PDA

View Full Version : Where Was This Information Before The Election?

Kathianne
12-04-2012, 05:32 AM
Unexpectedly!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100270379

US Manufacturing Declines in November: ISM Index
U.S. manufacturing unexpectedly contracted in November, falling to its lowest in over three years in a sign the sector may be struggling to gain traction, according to an industry report released on Monday.

The Institute for Supply Management (ISM) said its index of national factory activity fell to 49.5 in November from 51.7 the month before. The reading was shy of expectations of 51.3, according to a Reuters poll of economists.

A reading below 50 indicates contraction in the manufacturing sector, while a number above 50 means expansion.

The index hit its lowest since July 2009 and contracted after two straight months of growth that followed a soft period over the summer months.

The employment index fell to 48.4, and was below 50 for the first time since September 2009.
New orders fell to 50.3 from 54.2 and were at their lowest since August. Prices paid were down to 52.5 from 55.0, compared to an expected 53.0.

taft2012
12-04-2012, 06:57 AM
We're still waiting for information we should have had from before the 2008 election.

At this point we just have to accept that anything we ever learn about Dear Leader we'll learn from historians.

Kathianne
12-04-2012, 06:27 PM
We're still waiting for information we should have had from before the 2008 election.

At this point we just have to accept that anything we ever learn about Dear Leader we'll learn from historians.

More of this nonsense on Jim's thread on Dana Milbank's column. I threw in a post later, on other leftists that are now complaining.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?38091-The-open-and-shut-administration&highlight=Professor

Thunderknuckles
12-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Kat, I don't think it would have mattered all that much. Even with Romnney's business background, consistent message of knowing how to create jobs, and Obama's record for all to see, people still decided Obama should be re-elected. I don't think a report on the manufacturing index would have even registered to most voters.

Kathianne
12-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Kat, I don't think it would have mattered all that much. Even with Romnney's business background, consistent message of knowing how to create jobs, and Obama's record for all to see, people still decided Obama should be re-elected. I don't think a report on the manufacturing index would have even registered to most voters.

I agree with you. However, it's not only that, but the lies and my biggest gripe, LOW INFORMATION VOTERS! Seriously, look at polls regarding issues. These folks overwhelmingly disagree with the administration's policies, yet re-elected 4 more years.

It's sickening.

Robert A Whit
12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
I agree with you. However, it's not only that, but the lies and my biggest gripe, LOW INFORMATION VOTERS! Seriously, look at polls regarding issues. These folks overwhelmingly disagree with the administration's policies, yet re-elected 4 more years.

It's sickening.

i agree with you.

Kathianne
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
i agree with you.

I'm thrilled.

logroller
12-04-2012, 11:37 PM

What does dear leader have to do with info not being availed before he was leader?

It's sickening.

whats the fix? Msm ain't helping, nor the antithesis.
one thing that has always bothered me about elections is lack of specifics. I read Romney's stands from his website and it was devoid of actual proposals, just generalities and that scares swing vote middle class folks. Not to say that obama's specific accomplishment do us any favors-- as you've stated-- they don't! But "all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Incumbent advantage?

Kathianne
12-04-2012, 11:44 PM
What does dear leader have to do with info not being availed before he was leader?

one thing that has always bothered me about elections is lack of specifics. I read Romney's stands from his website and it was devoid of actual proposals, just generalities and that scares swing vote middle class folks. Not to say that obama's specific accomplishment do us any favors-- as you've stated-- they don't! But "all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Incumbent advantage?

Interesting your 'sufferable remarks.' I like better the unsustainable won't be sustained.

As for the the alternative media, they were there, but not yet loud enough to make a difference. My guess is they will be, when the objections get loud enough, which they are.

gabosaurus
12-04-2012, 11:54 PM
When the alternative media and investigative sites turn up information that supports your cause and/or point of view, you hail its presence and wonder why it is not more widely heard and accepted.

When the same sources turn up information that hurts your cause, you want the perpetrators arrested and shut down.

I am sure a lot of information was suppressed prior to the November election. Perhaps almost as much as was hidden before the 2004 election.
Politicians have never been known to be honest, forthright people.

logroller
12-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Interesting your 'sufferable remarks.' I like better the unsustainable won't be sustained.

As for the the alternative media, they were there, but not yet loud enough to make a difference. My guess is they will be, when the objections get loud enough, which they are.
All true. But loudness often makes people cover their ears.

red states rule
12-05-2012, 02:13 AM

LR, there were plenty of specifics. Obama was the Candy Man. He promised "free" stuff to different groups and demonized those who make the country work. On Election Night I saw the Obama supporters mug for the camera and were giddy over "what they were going to get" now that Obama won. It is a sad fact that Obama has divided this nation to the takers and the producers. Right now the takers outnumber the producers. Mitt offered to cut back on the spending that would reduce the handouts - and lost.

taft2012
12-05-2012, 07:43 AM

We could start with the fact of all of his personal data that he had sealed and refused to release.

I know you libbies think he's the Messiah, but in the real world of politics the biblical example of Jesus does not apply. Yes, Christians are willing to live with a lengthy biographical lapse in Jesus' life between the ages of 7 and 33.

But just because *our* Messiah can get away with it doesn't mean yours should.