PDA

View Full Version : Getting into the Christmas (Sorry, holiday) spirit.

cadet
12-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I've been fighting since before thanksgiving, but I've caved now that it's December.
Finished all my Christmas shopping, got my brothers some nice stuff, and my mom and dad some amazing stuff. My sister's hard to shop for though.

Also, for ROTC we commute to a school with the actual program, so we have a bus driver. He happens to be a Vietnam vet/former Yankee player. (He's got some stories) And we give him hell pretty much every week, so to apologize we just went shopping for him. Went to an army surplus store, here's to hoping he loves it!
I've also got Christmas lights all over my dorm, and Christmas music blaring to everyone.

(Anyone who get's offended can kiss my arse, It's freedom of religion, not from it!) :yessir:

Trigg
12-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Your sister is going to love what you got her, it's very thoughtful..

Glad the lights look good in your dorm.

jafar00
12-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I've been fighting since before thanksgiving, but I've caved now that it's December.
Finished all my Christmas shopping, got my brothers some nice stuff, and my mom and dad some amazing stuff. My sister's hard to shop for though.

Also, for ROTC we commute to a school with the actual program, so we have a bus driver. He happens to be a Vietnam vet/former Yankee player. (He's got some stories) And we give him hell pretty much every week, so to apologize we just went shopping for him. Went to an army surplus store, here's to hoping he loves it!
I've also got Christmas lights all over my dorm, and Christmas music blaring to everyone.

(Anyone who get's offended can kiss my arse, It's freedom of religion, not from it!) :yessir:

Happy Saturnalia Winter Solstice Yuletide Isis Festival Christmas! :D

tailfins
12-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Happy Saturnalia Winter Solstice Yuletide Isis Festival Christmas! :D

Thanks, Jafar. This shows a real mindset of goodwill on your part. In spite of it not being YOUR celebration, you have the thoughtfulness to refer to Christmas by name. I also get the idea you place a high value on hospitality and business ethics. You are a fine addition to this forum! Not all (or even most) conservatives are racists!

jimnyc
12-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks, Jafar. This shows a real mindset of goodwill on your part. In spite of it not being YOUR celebration, you have the thoughtfulness to refer to Christmas by name. I also get the idea you place a high value on hospitality and business ethics. You are a fine addition to this forum! Not all (or even most) conservatives are racists!

What race are you referring to when speaking to Jafar? Asians? Blacks? Whites? Terrorists? Those who support terror groups? Oh, wait, those aren't races! LOL

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-02-2012, 06:20 PM
What race are you referring to when speaking to Jafar? Asians? Blacks? Whites? Terrorists? Those who support terror groups? Oh, wait, those aren't races! LOL

I saw that and thought he meant bigots but used the wrong word. As Islam isnt a race its a supposed great religion(although more a cult). The subject was Christmas wishes which again isnt race but a religious belief based upon a CHRISTIAN holiday.

Perhaps an explaination is in order here from the author.
However , I'd like to say up front now that not all democrats and liberals are bigots or racists.;) -Tyr

aboutime
12-02-2012, 07:31 PM

jimnyc. Notice how tailfins just managed to try and extract himself from any blame by telling the resident, terrorist, Muslim Brotherhood quasi-sponsor...he didn't want to be included with the rest of us he just managed, not to call Racists?

Also looks like jafar has been successful in suckering in a few members here. Making them feel embarrassed against the rest of us who ARE NOT AFRAID to call jafar out...for what he actually is.

tailfins
12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I just don't believe in guilt by association. I thought lefties were the adherents of the group guilt concept. I certainly don't believe in Islam, Buddhism, Mormonism or even Catholicism. That doesn't mean I can't do business with them. In proportion to the level he has been attacked, I would say that Jafar is beyond polite. While the math adds up better for conservative ideology, I would have to say the average liberal is nicer than the average conservative.

jimnyc
12-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I just don't believe in guilt by association. I thought lefties were the adherents of the group guilt concept. I certainly don't believe in Islam, Buddhism, Mormonism or even Catholicism. That doesn't mean I can't do business with them. In proportion to the level he has been attacked, I would say that Jafar is beyond polite. While the math adds up better for conservative ideology, I would have to say the average liberal is nicer than the average conservative.

