PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean: Honestly, Everyone's Going to Have to Pay Higher Taxes Soon

red states rule
12-07-2012, 04:24 AM
An omen? I can see Obama telling America that Bush's mess is so bad all taxes must go up. However the folks who are paying 0% in Federal income taxes will not see their tax rate increase. Three liberals giggling and enjoying the thought of the US falling off the fiscal cliff. I do hope those who voted for Obama are happy right now

<iframe width="420" height="315" title="MRC TV video player" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/118889" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

fj1200
12-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Good, let them be honest about their goals.

aboutime
12-07-2012, 01:45 PM
An omen? I can see Obama telling America that Bush's mess is so bad all taxes must go up. However the folks who are paying 0% in Federal income taxes will not see their tax rate increase. Three liberals giggling and enjoying the thought of the US falling off the fiscal cliff. I do hope those who voted for Obama are happy right now

red states rule. We should now be hearing from those Democrat, Liberals who so fully supported, and even helped "The Screamer" Dean become such a FORCE to be Respected, and Listened to here.4113

Of course. Dean is no longer a friend of the Obama followers. Telling the nation the TRUTH about taxes Democrats, and Obama have been lying about.. Just isn't KOSHER.

red states rule
12-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Here is a "new" plan from the "smart" people in DC
The White House has the power to temporarily protect taxpayers from middle-class tax hikes even as upper income rates rise if Congress does nothing and all of the Bush-era tax rates expire in January.
Experts and lawmakers alike agree that Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has the power to adjust how much is withheld from paychecks for tax purposes — for all taxpayers or just for some.

By doing so, Geithner could ensure paychecks reflect the White House position that wealthier taxpayers with annual income higher than $250,000 see their taxes rise. Geithner at the same time could leave withholding tables where they are for the middle class, ensuring those workers don’t see a higher cut from their paychecks.“If we were to, say, go over the cliff and the rates go up, he could modify those withholding tables such that the average employee out there would not effectively see any more or less taken out of his paycheck,” said Bill Hoagland, senior vice president at the Bipartisan Policy Center.
The tactic could buy Washington precious time to strike a tax agreement without pinching the economy, but it carries substantial risk. If the administration miscalculates where rates end up, tinkering with withholding could morph tax refunds into hefty bills. http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/271791-white-house-could-protect-middle-class-from-tax-hikes