PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Favorite B-Rated Movies

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 04:08 AM
I love B(low budget)rated movies. I like to see hwo people can be creative without the money involved. Sometimes I like the Budget Movies better then the high dollar movies. So im asking you guys, what are your favorite low budget movies, here is a list of mine..........

Favorite Low Budget Movies

Horror ~ Kolobos, Do you Want to Know a Secret
Thriller, Suspense ~ Taboo
Comedy ~ National Lampoons ANimal House, Harold and Kumar goto White Castle
Action ~ The Substatute 4 Failure is not an option, Army of Darkness
Drama ~ The Breakfast Club
Musical ~ The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Shock Treatment

jackass
05-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Ski School!

shattered
05-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not even sure this would qualify as a B-Rating.. Is there anything lower?

The Forbidden Zone - I think the entire film (1 hr and 15 min) cost about $1200 to make.

It absolutely *horrible*, and is the longest hour of your life - that makes it hilarious by default.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Ski School!

Ski School is awesome. Did anyone see the one Adam Sandler did Going Overboard, that was so horrible that it had to make you laugh.

JLO
05-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I love B(low budget)rated movies. I like to see hwo people can be creative without the money involved. Sometimes I like the Budget Movies better then the high dollar movies. So im asking you guys, what are your favorite low budget movies, here is a list of mine..........

Favorite Low Budget Movies

Horror ~ Kolobos, Do you Want to Know a Secret
Thriller, Suspense ~ Taboo
Comedy ~ National Lampoons ANimal House, Harold and Kumar goto White Castle
Action ~ The Substatute 4 Failure is not an option, Army of Darkness
Drama ~ The Breakfast Club
Musical ~ The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Shock Treatment

How about the Gooney's!

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 06:13 PM
How about the Gooney's!

Goonies wasn't even close to low buget.

05-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Id say Bill & Ted's excellent adventure but im not sure it was low budget.

Airheads is another one, but again not sure it was low budget. i just love that movie:)

JLO
05-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Goonies wasn't even close to low buget.

Ok then

Hobbit
05-28-2007, 11:20 PM
No Army of Darkness?! I wash my hands of all of you.

Edit: NM, I found it. Still, no B movie list is complete without Army of Darkness.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 02:40 AM
Id say Bill & Ted's excellent adventure but im not sure it was low budget.

Airheads is another one, but again not sure it was low budget. i just love that movie:)

They are both great movies but neither was low budget. I think Bill and Td's was a very big budget for the time. I just watched it the other day then I watched a more recent movie with Reeves and he really hasn't aged well.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Ok then

B movies are really, really, really low budget, the special effects are like ketchup packets exploding for blood and almost look like they are being filed on a camcorder :)

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 02:44 AM
No Army of Darkness?! I wash my hands of all of you.

Edit: NM, I found it. Still, no B movie list is complete without Army of Darkness.

If you look at my original post youll see Amry of Darkness under Action next to The Substitute 4 Failure is not an Option/ So if you like Army of Darkness did you like the Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2? I really like the first one, but the second was like a cheesy remake of the first.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 02:47 AM
I just thoght of it because I am watching it now and I was posting it in another room, what about A Mid Summers Night Rave, that is a really funny movie. I think the only big name actors in it are Jason London, Andrew Keegan, Keri Lynn Pratt and the nerdy guy with a funny voice from The Fast and The Furious. Also how about Jerry Springers movie "Ringmaster" that was pretty funny.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 03:23 AM
How about Nothing But Trouble with John Candy, Chevy Chase, Demi Moore and Dan Akroyd. It's a Comedy from the late 80's. It also has a cameo appearance and a song from the group Digital Underground (they do their song Same Song, those of you who are fans will know which song it is, it is also the group that does The Humpty Dance). It also has Tupac when he first started with that group, its funny to see all their 80's dress and hair cuts. Also Dan Akroyd's costume with the rubber penis nose if hilarious. I suggest you see it if you havent. You can get it in the $5.00 bin at Wal-Mart or online for the same price, well worth it. Another low budget funny movie is Phat Beach, and Coolioo makes a cameo in that. If you like Urban comedies like Friday I would reccommend Soul Plane, 3 Strikes and The Wash. The Wash has Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Ludacris, Dj. Pooh, Pauly Shore, Shaq, one of the guys from Cheech and Chong and a few others. 3 Strikes is written by DJ. Pooh just like The Wash and Friday, not a lot of big named actors in it expcept for Brian Hooks. Soul Plane has Snoop Dogg, Tom Arnold, Monique, Method Man, Arielle Kibble, Brian Hooks, The Ying Yang Twins and a lot of other big name actors.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 03:49 AM
How about the movie Waiting. Its got Ryan Reynolds, Anna Faris, Justin Long, David Koechner, Luis Guzman.

Young employees at Shenaniganz restaurant collectively stave off boredom and adulthood with their antics. Yjeu basically play messed up and perverted games to their other co-workers. It also can show what can happen on the customer side when she treats the server like crap.

I think it is hilarious if you get the UNRATED VERSION more humor and good times are in there.

jackass
05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
How about the movie Waiting. Its got Ryan Reynolds, Anna Faris, Justin Long, David Koechner, Luis Guzman.

Young employees at Shenaniganz restaurant collectively stave off boredom and adulthood with their antics. Yjeu basically play messed up and perverted games to their other co-workers. It also can show what can happen on the customer side when she treats the server like crap.

I think it is hilarious if you get the UNRATED VERSION more humor and good times are in there.

GREAT GREAT GREAT movie!!

Its soooooo veiny!!

jackass
05-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Ski School is awesome. Did anyone see the one Adam Sandler did Going Overboard, that was so horrible that it had to make you laugh.

OOhhh... THAT was bad!! hahaha

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 01:46 AM
OOhhh... THAT was bad!! hahaha

What about the comedy County General?

dan
05-30-2007, 11:46 AM
A few "classics"....

Evil Dead 2 (I know it was mentioned already, but it needs to be rementioned!!!)
The Toxic Avenger
Tromeo and Juliet
Street Trash
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie

jackass
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
What about the comedy County General?

Havent even heard of that!

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Havent even heard of that!

It is a low budget urban comedy, it is funny as hell. Its about a hospital that does everything wrong. They mess up blood lab work because people have having sex in a lab, a lady goes in to get a corn removed and they remove the whole foot pretty hilarous all through out the movie.

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 03:25 AM
If you guys like a good horror movie I strongly reccommend Kolobus and for a good thriller watch Taboo, and an off beat comedy Nothing Buy Trouble, they are all awesome. Nothing But Trouble has John Candy playing a twin brother and sister, seeing John Candy in drag is way to funny, and Dan Akroyd's costume is great. Kolobos is about a group of 5 people icked to be in a relaity show and once they are the they house is rigged with steel doors and windows so noone excapes and is set up with cameras all over the house filming their deaths, and Taboo has January Jones(shes beautiful) and Eddie Kaye Thomas from the American Pie Movies and Harold and Kumar Goto White Castle, where a seemingly inconistent game of "Taboo" brings out the vile secrets and sexual desires from a group of six college graduates at a remote mansion where one of them flips out and proceeds to kill the rest in the manner of their sexual secrets.