PDA

View Full Version : Cataloging Muslim Malfeasance Is Not An Effective Approach

tailfins
12-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Here is an exercise for those who don't understand what I'm saying. Volunteer as a telephone fundraiser for you favorite organization. Even an anti-Muslim organization would work for this illustration. You will have opponents try to debate you, you will have supporters inform you of their deep knowledge on the subject. Either you quickly get people off the phone once you find out if they are going to cough up some dough or you're not a good fundraiser. If you don't like the religious composition of the US, get out there and evangelize. If you are a high earner and your time is too expensive for that, do some strategic check writing.

When I see some here angry about Muslim atrocities not being dealt with, they are implying that the US Military and intelligence community are incompetent. If those are your professions, I am interested in what you have to say on the topic. Otherwise you're just commenting from the PEANUT GALLERY. If you don't know what the peanut gallery is, look it up.

Here, I will even do it for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_gallery

A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaudeville), a nickname for the cheapest (and ostensibly rowdiest) seats in the theater, which was all too willing [in the view of the performer] to heckle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler) the performer. The least expensive snack served at the theater would often be peanuts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut), which the patrons would sometimes throw at the performers on stage to show their disapproval. The phrases "no comments from the peanut gallery" or "quiet in the peanut gallery" are extensions of the name, meaning the great unwashed should defer to their betters.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2012, 09:23 AM
“Only a fool believes everything he’s told! A prudent man understands the need for proof.” (Proverbs 14:15)

Yet here we have you telling us presenting proof (FACTS) is bad and is bad because it comes from the peanut gallery. Well genius, real life incidents arent peanut gallery opinions, they are facts. Facts that you do not want presented here. It is all too apparent to me that you in your blindness seek to appease and want to sweet talk the muslims!

Either disprove the proof present, prove it in error or to be a lie or STFU.
This lets not see the facts crusade you are on is pathetic, unreasonable and downright insulting to be honest about it. Sure, you want the truth about the negatives hidden . That way you feel justified in your blinded opinion of them. When you see a organised effort put forth to present the truth supported by document facts of real life incidents you want to shut it down. Face it, you are a shill for the Islamists, in fact a shill for the radical terrorist murderers!
Now trying to convince others here that my presentation of facts that clearly show the violence, hatred and evil of Islam is either unworthy, wrong or meanspirited when its just a presentation of the facts of their savagery and goals.
Get this hoss, I present facts that put your heroes(muslims) out there for others to see their true motives and ways. You dont like it tough. Dont cry because you can not prove facts and reality to be false. Instead we now see you wage a campaign attempting to protect the terrorists and hide the truth.
Simply pathetic IMHO! -Tyr

jimnyc
12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Here is an exercise for those who don't understand what I'm saying. Volunteer as a telephone fundraiser for you favorite organization. Even an anti-Muslim organization would work for this illustration. You will have opponents try to debate you, you will have supporters inform you of their deep knowledge on the subject. Either you quickly get people off the phone once you find out if they are going to cough up some dough or you're not a good fundraiser. If you don't like the religious composition of the US, get out there and evangelize. If you are a high earner and your time is too expensive for that, do some strategic check writing.

When I see some here angry about Muslim atrocities not being dealt with, they are implying that the US Military and intelligence community are incompetent. If those are your professions, I am interested in what you have to say on the topic. Otherwise you're just commenting from the PEANUT GALLERY. If you don't know what the peanut gallery is, look it up.

What about when we bitch about the politicians in Washington. Can we only do so if we're in the profession? This is a message board, a discussion board, a place to talk about things. Why should just this one subject be so taboo? And whether from someone in a profession, or from a peanut gallery, they are all still valid opinions.

As for atrocities not being dealt with, and blaming the US military or similar, that is VERY rare. I don't see anyone saying our military is incompetent, nor our intel community. The people letting the majority of these atrocities go unquestioned or unpunished are Muslims themselves.

tailfins
12-11-2012, 12:16 PM
What about when we bitch about the politicians in Washington. Can we only do so if we're in the profession? This is a message board, a discussion board, a place to talk about things. Why should just this one subject be so taboo? And whether from someone in a profession, or from a peanut gallery, they are all still valid opinions.

As for atrocities not being dealt with, and blaming the US military or similar, that is VERY rare. I don't see anyone saying our military is incompetent, nor our intel community. The people letting the majority of these atrocities go unquestioned or unpunished are Muslims themselves.

