2012, 07:28 PM

As of 2009, much of Pakistan operates under Sharia law.what ever you call it, its coming here, the one in the White House is moving it along, they first have to push Christianity out, but the immoral, deviants and the do what fells good crowd, are doing most of the work, all they have to do is what they have done else were, Wait

Marcus Aurelius
11-30-2012, 10:07 PM

But jafarr assured us non-Muslims are not bound by Sharia Law... that it ONLY applied to Muslims.

Did he... lie???

Marcus Aurelius
11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
.... but ... WHY WOULD THEY ?

Pakistan think they've been involved in signing Sharia Law into their legislation. The Taliban think so too, and got rather nasty when there was any hint of that not going through.

Yet YOU, Jafar, say that the Taliban don't even practice Sharia Law ???

How come everyone's getting this wrong except you ??

Face it, Jafar, Islam is a violent religion, it spawns savagery. Or will you keep denying the blindingly obvious ... and why even bother ??

Facts are irrelevant to Jafar. If he said it, as far as he is concerned, that is the ONLY truth there is.

Larrymc
11-30-2012, 11:29 PM
But jafarr assured us non-Muslims are not bound by Sharia Law... that it ONLY applied to Muslims.

Did he... lie???i don't think he lied, but there Terrorist, and remember Obama tells us that Terrorist have highjacked a peaceful religion

aboutime
12-01-2012, 03:16 PM
i don't think he lied, but there Terrorist, and remember Obama tells us that Terrorist have highjacked a peaceful religion

Obama has to say that. He can't tell us the truth, and admit he enjoyed being Hijacked by his Brothers in the Brotherhood.
Nor will he admit to being the Torch Bearer that replaced OBL after Obama bragged about his demise. Which Obama privately seemed to Welcome with parties, and celebrations...that culminated in the ARAB SPRING.

Larrymc
12-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Obama has to say that. He can't tell us the truth, and admit he enjoyed being Hijacked by his Brothers in the Brotherhood.
Nor will he admit to being the Torch Bearer that replaced OBL after Obama bragged about his demise. Which Obama privately seemed to Welcome with parties, and celebrations...that culminated in the ARAB SPRING.True
Tr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Nor will he admit to being the Torch Bearer that replaced OBL after Obama bragged about his demise. Which Obama privately seemed to Welcome with parties, and celebrations...that culminated in the ARAB SPRING.

obama lied about the Arab spring and helped create the lie thatit wasademocracy movement. He knew damn well it was a muslim religion movement to oust dictaors that were not religious enough and that bargained with the west too much. In short he helped destroy our bought and paid for allies over there. Which is treason on his part. Fact..-Tyr

aboutime
12-05-2012, 08:42 PM
obama lied about the Arab spring and helped create the lie thatit wasademocracy movement. He knew damn well it was a muslim religion movement to oust dictaors that were not religious enough and that bargained with the west too much. In short he helped destroy our bought and paid for allies over there. Which is treason on his part. Fact..-Tyr

Tyr. We all know, pretty well. How many lies Obama has told, over, and over, and over again.
Fact is. He is working so hard to destroy this nation from within, on so many fronts...or topics. It's almost impossible
to point to any ONE subject that OBAMA hasn't lied about, or in violating his Oath of Office, and the Constitution.

As long as the Democrats have the Majority in the Senate. They control the ADVISE and CONSENT aspects of Senate duties that would, in an HONEST, TRUTHFUL Senate...instantly bring Obama up on Charges of CONTEMPT of CONGRESS, and Treason, as witnessed by MORE THAN TWO AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Until the Senate is not longer controlled by HARRY THE IDIOT REID. Nothing will be done to OBAMA.

America, as we used to know it. Is BROKEN, and on a course to join Democrats in the CESSPOOL of Ignorance.