PDA

View Full Version : Asian Tigers maul Obama

Robert A Whit
12-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I will supply the link but you have to use it to read the article. You won't be sorry you read it.

http://www.absoluterights.com/asian-tigers-maul-obama-and-tpp-trans-pacific-partnership-agreement/

Kathianne
12-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I read it. Think this might be more useful:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323622904578128650479355368.html

Updated November 19, 2012, 12:24 p.m. ET

<!-- ID: SB10001424127887323622904578128650479355368 --> <!-- TYPE: Asia News --> <!-- DISPLAY-NAME: Asia --> <!-- PUBLICATION: The Wall Street Journal Interactive Edition --> <!-- DATE: 2012-11-19 12:24 --> <!-- COPYRIGHT: Dow Jones & Company, Inc. --> <!-- ORIGINAL-ID: --> <!-- article start --> <!-- CODE=DJII-COMPANY SYMBOL=assean CODE=DJII-COMPANY SYMBOL=jpeco CODE=DJII-DJN SYMBOL=N/CEA CODE=DJII-DJN SYMBOL=N/ECO CODE=DJII-DJN SYMBOL=N/GENI CODE=DJII-DJN SYMBOL=N/IEN CODE=DJII-DJN SYMBOL=N/TRD CODE=DJII-DJN SYMBOL=R/ASI CODE=DJII-DJN SYMBOL=R/CB CODE=DJII-DJN SYMBOL=R/SSA CODE=DJII-REGION SYMBOL=apacz CODE=DJII-REGION SYMBOL=asiaz CODE=DJII-REGION SYMBOL=dvpcoz CODE=DJII-REGION SYMBOL=indochz CODE=DJII-REGION SYMBOL=kampa CODE=DJII-REGION SYMBOL=seasiaz CODE=DJII-SUBJECT SYMBOL=e51 CODE=DJII-SUBJECT SYMBOL=e512 CODE=DJII-SUBJECT SYMBOL=ecat CODE=PERSON SYMBOL=Gita Wirjawan CODE=PERSON SYMBOL=Solis, Mireya CODE=PERSON SYMBOL=Surin Pitsuwan CODE=PERSON SYMBOL=Takeshi Komoto CODE=SUBJECT SYMBOL=OASN CODE=SUBJECT SYMBOL=OWON PERSON Surin Pitsuwan PERSON|Surin Pitsuwan NAME Surin Pitsuwan SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT PERSON Gita Wirjawan PERSON|Gita Wirjawan NAME Gita Wirjawan SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT PERSON Takeshi Komoto PERSON|Takeshi Komoto NAME Takeshi Komoto SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT PERSON Solis, Mireya PERSON|Solis, Mireya NAME Mireya Solis SIGNIFICANCE PASSING-MENTION --> Asia Leaders Push Regional Trade Pact
By ENDA CURRAN (http://online.wsj.com/search/term.html?KEYWORDS=ENDA+CURRAN&bylinesearch=true)PHNOM PENH, Cambodia—A plan by Asian leaders to start talks on one of the world's biggest trade pacts could accelerate the global economy's shift to the fast-growing region and would overshadow Washington's separate push for a trade deal with Asia.

The RCEP process has the potential to slow—or even undermine—the U.S.-led Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership, which includes a raft of smaller Asian countries plus Australia, New Zealand and others, but not China. The TPP has already been hampered by disagreements over the treatment of state-backed enterprises, among other things.

"We will be doing everything we can to press forward with both sets of discussions," Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard told reporters ahead of talks here on the TPP with U.S. President Barack Obama. "How these negotiations for each roll out, how they will ultimately relate to each other is something that will develop during the course of the discussions," she said.

Indonesia's trade minister said that Asian governments shouldn't overreach with a complex web of separate negotiations. "At the end of the day we have to be realistic about it in terms of bandwidth allocation," Mr. Wirjawan said. "Policy makers have to be cognizant of the extent to which they can allocate their resources and time."

To push the RCEP through, negotiations may focus on broad-brush statements and avoid sensitive areas. "I don't think we can achieve a high-level free trade agreement like the TPP. That is a challenge. We'll have to adjust and accommodate each other, and find common ground," said Takeshi Komoto, director for free trade negotiations at Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.

A broader deal than the detailed TPP "might be an easier trade agreement to negotiate," said Mireya Solis, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.

A little less hyperbole and more explanation.

Robert A Whit
12-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Listen Kath, I have long known that you despise me.

So your snarky comment can just pound salt.

I had no intention of forcing any poster to read the article. Congratulations for your effort to force them.

Kathianne
12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Listen Kath, I have long known that you despise me.

So your snarky comment can just pound salt.

I had no intention of forcing any poster to read the article. Congratulations for your effort to force them.

Sheesh. I read the article. Then went further. WTF is your problem? Victim syndrome? I don't play to that.

Robert A Whit
12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Sheesh. I read the article. Then went further. WTF is your problem? Victim syndrome? I don't play to that.

You are in denial. Never your fault eh? The problem is not me, it is you. As I said, I have long known you despise me. And you proved it again above.

Thunderknuckles
12-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Thank you Kat.

Without a brief explanation of what the article was about, I was afraid to click on the link being I am at work.

Kathianne
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
You are in denial. Never your fault eh? The problem is not me, it is you. As I said, I have long known you despise me. And you proved it again above.

Robert, Bob, what have you, what are you looking for? I love you and your posts, will that do it for you? How about your wisdom touches the cockles of my heart? That?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I will supply the link but you have to use it to read the article. You won't be sorry you read it.

http://www.absoluterights.com/asian-tigers-maul-obama-and-tpp-trans-pacific-partnership-agreement/

Crap, got my hopes up so high only to dash them on the horrid rocks below. Curse you Phenias Whiplash, curse you all to hell. ;) -Tyr

Robert A Whit
12-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Robert, Bob, what have you, what are you looking for? I love you and your posts, will that do it for you? How about your wisdom touches the cockles of my heart? That?

Sarcasm becomes you. When you claimed my post was hyperbole, I realized again that you don't like me.
Look, one poster thus far TOOK reputation from me. Everybody else has given it to me.

Guess who took and did not give?

YOU

Then after slamming my post, you now allege you like my posts? Why crap on my posts then?

Robert A Whit
12-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Crap, got my hopes up so high only to dash them on the horrid rocks below. Curse you Phenias Whiplash, curse you all to hell. ;) -Tyr

I am taking note of how you talked to me Tyr.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I am taking note of how you talked to me Tyr.

Taking notes improves your writing skills. However its a poor substitute for getting shatface and winging it when asked about a past point.
Dear old friend of mine always said, its easier and better for a lazy man to baffle 'em with bullshit than it is to dazzle them with brilliance. And takes far less effort.
I asked, what if you can do both and switch midway ? Isnt that really a sight to behold?
He replied , overkill is highly overrated and a deadly addiction for such a braggart.
I replied, but if you can do it why hold back?
His reply was simply, if you can do both why brag about it?
Then he laughed , drank a hearty shot of his favorite whiskey and said.
We both know you can do both anytime , so why not just knock the bastard out and be done with it?
My friend(now long departed), a fine man , fought in Korea and was the guy that gave me my favorite line about dipshit ,asshats and glorified fooools--
"Fukk 'em feed 'em fishheads."
He was about your age when he passed away... Some of your posts remind me of how he talked.. Thats a compliment.. :beer:--Tyr

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Sarcasm becomes you. When you claimed my post was hyperbole, I realized again that you don't like me.
Look, one poster thus far TOOK reputation from me. Everybody else has given it to me.

Guess who took and did not give?

YOU

Then after slamming my post, you now allege you like my posts? Why crap on my posts then?

Dude, I never slammed your post, it was the link. Got it now? Hmmm?

fj1200
12-12-2012, 01:26 PM

And what is your opinion on the subject?

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Taking notes improves your writing skills. However its a poor substitute for getting shatface and winging it when asked about a past point.
Dear old friend of mine always said, its easier and better for a lazy man to baffle 'em with bullshit than it is to dazzle them with brilliance. And takes far less effort.
I asked, what if you can do both and switch midway ? Isnt that really a sight to behold?
He replied , overkill is highly overrated and a deadly addiction for such a braggart.
I replied, but if you can do it why hold back?
His reply was simply, if you can do both why brag about it?
Then he laughed , drank a hearty shot of his favorite whiskey and said.
We both know you can do both anytime , so why not just knock the bastard out and be done with it?
My friend(now long departed), a fine man , fought in Korea and was the guy that gave me my favorite line about dipshit ,asshats and glorified fooools--
"Fukk 'em feed 'em fishheads."
He was about your age when he passed away... Some of your posts remind me of how he talked.. Thats a compliment.. :beer:--Tyr

Thanks my friend. Friends come in all sorts of configurations. Some are personal friends due to meeting each other and being around each other. They believe they know each other very well. I suspect your friend is like that. Vernon, when working, an aerospace engineer resides in San Diego so I seldom see him. We are super close friends. Vernon taught me to play chess.
Vernon gave me reason to get decent grades in high school. When Vernon attended MIt, we would talk on the phone. Anyway, I appreciate your posts and your humor. I was in high school during the Korean war and lost an uncle early in the war. Gene had been a true professional at combat and the way he talked when around me, I felt like he actually enjoyed combat.