It's not the subject per se. It's the obsession. I just don't see it as productive. What's the focus? What's the objective? Not having a focus nor objective is the definition of pointless. I could suggest some objectives:

1) Keeping our nation safe from attacks
2) The safety of Americans traveling abroad
3) Protecting the economic interests of the US

Do you want the Marines to show up and put a stop to the atrocities you mention? Pointless information is information with no course of action. I just don't see any objective to the anti-Muslim posts. Do you want to convince me not to become a Muslim? OK then, you have achieved your objective with me. I won't become a Muslim.

Marcus Aurelius
12-11-2012, 12:24 PM

condescending little shit, aren't you? (rhetorical statement... not sure what rhetorical means? look it up... never mind, here... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rhetorical)

Your first statement is inaccurate. Commenting on atrocities anywhere, from anyone & not just Muslims, does NOT automatically mean you're dissing the US military or intelligence communities.

As for the peanut gallery comment. You're on a message board. You know, a place where people discuss things... post about issues or actions that concern/interest them? If you only want to hear from people directly involved in a situation, you're seriously in the wrong place.

tailfins
12-11-2012, 12:31 PM
condescending little shit, aren't you? (rhetorical statement... not sure what rhetorical means? look it up... never mind, here... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rhetorical)

Your first statement is inaccurate. Commenting on atrocities anywhere, from anyone & not just Muslims, does NOT automatically mean you're dissing the US military or intelligence communities.

As for the peanut gallery comment. You're on a message board. You know, a place where people discuss things... post about issues or actions that concern/interest them? If you only want to hear from people directly involved in a situation, you're seriously in the wrong place.

Don't hate me for my talent. I just have a knack for spotting rabble.

jimnyc
12-11-2012, 12:49 PM
It's not the subject per se. It's the obsession. I just don't see it as productive. What's the focus? What's the objective? Not having a focus nor objective is the definition of pointless. I could suggest some objectives:

1) Keeping our nation safe from attacks
2) The safety of Americans traveling abroad
3) Protecting the economic interests of the US

Do you want the Marines to show up and put a stop to the atrocities you mention? Pointless information is information with no course of action. I just don't see any objective to the anti-Muslim posts. Do you want to convince me not to become a Muslim? OK then, you have achieved your objective with me. I won't become a Muslim.

After 9/11, terrorism took the front row. It's not our fault that continued terrorism and violence and non-stop attacks occur. I don't think it makes sense to ignore what happens around the world, do you? I know what you mean (1-3) and our responsibility as a country. But this is a message board and we're just discussing current events. Terrorism, abuse & violence just happens to be current every other day in the Islamic world.

I don't think we need a "focus" or "objective". Again, this is a message board. We all bounce news, opinions and such off of one another. We're not trying to solve the worlds problems here, just discuss them.

And lets face it, we all know where this really stems from, which is Jafar. First you were upset that he was supposedly a "whipping boy", then you went out of your way to show what a great guy you thought he was, and now you're trying to have others set aside any talk about the endless atrocities within Islam. Do you think admitting one supports a terrorist group might have set others off a tad? Are we supposed to ignore that? Should we ignore that? IMO, it's no different than someone coming here and stating they support Al Qaeda, a group which is responsible for killing 3,000 Americans. Or should we ignore his support because the terror group in question is only targeting Jewish people at this point?

Marcus Aurelius
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Don't hate me for my talent. I just have a knack for spotting rabble.

interesting that you consider being a condescending little shit a talent.

tailfins
12-11-2012, 01:08 PM
interesting that you consider being a condescending little shit a talent.

I can see you're bitter from not making it to port before the status ship sailed. Try not to think about it too much. Maybe you can drown your sorrow with a 6-pack of Milwaukee's Best.

tailfins
12-11-2012, 01:13 PM
After 9/11, terrorism took the front row. It's not our fault that continued terrorism and violence and non-stop attacks occur. I don't think it makes sense to ignore what happens around the world, do you? I know what you mean (1-3) and our responsibility as a country. But this is a message board and we're just discussing current events. Terrorism, abuse & violence just happens to be current every other day in the Islamic world.

I don't think we need a "focus" or "objective". Again, this is a message board. We all bounce news, opinions and such off of one another. We're not trying to solve the worlds problems here, just discuss them.

