PDA

View Full Version : La Cosa Nostra, The Mob, The Mafia

OCA
05-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Psycho, Biker saved you in the Paul thread but it ain't happening here, lets see what you got, your turn.

Psychoblues
05-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Pretty much that you ain't shit, oca.

Psycho, Biker saved you in the Paul thread but it ain't happening here, lets see what you got, your turn.

You can throw around all that Cosa Notra, Mafia and mob shit all you want but you still ain't shit. Like I said, if they knew you, you would not be posting here or anywhere else. They don't like being downgraded by any imbecile such as yourself. I can read the Time magazine just like you.

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 10:18 AM
La Cosa Nostra, The Mob, The Mafia....a very interesting subject.
When I was young we had a family friend with a family history if you will.

OCA
05-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Pretty much that you ain't shit, oca.

You can throw around all that Cosa Notra, Mafia and mob shit all you want but you still ain't shit. Like I said, if they knew you, you would not be posting here or anywhere else. They don't like being downgraded by any imbecile such as yourself. I can read the Time magazine just like you.

Lol dude, did I ever claim to be a made member or even an associate?

Time mag? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

In other words you have nothing, you know nothing.

Time to pay up on your bet.....but then again you will probably fucking crawfish on it, thats your level of morality.

OCA
05-28-2007, 10:25 AM
La Cosa Nostra, The Mob, The Mafia....a very interesting subject.
When I was young we had a family friend with a family history if you will.

Probably a standup guy who would do most anything for ya...........until you crossed him or disrespected him.

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Probably a standup guy who would do most anything for ya...........until you crossed him or disrespected him.

100% stand up guy. Two brothers one went with the 'family' the other chose not to. Their dad was in..shot in the front yard one day when they were young.

Mom and the two boys didn't want for anything, the 'family' looked after them.

TheSage
05-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Yah, or just tried to move away and not be involved. Great people. Your respect for psychopaths says a lot about you.

OCA
05-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Yah, or just tried to move away and not be involved. Great people. Your respect for psychopaths says a lot about you.

Clearly, a defined set of rules is not something you can live with. Consequences for violation of those rules makes one a psychopath......got it.

TheSage
05-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Clearly, a defined set of rules is not something you can live with. Consequences for violation of those rules makes one a psychopath......got it.

So any defined set of rules is fine, and being a good person means following the rules. Wow. Dicatators and murderous regimes all throughout history would have loved you, you brainless twit.

OCA
05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
100% stand up guy. Two brothers one went with the 'family' the other chose not to. Their dad was in..shot in the front yard one day when they were young.

Mom and the two boys didn't want for anything, the 'family' looked after them.

I'm guessing this was back pre-1980, after 1980 omerta and all the other things that made the mob powerful went out the window, guys started selling each other to the feds for nickels much less look after a person's family etc. etc. etc., goold ol' RICO statute is to blame for that.

OCA
05-28-2007, 10:57 AM
So any defined set of rules is fine, and being a good person means following the rules. Wow. Dicatators and murderous regimes all throughout history would have loved you, you brainless twit.

Being a white boy of Northern European descent I don't expect you to understand these things.

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 10:59 AM

They're not really like that, RWA. But, once yer in yer pretty much in I understand.

Leaving is easy depending of course on what you've been doing and what you know.

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm guessing this was back pre-1980, after 1980 omerta and all the other things that made the mob powerful went out the window, guys started selling each other to the feds for nickels much less look after a person's family etc. etc. etc., goold ol' RICO statute is to blame for that.

Yes, this was pre 1973..

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Being a white boy of Northern European descent I don't expect you to understand these things.

Yep. Play the race card you weak ass motherfucker.

OCA
05-28-2007, 11:14 AM
They're not really like that, RWA. But, once yer in yer pretty much in I understand.

Leaving is easy depending of course on what you've been doing and what you know.