Same here, and I only lay blame on terrorists and those who might otherwise be abusive or violent, and of course those who might support them.

cadet
12-02-2012, 08:39 PM
And back on topic (Out of the insults here please, else you'll get coal)

Everyone here finish their Christmas shopping? I've got cards to write, oh, and one more thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACApP94ei14

aboutime
12-02-2012, 08:40 PM

tailfins. Nor do I believe in Guilt by association. However. In jafar's case. He has refused to admit he condones the terrorist tactics of Hamas, and in many instances. Is nearly 180 degree's opposite of those who oppose Terrorism, and Terrorists.
Not one of us knows whether jafar associates with Hamas, or any Terrorist faction. But his words seem to work like a supporter, and follower of terrorism should, and do.
That is not Guilt by association. It's more like Guilty by Admitting he agree's with those he might associate with, if given the chance.

jimnyc
12-02-2012, 08:44 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yasSkqJBytk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jafar00
12-02-2012, 11:06 PM

Thank you! After the meeting I just had with the random auditors that just showed up to get their sticky fingers in my books, you put a smile on my face! :)

Everyone here finish their Christmas shopping? I've got cards to write, oh, and one more thing.

I'll take the coal. Coal is just a diamond that did well under pressure. If it doesn't turn into one, I could always burn it to keep warm next winter! :laugh:

tailfins. Nor do I believe in Guilt by association. However. In jafar's case. He has refused to admit he condones the terrorist tactics of Hamas, and in many instances. Is nearly 180 degree's opposite of those who oppose Terrorism, and Terrorists.
Not one of us knows whether jafar associates with Hamas, or any Terrorist faction. But his words seem to work like a supporter, and follower of terrorism should, and do.
That is not Guilt by association. It's more like Guilty by Admitting he agree's with those he might associate with, if given the chance.

Have a look at the thread title. I know you are obsessed with following me around this forum harassing me at every opportunity, but this thread is about something else completely.

Have a Merry and Safe Christmas won't you. I know you probably wouldn't wish me a Happy Eid next time it comes around, but some of my atheist and Christian friends did so I thought I would congratulate you on your festival. Besides. Now I'm living in a western country I also get a Christmas holiday even if I don't have a tree with presents under it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-02-2012, 11:13 PM

nicer= "better" in most cases, thanks we knew you had deep inner supporting feelings for leftists/liberals. At least I did..-:laugh:-Tyr

Nukeman
12-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Can't forget this one.. Always a favorite!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37xPiRz1sg

Abbey Marie
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM

Sorry, Cadet. Tailfins apparently feels the need to insult others, regardless of the nature of the thread.

I am impressed with your thoughtfulness in shopping ahead of time. You obviously were raised right. ;)

jimnyc
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Since Hanukkah comes first this year, let's not forget the Hanukkah song!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EeC8nTYEwQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ESqJay4tT2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RBQ4-JY-kuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aboutime
12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Thank you! After the meeting I just had with the random auditors that just showed up to get their sticky fingers in my books, you put a smile on my face! :)

I'll take the coal. Coal is just a diamond that did well under pressure. If it doesn't turn into one, I could always burn it to keep warm next winter! :laugh:

Have a look at the thread title. I know you are obsessed with following me around this forum harassing me at every opportunity, but this thread is about something else completely.