Gene was on a pacific island and as part of the invasion force, got his share of combat. He was walking close to a pile of rocks and suddenly he heard a shot and it cut his helmet strap in two and quickly he aimed his M-1 Garand at the place he saw sunlight glint off metal and killed the sniper. Gene went back to dig the Japanese solder out and collected his diary. The Diary claimed he killed over 100 americans from that spot. Turns out he held a college degree from UC Berkeley, Ca. Gene found out reading the diary.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 02:47 PM
And what is your opinion on the subject?

From the looks of the article, Obama takes his share of crap from Asians.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Dude, I never slammed your post, it was the link. Got it now? Hmmm?

I see. My title accurately reflected the title of the article but you claimed my post was hyperbole. If you meant to slam the link, just say that.

fj1200
12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
From the looks of the article, Obama takes his share of crap from Asians.

Meh, the article is blathertastic.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 03:11 PM

You one of those Obama fans?

fj1200
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM
You one of those Obama fans?

Yeah, how'd you figure that out? :rolleyes:

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah, how'd you figure that out? :rolleyes:

Well, at least you admitted it. Once I too was that dumb. :clap:

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 03:59 PM
It is said that once you grow up, and study freedom a lot, you can't vote for Democrats. Even the scum sucking Obama can't get my vote. Any human who is not in favor of freedom does not get my vote.

fj1200
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Well, at least you admitted it. Once I too was that dumb. :clap:

Apparently you still are if you miss the sarcasm. :slap:

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 04:21 PM

Is Bob just a chronic complainer or really doesn't understand how this board thing works?

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Apparently you still are if you miss the sarcasm. :slap:

Or were you lying to me?

This is an easy question.
Yes or no. Do you support Obama? And did you vote for him?

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Is Bob just a chronic complainer or really doesn't understand how this board thing works?

Are you? Can't you MYOB even one time?

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Are you? Can't you MYOB even one time?

No, you stalking bad mouther. You keep accusing me of 'hating you' and saying things about your 'postings' that I've not said. All my references were about the article you linked to. If we read and don't agree, you complain. If we say, 'not taking the time for a video with no analysis' you complain.

Guess what you f'ing genius, with oh so many degrees, the rest of us have every right to post what we want, when we want, on the threads we want. So post and STFU about the rest of us.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
No, you stalking bad mouther. You keep accusing me of 'hating you' and saying things about your 'postings' that I've not said. All my references were about the article you linked to. If we read and don't agree, you complain. If we say, 'not taking the time for a video with no analysis' you complain.

Guess what you f'ing genius, with oh so many degrees, the rest of us have every right to post what we want, when we want, on the threads we want. So post and STFU about the rest of us.

You started whining about me and my posts shortly after I came here. So can it disease. I am sick of your snotty manners.

I have not yet started badmouthing in the manner you deserve.

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 04:43 PM
You started whining about me and my posts shortly after I came here. So can it disease. I am sick of your snotty manners.

I have not yet started badmouthing in the manner you deserve.

You really think you are something special, because of your age? Because of your engineering background? Your construction and real estate background? Your special knowledge of guns? Your venn diagram discoveries? Your daughter homeschooling? That your kids graduated university? That your wives dumped you and your subsequent lady friends found other men? (Can't imagine why.) :rolleyes:

Many of us can be nasty, we usually don't.

fj1200
12-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Or were you lying to me?

This is an easy question.
Yes or no. Do you support Obama? And did you vote for him?

No, no, and no. I specifically used the international symbol for sarcasm used on the interwebinator such that you have on your desktop/laptop.

EDIT:

And on another note, might I add, ouch.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
You really think you are something special, because of your age? Because of your engineering background? Your construction and real estate background? Your special knowledge of guns? Your venn diagram discoveries? Your daughter homeschooling? That your kids graduated university? That your wives dumped you and your subsequent lady friends found other men? (Can't imagine why.) :rolleyes:

Many of us can be nasty, we usually don't.

Gee, unless you are blind, or dumb, you must have noticed I have problems with one poster.

That is you.

And do you want to blame the other posters for getting along with me or can it be you at fault? Again, you make snotty comments about my family and things I have spoken of.

But I will let you know when or if some other poster does me as you keep doing.

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Gee, unless you are blind, or dumb, you must have noticed I have problems with one poster.

That is you.

And do you want to blame the other posters for getting along with me or can it be you at fault? Again, you make snotty comments about my family and things I have spoken of.

But I will let you know when or if some other poster does me as you keep doing.

It's more than me. Bet on it.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 06:19 PM
It's more than me. Bet on it.

So you defend your crass behavior because you have some allies?

I never figured out why Venn diagrams pissed you off to the point you trashed me.

Then we got into one more fight when you slammed me over Kahn.

No, I have but one running fight.

With you.

How many times did you apologize for attacking me.

Not once.
You do it then deny you did it.

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 06:34 PM
So you defend your crass behavior because you have some allies?

I never figured out why Venn diagrams pissed you off to the point you trashed me.

Then we got into one more fight when you slammed me over Kahn.

No, I have but one running fight.

With you.

How many times did you apologize for attacking me.

Not once.
You do it then deny you did it.

I'm not going to fight with you, but I will return what you give. You are under some very weird misunderstandings regarding anything I've posted.

One, from the get go I thought you seemed well informed and my giving you rep and thanks would verify that.

Two, I did apologize for the Venn nonsense. As for Khan, never once said it was anything but great. I did say it wasn't the right source and even venue for younger children, under middle school at least.

Three, you think all is about you, BOB, it isn't. The vast majority of the board is about topics, not posters.

Oh, for the beginning, it's not 'allies.' Few do that here, it's long time members and their reactions to someone not reading what's written.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm not going to fight with you, but I will return what you give. You are under some very weird misunderstandings regarding anything I've posted.

I have not been giving you anything. I have tried to tell you that you can stop with the smear against me. Now is fine. You can't return what I have not given.

One, from the get go I thought you seemed well informed and my giving you rep and thanks would verify that.

I gave you many thanks plus reputation. I noticed you subtracted from my reputation. Perhaps you can prove I took some of yours.

Two, I did apologize for the Venn nonsense. As for Khan, never once said it was anything but great. I did say it wasn't the right source and even venue for younger children, under middle school at least.

Venn is nonsense?? Maybe that is what is beind your reaction. I recall you saying something. I realize in your view Kahn is too advanced for children but the Kahn site owner claims it is not.

Three, you think all is about you, BOB, it isn't. The vast majority of the board is about topics, not posters.

Again, trying to tell ME what I think, setting up a strawman remark and apparently tossing it out so I have to once again defend myself. But you are wrong. I believe it is about topics which is one reason I had to deal with you making it about me.

Oh, for the beginning, it's not 'allies.' Few do that here, it's long time members and their reactions to someone not reading what's written.[/QUOTE]

And who are you accusing of not reading what is written? Can that be one more snarky remark? Why must you pick fights? Why won't you end that habit? Do you see me having these conversations with the many other posters? Gee, no ... you do not see me having to constantly defend myself.

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Somehow all the quotes were mine from 'friendly Bob's' last post, when they should have been inverted. In any case then, I'll deal with what is:

Venn is nonsense?? Maybe that is what is beind your reaction. I recall you saying something. I realize in your view Kahn is too advanced for children but the Kahn site owner claims it is not.

I never claimed venn diagrams were nonsense, my mistake was in assuming anyone bright enough to be posting on a messageboard hadn't heard of them. I was snarky and apologized, coming to the conclusion you really just had 'discovered' them.

As for Khan Academy, I gave only positives with the given warnings regarding younger children. You however and now you are claiming Khan too, (though I'd like the link to that), are saying that their sitting at a computer for over 5 hours a day, listening to lectures and responding to questions in scantron form is superior to other means. I don't doubt that someone that never heard of venn diagrams until a couple months ago might determine such, but highly doubt Khan is saying the same.

Again, trying to tell ME what I think, setting up a strawman remark and apparently tossing it out so I have to once again defend myself. But you are wrong. I believe it is about topics which is one reason I had to deal with you making it about me.

Cite all the logical fallacies you like, it seems you have a problem understanding which are which and whether or not one is being played. Do you even read what you write? You never comment on the topic, only your experience with the topic. Most often that has 0 to do with the topic. It's all about BOB!

And who are you accusing of not reading what is written? Can that be one more snarky remark? Why must you pick fights? Why won't you end that habit? Do you see me having these conversations with the many other posters? Gee, no ... you do not see me having to constantly defend myself.

