PDA

View Full Version : Bedbugs Found Inside Ohio State Dorm

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 02:53 AM
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Exterminators swarmed three floors inside an Ohio State dormitory on Thursday after bedbugs were found in several rooms, NewsChannel5 partner ONN reported.

The bedbugs were located inside Jones Tower in the north campus area.

The pests were seen in three rooms. The university hired exterminators to go through 114 rooms on three floors to kill the blood-sucking pests, which were found in rooms on the 9th and 11th floors.

The dormitory's 10th floor was also being treated, according to the university.

"We need to get where the bedbugs could possibly hide, between meals," said Gerry Wegner, a Varment Guard entomologist. "Of course, their meals are us."

Student Ferdinand Fernando said that some of his friends had been a meal of bedbugs, a 1-inch creature that bites, but are not known to transmit disease.

"They had red marks on there that are bumpy," Fernando said.

Everything in the 114 rooms had to be packed up and moved out, Moore reported.

"I had to stay up all night and pack everything," said Thomas Ribbe, a student. "I didn't get any sleep until 5 o'clock."

"The main problem is that this is coming at the end of the quarter when they have a lot of other pressures," said Ruth Gerstner, spokeswoman for Student Affairs. "It is a disruption and we're really sorry about that."

The exterminating began at about 8 a.m. Thursday and was expected to conclude at 8 p.m. Friday, Moore reported.

Students were being asked to wash their clothes and linens in hot water.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/13396621/detail.html?subid=22100405&qs=1;bp=t

Ewwwwwwwww. How gross. How does somthing like that happen? Where do they come from? Watch I bet some smart ass who got bit is going to sue the school.