PDA

View Full Version : Cluster Bombs Are an American Value

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Science is kicking butt in the munitions department!!!!!!!!!

Pressure builds against cluster munitions
Monday, 28 May 2007, 3:00 pm
Press Release: New Zealand Government
Hon Phil Goff
Minister of Disarmament and Arms Control

28 May 2007
Media statement

Disarmament and Arms Control Minister Phil Goff welcomed the increasing number of countries committed to restrictions on the use of cluster munitions.

"New Zealand argues that the indiscriminate use of cluster munitions is contrary to humanitarian law because of the casualties caused to civilian populations. Large numbers of unexploded cluster munitions threaten to maim and kill children and innocent people for years after the conflict is ended", said Phil Goff.

"New Zealand is pleased that progress was made on an international treaty regulating these weapons at a conference in Lima, Peru, from 23 to 25 May.

"This was the second meeting in a process that began in Oslo, Norway, in February. In Oslo 46 countries, including New Zealand, gave a commitment to conclude a treaty that prohibits cluster munitions that cause unacceptable harm to civilians, during 2008.

More: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA0705/S00720.htm

Fri 25 May 2007

More than 70 countries push for cluster bomb ban
By Jean Luis Arce

An Italian member of the UN Interim Force takes a picture of a bomblet from a cluster bomb while the force conducts their first patrol near their new base outside of the village of Maraka in southern Lebanon September 7, 2006. Nearly 70 countries pledged support on Friday for an international ban on cluster bombs, but the world's biggest producers of the munitions, the United States, Russia and China, were not among them. REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi (LEBANON)

LIMA (Reuters) - Nearly 70 countries pledged support on Friday for an international ban on cluster bombs, but the world's biggest producers of the munitions, the United States, Russia and China, were not among them.

Delegates from 68 countries met in the Peruvian capital, Lima, to broaden support for a declaration agreed to in Norway in February calling for a ban on cluster bombs by 2008. More than a third joined the process for the first time, having missed the Oslo meeting.

Among them was Laos, littered with more unexploded bomblets from cluster munitions than any other country.

More than 30 years after U.S. aeroplanes bombed it during the Vietnam War, there are still tens of millions of cluster bomb duds scattered across the Southeast Asian country, each with the potential to kill.

When cluster bombs explode, they scatter numerous bomblets that often lie dormant, exploding only when they are picked up by unsuspecting civilians, sometimes years after they were dropped.

More:
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=819732007

Are these weapons reprehensive of any American value?

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 03:17 AM

Hon Phil Goff

28 May 2007
Media statement

Disarmament and Arms Control Minister Phil Goff welcomed the increasing number of countries committed to restrictions on the use of cluster munitions.

"New Zealand argues that the indiscriminate use of cluster munitions is contrary to humanitarian law because of the casualties caused to civilian populations. Large numbers of unexploded cluster munitions threaten to maim and kill children and innocent people for years after the conflict is ended", said Phil Goff.

"New Zealand is pleased that progress was made on an international treaty regulating these weapons at a conference in Lima, Peru, from 23 to 25 May.

"This was the second meeting in a process that began in Oslo, Norway, in February. In Oslo 46 countries, including New Zealand, gave a commitment to conclude a treaty that prohibits cluster munitions that cause unacceptable harm to civilians, during 2008.

Fri 25 May 2007

By Jean Luis Arce

An Italian member of the UN Interim Force takes a picture of a bomblet from a cluster bomb while the force conducts their first patrol near their new base outside of the village of Maraka in southern Lebanon September 7, 2006. Nearly 70 countries pledged support on Friday for an international ban on cluster bombs, but the world's biggest producers of the munitions, the United States, Russia and China, were not among them. REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi (LEBANON)

LIMA (Reuters) - Nearly 70 countries pledged support on Friday for an international ban on cluster bombs, but the world's biggest producers of the munitions, the United States, Russia and China, were not among them.

Delegates from 68 countries met in the Peruvian capital, Lima, to broaden support for a declaration agreed to in Norway in February calling for a ban on cluster bombs by 2008. More than a third joined the process for the first time, having missed the Oslo meeting.

Among them was Laos, littered with more unexploded bomblets from cluster munitions than any other country.

More than 30 years after U.S. aeroplanes bombed it during the Vietnam War, there are still tens of millions of cluster bomb duds scattered across the Southeast Asian country, each with the potential to kill.

When cluster bombs explode, they scatter numerous bomblets that often lie dormant, exploding only when they are picked up by unsuspecting civilians, sometimes years after they were dropped.

More:

Are these weapons reprehensive of any American value?

Cluster bombs have been very useful in our attacks during war.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 04:45 AM
The article addresses the aftemath and the innocents.

Cluster bombs have been very useful in our attacks during war.

Do you have a comprehensive comment on that? We already know that you are a chickenhawk and a warmonger.

darin
05-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Napalm sticks to kids.

MtnBiker
05-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Napalm sticks to kids.

and suicide bombs

http://www.zombietime.com/justice_matters/child_suicide_bomber.jpg

Doniston
05-28-2007, 10:05 PM

Hon Phil Goff

28 May 2007
Media statement

Fri 25 May 2007

By Jean Luis Arce

More:

Are these weapons reprehensive of any American value? I am very happy tht most countries want to bann cluster bombs, but I really can't equate you question of values to this issue. What do you mean???

Psychoblues
06-03-2007, 02:55 AM
I have fought against cluster bombs for 45 years, donny.

I am very happy tht most countries want to bann cluster bombs, but I really can't equate you question of values to this issue. What do you mean???

My country still uses them. Do you consider them valuable in any decription? I am more into the smart bomb technology that targets specific dangerous buildings and people. The innocents don't have to die or be mortally wounded in our wars of politics and apparent national greed.

Gaffer
06-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Different munitions are used for different strategies. Cluster bombs are anti personnel bombs designed to cover a wide area. Like carpet bombing on a smaller scale.

there are always left over munitions after a war. They get cleaned up as best they can when the forces dropping them finish the war. In the case of lebbenon they were left to lie by hezbollah because they are a propaganda tool. So people like you can condemn your own country, psicko.

Doniston
06-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Different munitions are used for different strategies. Cluster bombs are anti personnel bombs designed to cover a wide area. Like carpet bombing on a smaller scale.

there are always left over munitions after a war. They get cleaned up as best they can when the forces dropping them finish the war. In the case of lebbenon they were left to lie by hezbollah because they are a propaganda tool. So people like you can condemn your own country, psicko. I totally disagree. this is just reteric "SPIN"

shattered
06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I totally disagree. this is just reteric "SPIN"

First off, it's "rhetoric".. Second - WHY do you disagree? Calling it rhetoric spin is not a reason.

Monkeybone
06-03-2007, 10:49 AM
are these recent cluster bombs or old ones? that is like saying the missiles in london from WWII kill innocent ppl so we shouldn't use missiles.

and yah smart bombs are very nice and preferable, but you don't wanna spend that much money for each vehicle and tank when you can drop cluster bombs and disable them.

Doniston
06-03-2007, 12:37 PM
First off, it's "rhetoric".. Second - WHY do you disagree? Calling it rhetoric spin is not a reason. I would suggest you clean your own plate before trying to eat off of mine.
I would take a different tack with you if you would stop attempting to correct everone. Especially since I don't think you know your butt from home plate.

I have stated my "REASONS" previously didn't say it was a reason. actually it was a statement of fact.

shattered
06-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I would suggest you clean your own plate before trying to eat off of mine.
I would take a different tack with you if you would stop attempting to correct everone. Especially since I don't think you know your butt from home plate.

I have stated my "REASONS" previously didn't say it was a reason. actually it was a statement of fact.

It was a statement of opinion. Under no definition whatsoever does "It's rhetoric spin" fit as fact, in any country, in any language.

If you didn't display such idiocy on such a consistent basis, people wouldn't feel it necessary to constantly correct you. However, you have to learn at some point in life - no?

Doniston
06-03-2007, 03:37 PM
It was a statement of opinion. Under no definition whatsoever does "It's rhetoric spin" fit as fact, in any country, in any language.

If you didn't display such idiocy on such a consistent basis, people wouldn't feel it necessary to constantly correct you. However, you have to learn at some point in life - no?You haven't and I doubt you ever will.

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Sorry donny.

You haven't and I doubt you ever will.

Welcome to the circular firing squad of the neocons of the DP board. Unlike the Hotel California, you can get out. Keep up your good work and thoughts. This American can appreciate it. I think your values are sound.

Doniston
06-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Sorry donny.

Welcome to the circular firing squad of the neocons of the DP board. Unlike the Hotel California, you can get out. Keep up your good work and thoughts. This American can appreciate it. I think your values are sound. Thank, you but I can hold my own. especial against this type of glitch in the human network,

Yah and it even rhymes with glitch --twice-

the first--belonging in a kennel,

and the second --last seen under Dorothy's house in the land of OZ

Psychoblues
06-21-2007, 12:26 AM
The argument holds on it's on. Bitch, snitch, witch, whatever.

medical 2933
07-04-2007, 07:05 AM
It is a time of fear in the face of freedom, a time for the widening of previous roads and the opening of new paths, a time of an emptying country and swelling cities, yet a time when these paths are mined by knowing algorithms of the all-seeing eye.

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Exactly.

It is a time of fear in the face of freedom, a time for the widening of previous roads and the opening of new paths, a time of an emptying country and swelling cities, yet a time when these paths are mined by knowing algorithms of the all-seeing eye.

:cheers2:

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 01:46 AM

New user? Welcome! :salute:

Psychoblues
08-26-2007, 10:13 PM
What a crock, nm.

New user? Welcome! :salute:

Honestly, wouldn't you rather have the board to yourself?

nevadamedic
08-26-2007, 10:40 PM
What a crock, nm.

Honestly, wouldn't you rather have the board to yourself?

nope, I know you would though.

Psychoblues
08-26-2007, 11:44 PM
I dunno, nm.

nope, I know you would though.

Your history and collective comments and complaints indicate otherwise. You are such a wuss and an idiot to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 12:20 AM
I dunno, nm.

Your history and collective comments and complaints indicate otherwise. You are such a wuss and an idiot to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like you have room to talk................

Psychoblues
08-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Like how many threads have been started and how many posts have been accomplished complaining of my participation on this board, nm?

Like you have room to talk................

You know what I mean. You really suck and I ain't alone in that observation. Can you dig it?

OCA
08-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Nothink like opening up threads that have been deader than a door nail, desperate are we?

medical 2933
08-29-2007, 11:47 AM
i think human bomb also use cluster bomb.

darin
08-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Nothink like opening up threads that have been deader than a door nail, desperate are we?

Absolutely.