Yes, you do have these problems with many posters. However, I'm the only female poster that you've a problem with. Misogynist comes to mind.

You 'argue' with the men that disagree and call your nonsense out, it's only me that you stalk and try to demean.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Somehow all the quotes were mine from 'friendly Bob's' last post, when they should have been inverted. In any case then, I'll deal with what is:

I never claimed venn diagrams were nonsense, my mistake was in assuming anyone bright enough to be posting on a messageboard hadn't heard of them. I was snarky and apologized, coming to the conclusion you really just had 'discovered' them.

As for Khan Academy, I gave only positives with the given warnings regarding younger children. You however and now you are claiming Khan too, (though I'd like the link to that), are saying that their sitting at a computer for over 5 hours a day, listening to lectures and responding to questions in scantron form is superior to other means. I don't doubt that someone that never heard of venn diagrams until a couple months ago might determine such, but highly doubt Khan is saying the same.

Cite all the logical fallacies you like, it seems you have a problem understanding which are which and whether or not one is being played. Do you even read what you write? You never comment on the topic, only your experience with the topic. Most often that has 0 to do with the topic. It's all about BOB!

Yes, you do have these problems with many posters. However, I'm the only female poster that you've a problem with. Misogynist comes to mind.

You 'argue' with the men that disagree and call your nonsense out, it's only me that you stalk and try to demean.

This nonsense you told me? What was the nonsense and the source of the nonsense????? And I thank you for recalling you apologized but look at the tone of your reply even right now? And you called me yet one more name. Again you claim it is all about BOB. I believe we are getting to the root of your snarky comments. You blame ME. Not one bit of the problems has to do with you, eh. All my fault? Seems you sing that song a lot. Have you once tried to take responsibility for your own actions?
As to Kahn, I learned of Kahn some years ago on a TV program. What reminded me of them was they were on one more time recently. I am tellling you that they stated on TV that the program works for kids. I don't believe I have the link since I got it on TV.

Where have I "stalked you or demeaned you?" I am talking about this due to your attacks. Why are you not reading my actual remarks? Look however at the multiple times you demean me. Are you doing it because I am a man> And of course my posts to others address the topics. I prefer to deal with topics and not engage in personal stuff. I was shocked the first time you pulled this stunt and you can't seem to stop. Saying stuff about me just for the meanness of it.

What man am I fighting with? I can't think of any other woman that is putting me through this dog and pony show. You speak of playing me. Is that what this is all about?

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 08:11 PM
This nonsense you told me? What was the nonsense and the source of the nonsense????? And I thank you for recalling you apologized but look at the tone of your reply even right now? And you called me yet one more name. Again you claim it is all about BOB. I believe we are getting to the root of your snarky comments. You blame ME. Not one bit of the problems has to do with you, eh. All my fault? Seems you sing that song a lot. Have you once tried to take responsibility for your own actions?
As to Kahn, I learned of Kahn some years ago on a TV program. What reminded me of them was they were on one more time recently. I am tellling you that they stated on TV that the program works for kids. I don't believe I have the link since I got it on TV.

Where have I "stalked you or demeaned you?" I am talking about this due to your attacks. Why are you not reading my actual remarks? Look however at the multiple times you demean me. Are you doing it because I am a man> And of course my posts to others address the topics. I prefer to deal with topics and not engage in personal stuff. I was shocked the first time you pulled this stunt and you can't seem to stop. Saying stuff about me just for the meanness of it.

What man am I fighting with? I can't think of any other woman that is putting me through this dog and pony show. You speak of playing me. Is that what this is all about?

I rest my case on the whining.

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 08:15 PM

Thank you for admitting you are whining. And you are correct. I have spent too much time dealing with your whining.

aboutime
12-12-2012, 08:29 PM

Kathianne. Remember, a few weeks ago when you told me to lighten up on a certain member?

Looks like the chickens have finally come home to roost. No need to rest your case. We all saw it coming too!

Robert A Whit
12-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Kathianne. Remember, a few weeks ago when you told me to lighten up on a certain member?

Looks like the chickens have finally come home to roost. No need to rest your case. We all saw it coming too!

I was wondering if you would stink the post up. Mission accomplished by you.

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 08:39 PM
I was wondering if you would stink the post up. Mission accomplished by you.

Now you are saying that AT is stinking up posts? LOL? I didn't think so. Cabal granted.

aboutime
12-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Funny stuff. Despite all of the sadness from yesterday. Life goes on. It's good to laugh and STINK UP a thread.