PDA

View Full Version : In memorial, Fuzzy

Doniston
05-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I ha intended to post this in the other thread (after taking Shattered and Pale-rider to task) but it was closed, But I note that others took up the slack--- Thanks.

HOWEVER:

My brother was a hero who was awarded the Victorial Metal of Honor By England. The metal is the equivelent of the Congressional Metal of Honor, the Purple Heart, and the concerned service cross.(depending upon which service.) he was Killed on 2 April, 1942 in a huge two day firefight over Germany. he did succeed in getting back over england He was a Pilot-Officer in the RAF

As a Consequence, I was chosen to recite the Gettysburg Address at our home town Memorial Event. 66 years ago today, and in scout uniform. this happened in Anoka, Minesota. Fuzzy's home. ( My original Home town.)

Her's to you Fuzzy, hope to see you back.

Doniston.

Pale Rider
05-28-2007, 02:45 PM
I ha intended to post this in the other thread (after taking Shattered and Pale-rider to task) but it was closed, But I note that others took up the slack--- Thanks.

HOWEVER:

My brother was a hero who was awarded the Victorial Metal of Honor By England. The metal is the equivelent of the Congressional Metal of Honor, the Purple Heart, and the concerned service cross.(depending upon which service.) he was Killed on 2 April, 1942 in a huge two day firefight over Germany. he did succeed in getting back over england He was a Pilot-Officer in the RAF

As a Consequence, I was chosen to recite the Gettysburg Address at our home town Memorial Event. 66 years ago today, and in scout uniform. this happened in Anoka, Minesota. Fuzzy's home. ( My original Home town.)

Her's to you Fuzzy, hope to see you back.

Doniston.

You have no reason to take anyone anywhere doni. Because if differing opinions is your reason, then you've got a lot of task taking to do here. There's not a lot of people that share your opinion on anything. Liberals, that's who you've got with you.

But if you want to talk veterans, I've got a few facts for you. My father was in the Navy. He was a Quarter Master and Signalman on the LST 611 during WW II. It was torpedoed but didn't sink. It was towed into Pearl Harbor on it's way to New Jersey for repairs just in time to be there for the Jap attack. Thank God my father lived through it or I wouldn't be here.
My brother, God rest his soul, spent two tours of duty in the Army, 1/75th Field Artillery as a canon cocker on a 155mm self propelled Howitzer in Vietnam. He carried with him an Olympus OM10, and took pictures of everything, and I mean everything. He committed suicide nine years after coming home. He could never shake the memories of combat. When we were going through his things my father found all the pictures in slide form. He threw them all away. That's got to be pretty bad for a Pearl Harbor survivor to throw away slides from another war.
And myself, I spent eight years in the U.S. Air Force. I was on a classified mission to Lebanon after they bombed the Marine Corp barracks. I was hit with shrapnel from an RPG in my right lung. I was awarded the Purple Heart. I also have the Outstanding Unit and Presidential Commendation ribbons out of ten total.
So you don't have anything to tell me or make me feel bad about when it comes to serving in the military. OK son?

shattered
05-28-2007, 03:01 PM
You have no reason to take anyone anywhere doni. Because if differing opinions is your reason, then you've got a lot of task taking to do here. There's not a lot of people that share your opinion on anything. Liberals, that's who you've got with you.

But if you want to talk veterans, I've got a few facts for you. My father was in the Navy. He was a Quarter Master and Signalman on the LST 611 during WW II. It was torpedoed but didn't sink. It was towed into Pearl Harbor on it's way to New Jersey for repairs just in time to be there for the Jap attack. Thank God my father lived through it or I wouldn't be here.
My brother, God rest his soul, spent two tours of duty in the Army, 1/75th Field Artillery as a canon cocker on a 155mm self propelled Howitzer in Vietnam. He carried with him an Olympus OM10, and took pictures of everything, and I mean everything. He committed suicide nine years after coming home. He could never shake the memories of combat. When we were going through his things my father found all the pictures in slide form. He threw them all away. That's got to be pretty bad for a Pearl Harbor survivor to throw away slides from another war.
And myself, I spent eight years in the U.S. Air Force. I was on a classified mission to Lebanon after they bombed the Marine Corp barracks. I was hit with shrapnel from an RPG in my right lung. I was awarded the Purple Heart. I also have the Outstanding Unit and Presidential Commendation ribbon out of ten total.
So you don't have anything to tell me or make me feel bad about when it comes to serving in the military. OK son?

I was going to inform him he couldn't take a 2 year old to task.

...after I finished laughing. But I haven't yet.

Pale Rider
05-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I was going to inform him he couldn't take a 2 year old to task.

...after I finished laughing. But I haven't yet.

The only thing he can take to task is a fifth of vodka... :alcoholic:

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 04:09 PM
In memorial, Fuzzy
Ignoring that that doesn't make sense, this is a joke right?

shattered
05-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Ignoring that that doesn't make sense, this is a joke right?

Were you "taken to task", too? :laugh2:

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Were you "taken to task", too? :laugh2:

Don't think so.

Doniston
05-28-2007, 04:42 PM

And myself, I spent eight years in the U.S. Air Force. I was on a classified mission to Lebanon after they bombed the Marine Corp barracks. I was hit with shrapnel from an RPG in my right lung. I was awarded the Purple Heart. I also have the Outstanding Unit and Presidential Commendation ribbons out of ten total.
If differing opinions was my reason. I wouldn't bother. It is your inslulting inuendos that I was referring to. this goes for both you and shatterered. and Do you really think a neg Rep point would bother me? They haven't the slightest importance to me. and if you had any guts you would keep your comments to the forum. instead of sneaking around off the forum. Now, to your blowhard stupidity.

1. I don't oppose you because you happen to be conservative, which I don't think you are. There are to many things I agree with you about. It is your personal reteric that I complain about . you speak about me constantly and you don't have a clue.

2. I wasn't speaking Veterans, I don't know where you gleaned that Garbage. I spoke of one Hero who never got to be a veteran. Your brother was obviously very stable. committing suicide and all, Right?

3. as for yourself. I couldn't care less, I have a total of twelve years service, And you are not old enough to have been in any of my classes. so it is funny, and very very stupid to be calling me son.

4. Your continued unfounded inuendos, show just what a blowhard you are, and I am positive the rest of the forum recognozes that although they may not state it.

5. So if you wish to continue acting like the south end of a northbound horse. go right ahead. Your Ilk is well known.

Doniston
05-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Ignoring that that doesn't make sense, this is a joke right? Not at all, if you think about it, it has a double meaning. --------Actually three---

MtnBiker
05-28-2007, 04:54 PM
What is the point of this thread?

05-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Id say to get around a thread closing, but then i read through the thread that was closed and im not exactly sure how this is to be related.

In other words its probably a waste of time and space.

shattered
05-28-2007, 05:06 PM

It's a way to restart a thread that was previously closed - as indicated by the thread OP himself. We simply MUST be taken to task, you know.

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Not at all, if you think about it, it has a double meaning. --------Actually three---

In memorial, Fuzzy...Ok, I get it now, three words..:laugh2:

Don't know how I missed that, yer such a clever guy. :slap: