PDA

View Full Version : The best places to be born in 2013

tailfins
12-06-2012, 03:19 PM
The US wasn't even in the top ten.

http://www.economist.com/news/21566430-where-be-born-2013-lottery-life

aboutime
12-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Obviously. That list was created by someone who has never been out of the U.S.A.

If anyone honestly believes those other nations are better than being born here.

Like those Hollywood elites who always say...they will leave for one reason or another.

How many of them have actually gone? Other than having Millions to support any moves?

Americans need to visit those other nations, and spend a few months enjoying all of the Wonderful things they THINK are better than right here in the USA.

The only real way to learn why THIS IS THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH. Is to leave, and spend more than a few weeks on a vacation, pretending to love NOT having the Freedoms, Rights, and Liberty you take for granted here.

tailfins
12-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I tried expanding my work territory into Canada. The pay rates were half, a 4 liter jug of milk was $6+, gas $5+/gallon, almost everything at Wal-mart was 50% more. Why Canada would be number 9 and the US number 16, makes me wonder. However, if you put NYC in the mix, maybe. How much does it cost to have a single family home in NYC before Sandy hit?

Once inside the corporate campus, there's not much freedom anyway, so it wouldn't matter if you were in the US or in Russia.

Larrymc
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
The US wasn't even in the top ten.

http://www.economist.com/news/21566430-where-be-born-2013-lottery-life it seems to speaks to where we are going, as much as where we are,

red states rule
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I hope the one place every child is NOT born in an abortion clinic. After all Obama opposed a baby receiving medical attention if they survived an abortion. They were left to die in a closet or some other out of the way place

jafar00
12-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Gogo Australia! #2 w00t! :dance:

Larrymc
12-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I hope the one place every child is NOT born in an abortion clinic. After all Obama opposed a baby receiving medical attention if they survived an abortion. They were left to die in a closet or some other out of the way placethat may be a reason the US moved down the list, because there's a good chance you wont be born at all, LOL

Robert A Whit
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
I have been to most of the states of the USA, though not all.

I have also spent time living in Germany and been to Holland for a few days.

I think the major problem with ranking the USA is the country is vast. Switzerland for instance would be a small state.

While I think that most of the USA is beautiful in it's own way, CA is not MA. Colorado is not Nevada. Ohio is not Texas.

So to lump it all into one pot makes no sense to me. But I think if you factor in education of the kids, our country has greatly declined.