PDA

View Full Version : Folsiom showed up, unbeaten and super high scoring

Robert A Whit
12-09-2012, 01:33 PM
This my friends is the high school team that since 1992 has the best win record of all teams.

I expect that next week they will crush Centennial of S. Cal. They went for 9 years with no losses. They won 151 in a row.

De La Salle High football team trounces Folsom in open division final<!--subtitle--><!--byline-->By Stephanie Hammon

shammon@bayareanewsgroup.commercurynews.com

<!--date-->Posted: 12/08/2012 10:22:23 PM PST
<!--secondary date-->December 9, 2012 7:41 AM GMTUpdated: 12/08/2012 11:41:59 PM PST

<!-- === BEGIN SINGLE PHOTO EMBED=== --> <!-- REPLACE IMAGE AND LINK HERE --> http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site568/2012/1208/20121208_112210_DLS.JPG (http://photos.mercurynews.com/2012/12/08/de-la-salle-vs-folsom-high-school-in-the-california-open-division-regionals-at-sacramento-state/) <!-- DO NOT TOUCH THIS CSS --> <STYLE type=text/css>#singlephotoembed-container { WIDTH: 600px; DISPLAY: block; FONT: 11px arial}#singlephotoembed-container A:link { FONT: 11px arial; COLOR: #006}#singlephotoembed-container A:visited { FONT: 11px arial; COLOR: #006}</STYLE> <!-- REPLACE FIRST LINK WITH URL FROM MEDIA CENTER --> PHOTO GALLERY > View more images in this slideshow (http://photos.mercurynews.com/2012/12/08/de-la-salle-vs-folsom-high-school-in-the-california-open-division-regionals-at-sacramento-state/) | Mercury News Media Center (http://photos.mercurynews.com/)
<!-- ===END SINGLE PHOTO EMBED=== -->

SACRAMENTO -- The De La Salle High football team brought Folsom's high-flying spread offense crashing back to earth Saturday night.
The Spartans blasted Folsom 49-15 in the California Interscholastic Federation Northern Regional Open Division final at Sacramento State to earn yet another trip to the Home Depot Center.
De La Salle (14-0) will go for its fourth consecutive Open Division state championship when it plays Centennial-Corona next Saturday in Carson.
Hyped as one of the biggest high school sporting events in Sacramento history, more than 10,000 fans packed Hornet Stadium to see Folsom (14-1) take on the Spartans. With much of the raucous crowd pulling for the underdogs from Folsom, De La Salle showed the locals why it has been the king of NorCal football for more than two decades.
Tiapepe Vitale rushed for 117 yards and three touchdowns, and a ferocious De La Salle pass rush made Folsom sophomore quarterback Jake Browning uncomfortable from the start. Led by senior defensive end Austin Hooper and USC-bound linebacker Michael Hutchings, the Spartans defense sacked Browning six times and tallied three interceptions.
"Our defense has played well all year, but to hold Folsom to (15 points) is quite a feat, I don't think anyone's come close to that," De La Salle coach Bob Ladouceur said. "We train them all year to be a state bowl contending team. We started out a little shaky, but by midseason they were playing well, we got
Advertisement

<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!--rTg has invalid value--><!--rTg has invalid value--><!--GD--><!--QYZ 1547293051,3016198551,98.136.133.21;300x250;ipbtf; ;1;-->http://csc.beap.ad.yieldmanager.net/i?bv=1.0.0&bs=(124n9is1k(gid$17322782-422d-11e2-a1dd-b73201b80206,st$1355077220465535,v$1.0))&t=blank&al=(as$12nfheaiq,aid$VMi6VUwNjVE-,bi$1547293051,cr$3016198551,ct$25,at$0)

healthy and took off. I like the way they're playing right now." Hooper made an impact on both sides of the ball. He had two long receptions to set up short rushing scores in the first half and was responsible for three sacks on Browning.
"I told him he was playing like a beast tonight," Hutchings said about Hooper. "He was by far the best player on the field tonight and made the biggest impact. His sacks were all at huge times. He took a lot of pressure off our defense and made huge plays for our offense."
Though it was a long night for Folsom, Browning did achieve a major personal accomplishment. With 47 seconds left in the game and De La Salle up 49-7, Browning broke a California record for passing yards in a season, eclipsing the 5,185 mark set by former Folsom quarterback Tanner Trosin last year. Browning completed 38 of 64 passes for 282 yards, giving him 5,246 yards on the season.
He needed four touchdown passes to tie another state record, but the Spartans yielded only two.
"We figured if we held them to under 21, we'd win the game," De La Salle defensive coordinator Terry Eidson said.
The Spartans scored on their first two possessions, taking a 14-0 lead just five minutes into the game on rushing scores by Vitale and Das Tautalatasi, and they led 28-7 at half.
De La Salle also made the Bulldogs pay when they gambled.
Folsom went for it on fourth and 9 from its own 25 in the first quarter, but Sumner Houston sacked Browning, and the Spartans took over on downs. De La Salle went on to score when Chris Williams found Andrew Buckley alone in the end zone on fourth down for a 4-yard touchdown, making it 21-0 early in the second quarter.

Robert A Whit
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
This my friends is the high school team that since 1992 has the best win record of all teams.

I expect that next week they will crush Centennial of S. Cal. They went for 9 years with no losses. They won 151 in a row.

De La Salle High football team trounces Folsom in open division final

<!--subtitle--><!--byline-->By Stephanie Hammon

shammon@bayareanewsgroup.commercurynews.com

<!--date-->Posted: 12/08/2012 10:22:23 PM PST
<!--secondary date-->December 9, 2012 7:41 AM GMTUpdated: 12/08/2012 11:41:59 PM PST

<!-- === BEGIN SINGLE PHOTO EMBED=== --><!-- REPLACE IMAGE AND LINK HERE -->http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site568/2012/1208/20121208_112210_DLS.JPG (http://photos.mercurynews.com/2012/12/08/de-la-salle-vs-folsom-high-school-in-the-california-open-division-regionals-at-sacramento-state/) <!-- DO NOT TOUCH THIS CSS --><STYLE type=text/css>#singlephotoembed-container { WIDTH: 600px; DISPLAY: block; FONT: 11px arial}#singlephotoembed-container A:link { FONT: 11px arial; COLOR: #006}#singlephotoembed-container A:visited { FONT: 11px arial; COLOR: #006}</STYLE><!-- REPLACE FIRST LINK WITH URL FROM MEDIA CENTER -->PHOTO GALLERY > View more images in this slideshow (http://photos.mercurynews.com/2012/12/08/de-la-salle-vs-folsom-high-school-in-the-california-open-division-regionals-at-sacramento-state/) | Mercury News Media Center (http://photos.mercurynews.com/)
<!-- ===END SINGLE PHOTO EMBED=== -->

SACRAMENTO -- The De La Salle High football team brought Folsom's high-flying spread offense crashing back to earth Saturday night.
The Spartans blasted Folsom 49-15 in the California Interscholastic Federation Northern Regional Open Division final at Sacramento State to earn yet another trip to the Home Depot Center.
De La Salle (14-0) will go for its fourth consecutive Open Division state championship when it plays Centennial-Corona next Saturday in Carson.
Hyped as one of the biggest high school sporting events in Sacramento history, more than 10,000 fans packed Hornet Stadium to see Folsom (14-1) take on the Spartans. With much of the raucous crowd pulling for the underdogs from Folsom, De La Salle showed the locals why it has been the king of NorCal football for more than two decades.
Tiapepe Vitale rushed for 117 yards and three touchdowns, and a ferocious De La Salle pass rush made Folsom sophomore quarterback Jake Browning uncomfortable from the start. Led by senior defensive end Austin Hooper and USC-bound linebacker Michael Hutchings, the Spartans defense sacked Browning six times and tallied three interceptions.
"Our defense has played well all year, but to hold Folsom to (15 points) is quite a feat, I don't think anyone's come close to that," De La Salle coach Bob Ladouceur said. "We train them all year to be a state bowl contending team. We started out a little shaky, but by midseason they were playing well, we got
Advertisement

<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!--rTg has invalid value--><!--rTg has invalid value--><!--GD--><!--QYZ 1547293051,3016198551,98.136.133.21;300x250;ipbtf; ;1;-->http://csc.beap.ad.yieldmanager.net/i?bv=1.0.0&bs=(124n9is1k(gid$17322782-422d-11e2-a1dd-b73201b80206,st$1355077220465535,v$1.0))&t=blank&al=(as$12nfheaiq,aid$VMi6VUwNjVE-,bi$1547293051,cr$3016198551,ct$25,at$0)

healthy and took off. I like the way they're playing right now." Hooper made an impact on both sides of the ball. He had two long receptions to set up short rushing scores in the first half and was responsible for three sacks on Browning.
"I told him he was playing like a beast tonight," Hutchings said about Hooper. "He was by far the best player on the field tonight and made the biggest impact. His sacks were all at huge times. He took a lot of pressure off our defense and made huge plays for our offense."
Though it was a long night for Folsom, Browning did achieve a major personal accomplishment. With 47 seconds left in the game and De La Salle up 49-7, Browning broke a California record for passing yards in a season, eclipsing the 5,185 mark set by former Folsom quarterback Tanner Trosin last year. Browning completed 38 of 64 passes for 282 yards, giving him 5,246 yards on the season.
He needed four touchdown passes to tie another state record, but the Spartans yielded only two.
"We figured if we held them to under 21, we'd win the game," De La Salle defensive coordinator Terry Eidson said.
The Spartans scored on their first two possessions, taking a 14-0 lead just five minutes into the game on rushing scores by Vitale and Das Tautalatasi, and they led 28-7 at half.
De La Salle also made the Bulldogs pay when they gambled.
Folsom went for it on fourth and 9 from its own 25 in the first quarter, but Sumner Houston sacked Browning, and the Spartans took over on downs. De La Salle went on to score when Chris Williams found Andrew Buckley alone in the end zone on fourth down for a 4-yard touchdown, making it 21-0 early in the second quarter.

I don't know how to describe De La Salle more than to say they win.
And they play all over the USA. They beat teams from Hawaii. They wipe the floor with the Best CA teams. Not one year or two in a row, but all the time.

They had one weak season. That is the year Bellvue WA beat them but so did 2 other teams from CA. I am not clear why the Coach had a weak team but they still won 8 games in a weakend state. De La Salle is a very small Catholic school. A number of their players currently play pro football. I have gone to a few games where some thought De La Salle might lose the game. Then De La Salle blows them out. Some of you ought to look up Folsoms Record where they ran up huge scores and wiped out the rest of the teams.

De La Salle had last week beat another undefeated team that had made a habit out of wiping out their oppoents. They got 7 points against De La Salle and I believe DLS got 49, same as they did vs Folsom.

I went to see them play Evangel Christian years ago and supposedly that team would show De La Salle how to play footall. De La Salle beat them awful. It was sad to see that so called top rated team from LA beat beat so bad. I felt sorry for them.

No other high school has a chance of winning 151 straight games in my opinion. DLS broke a record of some 70 games by a team and so far nobody has come close to winning even 70 in a row.