And lets face it, we all know where this really stems from, which is Jafar. First you were upset that he was supposedly a "whipping boy", then you went out of your way to show what a great guy you thought he was, and now you're trying to have others set aside any talk about the endless atrocities within Islam. Do you think admitting one supports a terrorist group might have set others off a tad? Are we supposed to ignore that? Should we ignore that? IMO, it's no different than someone coming here and stating they support Al Qaeda, a group which is responsible for killing 3,000 Americans. Or should we ignore his support because the terror group in question is only targeting Jewish people at this point?

If you're going to engage in any endeavor on a world class level, you will have all kinds of religions, languages, nationalities, political persuasions, etc. on your team. It's poor sportsmanship to show prejudice. When behavior of an individual warrants concern, that's a different conversation.

Marcus Aurelius
12-11-2012, 01:16 PM
If you're going to engage in any endeavor on a world class level, you will have all kinds of religions, languages, nationalities, political persuasions, etc. on your team. It's poor sportsmanship to show prejudice. When behavior of an individual warrants concern, that's a different conversation.

So, when large numbers of a group engage in terrorism, calling them out on it is poor sportsmanship...

Are you on crack?

tailfins
12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
So, when large numbers of a group engage in terrorism, calling them out on it is poor sportsmanship...

Are you on crack?

Have you ever seen an anti-Muslim presentation at the Olympic games?

Marcus Aurelius
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=599072#post599072)

Are you on crack?

It would appear the answer is yes, you are on crack. Seek professional assistance with your addiction.

jimnyc
12-11-2012, 01:43 PM

I will condemn any and all in the same category. As a whole, I post my displeasure with those who use religion as a reason to beat, abuse and kill people. I further post what I dislike about people being killed for petty reasons, such as, apostasy and blasphemy. Point out others doing the same on an almost daily level and I'll be happy to condemn them as well.

And FWIW, I'm admittedly not on a world class level, nor do I want to be. I'm simply a guy that posts and discusses stories I read, mostly coming from links off of Drudgereport. If this makes me prejudiced, and my only way to get rid of that label is to stop discussing Islam, I'll stay being labeled prejudiced. But what happens when I come across a story about a Japanese terrorist who beheads his daughter who brought shame to his family, beat his wife for being seen in public and then blows himself up in a cafe of 250. Hell, even make it 3 separate people. Will I then be prejudiced against Japanese too? Thing is, the Japanese aren't making daily headlines for these types of "crimes". No one is making headlines with these things, 'cept for the Muslims.

I promise you though, I'll keep my eyes out for other stories of terrorism, mass abuse of women, killing for apostasy and killing for insulting ones religion. It probably does happen at times elsewhere, but I can only discuss/post what I am made aware of via headlines and such, but you have my promise!

jimnyc
12-11-2012, 01:45 PM

There was a Muslim woman in the recent games that made world headlines. If there was a contingent of people in one area, with signage demanding more rights for Muslim women, and condemning other countries for the abuse and lack of humanitarian rights for women - do you think it would have been aired?

Abbey Marie
12-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I will condemn any and all in the same category. As a whole, I post my displeasure with those who use religion as a reason to beat, abuse and kill people. I further post what I dislike about people being killed for petty reasons, such as, apostasy and blasphemy. Point out others doing the same on an almost daily level and I'll be happy to condemn them as well.

And FWIW, I'm admittedly not on a world class level, nor do I want to be. I'm simply a guy that posts and discusses stories I read, mostly coming from links off of Drudgereport. If this makes me prejudiced, and my only way to get rid of that label is to stop discussing Islam, I'll stay being labeled prejudiced. But what happens when I come across a story about a Japanese terrorist who beheads his daughter who brought shame to his family, beat his wife for being seen in public and then blows himself up in a cafe of 250. Hell, even make it 3 separate people. Will I then be prejudiced against Japanese too? Thing is, the Japanese aren't making daily headlines for these types of "crimes". No one is making headlines with these things, 'cept for the Muslims.

I promise you though, I'll keep my eyes out for other stories of terrorism, mass abuse of women, killing for apostasy and killing for insulting ones religion. It probably does happen at times elsewhere, but I can only discuss/post what I am made aware of via headlines and such, but you have my promise!

You and some others here are doing a great and necessary thing. Don't change a bit.

http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/1fd2b9f8f70d11e18dc022000a1e9e70_6.jpg