PDA

View Full Version : Screw starbucks and dunkin'

Guernicaa
05-28-2007, 03:08 PM
McDonalds is now my new favorite place to get coffe.

Their iced coffe kicks the shit outta dunkin's. :coffee:

MtnBiker
05-28-2007, 03:10 PM
I never have cared much for Starbucks. You do know that Starbucks owns Seattle's Best coffee.

shattered
05-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Their regular coffee tastes like tar.. but their mocha's and such are good.

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Interesting...Consumer reports just did a test on coffee and DID recommend McDs over the rest in the end. They tested Starbucks, Dunkin, Burger King and McDs.

I prefer Dunkin myself.

5stringJeff
05-28-2007, 03:53 PM
I never have cared much for Starbucks. You do know that Starbucks owns Seattle's Best coffee.

Owns? Or pwns?

5stringJeff
05-28-2007, 03:53 PM
And for the record, I'll take any of them.

jackass
05-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Dunkin's is WAY better than McD's! Its not even in the same class! Regular coffee that is. I dont know about the iced versions.

05-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Why drink cofee at all?

MtnBiker
05-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Because it is good. Hot,black and bitter. :D :coffee:

shattered
05-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Why drink cofee at all?

Cause it tastes good, and it's a practically zero calorie wake-up. Much better than sugary cereals or donuts to get you moving in the morning.

5stringJeff
05-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Because it is good. Hot,black and bitter. :D :coffee:

Cause it tastes good, and it's a practically zero calorie wake-up. Much better than sugary cereals or donuts to get you moving in the morning.

What they said. Coffee... mmmmmmmmmm................

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Why drink cofee at all?

:clap: Coffee is nasty.

Guernicaa
05-28-2007, 05:22 PM
The only thing that I don't like about coffee is the after jitters that I get.

I'll go way up for a couple hours and then crash...

I'm about to try this stuff:
http://www.fivehour.com/

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 05:22 PM

Starbucks factory is about 20 miles from my house in Minden NV, I like how they say they are from Washington.

-Cp
05-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Starbucks factory is about 20 miles from my house in Minden NV, I like how they say they are from Washington.

Uhh.. cause they ARE from WA...

Starbucks was founded in Seattle, Washington, in 1971 as a local coffee bean roaster and retailer called Starbucks Coffee, Tea and Spices. Howard Schultz joined the company in 1982 and was inspired on a trip to Italy to develop a similar espresso bar and coffeehouse culture in the United States. To advance the concept, he founded the company Il Giornale three years later. In 1987, Schultz purchased Starbucks, merged it with Il Giornale, and renamed the company Starbucks Corporation. Starting with 17 stores, Starbucks has experienced a rapid expansion that began in the 1990s and continues into the 2000s. It has achieved similar growth in foreign markets; the first international location was established in 1996 and now they comprise almost one third of Starbucks' stores.

-Cp
05-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Yeah.. MCD's serves up "Seattle's Best Coffee" - the brand my wife have preferred for years over "Charbucks" - it's a more smoother cup of coffee yet still bold flavors...

Seattle's Best Coffee is a specialty coffee retailer and wholesaler based in Seattle, Washington, USA. It became part of Starbucks Corporation on July 14, 2003. Its international division is owned by FOCUS Brands, Inc.

Founded by Jim Stewart in 1968 as the "Wet Whisker", an ice cream and coffee shop in Coupeville, Washington, Seattle's Best Coffee was known as Stewart Brothers Coffee from 1969 to 1991, when it took its present name.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4a/Seattles_best.jpg

MtnBiker
05-28-2007, 05:48 PM
The only thing that I don't like about coffee is the after jitters that I get.

I'll go way up for a couple hours and then crash...

I'm about to try this stuff:
http://www.fivehour.com/

The ingredient list had a caffine caution, it might give you the same jitters as coffee.

Abbey Marie
05-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Dunkin's is WAY better than McD's! Its not even in the same class! Regular coffee that is. I dont know about the iced versions.

You got that right, J!

Abbey Marie
05-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Why drink cofee at all?

You got through law school WITHOUT COFFEE?!!! :coffee::coffee:
I practically lived on coffee all three years.

05-28-2007, 06:35 PM

never had it at all. i find it quite disgusting just to smell.. but then alot of that is cause i worked the coffee pots in a convenience store and saw alot of psychos who had to have their coffee just right. last thing i need is addiction.

JLO
05-28-2007, 07:26 PM

Iced coffee? I did not know they have iced coffee! Maybe not at ours.

Said1
05-28-2007, 07:39 PM
never had it at all. i find it quite disgusting just to smell.. but then alot of that is cause i worked the coffee pots in a convenience store and saw alot of psychos who had to have their coffee just right. last thing i need is addiction.

:laugh2: Sounds like me when country style ran out of dark. Thank heavens there is a Bridgehead around here now!

glockmail
05-28-2007, 08:19 PM

Ever hear of a thermos? That's were my favorite road coffee is.

Mr. P
05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Ever hear of a thermos? That's were my favorite road coffee is.

I like my Stanley Stainless steel, I've had it for 30+ years.

Abbey Marie
05-29-2007, 12:19 AM
;):):D

I hope they gave you a special award at graduation. Like "Summa cum Sleepy"

Kathianne
05-29-2007, 03:42 AM

That was just my reaction! While I had coffee out while in high school, the big drinking started in college. There was no way to pull an all nighter without it. It's also when I switched to drinking it black. ;)

glockmail
05-29-2007, 08:06 AM
I like my Stanley Stainless steel, I've had it for 30+ years. That's a classic. May be worth money some day on ebay. My wife had a disney Thermos as a kid that some guy bought from us at a garage sale for a dime then later bragged that he sold it for 20 bucks.

I use a Thermos stainless that has a plastic outer shell that seems to insulate the steel outer jacket, plus the shape prevents it from rolling around.

Pale Rider
05-29-2007, 12:07 PM

So do you do the energy drink thing? Rock Star, Blow Your Head Off, etc.? :D

I like coffee. Not too strong though. Home brew tastes good to me. Folgers Classic Roast made with filtered water through my Pur water filter, and heavy on the Coffeemate Original Creamer.

Mr. P
05-29-2007, 12:11 PM
So do you do the energy drink thing? Rock Star, Blow Your Head Off, etc.? :D

I like coffee. Not too strong though. Home brew tastes good to me. Folgers Classic Roast made with filtered water through my Pur water filter, and heavy on the Coffeemate Original Creamer.

Plain Half & Half for me.

glockmail
05-29-2007, 01:46 PM

Plain Half & Half for me.

You woosies. I like Kirkland from Costco, and just like my women: hot, black, and bitter. :laugh2: