PDA

View Full Version : Lenny Dykstra

Robert A Whit
12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
What happened to him? I know he has been in jail and so forth and read a small amount about his crimes.

But this guy was very well known as a very good baseball player.

What the heck happened to him? Some of you must know a lot about this. He went from hero to criminal. How? I read he bought a 18 million dollar mansion. Now his home is prison.

That is a huge fall.

gabosaurus
12-04-2012, 03:32 PM
It's happened to many sports heroes over time. They can't adjust to life outside the playing field and make unwise decisions while spending their money foolishly.
Look at the contrast between Denny McLain and Mickey Lolich of the 1968 Tigers.
McLain won 30 games that year and was a hero. After baseball, he spent a lot of time in prison.
Lolich won the seventh game of the World Series against St. Louis. After his career finished, he remained in Detroit and opened up a donut shop, which I believe he still runs.

Robert A Whit
12-04-2012, 03:56 PM
It's happened to many sports heroes over time. They can't adjust to life outside the playing field and make unwise decisions while spending their money foolishly.
Look at the contrast between Denny McLain and Mickey Lolich of the 1968 Tigers.
McLain won 30 games that year and was a hero. After baseball, he spent a lot of time in prison.
Lolich won the seventh game of the World Series against St. Louis. After his career finished, he remained in Detroit and opened up a donut shop, which I believe he still runs.

Yeah but "shrug"

What happened to Dkystra?

Was it gambling, booze, women, drugs or what?

Robert A Whit
12-04-2012, 03:57 PM
And even more off the rails, now I read that Ashley Judd is a Democrat who is being urged to run for Congress.

As bad as saying she evaded taxes or something.

jimnyc
12-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Too much to explain, read his entry on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Dykstra

Robert A Whit
12-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Too much to explain, read his entry on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Dykstra

I have a hunch the story is much deeper. Maybe wine and women.

Some of these guys amaze me for things they do.