Yes, RWA thinks its all murder all the time. Truth is your really powerful bosses who lasted decades like Carlo Gambino rarely had people whacked, whacking people caused undue attention and undue attention was bad for business. Now intimidation and shakedowns were the preferred method of alot of these guys to keep people in line and for the most part people stayed in line because in reality the mob is like a big pyramid scheme, if the people under the boss aren't making any money the boss isn't making any money and the mob is always about the bottom line.

Think about honestly though what the mob provided and what it was involved in.....gambling:legal in most places..........loansharking:providing loans to people who can't go to the bank for whatever reason........prostitution:oldest profession in the world, can be argued either way whether its harmful or not.

Now i'm not saying they weren't into some bad shit, Unions they basically controlled and could shut down entire projects with a phone call................heck they for decades controlled the entire garbage pickup industry in NYC, charging exorbitant rates.......the newer generation in the 80's got into the heroin trade but overall the things the mob provided for the most part were not detrimental.

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 11:16 AM

How about we talk about what we know about the Mob etc, instead of tossing out ridiculous posts like that?

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, RWA thinks its all murder all the time. Truth is your really powerful bosses who lasted decades like Carlo Gambino rarely had people whacked, whacking people caused undue attention and undue attention was bad for business. Now intimidation and shakedowns were the preferred method of alot of these guys to keep people in line and for the most part people stayed in line because in reality the mob is like a big pyramid scheme, if the people under the boss aren't making any money the boss isn't making any money and the mob is always about the bottom line.

Think about honestly though what the mob provided and what it was involved in.....gambling:legal in most places..........loansharking:providing loans to people who can't go to the bank for whatever reason........prostitution:oldest profession in the world, can be argued either way whether its harmful or not.

Now i'm not saying they weren't into some bad shit, Unions they basically controlled and could shut down entire projects with a phone call................heck they for decades controlled the entire garbage pickup industry in NYC, charging exorbitant rates.......the newer generation in the 80's got into the heroin trade but overall the things the mob provided for the most part were not detrimental.

So it was just shakedown, indtimidation, muder, drugs prostitution and and gambling then? Regular boy scouts. You're a psychopathic criminal.

OCA
05-28-2007, 11:17 AM

You can't hang and you know it. Its a fact, its a Southern European thing, you won't understand.

And funny you talk about race card.......Jews mean anything to ya?

You've always been my bitch for years here now, you've been my always faithful bitch.:laugh2:

Please don't make me beat you down again for about the 12th time, i'm begging you don't make me do it.

OCA
05-28-2007, 11:18 AM
So it was just shakedown, indtimidation, muder, drugs prostitution and and gambling then? Regular boy scouts. You're a psychopathic criminal.

Better than being a racist I guess.:laugh2:

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:20 AM
How about we talk about what we know about the Mob etc, instead of tossing out ridiculous posts like that?

But my being white is a reasonable argument?

OCA
05-28-2007, 11:21 AM

I was trying but Mr. no knowledge had to jump in.

Basically I picture RWA as that guy in Goodfellas, the guy they called Spider who was serving drinks at that poker game they had, he was a clueless dolt and Joe Pesci smoked him saying "his family are rats, he would've grown up to be a rat".

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Better than being a racist I guess.:laugh2:

I'm not a racist, I simply believe white people have the same constitutionally protected civil rights as others. Unlike you, who thinks racial discrimination against white people is noble.

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:23 AM
I was trying but Mr. no knowledge had to jump in.

Basically I picture RWA as that guy in Goodfellas, the guy they called Spider who was serving drinks at that poker game they had, he was a clueless dolt and Joe Pesci smoked him saying "his family are rats, he would've grown up to be a rat".

You brought up my race, like it's somehow relevant.

OCA
05-28-2007, 11:24 AM
But my being white is a reasonable argument?

It has nothing to with you being White, its just a fact that the mob is basically a Southern European thing and more specifically Italian, Sicilian to be precise and if you have no experience whether through blood or relationship(friendship) with these people than you won't be able to understand and you will look at it through pure emotion only. If you can't deal with that fact maybe you shouldn't be in this discussion.