Have a Merry and Safe Christmas won't you. I know you probably wouldn't wish me a Happy Eid next time it comes around, but some of my atheist and Christian friends did so I thought I would congratulate you on your festival. Besides. Now I'm living in a western country I also get a Christmas holiday even if I don't have a tree with presents under it.

jafar. Unfortunately for you. I am old enough. And have lived with people who talked about the Second World War, as they actually served in uniform during those years, oversea's. And they also reminded me to always beware of those Bearing Gifts, and those who bear False Witness as you seem to be doing above.
I still believe, and have seen your False Prophet act, and phony attempts to make me look like the bad guy with your patronizing remarks above. All while I remember someone else from the WWII era, who rules Germany, and even Celebrated Christmas and rewarded his THIRD REICH Troops with Stolen Treasures from those whom he murdered.
So. To anyone who believes you are the REALLY NICE GUY you are trying to make yourself look like here.
Laugh at them all you want.
As for me. You are still a Phony. And I don't care who you know, or claim to call your friends. You fooled them as well.

cadet
12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
jafar. Unfortunately for you. I am old enough. And have lived with people who talked about the Second World War, as they actually served in uniform during those years, oversea's. And they also reminded me to always beware of those Bearing Gifts, and those who bear False Witness as you seem to be doing above.
I still believe, and have seen your False Prophet act, and phony attempts to make me look like the bad guy with your patronizing remarks above. All while I remember someone else from the WWII era, who rules Germany, and even Celebrated Christmas and rewarded his THIRD REICH Troops with Stolen Treasures from those whom he murdered.
So. To anyone who believes you are the REALLY NICE GUY you are trying to make yourself look like here.
As for me. You are still a Phony. And I don't care who you know, or claim to call your friends. You fooled them as well.

Sorry, Cadet. Tailfins apparently feels the need to insult others, regardless of the nature of the thread.

Ia m impressed with your thoughtfulness in shopping ahead of time. You obviously were raised right. ;)

*Cough cough*, coal for Abouttime too :rolleyes:

aboutime
12-03-2012, 03:55 PM
*Cough cough*, coal for Abouttime too :rolleyes:

Thanks cadet. Not that it bothers me since I've heard that many times before. Usually whenever I use Honest facts, and the Truth as my guide.
You sound very Liberal today. Keep it up. The more, the merrier. And...thanks for the coal. I'll remember that.

cadet
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks cadet. Not that it bothers me since I've heard that many times before. Usually whenever I use Honest facts, and the Truth as my guide.
You sound very Liberal today. Keep it up. The more, the merrier. And...thanks for the coal. I'll remember that.

Pretty sure carpe diem isn't a liberal term :laugh:

And lighted up Grinch It's Christmas time! If i can't celebrate where we are as a country, I can at least celebrate that my faith is strong, my family is good, and my shopping is done!
Oh, and i'll soon be able to sing this jolly tune!

tailfins
12-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Ia m impressed with your thoughtfulness in shopping ahead of time. You obviously were raised right. ;)

There can't be a fair banter with someone with admin privileges and aren't afraid to use them. I get three thanks on that post in case you didn't notice. That's all I will say, since you're always right and won't hesitate to prove it.

aboutime
12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Pretty sure carpe diem isn't a liberal term :laugh:

And lighted up Grinch It's Christmas time! If i can't celebrate where we are as a country, I can at least celebrate that my faith is strong, my family is good, and my shopping is done!
Oh, and i'll soon be able to sing this jolly tune!

Good to hear cadet. Now. All you have to hope Santa will bring you for Christmas, is the ability to finally GROW UP.

cadet
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Good to hear cadet. Now. All you have to hope Santa will bring you for Christmas, is the ability to finally GROW UP.

aboutime
12-03-2012, 05:00 PM

4105 Merry Christmas!

jafar00
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM

What do I (or this thread for that matter) have to do with WWII?

... and a happy new (gregorian) year...

Abbey Marie
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM
There can't be a fair banter with someone with admin privileges and aren't afraid to use them. I get three thanks on that post in case you didn't notice. That's all I will say, since you're always right and won't hesitate to prove it.

Why yes, I am known far and wide for my unfairness.

jimnyc
12-03-2012, 08:14 PM

What is the problem with her and being an admin? Because she dared move a few peoples posts to another forum, because those posts were fighting and she thought out of line for that thread? Hardly worth noting that someone has admin privileges if that's the worst they've done.

jimnyc
12-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Why yes, I am known far and wide for my unfairness.

