PDA

View Full Version : I would like to be able to bring over youtube, etc

Robert A Whit
12-10-2012, 03:53 PM
I would love to know how to bring over the youtube presentations showing the youtube photo with the arrow on it to start it going.

I would appreciate an expert explaining it to me. By mail too and on the forum for all to read.

I at times copy photos or cartoons trying to bring them here.

Can somebody explain how to do that?

I know how to bring links but not the rest.

While I am at it, I would not mind creating tag line material. As to an Icon or Avatar, i don't know about that either.

jimnyc
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
I would love to know how to bring over the youtube presentations showing the youtube photo with the arrow on it to start it going.

I would appreciate an expert explaining it to me. By mail too and on the forum for all to read.

I at times copy photos or cartoons trying to bring them here.

Can somebody explain how to do that?

I know how to bring links but not the rest.

While I am at it, I would not mind creating tag line material. As to an Icon or Avatar, i don't know about that either.

When viewing a video at youtube, look underneath the video and click where it says "share". Then click on "Embed". Copy the text given and paste it into a post here, and the video will show up.

To post a picture, first you need the link aka URL - ex... www.website.com/picture.jpg (http://www.website.com/picture.jpg)

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image.

jimnyc
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel

For signatures, click on 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.

To select an existing or upload a new avatar, click on 'Edit Avatar'.

To upload a profile picture, click on 'Edit Profile Picture' in the 'Your Profile' section.

Robert A Whit
12-10-2012, 04:47 PM
That is very helpful. Thanks Jim. I printed it all and saved it in a file.