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:25 AM
It has nothing to with you being White, its just a fact that the mob is basically a Southern European thing and more specifically Italian, Sicilian to be precise and if you have no experience whether through blood or relationship(friendship) with these people than you won't be able to understand and you will look at it through pure emotion only. If you can't deal with that fact maybe you shouldn't be in this discussion.

It's called tribalism. It's not special, or unique to you wops.

OCA
05-28-2007, 11:26 AM
You brought up my race, like it's somehow relevant.

It is wholly relevant, but its not purely race as in one race is smarter than the other, its geography and culture. Just as an Italian would know about the Cosa Nostra tradition he would know nothing of the Japanese Samurai tradition.

Understand boy?

OCA
05-28-2007, 11:27 AM

First off not a wop, but thanks for showing your true colors.

OCA
05-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm not a racist, I simply believe white people have the same constitutionally protected civil rights as others. Unlike you, who thinks racial discrimination against white people is noble.

They own all of America, what more do you want?

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:31 AM

You were the first one to bring up ethnicity. THat shows your true colors, hypocrite.

Mr. P

Right, it's like African dance, most whites don't understand that either..see?

TheSage
It is wholly relevant, but its not purely race as in one race is smarter than the other, its geography and culture. Just as an Italian would know about the Cosa Nostra tradition he would know nothing of the Japanese Samurai tradition.

Understand boy?

I understand mob values. THey're not noble. Understand, criminal?

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 11:35 AM

I could be called one..I guess, my grandfather changed the family name because of the discrimination of Italians. So stop it, RWA. :slap:

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I could be called one..I guess, my grandfather changed the family name because of the discrimination of Italians. So stop it, RWA. :slap:

Criticizing the moral fiber of the mob is not an attack on italians.

ANd you never told me if you thought the government ever lied. Does the government ever lie, Mr. P?

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Criticizing the moral fiber of the mob is not an attack on italians.

ANd you never told me if you thought the government ever lied. Does the government ever lie, Mr. P?

Why do you insist on derailing threads?

TheSage
05-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Why do you insist on derailing threads?

Part of it is on issue. Stop being a little girl.

Dilloduck
05-28-2007, 01:41 PM

The mob was those dudes with tommy guns and speak easys. Elliot Ness tried to catch em and throw their beer away. But not being from the area, I could be wrong.

Pale Rider
05-28-2007, 02:06 PM

Sounds like the bikers/clubers I know. They give what they get.

Dilloduck
05-28-2007, 02:12 PM

Like a gang? Safety in numbers ?

Pale Rider
05-28-2007, 02:15 PM

Man you said a mouthful there Mr. P. Like I always hear in the biker world, "two people can keep a secret forever if one of them is dead." The other thing I hear a lot is "trust no one." That's referring to people outside the club of course. And it ain't funny. More times than not the latter expression turns out to be true. Most will be taught a hard lesson club style though, and I won't elaborate on that. Use your imagination.

Pale Rider
05-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Like a gang? Safety in numbers ?

Partly. You're safe as a bug in a rug until you walk up to one of them and tell them to kiss your ass. You WILL get wrecked, but you asked for it.

Hugh Lincoln
05-28-2007, 02:41 PM
1. The Italian mafia apparently did have noble beginnings, when there was a genuine need for protection against wrong-doing overlords. Just what I've heard. Then it strayed from that into something less noble, with a lot of complete idiots involved.

2. OCA is hung up on the days when WASPs didn't like Greeks, Italians or other Southern Europeans, so he goes around bashing "white boys" and insulting anyone who's white. But today all whites are in it together... we need the fiery Italians who actually have the balls to tell people off! Trust me OCA, these days a black gangster wouldn't care if you were in the mob or not. He'd call you a white boy and kill you!

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Im Italian, and you using the word Wop shows your immaturity and doesn't really bother real Italians because we are proud of our heritage.

OCA
05-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Im Italian, and you using the word Wop shows your immaturity and doesn't really bother real Italians because we are proud of our heritage.