Hell, in all the time I've known you, not sure I can recall you ever banning anyone, or even thread banning. I think you may have asked people to quit the fighting once. And you have moved posts before. The horror of it all!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Why not?? Does her position here alter your words?? Does it negate them simply by her position ? Words stand on their own here IMHO. Far more so here than at other forums!
I get many thanks on my posts that you and others strongly disagree with but I dont cite my thanks in our exchanges! I let my words stand for good or bad, its the reader's responsibility to be diligent in weighing those words and comparing others words for or against them. -Tyr

aboutime
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
What do I (or this thread for that matter) have to do with WWII?

... and a happy new (gregorian) year...

I was speaking of WWII with Hitler as the person who pretended to celebrate Christmas. Much the way you pretend to do here.

That's what this thread, and your phony wishes have to do with this thread.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
What is the problem with her and being an admin? Because she dared move a few peoples posts to another forum, because those posts were fighting and she thought out of line for that thread? Hardly worth noting that someone has admin privileges if that's the worst they've done.

I was party to that thread and involved in the reason why it was moved. I found no gripe about it being moved and agreed that it was the right thing to do. We were free to have our say down where it was moved to without messing up the original thread. I say bravo to Abbey for a job impartially and well done myself! And IM 100% sincere in giving that bravo!--Tyr

jimnyc
12-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Why not?? Does her position here alter your words?? Does it negate them simply by her position ? Words stand on their own here IMHO. Far more so here than at other forums!
I get many thanks on my posts that you and others strongly disagree with but I dont cite my thanks in our exchanges! I let my words stand for good or bad, its the reader's responsibility to be diligent in weighing those words and comparing others words for or against them. -Tyr

Been this way as long as I've been around. If you're a staff member, eventually you become a nazi, biased, a hater and all kinds of other things. You're no longer allowed to have an opinion or debate without that being used as a tool against you. I've seen it happen to every single staff member I ever had, and every staff member of every political board I belong to. If someone has an issue with you, undoubtedly their skills as a staff member, or baseless and transparent accusations, will eventually come to the surface!! :beer:

jimnyc
12-03-2012, 08:25 PM
I was party to that thread and involved in the reason why it was moved. I found no gripe about it being moved and agreed that it was the right thing to do. We were free to have our say down where it was moved to without messing up the original thread. I say bravo to Abbey for a job impartially and well done myself! And IM 100% sincere in giving that bravo!--Tyr

Just like in a place of employment - most remarks hinge on how they are taken by the receiver. That's why it's always advised to leave the horseplay out of the office. If someone says something derogatory, one person may see it as hilarious while another sees it as a huge insult - and both would be right. As staff, we will move posts if we see an issue brewing as it was, or if someone reports a post.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Been this way as long as I've been around. If you're a staff member, eventually you become a nazi, biased, a hater and all kinds of other things. You're no longer allowed to have an opinion or debate without that being used as a tool against you. I've seen it happen to every single staff member I ever had, and every staff member of every political board I belong to. If someone has an issue with you, undoubtedly their skills as a staff member, or baseless and transparent accusations, will eventually come to the surface!! :beer:

Ive been set straight by you and by other staff here. Ive made no such accusations myself against any staff here . And I dare any here to go through my posts and post even one post made by me hinting at such an accusation! Ive even thanked you after getting a nasty pm telling me to cool it! Respect is earned and given for fairness and integrity in my book. I always try my best to give when its truly earned regardless of who earns it! Ive often sent pms saying as much to my opponents too when they showed honor. -Tyr

jimnyc
12-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Ive been set straight by you and by other staff here. Ive made no such accusations myself against any staff here . And I dare any here to go through my posts and post even one post made by me hinting at such an accusation! Ive even thanked you after getting a nasty pm telling me to cool it! Respect is earned and given for fairness and integrity in my book. I always try my best to give when its truly earned regardless of who earns it! Ive often sent pms saying as much to my opponents too when they showed honor. -Tyr

Let's face it, very, very few can say they never got out of line. Sometimes staff has little choice but to say something or to move posts. Sometimes it gets taken personally, sometimes people are cool and laugh about it. It's always water under the bridge to me, so long as both sides can move forward.

tailfins
12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Let's face it, very, very few can say they never got out of line. Sometimes staff has little choice but to say something or to move posts. Sometimes it gets taken personally, sometimes people are cool and laugh about it. It's always water under the bridge to me, so long as both sides can move forward.

