PDA

View Full Version : Dave Brubek

Robert A Whit
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
When I was just out of high school, and SF was so wild we could go to SF and sit in Jazz bars, drink and listen to Music, my favorite Jazz group was Dave Brubeks group. I had the vinyl album of his first Album for many years. Sadly, it was stolen.

Take 5 and Blue Ronda A La Turk were some of my favorites.

Dave died.

Have any of you heard him live or have his music?

Fortunately I have the CD and am playing it right now.

aboutime
12-05-2012, 09:20 PM
When I was just out of high school, and SF was so wild we could go to SF and sit in Jazz bars, drink and listen to Music, my favorite Jazz group was Dave Brubeks group. I had the vinyl album of his first Album for many years. Sadly, it was stolen.

Take 5 and Blue Ronda A La Turk were some of my favorites.

Dave died.

Have any of you heard him live or have his music?

Robert. I did hear him perform in 1966, or 67 in Greenwich Village, in New York. We were at a place called "Feenjon"...or something like that. And. Believe it or not. We also saw an UNKNOWN group at that time, called "THE WHO". We were in uniform. There for three days, and those were part of my early drinking days as I remember The BEER GLASS was thin, and almost THREE FEET TALL!
But we did hear Brubek's group play.

Robert A Whit
12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Robert. I did hear him perform in 1966, or 67 in Greenwich Village, in New York. We were at a place called "Feenjon"...or something like that. And. Believe it or not. We also saw an UNKNOWN group at that time, called "THE WHO". We were in uniform. There for three days, and those were part of my early drinking days as I remember The BEER GLASS was thin, and almost THREE FEET TALL!
But we did hear Brubek's group play.

As I type this, I am listening to him play again. I don't think I got to Greenwich Village in NY City. I wish I still had my original vinyl album since I suspect it is valuable. My CD is of course digital but I hear that collectors want Vinyl if they can get them.

I have not seen the WHO but know who they are. I have to check some of their music to see what I know of them. Brubek was one of a kind.