Slick you reralize you responded to a post where I was responding to the use of the word WOP by RWA.

Please keep it straight, I know you have it in you.

OCA
05-28-2007, 05:53 PM

Exactly, you stay in line you get rewarded, get out of line well..........you know.

Society should be like this.

OCA
05-28-2007, 05:54 PM

You don't understand women let alone the Mob.

Who you spending Memorial Day with RWA?:laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Exactly, you stay in line you get rewarded, get out of line well..........you know.

Society should be like this.

I wish it was that way here.

nevadamedic
Slick you reralize you responded to a post where I was responding to the use of the word WOP by RWA.

Please keep it straight, I know you have it in you.

Actually I was refering to Sages post calling yu a WOP like it was an insult. So back at ya :)

OCA
Part of it is on issue. Stop being a little girl.

None of it was on issue or pertinent to anything really. Par for the course, hole in one.

OCA
05-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Actually I was refering to Sages post calling yu a WOP like it was an insult. So back at ya :)

Well I kinda felt that maybe that might have been the situation but wasn't sure.

BTW we call him RWA which stands for Right Wing Avenger, used to be his nic on USMB where we all met 3+years ago, Sage don't seem to fit.

Don't let him fool you, he's the biggest neocon globalist there is, I can prove it. He uses this isolationist nationalistic crap as a way to bring attention to himself, he don't really believe it though.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Well I kinda felt that maybe that might have been the situation but wasn't sure.

BTW we call him RWA which stands for Right Wing Avenger, used to be his nic on USMB where we all met 3+years ago, Sage don't seem to fit.

Don't let him fool you, he's the biggest neocon globalist there is, I can prove it. He uses this isolationist nationalistic crap as a way to bring attention to himself, he don't really believe it though.

Oh ok. You should know better, you know I actually like you and wont attack your threads.

TheSage
05-28-2007, 06:08 PM
None of it was on issue or pertinent to anything really. Par for the course, hole in one.

No. I said criticizing the morality of the mob is not an attack on all Italians. He chose to ignore this portion, and instead focused on the part that was a different issue.

OCA
05-28-2007, 08:44 PM
No. I said criticizing the morality of the mob is not an attack on all Italians. He chose to ignore this portion, and instead focused on the part that was a different issue.

Well i'm telling you that Italian mob members are as stand up as any Italian going, in fact back in the day if you had a made guy who ran things in your neighborhood your hood was as safe and well kept as any in the country. People simply did not mess around in the neighborhood and the neighborhood was a bastion of respect for one another.

Mob Italians are standup guys.

Dilloduck
05-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Well i'm telling you that Italian mob members are as stand up as any Italian going, in fact back in the day if you had a made guy who ran things in your neighborhood your hood was as safe and well kept as any in the country. People simply did not mess around in the neighborhood and the neighborhood was a bastion of respect for one another.

Lucky Luciano was a real "stand up" guy alright. :laugh2:

OCA
05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Lucky Luciano was a real "stand up" guy alright. :laugh2:

Actually he was, gotta realize that the definition of standup is different in that part of the world, they don't consider panzies and bitches to be standup.

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 09:49 PM

Actually Lucky Luciano helped us during the War thats why he was released from prison and was allowed to return home to Italy.

OCA
05-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Actually Lucky Luciano helped us during the War thats why he was released from prison and was allowed to return home to Italy.

True, the Mob was no fan of Mussolini who tried to crackdown on them.

Dilloduck
05-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Actually he was, gotta realize that the definition of standup is different in that part of the world, they don't consider panzies and bitches to be standup.

Right--heroin dealing is stand up :lol:

OCA
05-29-2007, 05:11 AM
Right--heroin dealing is stand up :lol:

That I agree with is something they shouldn't have gotten involved in, in fact the old timers had a simple rule:deal drugs and you die...and they lived by it, they knew thevfeds would tolerate gambling etc. etc. but drugs they would not tolerate. The new breed, post 1980, got involved in drugs and it is probably the main reason for their diminished power today.

TheSage
05-29-2007, 05:39 AM
That I agree with is something they shouldn't have gotten involved in, in fact the old timers had a simple rule:deal drugs and you die...and they lived by it, they knew thevfeds would tolerate gambling etc. etc. but drugs they would not tolerate. The new breed, post 1980, got involved in drugs and it is probably the main reason for their diminished power today.

Dude, they've always been scumbags who victimize their own community and others. Get a morality adjustment, please.

TheSage
05-29-2007, 05:44 AM

They shook down all the merchants for protection money. You're delusional, seriously.

CockySOB
05-29-2007, 07:02 AM

Agreed. I've heard the same thing from some of the people I know who are connected.

Psychoblues
06-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Sage, you are about the only one in this thread that can speak on this issue without setting up a circular firing squad. oca and pr surely died of self righteousnous many posts ago.

They shook down all the merchants for protection money. You're delusional, seriously.

I will take their neg reps proudly.

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Even though you answered in another thread, oca, I thank you for it and the Birthday Card. If you are scared, say you're scared.

OCA
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Even though you answered in another thread, oca, I thank you for it and the Birthday Card. If you are scared, say you're scared.

Psycho all you had was something stupid to say, my absolute command of this topic is all over this thread, you have anything resembling knowlwdge to add to this thread?

I think that any jury would find you the loser of our bet, get the fuck off my board.

TheSage
06-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Psycho all you had was something stupid to say, my absolute command of this topic is all over this thread, you have anything resembling knowlwdge to add to this thread?

I think that any jury would find you the loser of our bet, get the fuck off my board.

Actually it's my board, america sellout.

OCA
06-07-2007, 08:49 AM

You are a guest on my vessel, isolationist.

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Now, as oca goes pissing down his legs and whining for his mama or whoever?

Forgive me, Sage. I was only temporarilly inspired. I'll get back to my own contributions as soon as I start breathing between the laughter!!!!!!!!

OCA
06-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Nope, northern European White boys such as yourselves have zero understanding of this subject, I chalk your views up to plain old ignorance.

There is a reason that they hold a community wide party each year for John Gotti in Ozone Park, Queens, sound like people that were shookdown?

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 09:30 AM
We have meetings everyday to educate our people to recognise and shake down the thugs and criminals that want to dominate us.

Nope, northern European White boys such as yourselves have zero understanding of this subject, I chalk your views up to plain old ignorance.

There is a reason that they hold a community wide party each year for John Gotti in Ozone Park, Queens, sound like people that were shookdown?

We call it grammar school.

OCA
06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
We have meetings everyday to educate our people to recognise and shake down the thugs and criminals that want to dominate us.

We call it grammar school.

Don't got alot of experience with the mob down there in the swamps do ya Psycho?

Bet you could tell me a piece about the KKK though, what type of knot did your daddy prefer to put in his noose?

TheSage
06-07-2007, 12:14 PM
You are a guest on my vessel, isolationist.

I'm not an isolationist, I simply believe slave goods should be barred from modern markets. Don't make up stuff just so you can have something to say.

OCA
06-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm not an isolationist, I simply believe slave goods should be barred from modern markets. Don't make up stuff just so you can have something to say.

There are no slaves in China, get with the program. If you get paid you are not a slave.

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I am an Italian American from Newark, New Jersey (half Italian, half Irish).

Growing up in Newark, I knew some kids whose parents were in the New Jersey mob. These kids were arrogant, nasty thugs. I saw them brutally beat a kid up on one occasion. I'm sure they followed their parents into the mob. Hopefully, they wound up getting killed or incarcerated.

A friend of mine became a soldier in the New Jersey family. He was a goofy, fun-loving kid who was just looking for the easy way through life. He was later found killed near Newark Bay.

I never go back to New Jersey any more, except to visit family. My mother and brother still live in that blighted, polluted, overcrowded state.