Then I can presume I there won't another word about this from staff, right?

Nukeman
12-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Back to the thread.. Merry Christmas everyone!!

jimnyc
12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Then I can presume I there won't another word about this from staff, right?

If you think you are being abused or mistreated by a staff member going forward, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it. Going solely on the last thread that had posts moved, and this thread, I just don't see it. I will say, if no bitching was done to staff to begin with, for her simply doing what is expected of her, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. But I would imagine that if you let this go it will be the last you hear of it.

tailfins
12-04-2012, 12:06 PM
If you think you are being abused or mistreated by a staff member going forward, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it. Going solely on the last thread that had posts moved, and this thread, I just don't see it. I will say, if no bitching was done to staff to begin with, for her simply doing what is expected of her, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. But I would imagine that if you let this go it will be the last you hear of it.

You can tell if I TRULY don't like somebody: I don't engage them. Silence is my loudest shout. If they push: How come the silence from ...... because they know I'm right, they get a curt "you're not worth my time". If it's a decent person, but a long "sand trap" discussion, I just say, "we are wondering off in an area I'm not interested in."

Abbey Marie
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
It would have been the end of it, but I see the discusssion still goes on.
So, to clarify:
1. Moving the threads to the cage was warranted.
2. It's really easy to avoid having threads moved.
3. I 100% would and will do the same thing over again.

Now, that should be the end of it.

Merry Christmas everyone. :cool:

tailfins
12-04-2012, 01:58 PM
It would have been the end of it, but I see the discusssion still goes on.
So, to clarify:
1. Moving the threads to the cage was warranted.
2. It's really easy to avoid having threads moved.
3. I 100% would and will do the same thing over again.

Now, that should be the end of it.

Merry Christmas everyone. :cool:

Of course it should: It means you get the last word.

jimnyc
12-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Of course it should: It means you get the last word.

Abbey is not the type to try and get the last word and use her admin abilities in the process. She's welcome to speak her mind with others and they are free to speak theirs in return. I just think the admin thing has nothing at all to do with it. She never moderated anything in an abusive manner and has never moderated as a result of words with someone else. You're more then welcome to try and get the last word as well, but knowing that she has the right to reply in kind. Also, since her moving posts was the right thing to do, and part of her duties, so it's not right to toss her actions in her face, or to infer that she is somehow unfair. I would expect her to move posts if the shoes were on the other foot as well, and I have no doubt whatsoever she would have.

gabosaurus
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
My daughter ran into this problem when we were at Target last weekend. She wanted to get some Christmas cards to send out, so she asked an employee where they were. The young lady told her "the holiday cards are over here (pointing)."
My daughter was quick to correct her, saying "If they are cards for Christmas, they have to be Christmas cards."
The poor girl didn't say anything, but she was obviously embarrassed. I suppose the stores are instructing employees to be PC now. :rolleyes:

tailfins
12-04-2012, 04:16 PM
My daughter ran into this problem when we were at Target last weekend. She wanted to get some Christmas cards to send out, so she asked an employee where they were. The young lady told her "the holiday cards are over here (pointing)."
My daughter was quick to correct her, saying "If they are cards for Christmas, they have to be Christmas cards."
The poor girl didn't say anything, but she was obviously embarrassed. I suppose the stores are instructing employees to be PC now. :rolleyes:

That's not supposed to happen! When the AFA is made aware of things like this, they raise quite a stink. Check out this link:
http://www.afa.net/detail.aspx?id=2147486887

gabosaurus
12-04-2012, 05:32 PM
That's not supposed to happen! When the AFA is made aware of things like this, they raise quite a stink. Check out this link:
http://www.afa.net/detail.aspx?id=2147486887

I would put my daughter against any member of the AFA. She would tell them where they could stick their "holiday tree."

I have found that arguing with admins is like arguing with kids. You know you are never going to get the last word in. :laugh:

jafar00
12-05-2012, 01:04 AM
I was speaking of WWII with Hitler as the person who pretended to celebrate Christmas. Much the way you pretend to do here.

That's what this thread, and your phony wishes have to do with this thread.

I don't pretend to celebrate Christmas. I don't celebrate it at all. I am just wishing you the best for your celebration whether it be worshiping at the altar of the credit card, or celebrating the great Prophet Jesus (as).

cadet
12-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Finals are next week at college, so I'm celebrating this week.
(Cause next week I'll hate everyone)
Good bye sleep, HELLO magic elixir! :coffee:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't pretend to celebrate Christmas. I don't celebrate it at all. I am just wishing you the best for your celebration whether it be worshiping at the altar of the credit card, or celebrating the great Prophet Jesus (as).

Yet you insult Christians by declaring their Saviour -Jesus Christ, the Son of God to be a mere prophet!
Does not bother me(IM not insulted by it) just wanted to point that out to those that may have missed it.
The reason it does not matter to me is that I know you are firmly wrapped in your religion. As lost as a fish in the sands in the middle of a huge desert! You have your unmerciful God and the true Christians have their loving GOD.
So let it be written, so let it be judged.-;)--Tyr

cadet
12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Yet you insult Christians by declaring their Saviour -Jesus Christ, the Son of God to be a mere prophet!
Does not bother me(IM not insulted by it) just wanted to point that out to those that may have missed it.
The reason it does not matter to me is that I know you are firmly wrapped in your religion. As lost as a fish in the sands in the middle of a huge desert! You have your unmerciful God and the true Christians have their loving GOD.
So let it be written, so let it be judged.-;)--Tyr

Same god. Differing views on him.

tailfins
12-05-2012, 11:16 AM
I would put my daughter against any member of the AFA. She would tell them where they could stick their "holiday tree."

That's all well and good, but at the end of the day, fixing the hostility towards Christmas is the objective.

I have found that arguing with admins is like arguing with kids. You know you are never going to get the last word in. :laugh:

After having to deal with a wet blanket, the forum becomes less fun. I am beginning to appreciate why you put less effort into your posts and do what people call "hit and run". When something isn't as fun, you don't want to put as much effort into it. Your good advice is well taken.

gabosaurus
12-05-2012, 11:33 AM
After having to deal with a wet blanket, the forum becomes less fun. I am beginning to appreciate why you put less effort into your posts and do what people call "hit and run". When something isn't as fun, you don't want to put as much effort into it. Your good advice is well taken.

When someone becomes a wet blanket, your best response is to hang them out to dry. :p

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-05-2012, 12:33 PM
That's all well and good, but at the end of the day, fixing the hostility towards Christmas is the objective.

Sure, kids when called on thier being unruly, oboxious or breaking the rules tend to find the fun gone for the day. As long as they can do as they damn well please its all ice cream, cake and candy. I was involved in that incidence and saw no wrong ACTION TAKEN BY ABBEY. Suxs sometimes to be forced to act mature,eh?\
That you still biatch about it speaks volumes to me and do so with Gabby of all people .. ..-Tyr

jimnyc
12-05-2012, 02:54 PM

When someone becomes a wet blanket, your best response is to hang them out to dry. :p

If someone is taking away from your experience on the board, place them on your ignore list. If it's a staff member, and you can't place them on ignore, maybe physically ignore them? Or maybe shoot them a PM and try to fix things so that there is no animosity? Imagine that, taking the upper road instead of trolling! :poke:

tailfins
12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
If someone is taking away from your experience on the board, place them on your ignore list. If it's a staff member, and you can't place them on ignore, maybe physically ignore them? Or maybe shoot them a PM and try to fix things so that there is no animosity? Imagine that, taking the upper road instead of trolling! :poke:

When you take sides, then proceed to tell the side you haven't taken how right you are and how wrong they are, you are not going to engender much respect nor confidence. I'm growing to see things from Gabby's perspective more and more.

jimnyc
12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
When you take sides, then proceed to tell the side you haven't taken how right you are and how wrong they are, you are not going to engender much respect nor confidence. I'm growing to see things from Gabby's perspective more and more.

It doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong, as both will have an opinion on that. But moving posts is not taking sides, it's simply a rule that was followed. The person you directed your comments at was obviously upset with them. It was in the lounge where we try and keep the fights out of. Abbey kept the thread intact, and moved the "fighting" posts to the steel cage. I don't see a big deal.

tailfins
12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
It doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong, as both will have an opinion on that. But moving posts is not taking sides, it's simply a rule that was followed. The person you directed your comments at was obviously upset with them. It was in the lounge where we try and keep the fights out of. Abbey kept the thread intact, and moved the "fighting" posts to the steel cage. I don't see a big deal.

Then she added her snide remark about insulting people. She is definitely taking sides. I know a stacked deck when I see it.

jimnyc
12-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Then she added her snide remark about insulting people. She is definitely taking sides. I know a stacked deck when I see it.

You need to separate personal feelings and her duties as an admin. One has nothing to do with the other. Her moving the posts was the correct thing to do whether she "sided" with one or the other. And so long as her other posts are as a regular member, no "stacking" is involved.

Abbey is pretty much nice to everyone and has NEVER abused being a moderator/administrator even one time.

Abbey Marie
12-05-2012, 04:18 PM
You need to separate personal feelings and her duties as an admin. One has nothing to do with the other. Her moving the posts was the correct thing to do whether she "sided" with one or the other. And so long as her other posts are as a regular member, no "stacking" is involved.

Abbey is pretty much nice to everyone and has NEVER abused being a moderator/administrator even one time.

I appreciate your posts, Jim. But tailfins has made up his mind to take his ball and not actually go home, but stay on the court and complain about the game endlessly. Some people's egos just will not allow them to take the slightest bit of correction. It's childish and is getting tiresome.

I will remind him here that discussing Admin actions on the board is breaking another of our few rules.

jimnyc
12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I appreciate your posts, Jim. But tailfins has made up his mind to take his ball and not actually go home, but stay on the court and complain about the game endlessly. Some people's egos just will not allow them to take the slightest bit of correction. It's childish and is getting tiresome.

I will remind him here that discussing Admin actions on the board is breaking another of our few rules.

I figured I would give it a chance to hopefully fix the situation and move forward. I'll take the responsibility to have allowed the discussion. I only wanted to show that I thought the root of the argument was quite trivial, and that your decision was the only decision to have been made. I would have moved the posts as well. It's not like what was being discussed couldn't be continued, just not in that particular thread. Anyway, I thought if we got past the root of the issue we could drop the rest and move on.

tailfins
12-05-2012, 04:47 PM

Summary: Abbey is right and will continue to rub salt. Gabby sure was right about the last word. I will do whatever I feel like at the moment: Leave, stay, complain, ignore, whatever. You are ruining what WAS a pretty decent rapport. I don't really care. You're just a string of text.

I figured I would give it a chance to hopefully fix the situation and move forward. I'll take the responsibility to have allowed the discussion. I only wanted to show that I thought the root of the argument was quite trivial, and that your decision was the only decision to have been made. I would have moved the posts as well. It's not like what was being discussed couldn't be continued, just not in that particular thread. Anyway, I thought if we got past the root of the issue we could drop the rest and move on.

Trivial things reveal what people are REALLY made of.

jimnyc
12-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Well, I think it's best to kill the conversation here. I imagine the problem has a better chance of going away if it wasn't discussed.

Abbey Marie
12-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Summary: Abbey is right and will continue to rub salt. Gabby sure was right about the last word. I will do whatever I feel like at the moment: Leave, stay, complain, ignore, whatever. You are ruining what WAS a pretty decent rapport. I don't really care. You're just a string of text.

Trivial things reveal what people are REALLY made of.

This string of text has given you an official warning about discussing admin actions on the board. And you have continued. I'm sure you can guess what will come next.