I have watched the Sopranos on HBO, but the last couple of seasons I usually turn it off in disgust. The characters on that series are not only repulsive, they're also stupid and boring. This season, I clap every time one of the main characters gets killed.

I will watch the season finale Sunday night, hoping to see them all get wiped out. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Excuse me......

Standup guys? Give me a break.

They're lazy thugs. The original term for them was wise guys, i.e., smartass guys who took what they thought was the easy route through life. They didn't have to work and obey the rules like the rest of us.

No, they coasted through life, doing a heist here and there, running numbers, shaking people down, and hanging out with their stupid, lazy friends much of the time.

The problem is (as detailed in the film Donnie Brasco), most of them have to scratch and scramble all their lives just to live a halfway decent middle class existence. They have no regular paycheck, or benefits. Their income is tenuous and they're always one or two steps away from being broke.

But they are not "standup guys." They are lazy thugs who will shake you down, intimidate you, or viciously beat you up.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I am an Italian American from Newark, New Jersey (half Italian, half Irish).

Growing up in Newark, I knew some kids whose parents were in the New Jersey mob. These kids were arrogant, nasty thugs. I saw them brutally beat a kid up on one occasion. I'm sure they followed their parents into the mob. Hopefully, they wound up getting killed or incarcerated.

A friend of mine became a soldier in the New Jersey family. He was a goofy, fun-loving kid who was just looking for the easy way through life. He was later found killed near Newark Bay.

I never go back to New Jersey any more, except to visit family. My mother and brother still live in that blighted, polluted, overcrowded state.

I have watched the Sopranos on HBO, but the last couple of seasons I usually turn it off in disgust. The characters on that series are not only repulsive, they're also stupid and boring. This season, I clap every time one of the main characters gets killed.

I will watch the season finale Sunday night, hoping to see them all get wiped out. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

You realize the Sopranos was loosly based on the DeCavalcante family out of the same town. Some say they were looked after by the Gambino's. Some of the scams they did on the show members of the family had been charged with. The family basically emploded when the head of it was caught having sex with another man and the Consiglierell ordered a hit on the boss without going before the Commission which is a nono, they were to scared on how the Commission would react to having a gay boss. Right after that basically the whole family got indicted all of them but 3 members broke the code and flipped.

dan
06-07-2007, 01:53 PM
You realize the Sopranos was loosly based on the DeCavalcante family out of the same town. Some say they were looked after by the Gambino's. Some of the scams they did on the show members of the family had been charged with. The family basically emploded when the head of it was caught having sex with another man and the Consiglierell ordered a hit on the boss without going before the Commission which is a nono, they were to scared on how the Commission would react to having a gay boss. Right after that basically the whole family got indicted all of them but 3 members broke the code and flipped.

I certainly hope that's not how The Sopranos ends!

OCA
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Excuse me......

Standup guys? Give me a break.

They're lazy thugs. The original term for them was wise guys, i.e., smartass guys who took what they thought was the easy route through life. They didn't have to work and obey the rules like the rest of us.

No, they coasted through life, doing a heist here and there, running numbers, shaking people down, and hanging out with their stupid, lazy friends much of the time.

The problem is (as detailed in the film Donnie Brasco), most of them have to scratch and scramble all their lives just to live a halfway decent middle class existence. They have no regular paycheck, or benefits. Their income is tenuous and they're always one or two steps away from being broke.

But they are not "standup guys." They are lazy thugs who will shake you down, intimidate you, or viciously beat you up.

God if only I was Sicilian! Thats the life!

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Even though I found the characters in the Sopranos repugnant, the series attracted me because it contained scenes from so many places I was familiar with......Montclair...Newark...Short Hills...Asbury Park....

TheSage
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM

Here's oca, salivating at the thought of a life of evil. this explains his attraction to the new neocon "Evil Is Cool" ethic.

OCA
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM

Yep, the boss was Sam "the plumber" DeCavalcante. Owned a plumbing business as one of his legit operations.

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 01:57 PM

I am Sicilian, and every member of the family on the Sicilian side was honest and hard working.

Except my cousin Buddy. But that's another story....

OCA
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Here's oca, salivating at the thought of a life of evil. this explains his attraction to the new neocon "Evil Is Cool" ethic.

You'd be the first person who'd get a beatdown for violating a code of manhood......letting a woman get over on you.

Fuck nice, nice is for fags. Its all about what dead presidents go into my pocket, not about them going into others pockets, if that makes me evil than satan I am.

OCA
06-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I am Sicilian, and every member of the family on the Sicilian side was honest and hard working.

Except my cousin Buddy. But that's another story....

Nobody works harder than mob Sicilians, collecting is rough work.

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Nobody works harder than mob Sicilians, collecting is rough work.

I realize you're being deliberately provocative. You know my opinion of mobsters.

OCA
06-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I realize you're being deliberately provocative. You know my opinion of mobsters.

Explain to me why in mob neighborhoods, and I realize the mob is highly diminished and a mere shell of its former self, the guys who ran these neighborhoods are given status that is 1 step below sainthood if they were such bastards.

TheSage
06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Explain to me why in mob neighborhoods, and I realize the mob is highly diminished and a mere shell of its former self, the guys who ran these neighborhoods are given status that is 1 step below sainthood if they were such bastards.

It's called Stockholm Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome)

Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in an abducted hostage, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker, regardless of the danger (or at least risk) in which the hostage has been placed. Stockholm syndrome is also sometimes discussed in reference to other situations with similar tensions, such as battered person syndrome, rape cases, child abuse cases, and bride kidnapping. The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg, Stockholm, Sweden, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28 in 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their victimizers, and even defended their captors after they were freed from their six-day ordeal. The term Stockholm Syndrome was coined by the criminologist and psychiatrist Nils Bejerot, who assisted the police during the robbery, and referred to the syndrome in a news broadcast.

The condition was erroneously referred to as Helsinki syndrome by an "expert psychologist" and author who appeared as a guest on a news program in the film Die Hard.

TheSage
06-07-2007, 02:31 PM
You'd be the first person who'd get a beatdown for violating a code of manhood......letting a woman get over on you.

Fuck nice, nice is for fags. Its all about what dead presidents go into my pocket, not about them going into others pockets, if that makes me evil than satan I am.

The Face Of Debate Policy.

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 02:46 PM

That role of the Cosa Nostra as neighborhood protector and community watchdog stopped being true around 1940.

And keep in mind, even when the local Mafia was serving as a protection agency, it came at a price. Neighborhood merchants were required to contribute to the Mafia coffers.....or else.

Originally, the Mafia protected the people of the neighborhood from the police and the bureaucrats. As time went on the neighborhood merchants paid money to the Mafia to protect themselves from....the Mafia.

The Mafia played a much more positive role in Sicily, where citizens needed protection from a very corrupt government.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Yep, the boss was Sam "the plumber" DeCavalcante. Owned a plumbing business as one of his legit operations.

Back in the beginning.

OCA
06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
It's called Stockholm Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 06:28 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Whats the deal with you and RWA you guys fight like an old married couple. :laugh2:

OCA
06-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Whats the deal with you and RWA you guys fight like an old married couple. :laugh2:

God came to me one night and told me to slay the horned beast who bears the number 666, i've been killing him daily since....well when he hasn't been banned for hating on Jews.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 07:47 PM
God came to me one night and told me to slay the horned beast who bears the number 666, i've been killing him daily since....well when he hasn't been banned for hating on Jews.

:laugh2:

Baron Von Esslingen
06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
but overall the things the mob provided for the most part were not detrimental.

This has to be the most ignorant thing I have heard on this board. Since when is loan sharking, drugs, gambling, prostitution, extortion, and murder not detrimental to society as a whole and to individuals in particular? Watching too many crime movies gives you a romanticized version of the dregs of criminal behavior as if this somehow makes anyone a stand-up guy. In-fucking-credible.

Said1
06-10-2007, 06:26 PM

They are an old married couple. Newbs, fuhget aboot it.